PDA

View Full Version : Faction war

ninjacut
04-03-2017, 12:54 PM
So everybode,

there is no secret behind it, that in a round of the faction war the last 2- 3 days are the only thing that mater. But whats about the season in total?

at the moment its:

Vikings: 1
Samurai: 2
Knights: 0

So, whats if the samurai win the current round so they won 3 out of 5 rounds, which would logicly woud be a win of the season (best of 5).

Or is the season like a round and the final round is everything that counts? :confused:

Draghmar
04-03-2017, 01:02 PM
If the final round would determine winner that would be just stupid. I know that right now each round is badly designed in this aspect but whole season? I hope not. But I'm pretty sure that even if Samurai faction gonna win this round we will get this one last round to play because devs needs time to prepare DLC. ;)

Gray360UK
04-03-2017, 01:04 PM
Of course it will be the most Rounds, this must have been stated somewhere official.

If Samurai win another then it's their season.

Knights and Vikings would then be fighting it out for 2nd, assuming Samurai don't win every round ;)

Hillbill79
04-03-2017, 01:15 PM
The timing of when each round ends will always favour the Samurai. It is the time when Samurai are most active....

Knights dominate through the night/early morning (UK time) suggesting most knights are US side....

Vikings dominate Around Afternoon/evening..... Most Vikings are European...

Samurai dominate later on, suggesting their higher player base is in Far east......

The timings favour the Samurai on the last round.

ninjacut
04-03-2017, 01:17 PM
I've asked because I never have read anywere something offical how its going to be regulated.

ninjacut
04-03-2017, 01:20 PM
The timing of when each round ends will always favour the Samurai. It is the time when Samurai are most active....

Knights dominate through the night/early morning (UK time) suggesting most knights are US side....

Samurai dominate later on, suggesting their higher player base is in Far east......

Yeah, seems legit. But basicly its irrelevant when the rounds end, becuase there will allwaybe one faction wich would gain advantage of the time zones

Ichnich89
04-03-2017, 01:22 PM

Remember that a round is made of 57 turns. That's 14 days and 6 hours. Which will result in every round ending at different times.

Hillbill79
04-03-2017, 01:23 PM
Easily fixed by having it set every 24 hours, instead of every 6 hours,

Yeah, seems legit. But basicly its irrelevant when the rounds end, becuase there will allwaybe one faction wich would gain advantage of the time zones

Hillbill79
04-03-2017, 01:24 PM
Its worked to the samurais favour the last 2 rounds.

Remember that a round is made of 57 turns. That's 14 days and 6 hours. Which will result in every round ending at different times.

Ichnich89
04-03-2017, 01:28 PM
You can't possibly call the last round decent or fair. We had 8hours blackout exactly when the round ended....

ninjacut
04-03-2017, 01:28 PM
Easily fixed by having it set every 24 hours, instead of every 6 hours,

Well, then there would be no real remarkable change in distribute the assets, you would see the impact after 24hr...that would be bit depressing in my opinin. But at least it would fix the time zone issue.

Gray360UK
04-03-2017, 01:43 PM
I'd be very surprised if the Factions are as precisely geographically distributed as suggested above.
I'm sure there are plenty of US and UK Samurai and so on.

Hillbill79
04-03-2017, 04:17 PM
Yeah, there will be plenty.,... but I think the main player bases for each faction will have some geographical distribution.

Europe can relate well to both Knights and Vikings.... The far east more the samurai... The US side.... well, they will likely go with whatever as none are relevant to their history.

Unless you count all US presidents being directly descended from a medieval English King....King John.....So knights for them lol :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2183858/All-presidents-bar-directly-descended-medieval-English-king.html

Prophit618
04-03-2017, 04:54 PM
It's not even just the last 2-3 days that matter, it's literally the last 3 rounds.
I'm at work and don't have the precise numbers on me, but in 3 rounds you can go from having only your base to having more territories than everyone else. Literally everything done before then matters none at all.

However, and I might be wrong about this, if you look up the Faction War tutorial under the "How to Play" menu in-game, I believe it does specifically state that the winner of the most rounds out of 5 wins. If samurai win this round, then you're basically playing for second place (which does get more rewards than last, so there is some incentive, however demoralizing). It's been some time since I watched that video though, so I'm not 100% positive on it.

Ichnich89
04-03-2017, 05:28 PM
It's not even just the last 2-3 days that matter, it's literally the last 3 rounds.
I'm at work and don't have the precise numbers on me, but in 3 rounds you can go from having only your base to having more territories than everyone else. Literally everything done before then matters none at all.

However, and I might be wrong about this, if you look up the Faction War tutorial under the "How to Play" menu in-game, I believe it does specifically state that the winner of the most rounds out of 5 wins. If samurai win this round, then you're basically playing for second place (which does get more rewards than last, so there is some incentive, however demoralizing). It's been some time since I watched that video though, so I'm not 100% positive on it.

Well, first of all you need to be in the spot with the least amount of territories three turns before the end, which would imply that, well, the last 6 turns are crucial. The first three to lose almost all of your territories and then the last three where you bounce back ;)

Prophit618
04-03-2017, 06:03 PM
Well, first of all you need to be in the spot with the least amount of territories three turns before the end, which would imply that, well, the last 6 turns are crucial. The first three to lose almost all of your territories and then the last three where you bounce back ;)

Losing down to the single territory is not necessary to win. You can be dominating going into the final three turns and still win easily. I'm saying that doing as poorly as possible, you only need 3 turns to win the whole thing. Hence the last 3 turns are all that matter.