PDA

View Full Version : Devs: Honor Mechanics

Marcrele
04-02-2017, 11:20 PM
This game is called "for Honor" for a reason I hope. Meaning the intent of it is far away from what I see especially in 4vs4 modes: Peepz slugging like primitive monkeys in 4 vs 1 situations without any thoughts, People running away and beeing chased for 3-5 Minutes. This is just bad mechanics and not my idea of fun.

To deny this behaviour, go where it hurts: Focus on honor and punish those who do not follow those rules. In said 4 vs 1 situations decrease the amount of earned xp and steel in matches to a minimimum. People who don't fight within 30 - 45 seconds: decrease the amount of earned xp and steel. On the other hand award those who play fair with plenty. It's just psychology.

CandleInTheDark
04-02-2017, 11:26 PM
For the x millionth time, it's For Honor not With Honor.

Personally I prefer 1v1,oddly enough there is a mode for that, but in dominion you are in a pitched battle and in those you protect the man to the left and the right of you (or in the case of an assassin, the man between you and the person whose back you face, we are assassins, not heroes).

Marcrele
04-02-2017, 11:30 PM
For the x millionth time, it's For Honor not With Honor.

Personally I prefer 1v1,oddly enough there is a mode for that, but in dominion you are in a pitched battle and in those you protect the man to the left and the right of you (or in the case of an assassin, the man between you and the person whose back you face, we are assassins, not heroes).

In my suggested arguments you still could play. But you won't progress, which would be totally fine.

Gray360UK
04-02-2017, 11:30 PM
This game is called "for Honor" for a reason ... *snip*

No. Really it isn't.

Marcrele
04-02-2017, 11:34 PM
No. Really it isn't.

chinese spamm again

BananaBlighter
04-02-2017, 11:40 PM
I don't think that you can really expect people to play nice in 4v4s. However when they introduce ranked, I wouldn't mind if it took into consideration your honour by accounting for how you killed the enemy. Ledge, gank and feat takedowns decrease honour, 1v1 kills increase it.

That way it's not forced. The people that want to play honourably can do so and be rewarded for it with a fancy ranking they can show off about. After all, when it comes to ranked matches you can be sure people will be doing whatever it takes to win, even if that means ledge camping for 5 minutes straight in duels (it's already happened to me before). We need something to counteract that. Reward, do not punish.

UbiJurassic
04-02-2017, 11:50 PM
Hey Marcrele, thanks for taking the time to write and leave your suggestion.

Gray360UK
04-02-2017, 11:56 PM
I don't think that you can really expect people to play nice in 4v4s. However when they introduce ranked, I wouldn't mind if it took into consideration your honour by accounting for how you killed the enemy. Ledge, gank and feat takedowns decrease honour, 1v1 kills increase it..

You know the game awards you bonus points and calls it an 'Hnourable Kill' when you kick someone over a ledge? ;)

TCTF_SWAT
04-03-2017, 12:08 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/vWDrezW0rMjmM/giphy.gif

Captain-Courage
04-03-2017, 10:23 AM
Honor, honor, honor ....
Hey, just a question !
Let's talk about suicide :

- For a Samurai, commiting ritual suicide, "Seppuku", is one of the most honorable thing to do. You face you fate with courage and accept death to wash your name and the reputation of your house.

- For a Knight, commiting suicide is one of the worst blasphemy and dishonorable things to do. If you commit suicide, you refute god's gift, and act like a coward who can't face life's harshness and the trials god has put on your way.

Who is honorable ?

kanuzira
04-03-2017, 10:26 AM
Honor, honor, honor ....
Hey, just a question !

- For a Samurai, commiting ritual suicide, "Seppuku", is one of the most honorable thing to do. You face you fate with courage and accept death to wash your name and the reputation of your house.

- For a Knight, commiting suicide is one of the worst blasphemy and dishonorable things to do. If you commit suicide, you refute god's gift, and act like a coward who can't face life's harshness and the trials god has put on your way.

Who is honorable ?

1 Hooah for you

DarkstarQc
04-03-2017, 10:34 AM
This game is called "for Honor" for a reason I hope. Meaning the intent of it is far away from what I see especially in 4vs4 modes: Peepz slugging like primitive monkeys in 4 vs 1 situations without any thoughts, People running away and beeing chased for 3-5 Minutes. This is just bad mechanics and not my idea of fun.

To deny this behaviour, go where it hurts: Focus on honor and punish those who do not follow those rules. In said 4 vs 1 situations decrease the amount of earned xp and steel in matches to a minimimum. People who don't fight within 30 - 45 seconds: decrease the amount of earned xp and steel. On the other hand award those who play fair with plenty. It's just psychology.
your just another whinner who don't know how to block and take advantage of revenge mode in ganking situation learn how to play or just stick with the 1 vs 1

Marcrele
04-03-2017, 11:01 AM
Honor, honor, honor ....
Hey, just a question !

Who is honorable ?

If you want to discuss that, I advice you to study sociology. I'm talking about game mechanics

Marcrele
04-03-2017, 11:03 AM
your just another whinner who don't know how to block and take advantage of revenge mode in ganking situation learn how to play or just stick with the 1 vs 1
Before picking up the sword learn how to write.

Alustar.
04-03-2017, 11:08 AM
Before picking up the sword learn how to write.

Before picking up your controller, learn the difference between reality and video games.
assuming the game will be a certain way because if it's title is a fools errand. Much like judging a book by its cover.
Also shows you haven't played through the main campaign.
Lol noob

IDubbaDownI
04-03-2017, 11:19 AM
The only thing I agree with is that something needs to be done about people running away for 3-5 minutes, though I haven't seen this lately thankfully.

Easy Solution: For Elimination and Skirmish. Once it is a 4v1 situation. A centrally located objective appears. Some flag or just a huge circle on the ground. The outnumbered player as 1 minute to start contesting that space. Keep in mind that this objective is not a tiny space and does take a while to capture. I think this will solve just the problem of a troll doing nothing but grabbing speed boosts and just trying to be rude and let the time run out. Dominion could have the outnumbered player have 1 minute to contest any zone. If after this time, the enemy controls all 3 zones and he is not contesting, game ends.

As for the other ideas of steel and xp rewards for not playing "With Honor". Absolutely not. The choice of seeing players playing a certain way and not makes this game exciting. If everyone just cheered on the sidelines in the middle of your 4v4 deathmatch maps or even worse, Dominion, how boring. Those moments where you power through an outnumbered fight truly make this game amazing.

As for crying foul for hazard kills...enough. Players that spam ledge throw are so predictable and easily countered. Hazard kills are great ways for outnumbered players to balance the odds. Not to mention that area control are some characters strengths. So to punish these characters for using their kit is beyond ludicrous. Now this does not mean, okay, I only fight near ledges. When you see these players refusing to fight anywhere else but a ledge, just know that the satisfaction you'll get by beating them on their terms is oh so delicious. I cannot think of way to get a player, say in Brawl, who is just spamming his emotes on a bridge because he wants to throw you in the lava for 3 minutes to step forward and fight. However, deducting points for not playing by a made up set of "With Honor" rules only removes player's choices. And chaos is fun to fight against, and it is fun to cause some times. Have fun

Marcrele
04-03-2017, 11:22 AM
Much like judging a book by its cover. Also shows you haven't played through the main campaign

Preassumptions are the biggest neckbreaker.
I gave an advice on how to deal with mechanics that can be improved. These Forums are filled with reactionary filth.

Alustar.
04-03-2017, 11:29 AM
Preassumptions are the biggest neckbreaker.
I gave an advice on how to deal with mechanics that can be improved. These Forums are filled with reactionary filth.

I can't help but think of this story involving a pot and a kettle?
First off, everyone knows revenge is a hot topic right now, but if you haven't figured out how to deal with the states of things as is, well buddy, that's on you.

TCTF_SWAT
04-03-2017, 11:41 AM
So what if the people don't care about their steel or exp? Plus joke son you. I got enough steel and everything I need from prestige. Plus.....there's still orders that give easy steel. So this little "crapshoot" does nothing in the long term.....hell it does nothing at all.

Captain-Courage
04-03-2017, 11:48 AM
If you want to discuss that, I advice you to study sociology. I'm talking about game mechanics

Your are not.
The only thing you are talking about is your subjective appreciation of honor

This game is called "for Honor" for a reason I hope

Focus on honor and punish those who do not follow those rules

So once again, what is honor ?

Gray360UK
04-03-2017, 11:53 AM

No you really aren't. You're talking about a concept, that exists entirely in the mind, and trying to impose that into a game where it doesn't belong. The game developers have clearly indicated over and over that it doesn't belong. Play the story, watched the Advanced Warden Tutorial, watch the intro cinematic, kick someone over a ledge and read the points breakdown ... there is no honour here.

Yarzahn
04-03-2017, 01:51 PM
People running away and beeing chased for 3-5 Minutes

I hate this. Assassins that decide to run away when they're losing and there's absolutely no way to stop them, except for the feats on some characters.
As for 4v1 in the 4v4 game modes. I see no problem with that. It's a team game, what are your team mates doing in that time?

kweassa1917
04-03-2017, 02:34 PM
An arsassin running away to go back to a node and get HP is basically -1 player on that front.

If the enemy team has a lot of arsassins that has that bad habit of running away the moment his/her opponent shows backbone, it actually makes the game a lot easier for your team. They usually avoid confrontation so much that they practically become a non-factor during the fight. Almost always leave their teammates to be outnumbered, and then in the end gets cornered and die.

It's the ones that don't run that are more scary.

Alustar.
04-03-2017, 04:08 PM
I hate this. Assassins that decide to run away when they're losing and there's absolutely no way to stop them, except for the feats on some characters.
As for 4v1 in the 4v4 game modes. I see no problem with that. It's a team game, what are your team mates doing in that time?

An arsassin running away to go back to a node and get HP is basically -1 player on that front.

If the enemy team has a lot of arsassins that has that bad habit of running away the moment his/her opponent shows backbone, it actually makes the game a lot easier for your team. They usually avoid confrontation so much that they practically become a non-factor during the fight. Almost always leave their teammates to be outnumbered, and then in the end gets cornered and die.

It's the ones that don't run that are more scary.

So now we ignore tactical play? If the goal is to kill the opponent more than they kill you, or in some cases not even related to kills but objective points, how can you say they are bad?
Seems more like a smart player deciding to disengage before feeding the other teams points so he can re-engage later. As I've said before the biggest plague in this game so far is the lack of quality groups and effective team work. Start talking and coordinating more and you will see a marked improvement in your random matches.

Marcrele
04-03-2017, 04:41 PM
So now we ignore tactical play? If the goal is to kill the opponent more than they kill you, or in some cases not even related to kills but objective points, how can you say they are bad?
Seems more like a smart player deciding to disengage before feeding the other teams points so he can re-engage later. As I've said before the biggest plague in this game so far is the lack of quality groups and effective team work. Start talking and coordinating more and you will see a marked improvement in your random matches.

In my case I was talking about outnumbered players in elimination. If that's tactical: wow!

Marcrele
04-03-2017, 06:37 PM
No you really aren't. You're talking about a concept, that exists entirely in the mind, and trying to impose that into a game where it doesn't belong. The game developers have clearly indicated over and over that it doesn't belong. Play the story, watched the Advanced Warden Tutorial, watch the intro cinematic, kick someone over a ledge and read the points breakdown ... there is no honour here.

Well, it's in there as it is obviously stated by someone else here when killing opponents in a fair fight (ledge pushing included, which I find totally fine). By doing so we are rewarded with more XP. All I do is to suggest something what the devs might consider. Just keep your pants on. Talk about whining and such: you and the bunch are behaving like little spoiled brats when their toy is obviously broken and the parents decide to swap it for a proper one.

On a side note: I'm doing fine playing Kensei as my main with my current gear. It just doesn't feel honest nor skillfull when I wipe out 2- 4 people with 2 ZA's in Revenge. But well keep em coming if you are fine with it.

Marcrele
04-03-2017, 06:52 PM
, what are your team mates doing in that time?

replying here? I wonder too

guest-dRAMM25U
04-03-2017, 07:30 PM
it's For Honor not With Honor.

Holy god! That's the most stupid statement I've ever read in my life. You can't fight for honor without fighting with honor lmao

escacleo
04-03-2017, 08:35 PM
Holy god! That's the most stupid statement I've ever read in my life. You can't fight for honor without fighting with honor lmao

I don't know. I think they may have a point. Unless you choose dishonor to kill the dishonorable. That would be honorable.

Gray360UK
04-03-2017, 10:12 PM

It's really not if you read up on the definitions of the words FOR and HONOR.

For is what you do something ... wait for it ... for .... not what you do it with.

For is something you want to gain, so you want to gain honour, be honoured, receive honour.

Honour is distinction, privilege, glory, tribute, kudos, cachet, prestige, fame, renown, merit, credit, importance, illustriousness, notability ... etc

So if I am fighting FOR ... pick one of the above ... FAME? I have to do that by fighting WITH honour? No, of course not.

Less stupid now?

You know when Aragorn says 'For Frodo ...' in the Return of the King, does he start battering Orcs with a curly haired Hobbit a few seconds later?

No.

CandleInTheDark
04-03-2017, 10:42 PM
It's really not if you read up on the definitions of the words FOR and HONOR.

For is what you do something ... wait for it ... for .... not what you do it with.

For is something you want to gain, so you want to gain honour, be honoured, receive honour.

Honour is distinction, privilege, glory, tribute, kudos, cachet, prestige, fame, renown, merit, credit, importance, illustriousness, notability ... etc

So if I am fighting FOR ... pick one of the above ... FAME? I have to do that by fighting WITH honour? No, of course not.

Less stupid now?

You know when Aragorn says 'For Frodo ...' in the Return of the King, does he start battering Orcs with a curly haired Hobbit a few seconds later?

No.

Hands off my hobbit! :p

daffadowndilly
04-03-2017, 11:19 PM
Aragorn wants to gain Frodo, be Frodoed, receive Frodo.

DeathZoldat
04-03-2017, 11:23 PM
I would be happy i they just made the BOTs have a little honor at least, nothing worse than coming into an elimination match against a bot whos already just spamming light attacks then when you start to get the upper hand they just run away and start picking up boosts. Makes the match no fun what so ever

IDubbaDownI
04-05-2017, 04:49 PM

No.

Best example ever.

And if someone whines about Honor one more time I'll quote one of the Orcs in Two Towers. "He took a little tumble off the cliff"