PDA

View Full Version : What are your favorite but underrated games?

Bodark Zulu
04-02-2017, 05:50 PM
I'm doing a gmv for underrated games but I couldn't think of too many off the top of my head . What games do you love but alot of other gamers call it crap?

D0MFTW
04-02-2017, 07:40 PM
RAGE from id software, I really liked that game. It's not that it was necessarily "crap" but I think it flew under the radar for many and was underrated.

araos1
04-03-2017, 09:36 PM
It all depends on who you talk to and their likes and dislikes. I've met who people hate Mass Effect 1 because of the inventory and combat systems, but I love that game and still play it on PC. I've met some who call Star Wars The Old Republic garbage because it's not MMO enough, but I really enjoy playing it (22 characters ought to say something and I still play it.).

One of my friends calls this game a buggy mess and it seems like he doesn't want to play it anymore because he's gone back to The Division and Battlefield 1. I love Ghost Recon Wildlands, and consider it basically what I've always wanted in a shooter (minus a few things, nothing is perfect).

I've gotten to the point I don't care what reviews or anyone else say anymore about movies and games, etc. because I've found that often what other people (especially the really vocal) is not what I want. I watch or play something for myself if I thought it looked interesting and I make up my own mind now instead of just listen to them. That metacritic score I see on Steam doesn't mean anything to me anymore. Nor does the amount of reviews being positive or negative.

Bodark Zulu
04-04-2017, 01:37 AM
It all depends on who you talk to and their likes and dislikes. I've met who people hate Mass Effect 1 because of the inventory and combat systems, but I love that game and still play it on PC. I've met some who call Star Wars The Old Republic garbage because it's not MMO enough, but I really enjoy playing it (22 characters ought to say something and I still play it.).

One of my friends calls this game a buggy mess and it seems like he doesn't want to play it anymore because he's gone back to The Division and Battlefield 1. I love Ghost Recon Wildlands, and consider it basically what I've always wanted in a shooter (minus a few things, nothing is perfect).

I've gotten to the point I don't care what reviews or anyone else say anymore about movies and games, etc. because I've found that often what other people (especially the really vocal) is not what I want. I watch or play something for myself if I thought it looked interesting and I make up my own mind now instead of just listen to them. That metacritic score I see on Steam doesn't mean anything to me anymore. Nor does the amount of reviews being positive or negative.

I feel the same way about reviews. I don't think I could've said it better myself man.

Bodark Zulu
04-04-2017, 01:39 AM
I've already made and finished the gmv so if your curious as to what the final product looks like please take a gander. Its a Brand new GMV on some of my favorite underrated games that I've personally played. Features Evolve,Titanfall 2 , Assassin's Creed Unity and Halo Wars. Been working on this all day lol. So tell me if you like it or if there was something lacking,and either way leave a comment for a gaming themed idea for my next gmv like "favorite games" "consequence" "bravery" or other themed gmvs . What are your favorite Underrated games that lots of gamers rank on but that you love ?

https://youtu.be/EAHdkW-R6g0

Varakharne
04-04-2017, 01:46 AM
I have quite a few as just about most of the time my opinion and feelings completely differ from popular ones. Lately I've been thinking about how good Powerslave for the PS one was. Man that game was great and even the vastly different PC version was considered sub par when compared to the PS one version. It had great setting, levels, music, omg the music was awesome and atmosphere that really came together well. You basically were up agasint a alien race the absorbed all the Egyptian culture and mythos ..

I mean listen to this ... AHHH love it !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpZfWmweQK4&list=FLe98HL0xJrDc3v9mceEiA3w&index=302

Bodark Zulu
04-04-2017, 02:04 AM
I have quite a few as just about most of the time my opinion and feelings completely differ from popular ones. Lately I've been thinking about how good Powerslave for the PS one was. Man that game was great and even the vastly different PC version was considered sub par when compared to the PS one version. It had great setting, levels, music, omg the music was awesome and atmosphere that really came together well. You basically were up agasint a alien race the absorbed all the Egyptian culture and mythos ..

I mean listen to this ... AHHH love it !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpZfWmweQK4&list=FLe98HL0xJrDc3v9mceEiA3w&index=302

I've never heard of it but the music is really awesome though :eek:

DeBelleme
04-18-2017, 09:07 PM
Hello to all,

I think the old Thief -games never got very popular. Then again, those cater to a very closed crowd.

Hmm... most underrated game I always wanted to get even more fame, was and still is the old Mount & Blade series. M&B 2 still in the making. Very well thought of games. Mod community has done some great stuff for it too like the total conversion, Star Wars Conquest, is so very interesting and grabs the feel of the Star Wars once you replace the cheap forgetable music with some Willams' stuff.