PDA

View Full Version : Advice for dealing with revenge!

Alustar.
04-03-2017, 11:42 AM
***DISCLAIMER*** this is not a topic to discuss revenge on its current state or how to fix it.

The purpose for this is to advise new and experienced players on ways to deal with the mechanics in its current state.

For starters let's make one thing clear: regardless of buffs if you are not hit no damage is taken.

While the gear despairity can be tough for new players; working as a group is critical. We need a call for rationality amongst players. Make parties, coordinate attacks, talk and interact.
99% of my matches no ones talking. This is the true flaw.

xmelesiox
04-03-2017, 11:47 AM
I agree we need more partying and communication. I have a mic but rarely use it because people don't seem to listen. I've ran into enough nice players to have enough to party but it happens rarely still. Most of them are lower then me or new to the game so I can help them out. Unfortunately a handful have quit already too which is sad.

The game needs more in game communication if possible. I think of Dota, "Stun Now" and the other customizable quick comments. "Guard Break Now" could be a quick comment so if someone is revenging your party knows you're about to grab them. It could even be "Disable Now" or if possible to customize by character Shugoki stating, "Demon Embrace" or Lawbringer quick chat of "Longarm of the Law" so you know what your team mate is about it. Not everyone is going to have a mic or speak the same language even so having more indepth quick chat plus customizable could make a huge difference.

Only way to deal with revenge right now, IMO, is someone to grab them and team mates to hit them. Rinse/Repeat.

EDIT: in fact I'm taking the customize quick chats over to suggestion right now.

Gray360UK
04-03-2017, 11:59 AM
Don't engage someone with Revenge. That's my main tip.
I'm always amazed when I see people trying to take on a Revenge state guy, especially when it's 1 vs 1. They are still standing toe to toe with an enemy that now has unlimited stamina and increased attack and defence.
You can see the confidence boost when players gain Revenge. Suddenly they're coming for you swinging their axe like a maniac. You can also see the frustration when you just keep evading until it runs out and they go back to normal.
Don't hand them an advantage / easy kill.

TCTF_SWAT
04-03-2017, 12:06 PM
Depends.

As a conq, play defense and spams shield bashes.

As a LB, practice your pancake skills and spam shoves.

As pk, just retreat till it's out.