PDA

View Full Version : Instant Quit (Grow a pair!) PUNISH!

Nxtgen_Soco
04-02-2017, 03:25 PM
First off the fact I decided to get up off playing the game on xbox one to type this out on my laptop says enough about how infuriating this is...

There needs to be a penalty for people that leave like a 10 min ban from PvP games or something. I've had 4 skirmish matches in a row where my team just leaves doesn't even try to fight. Example ( I'm 108 gs and rest my team is low 2 in white gs one in blue gs enemy team is 3 blue 1 purple and before I even run in the 2 whites leave and then the blue obviously go's well I'll leave and leaves my with a bot team. This situation has happened now 4 matches in a row and if anything kills the game.

I know the match making system is not working correctly at the moment but the fact white gs or blue gs guys don't even try its disgusting, gaming these days were player just want easy fights or they leave, get killed once they leave wtf is wrong with people.

Thinking to myself ah it will be ok when they introduce ranked and a leave peno but No, No it wont because your still going to have the issue in normal play.

Please o Please introduce a small leave penalty for such cowardly play.

2 Hours!!! of game play and I had one match that was truly PVP 4v4 SORT THIS CRAP OUT!

I really hope you read these threads Ubisoft because allowing this sort of rage quitting, looking for easy matches is killing the game even more!!!

I also feel that introducing a 10 min game ban for just leaving would sort a lot of these issues out, along with sorting the match making out. Go have a look at the game "Overwatch" by Blizzard or even "Rocket League" it really help this kind of baby muddling ****.

Xaviloga
04-02-2017, 03:36 PM
So, when i play For Honor i must hide into a bunker, turn off phones, etc.

Ok, next time real life call me i will go afk, if its for 10 mins, bad luck then.

Nxtgen_Soco
04-02-2017, 03:39 PM
So, when i play For Honor i must hide into a bunker, turn off phones, etc.

Ok, next time real life call me i will go afk, if its for 10 mins, bad luck then.

What do's this even mean? :confused:

If your phone is going off all the time then don't punish your team by leaving them 4vs3 while you sit there in that case you are just punishing your team by not playing and by the time your finished your talk you've been kicked for being afk and have to wait like 4 mins left of the ban which if your afk leaving your team to fight you should be punished.

ring the person back when the match ends, hard isnt it since the matches last what like 10mins max

IDubbaDownI
04-02-2017, 04:06 PM
Experienced the same thing on PS4. Decided to work on an order for Skirmish and 2 out of 4 matches were 3 instant leavers on the other team leaving the other guy by himself. Each one was a slaughter because the bots that replaced him were easy.

Not sure what's going on but it is intentional. Maybe there's some dumb loophole where you quit the match in a certain way and you still get credit. Or we just have a new breed of troll which would be just sad.

Either way, people quitting matches raises the chance of the game crashing as well as just degrading the experience of players still in the game. So a punishment is needed.

However, if you punish people now, there will be a great number of people wrongly punished as the game may have just crashed on them.

If there is a way to determine how a person leaves the game, such as pausing the game and selecting quit, then that would be perfect to punish. It wouldn't solve all cases but would definitely catch a lot of rage quitters.

Nxtgen_Soco
04-02-2017, 04:11 PM
Yeah I couldn't agree more but as you say a lot of crash's happen because the way they have setup p2p and players just leaving.

They really need to fix the matchmaking, random kicks and quitters.

But its really not helping the p2p with rage quitters causing I'd say 70% of the disconnect issues not to mention game play of playing PVP and it turns into PVE or your entire team is bots.

Very Frustrating

The_B0G_
04-02-2017, 10:23 PM
You do realize most of the time people get DC it's at the first of the round. If I'm playing with a friend and he gets booted in the first minute of the game I'm not going to stay.

Bob__Gnarly
04-02-2017, 10:55 PM
One of the mods here said they can differentiate between disconnects and rage quits, so bring on the penalties. Too many softies quitting matches and ruining it for the rest of us.

Genesiz13
04-02-2017, 11:04 PM
also need to punish the end game quitters. alot of people quit right before the match ends because they don't want a loss to decrease their ratio. i've had 7 times where someone on the enemy team quits right when the victory screen appears, and my game literally just freezes and crashes. not even a disconnect, game just crashes and i have to restart. and it's extremely annoying because you get absolutely nothing out of the match people who quit near the end of the match and make me lose all of my orders progress, etc. they should add so that quitting after half of the points are achieved by a team on dominion and skirmish or after round 1 on elimination should count as 2 losses.

The_B0G_
04-02-2017, 11:19 PM
One of the mods here said they can differentiate between disconnects and rage quits, so bring on the penalties. Too many softies quitting matches and ruining it for the rest of us.

The only problem with that is if someone in your party gets DC'd, if you quit to go play with them you get penalized because you weren't kicked like they were. Matchmaking needs to be fixed to be much more reliable and also fair before getting penalized for quitting will be fair to people in this situation.

UbiJurassic
04-02-2017, 11:57 PM
We are looking into way to punish and discourage people from intentionally leaving the game. No details or ETA just yet, but keep an eye on our Official Announcements forum and announcements from our Community Developers in the weekly Warrior's Den livestream.

supermaldo93
04-03-2017, 12:51 AM
More people will leave the game if there is a serious rage quit penalty just saying. Unless there is a true ranked mode, no one should be punished for quitting.

DvlDawg15
04-03-2017, 02:02 AM
I have a 108 valk, rep 5 and another set of gear with different stats at 99... blues and rep 3's still destroy me sometimes...

Our issue is the focus on gear score... it's helps no doubt, but it will not substitute for skill... I grind orders to get stuff for the rep and gear. My skill doesn't magically give me great gear or else I'd probably be a high blue

Nxtgen_Soco
04-03-2017, 10:02 AM
More people will leave the game if there is a serious rage quit penalty just saying. Unless there is a true ranked mode, no one should be punished for quitting.

Not talking serious punishment but needs to be a 5 - 10min play ban or something to discourage the utter cowardly move. I really don't think its going to cause people to leave the game for good and such a small punishment will then set the line to stop this. I would kinda of like to see this along with fixing the match making to be on the character and not on the account.

To be brutal that saying "if you can't handle the heat get out of the kitchen" comes to mind if it cause's people to just give up the game they really are not the type of community players Ubisoft need for this game to be sucessfull

FightingFerrets
04-03-2017, 10:54 AM
The matchmaking is just so bizarre. I mean it just seems to be too coincidental how often one team is stacked in terms of Rep and GS vs a team of scrubs. I read somewhere that the Devs said the matchmaking tries to get people of close to equal Rep in a game but then they have no control over what character they pick and what stats/gear they have. But honestly....if that were the case wouldn't you see more mixed bags of teams rather than a stacked squad vs a very low ranked one?

I have a Rep 7 108 Warlord and when I play him I'm almost always on a team of higher level peeps, when I use my Rep 2 37 PK...I'm almost always facing the pumped up group. I went into a match last nigh as the PK and I was the only one with in the blue with an overall GS of 37...everyone else was grey. We were up against two 108's and 2 more purple. My team quit, two as soon as the match started, and I had a team of bots. I stayed because I don't quit. It wasn't fun. I still managed 9K and 7D and got the experience and steel but it wasn't an enjoyable experience.

TBH_Saeko_Irri
04-03-2017, 10:59 AM
We are looking into way to punish and discourage people from intentionally leaving the game. No details or ETA just yet, but keep an eye on our Official Announcements forum and announcements from our Community Developers in the weekly Warrior's Den livestream.

How can you punish someone who left a game?
1. When he/she entered the game few minutes after the game starts and the score difference is all ready to big why I must play a all ready lose game?
2. When I am playing with friends and someone get error at the start of the game I want to play with my teamates not alone so I will leave.
3. Why someone must suffer an entire match when the opponent's are all 108 gear score with revenge builds and are rep 1 or 2 with 40 or 50 gear score?
There is no point in this

Egotistic_Ez
04-03-2017, 11:33 AM
Most people aren't rage quitting, they're just dcing because the servers are ****. When I group with my rl mate for dominion one or both of us will dc from around 50% of games, the xbone server are just that **** where for honor is concerned. Most other people have the same experience, at least those on my friends list or this forum.

They can tell the difference between a dc and someone quitting via the menu. If I disconnect my net or close the program externally (task manager on pc for example) then to the game it still looks like a legitimate dc.

Fact is leaver penalties simply can't be added to a game this unstable.

Hillbill79
04-03-2017, 12:59 PM
Force quitting returns you to desktop, DC's return you to the world map.... so its easy to tell if someone has force quit.

Remove the "quit to world map" option.... then any quitting is a forced quit of the game..... easy to tell if that's happening.

Small ban. 30 mins?

Steel penalty?

Xp Penalty?

And a loss on their stats.

A loss in a game yields the same rewards as a win anyway, so what does it matter?

You will improve in skill by playing against better players also, so quitting effects you too.... it also causes games to crash for others, wasting their time as well as yours... THAT is why there should be punishments.... because it's very selfish.

Most people aren't rage quitting, they're just dcing because the servers are ****. When I group with my rl mate for dominion one or both of us will dc from around 50% of games, the xbone server are just that **** where for honor is concerned. Most other people have the same experience, at least those on my friends list or this forum.

They can tell the difference between a dc and someone quitting via the menu. If I disconnect my net or close the program externally (task manager on pc for example) then to the game it still looks like a legitimate dc.

Fact is leaver penalties simply can't be added to a game this unstable.

Frappenstain
04-03-2017, 01:46 PM
Since it's become a less frequent, but DC's are still a thing. Mybe you are a bit angry becauseof that but it can be a bit unfair for dc'ed players. Keep calm, give some breaks. I played all day yesterday and become weirdly aggressive. Tension of the game can cause a bit stress.

Nxtgen_Soco
04-03-2017, 02:48 PM
How can you punish someone who left a game?
1. When he/she entered the game few minutes after the game starts and the score difference is all ready to big why I must play a all ready lose game?
2. When I am playing with friends and someone get error at the start of the game I want to play with my teamates not alone so I will leave.
3. Why someone must suffer an entire match when the opponent's are all 108 gear score with revenge builds and are rep 1 or 2 with 40 or 50 gear score?
There is no point in this

1. You don't want to try turn the tide of the fight, so instead you quit after joining a poor guy that has been left on his own with bots because of you guessed it him team more than likely quit after a 1 death spanking. (you sound like one the people that would leave just before the game ends just to keep your win ratio up "why bother in public play not even ranked"

2. if there was a 5 min ban you and you friends take a 5 min break and go to the toilet or get a drink or stay on and get try to prove you are a good player and don't allow the enemy a easy win.

3. This is silly if all your "friends" gang up on a revenge build guy then its your own fault leave you friend fight 1v1 and don't lock on don't put people in revenge bit of common sense and good game play I've seen low gs hammer a 108 gs, try to play rather than cry..?

(All this said they have said they are fixing the revenge build issues and unfair matchmaking because of your crying and lack of want for a hard game.)

Sorry for being aggressive towards you but you come across as the exact problem to these rage quitting or die once quit people and its so bloody annoying.

Nxtgen_Soco
04-03-2017, 02:51 PM
Force quitting returns you to desktop, DC's return you to the world map.... so its easy to tell if someone has force quit.

Remove the "quit to world map" option.... then any quitting is a forced quit of the game..... easy to tell if that's happening.

Small ban. 30 mins?

Steel penalty?

Xp Penalty?

A loss in a game yields the same rewards as a win anyway, so what does it matter?

You will improve in skill by playing against better players also, so quitting effects you too.... it also causes games to crash for others, wasting their time as well as yours... THAT is why there should be punishments.... because it's very selfish.

30 mins ban is a bit much maybe when they bring in ranked play with harder punishments. Agree with everything you say tho especially... "You will improve in skill by playing against better players also, so quitting effects you too.... it also causes games to crash for others, wasting their time as well as yours... THAT is why there should be punishments.... because it's very selfish."

Nxtgen_Soco
04-04-2017, 09:41 AM
Ok so here is another example I've played the game the last 2 days all in all about 8-10 hours gameplay.

I've had one match that was completed with 4 actual players vs 4 Players.

Get this some of the hours I played with my friends there is 3 of us 108 gs and the other 31 gs (white) vs 2x108 gs 2xhigh purples one that was 102 gs and they left in half way into match because they were losing.

so even with fair match making players just leaving when they know they are going to lose rather than trying to fight and as mentioned above playing to get better.

Draghmar
04-04-2017, 09:51 AM
I know what you're talking...yesterday on 8 games I manage to complete one...on those 7 each had missing players after a while and unfortunately each ended with host leaving game. The most painful what last one when I already saw victory announcement and then host left, back to the main screen, no rewards, no progress...

bananaflow2017
04-04-2017, 01:22 PM
Same here. Had a dominion match on sunday. Me (108)+ 3 greys against 4 108.
Yeah after a minute i was with 3 bots against those guys....
I still dont know how i managed to get in a sudden death dir both....

Egotistic_Ez
04-04-2017, 01:38 PM

Small ban. 30 mins?

Steel penalty?

Xp Penalty?

The standard errors will crash you to the menu and can be distinguished from "quit to world map", not just because you push a button but also because they generate an error report. BUT, ending the process or disabling your net is identical to the program crashing which, while nowhere near as common, does occasionally happen. You could just roll the dice and say "eh, most people leaving games this way are cheating so let's punish all of them" but there's no actual way to tell, which was the topic.

And depending how "pulling the cable" works (never tried it) that may also just register as a sync issue and throw an error and be entirely undetectable.

The_B0G_
04-05-2017, 02:34 AM
Theres a few major issues with harsh penalties for quitting on purpose from a game.

Like already mentioned, if a friend gets DC'd from a match due to server stability, it's ridiculous to give people in that person's party ANY type of penalty at all, seeing as they are the victim in this situation.

It's one thing playing someone better than you, but it's even more frustrating when they easily kill you and then spam taunts with emotes and spam "sorry!". So I can see why people sometimes leave early when being mocked after being continuously beat.

Making penalties too big, like 30 min penalties, or losing steel you've already earned would make players turn the game off completely rather than wait for the penalty time to expire and would diminish the player base faster than it's already happening.

I think when they fix matchmaking so you pick a hero before matchmaking begins and then go by skill, or even just fix the OP revenge builds, rage quits won't be even close to as big of a problem. Rage quits happen because players are getting stomped by far better players that most of the time shouldn't even be matched against each other in the first place.

I've been in the situation before, every attack is blocked or parried, every GB is countered, feinting isn't working and is getting you GB'd. Sometimes you're just not even on the same planet in terms of skill with players and it can be very frustrating. No one wants to be someone's punching bag for 10 mins.

Lastly I think if the For Honor development team had better host migration and games didn't drop as often as they do when people quit, rage quitters wouldn't be an issue. Playing bots may be boring but you still get full PvP points for the match, and its an easy win.

M0nty_1
04-05-2017, 06:16 AM
2 major things that would reduce the majority of players leaving matches:

1) Ubi needs to fix its servers so people don't get disconnected.
2) Ubi needs to change the matchmaking so it is done AFTER selecting a character. I'm very often seeing most people on the side with greatly lower stats quitting out - I've started the game with 3 other humans, and ended with 3 bots when the other side has too many 108s. I don't care if I lose to a team of 108s, but I seem to be in a minority.

When those 2 things are fixed, then remove the option to quit to main menu and introduce a small disincentive eg 1/2 xp or steel for the next 15 minutes of play time.

I suggest to people playing as 108s who find themselves playing bots, reduce your gear stats to something under 100. It will make little difference to you but the behaviour of quitting out when matched with 108s seems very prevelant. I'm holding off upgrading my gear for this very reason, or if I do make a maxed out set, I won't wear it.

Nxtgen_Soco
04-05-2017, 10:00 AM
I know the match making is not working correctly and your friend might get kicked then he can wait out his 5-10 min ban as you finish the game you might have to wait 2 mins before you can all group up again....

Just using the excuse's above as a idea that you should not be punished is a bit of a joke. Most to all games I played last night people started to leave when they knew they where going to lose nothing to do with d/c's or matchmaking or anything 108 gs vs 108 gs or what ever your team your against again last night we where beating a full 108 gs team and they quit when the score was 1000-800 and their quitting making the instance crash out and nobody gets rewards,

Why because they want a good win/loss ratio in public play? Its very very frustrating the only good game I have had in the past 3 days was with my friends 4 vs another group of high gs team and I guess the only reason they didn't quit is because we lost like 1100-900 or something was a great game and when with my friends its actually fun as I know my team wont quit and the only real issue is that people just quit.

The above is nothing to do with matchmaking or gs issues or any other **** its to do with because they want a good win/loss ratio in public play? or something I cant understand there simply needs to be a small penalty, so what if your friend gets kicked probably because a player somewhere decided to leave and screw up the P2P wait or play and then wait 2-5 mins and then play again.

2 complete 4v4 player match in 3 days now.... I know the p2p is **** and there is load of issues with match making but this is not the reason I've only had 2 full matches in 3 days of game play apx 14 hours...

CoyoteXStarrk
04-05-2017, 10:07 AM
To be fair there are totally legitimate reasons to leave a game

Nxtgen_Soco
04-05-2017, 11:48 AM
I'm going to presume your on about match making and server issues.

1. Yes there is p2p issues but I would confidently say that most disconnects are caused by rage quitter or end game quitters, All that said Ubisoft has said they are looking into it so until its fixed you just going to quit and destroy other players games?

2. Match Making issues yes once again ubisoft have said they are working on fixing it but the lack of trying and against high levels and get practise

So yes they have said they are trying to fix the issues still no excuse to leave the game when about to lose and cause a crash for all because people care about their win/lose ratio in public play its nonsense

Astrolite.
04-05-2017, 11:55 AM

This would be good, A time penalty or something in that way would discourage people for intentionally leaving a game. ;)

FightingFerrets
04-05-2017, 01:20 PM
To be fair there are totally legitimate reasons to leave a game

Lol...I was sitting down to play a game of Elimination the other morning. As the game is panning around saying "Round 1" my son comes crying into the room saying he just let the dog out and he ran across the road and won't come back. I had to quit...sometimes life just gets in the way! :)

Prophit618
04-05-2017, 01:35 PM
Lol...I was sitting down to play a game of Elimination the other morning. As the game is panning around saying "Round 1" my son comes crying into the room saying he just let the dog out and he ran across the road and won't come back. I had to quit...sometimes life just gets in the way! :)

This is true, but in those situations you would hardly notice a time ban anyway, since presumably what dragged you out of the match would require your attention for a few minutes.

Time penalty is the way to go, it provides the most manageable downside for innocent players caught up in a disconnect storm, while being a major irritation for people who make a habit out of quitting. And if you're one of those people being harassed and deciding that leaving the match is the best option as opposed to turning off chat, it's just a matter of deciding if it's worth the penalty to get away from that guy. In all honesty, the time to cool down after such a situation is probably of benefit.

But let's face it, most of the time that I see someone rage quit, it's been people with high rep and gear score, who feel like they have something to lose by their record getting another L on it, not people who are being harassed.

RatedChaotic
04-05-2017, 02:38 PM
I like that xbox has a report for "quiting early" option. Sorry bros whether you dc or leave you are quiting the match. Therefore you will recieve one of these from me. I had 4 rage quitters in a row the other day. Pvp in this game is a joke right now. Hell I even had a guy throw me off but in the next round I threw him off he raged and sent me hate mail. I've had that happen many times. I had a guy use revenge in duel. Next round I got revenge and used it. He raged and sent me hate mail.

WTF is wrong with these people.

Specialkha
04-05-2017, 02:45 PM
I won't leave a game as soon as we get a proper matchmaking system, so i won't be matched against 108 gear score player when I play a rep1 hero. Kthxbye.

Prophit618
04-05-2017, 03:48 PM
I won't leave a game as soon as we get a proper matchmaking system, so i won't be matched against 108 gear score player when I play a rep1 hero. Kthxbye.

That's your perogative, but you should still be punished for potentially destabalising the rest of the players and for definitely weakening your team.

Specialkha
04-05-2017, 03:55 PM
I play the game to have fun, and i have no fun being hammered by noobs 108 gear score players revenge build while I have 14 gear score. Onc they fixed that, I won't leave.

Nxtgen_Soco
04-05-2017, 04:08 PM
I play the game to have fun, and i have no fun being hammered by noobs 108 gear score players revenge build while I have 14 gear score. Onc they fixed that, I won't leave.

If your getting hammered all the time and play the odd time for "Fun" then I'am afraid to tell you this but your the Noob no disrespect but that's the definition someone that's new, If you jump in on a fight and both focus 1 guy thats 108 likely he will get revenge they are fixing this but for now try to stay away or just guard break him over and over. Stop this I got killed I'm leaving your in a team game so if your playing 4v4 anything your with people not I, I, I crap buckle up and get your arms dirty learn techniques to get around your problems. Practice in PvE and custom matches.

Before you say but but but... I've seen a team of blue gs beat my team and I'm 108 gs with say 2 blue gs and 1 purple they where just good players and we where not as good.

O look I said it I'm not the worlds best player but I enjoy a hard fight even if I'm getting spanked. There is such a toxic community in for honor that are scared to say someone is better than themselves or even just except it and don't want to practice or try to get better.

Specialkha
04-05-2017, 04:30 PM
Dude, I have an orochi 104 gaer score (that is why I am getting matched against 108 gear score players), but you do not stand a single chance against a 108 gear score player when you are a 14 gear score player. Once they fix that, it will be fine.

suboptiml
04-05-2017, 04:41 PM

A couple of examples of how the quit penalty can backfire:

In a 2v2 mode last night me as Zerk got a Warlord on my team vs a Conq + Warlord. It was the tower map.

Match starts and I'm faced against the Warlord down in the open area already. He starts dancing around without engaging. Meanwhile my teammate and enemy Conq run down the tower to the open area. My teammate goes to the far end to fight his opponent. All set for a fun match then, right?

Nope. The enemy Conq and Warlord run up to the top of tower and rahrahrah, refusing to come down to fight. They obviously want to just throw people off, and they've got the cheese abilities to do it.

My teammate spams the bash head on shield emote while I actually bother asking if the guys want to actually fight. More rahrahrahs in response. So I quit out.

Second example. I load into 2v2, and my opponent literally refuses to fight. He just runs away, rolling around. I can hear my teammate laughing and joking on voice with her opponent. It becomes clear I've loaded into a match where some friends are just goofing off, chasing each other around and not really fighting.

I ask if they're interested in fighting or just goofing around. They don't answer. So I quit out of the match.

The moment I get penalized for leaving a match where my opponents are running and refusing to fight, or when they're solely intent on cheesing Conq bashes and Warlord pushes to ledge people, is the moment I uninstall the game.

Whatever system you build better account for these types of situations. If you don't, and I get "punished" for not playing along with getting ledged by cheese abilities or waiting out the match timer for a group playing tag, I'll be done with the game.

I'm here to play a fighting game. Not play along with abuse of poorly designed abilities/maps and games of grab-***.

Hope you account for this too.

Prophit618
04-05-2017, 04:55 PM
A good system of punishment, focused on delays in re-queueing, would not penalize you too severely for quitting the occasional match. The penalties would be increasing in severity when done in close proximity to another disconnect. So yes, you might end up being penalized slightly for leaving a match like the ones you described, but certainly nothing extreme.

It's a numbers game at that point, lightly penalizing the occasional person with a good reason for quitting a match to increase stability in general and make sure the real problems are properly punished. It's a pretty fair trade all things considered.

Vingrask
04-05-2017, 06:10 PM
A couple of examples of how the quit penalty can backfire:

In a 2v2 mode last night me as Zerk got a Warlord on my team vs a Conq + Warlord. It was the tower map.

Match starts and I'm faced against the Warlord down in the open area already. He starts dancing around without engaging. Meanwhile my teammate and enemy Conq run down the tower to the open area. My teammate goes to the far end to fight his opponent. All set for a fun match then, right?

Nope. The enemy Conq and Warlord run up to the top of tower and rahrahrah, refusing to come down to fight. They obviously want to just throw people off, and they've got the cheese abilities to do it.

My teammate spams the bash head on shield emote while I actually bother asking if the guys want to actually fight. More rahrahrahs in response. So I quit out.

Second example. I load into 2v2, and my opponent literally refuses to fight. He just runs away, rolling around. I can hear my teammate laughing and joking on voice with her opponent. It becomes clear I've loaded into a match where some friends are just goofing off, chasing each other around and not really fighting.

I ask if they're interested in fighting or just goofing around. They don't answer. So I quit out of the match.

The moment I get penalized for leaving a match where my opponents are running and refusing to fight, or when they're solely intent on cheesing Conq bashes and Warlord pushes to ledge people, is the moment I uninstall the game.

Whatever system you build better account for these types of situations. If you don't, and I get "punished" for not playing along with getting ledged by cheese abilities or waiting out the match timer for a group playing tag, I'll be done with the game.

I'm here to play a fighting game. Not play along with abuse of poorly designed abilities/maps and games of grab-***.

Hope you account for this too.

What stupid reasons for quit. In fact this just show how weak you are. You don't want to work for a win. But you aren't the ball owner here.

If you know already what someone will do you have the lead, you build a strategy and counter-attack. If someone is running during a 2v2, two of you can manage to get 1 guy and alternate hits so he/she cannot avoid it. Free win and you end the "fun" for idiots like that.

You quitters are just weak people.

When I duel someone who aren't fun to play against I tell them. If they refuse to really play the game I beat the **** out of them 1~2 times and leave the lobby. Most of them when face me again do not repeat the gameplay and the fight become fun indeed.
Last time I did that was against a Warlord. I was doing a lot of moves and mixups and for 2 matches he just repeated himself in an anti-game way. I said it. He said I was bad and was complaining because I lose. Ok. Next match I countered everything he did. 3-0. "As I said, play against you isn't fun". He left without say a word.

We cannot control what other players do, the way they want to play. You can negotiate if disagree, or beat them on their game since you already know it and they don't know yours. What I see here is a lot of players who want set the difficult to "easy" and be the most admirable player of For Honor without dig in and properly learn. Damn, as a Berserker I lost most of my duels until understand the hero and how to adapt myself against different opponents. Play Berserker is hard! I didn't came here to say "mimimi Berserker is weak" or etc. I practiced even more by myself, without copy anyone, without waste my time watching other people play and complain (I hate this). I read a lot players say I'm the best Berserker they faced, and I deserve that without ever quit a match! Learning from my own mistakes. Why is so hard for players face challenges?! What generation we have!

When I started to play games, that was the way to do things: you practice, you learn, you improve. Now we just have a lot of whinners.

Ubisoft need to end that quit common behavior For Honor has. If someone did something during your match which shouldn't be doing, report after, that's how you help the game get better.

Danioku
04-05-2017, 06:38 PM

Quitting a game where all of your team has grey gear and the whole enemy team is 108, can't be called ragequit.

I call it crap MatchMaking code, so i dont blame neither do i fell pissed if someone leaves. It's not player fault, it's just bad coding still not fixed after 2 months.

Honestly some games have literally no meaning to be played, unless you like to be destroyed over and over again without any chance to do anything other than be completely annihilated.

And this is just a case. Joining a losing 700 - 50 game it's another case where you can't be punished for quit.

So, Ubisoft should fix their game, MM and stuff before trying to think to punish players......

http://i.imgur.com/l9AEkgD.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/kuymMk4.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/RuEwNVQ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Ace8W26.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/xxpqCF0.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/OXbm9ji.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/rFLZCrg.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/uFmBEy4.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ybCyHeM.jpg

Supercool5150
04-05-2017, 06:48 PM
What's unfair about that? JK...I think it happens to all of us sooner or later.

Prophit618
04-05-2017, 06:52 PM
You can call it whatever you want, but overall game stability is more important than matchmaking in general.

While matchmaking absolutely needs to be addressed, quitting the match, no matter how you define it, runs the risk of crashing people's games, and a much greater risk of ruining the rest of the players' (who didn't decide to quit) games.

On a side note, finishing those unwinnable matches you get thrown into and playing through the beatdowns of severe mismatchmaking will more quickly get you into a position where matchmaking won't be able to screw you so badly. And when things are that lopsided, it doesn't take much more time than quitting and requeueing.

As a further note, playing at incredibly bad odds is also how you learn to get better faster. Skill beats Gear, Gear just raises how much skill you need. It does create an imbalance, but think of it like training in high gravity. It's intense and devastating, but when you come back out and fight in normal gravity, suddenly you're a god.

The_B0G_
04-05-2017, 07:49 PM
I know the match making is not working correctly and your friend might get kicked then he can wait out his 5-10 min ban as you finish the game you might have to wait 2 mins before you can all group up again....

Just using the excuse's above as a idea that you should not be punished is a bit of a joke. Most to all games I played last night people started to leave when they knew they where going to lose nothing to do with d/c's or matchmaking or anything 108 gs vs 108 gs or what ever your team your against again last night we where beating a full 108 gs team and they quit when the score was 1000-800 and their quitting making the instance crash out and nobody gets rewards,

Why because they want a good win/loss ratio in public play? Its very very frustrating the only good game I have had in the past 3 days was with my friends 4 vs another group of high gs team and I guess the only reason they didn't quit is because we lost like 1100-900 or something was a great game and when with my friends its actually fun as I know my team wont quit and the only real issue is that people just quit.

The above is nothing to do with matchmaking or gs issues or any other **** its to do with because they want a good win/loss ratio in public play? or something I cant understand there simply needs to be a small penalty, so what if your friend gets kicked probably because a player somewhere decided to leave and screw up the P2P wait or play and then wait 2-5 mins and then play again.

2 complete 4v4 player match in 3 days now.... I know the p2p is **** and there is load of issues with match making but this is not the reason I've only had 2 full matches in 3 days of game play apx 14 hours...

So a player in your group gets kicked in the first 30 seconds of the game (which is usually when it happens) and I play an entire game without him which is 10 mins rather than just quit and get into another? This line of thinking is ridiculous, if I get on a game to play with my friends and one of them gets DC'd because the bad server setup then I'm not going to make them wait 10 minutes I'm going to quit right away, you can't punish player for a problem of the developers making. Not everyone can play 14 hours of For Honor in 3 days, most of my friends get on for an hour or two every couple of days, so we aren't going to be waiting around for matches to end to play together again.

If it does punish that, we'll probably just play something else rather than wait, punishing players like that won't work, it'll just drive the player base away.

Prophit618
04-05-2017, 08:12 PM
So a player in your group gets kicked in the first 30 seconds of the game (which is usually when it happens) and I play an entire game without him which is 10 mins rather than just quit and get into another? This line of thinking is ridiculous, if I get on a game to play with my friends and one of them gets DC'd because the bad server setup then I'm not going to make them wait 10 minutes I'm going to quit right away, you can't punish player for a problem of the developers making. Not everyone can play 14 hours of For Honor in 3 days, most of my friends get on for an hour or two every couple of days, so we aren't going to be waiting around for matches to end to play together again.

If it does punish that, we'll probably just play something else rather than wait, punishing players like that won't work, it'll just drive the player base away.

This is by far the best argument against penalizing leaving, but I still think the good outweighs the bad with a penalty invoked. An easy enough solution would be to drop all members of a group is one drops. I mean, fixing the drop issues period would be good, but from my perspective they're pretty well fixed. I play in groups all the time, and none of us have gotten dropped without the whole game crashing from a rage-quitter in the past 3 weeks.

suboptiml
04-05-2017, 08:14 PM
What stupid reasons for quit. In fact this just show how weak you are. You don't want to work for a win. But you aren't the ball owner here.

If you know already what someone will do you have the lead, you build a strategy and counter-attack. If someone is running during a 2v2, two of you can manage to get 1 guy and alternate hits so he/she cannot avoid it. Free win and you end the "fun" for idiots like that.

You quitters are just weak people.

When I duel someone who aren't fun to play against I tell them. If they refuse to really play the game I beat the **** out of them 1~2 times and leave the lobby. Most of them when face me again do not repeat the gameplay and the fight become fun indeed.
Last time I did that was against a Warlord. I was doing a lot of moves and mixups and for 2 matches he just repeated himself in an anti-game way. I said it. He said I was bad and was complaining because I lose. Ok. Next match I countered everything he did. 3-0. "As I said, play against you isn't fun". He left without say a word.

We cannot control what other players do, the way they want to play. You can negotiate if disagree, or beat them on their game since you already know it and they don't know yours. What I see here is a lot of players who want set the difficult to "easy" and be the most admirable player of For Honor without dig in and properly learn. Damn, as a Berserker I lost most of my duels until understand the hero and how to adapt myself against different opponents. Play Berserker is hard! I didn't came here to say "mimimi Berserker is weak" or etc. I practiced even more by myself, without copy anyone, without waste my time watching other people play and complain (I hate this). I read a lot players say I'm the best Berserker they faced, and I deserve that without ever quit a match! Learning from my own mistakes. Why is so hard for players face challenges?! What generation we have!

When I started to play games, that was the way to do things: you practice, you learn, you improve. Now we just have a lot of whinners.

Ubisoft need to end that quit common behavior For Honor has. If someone did something during your match which shouldn't be doing, report after, that's how you help the game get better.

You're badly missing the point.

These aren't players who want to fight. It's two classes with the cheesiest of bash/throws running away from a fight and positioning themarlves to toss me (as a Zerk myself) off a narrow ledge.

The other a group of kids grab-assing with no intention of fighting. In fact, actively running away from a fight. I don't care if they are. They're having fun. More power to them. Just don't expect me to wait out the match timer because they are ducking around.

I do control the ball. And the ball is what game I play with my time. And if For Honor penalizes me for not chasing players around the ma who have no intention of fighting, or for not playing crash test dummy for a Warlord/Conq team also running away to ledge off narrow paths with cheesy, poorly designed abilities/maps then it ain't the game for me. That's the ball.

People who drop out when losing are good for a laugh. But your rage about it is lost on me. When someone drops out on losing you know you beat them. And they know it. Who gives a **** if they rage quit. They just look saltier than ever.

But what is not acceptable is punishing players looking for fights who quit out of situations against players who refuse to fight.

I want fights. Those players don't. I've got zero interest in wasting my time chasing them around the map. And if the penalization system can't account for such situations and hits me for them refusing to fight, I'll find other games to spend my time in.

rossato2109
04-05-2017, 08:45 PM
No, they did harsher penalties in halo 5 and it cost the game half the playerbase (or more). Just fix the game so people don't drop when someone leaves. You will get an easy win versus bots and the one annoyed will leave without rewards.

Also, there is people that wait a whole day to play with their friends and have very limited time. So when 1 or 2 of your friends d/ces you can't leave the match to play with them and are forced to waste your precious little time? No thanks.

Specialkha
04-05-2017, 09:21 PM
This is by far the best argument against penalizing leaving, but I still think the good outweighs the bad with a penalty invoked. An easy enough solution would be to drop all members of a group is one drops. I mean, fixing the drop issues period would be good, but from my perspective they're pretty well fixed. I play in groups all the time, and none of us have gotten dropped without the whole game crashing from a rage-quitter in the past 3 weeks.

If it did not happen to you, it does not mean it does not happen at all.

As a matter of fact, I usually play with one other player, and it happens aon a regular basis, one of us is DC or can't join the game. What should we do then? Wait for the other to finish to finally be able to play together?

AKDagriZ
04-05-2017, 10:36 PM
First off the fact I decided to get up off playing the game on xbox one to type this out on my laptop says enough about how infuriating this is...

There needs to be a penalty for people that leave like a 10 min ban from PvP games or something. I've had 4 skirmish matches in a row where my team just leaves doesn't even try to fight. Example ( I'm 108 gs and rest my team is low 2 in white gs one in blue gs enemy team is 3 blue 1 purple and before I even run in the 2 whites leave and then the blue obviously go's well I'll leave and leaves my with a bot team. This situation has happened now 4 matches in a row and if anything kills the game.

I know the match making system is not working correctly at the moment but the fact white gs or blue gs guys don't even try its disgusting, gaming these days were player just want easy fights or they leave, get killed once they leave wtf is wrong with people.

Thinking to myself ah it will be ok when they introduce ranked and a leave peno but No, No it wont because your still going to have the issue in normal play.

Please o Please introduce a small leave penalty for such cowardly play.

2 Hours!!! of game play and I had one match that was truly PVP 4v4 SORT THIS CRAP OUT!

I really hope you read these threads Ubisoft because allowing this sort of rage quitting, looking for easy matches is killing the game even more!!!

I also feel that introducing a 10 min game ban for just leaving would sort a lot of these issues out, along with sorting the match making out. Go have a look at the game "Overwatch" by Blizzard or even "Rocket League" it really help this kind of baby muddling ****.

i would like to add my 2 cent on matchmaking not working.I don't want to disrespect any one here but .If you go in a gears mod without gears it is actually your bad if you get destroyed.PERIOD.You should earn your class fighting bot or go play duel and brawl.Accomplish easy order earn xP.Even if you meet high prestige in duel or brawl you still have good chance to beat them or learn from them

I see people everyday complaining about matchmaking in deathmatch and dominion.To a certain point there is only so much developpers can do.with a champion status 8-10 hours of play you should be prestige 2 half way to prestige 3 and have blue gears.

The_B0G_
04-05-2017, 11:17 PM
i would like to add my 2 cent on matchmaking not working.I don't want to disrespect any one here but .If you go in a gears mod without gears it is actually your bad if you get destroyed.PERIOD.You should earn your class fighting bot or go play duel and brawl.Accomplish easy order earn xP.Even if you meet high prestige in duel or brawl you still have good chance to beat them or learn from them

I see people everyday complaining about matchmaking in deathmatch and dominion.To a certain point there is only so much developpers can do.with a champion status 8-10 hours of play you should be prestige 2 half way to prestige 3 and have blue gears.

They could of thought ahead and made matchmaking so you pick your hero before matchmaking begins... problem solved.

Bob__Gnarly
04-05-2017, 11:43 PM
Quitting a game where all of your team has grey gear and the whole enemy team is 108, can't be called ragequit.

I call it crap MatchMaking code, so i dont blame neither do i fell pissed if someone leaves. It's not player fault, it's just bad coding still not fixed after 2 months.

Honestly some games have literally no meaning to be played, unless you like to be destroyed over and over again without any chance to do anything other than be completely annihilated.

And this is just a case. Joining a losing 700 - 50 game it's another case where you can't be punished for quit.

So, Ubisoft should fix their game, MM and stuff before trying to think to punish players......

Yes Ubi needs to fix matchmaking, I think we all agree with that, even Ubi does.

But if that situation happens to me when I'm playing a low level alt, I'll still complete the game, because I don't run from challenge, I quite enjoy being challenged. This is what helps make you a better player. But I guess not everyone is like me.

UbiNoty
04-06-2017, 12:22 AM
A couple of things I'd like to address that will hopefully help with the conversation. While we do realize that things like matchmaking, connectivity, and overall match stability are major issues, these are things that we are working to fix on our end - but ultimately, they do not excuse rage-quitting.

Improving game stability is our biggest focus right now, but rage-quitters have a very large, very negative impact on the stability of a match for all the other players in that game - when a player abruptly drops out it leads to disconnects, crashing errors, and that re-synchonizing pause we're all familiar with (don't you just love it when that happens ;p).

Also, yes we can tell the difference between a disconnect and an Alt-F4.
And our answer to rage-quitters is currently being tested right now by the devs and hopefully it's ready for release soon.

So hopefully if the thought crosses your mind next time, you'll take a minute to think about it and instead choose to finish out the next 15 minutes or so - you might even end up seeing that victory screen. :D

Vingrask
04-06-2017, 12:31 AM
They could of thought ahead and made matchmaking so you pick your hero before matchmaking begins... problem solved.

For me, you all crying about gear matchmaking is just it: a cry.

Let me quote myself from a post about it to say how bad a matchmaking based on gear would be:

The way it is today is ok, the problem is revenge, what they will fix.

You cannot match a new player against someone who already know timings and mechanics. Gear isn't even near to be an excuse for that. I only play duels. There is no gear there. Damn how I feel bad when I face a new player! Even a prestige 1~2. Now when I face another veteran which is just using an alt, prestige 0, they are hard opponents because they understand timing and stuff.

Ubisoft just need make the stats which offer unbalance do it less. Or the stats evolve with the levels during the match based on gear.

The way I see you 4v4 players is like you are all a bunch of button spammers, not thinkers. Yes, revenge can be annoying but the few times I play a 4v4 modes just prove it. Most of 108 geared players don't even know how to duel properly, it is so easy win my turn and go help somebody. Based on that I see all that cry about gear come from bad players mostly. The same bad player who quit and never learn anything. Or they never face me after the first round and just run waiting for help, what is a valid tactic for a 4v4, but prove my point even more.

For example, I was the only high rep of my team against a full 108 enemy team. Ended I beat all of them here and there. Of course I lost the match, because they was reviving endlessly, what just helped me finish the match with most points that everybody. The guys on my team was cheering and nobody left that time. I think they learned something watching me play. Was fun. Even the enemy team liked the fight.
Another time was 2 very high rep Lawbringers against same situation where I was the only 108 of my team. I beat the Orochi, the other Berserker and one Lawbringer alone, but god dammit how annoying was fight 2 Lawbringers. I almost killed one in 1v2. Almost. They were cheap but who care? There was a challenge I had to beat, something which demand everything I learned to overpass. I didn't hahaha, but I learned a lot. And I rematch! (even complaining about how cheap they was)

Now you all just care about win win win or quit. Whiners.
If the gear is so bad at the moment, why not play 2v2? Or duel, where you can really learn how to play.

Ubisoft need to pay attention on the two public For Honor has. 4v4 sounds like a completely different game, not just another mode.

Casper5632
04-06-2017, 01:18 AM
The main problem I have run into is that any game that makes it to "All Skill Levels" almost exclusively is one sided. Nobody enjoys a one sided match and would rather just ALT+F4 than wait it out. Even when the servers are showing very high load it almost always makes its way to all skill levels, leaving most of the matches I play more than a good bit one sided.

There is also other leavers to consider, and that will never really go away. Sure if one player leaves a match he will be penalized in this scenario, but if 3 of the enemy team disconnected I am not gonna stick around to play vs bots. I don't play PvP to farm experience and steel, I play PvP to get a fair fight... and to farm experience and steel.

UPDATE:
For example literally the match after making this post. After 3 minutes of fighting in a constant 1v2 with enemy in dominion I realized I was 4/5/3, and nobody else on my team had even been able to capture a single point. My score was in the 300s and nobody else on my team had managed to break 100 yet. Matchmaking waited until it hit All Skill Levels, and then dropped me in a match expecting me to carry the thing.

The next match it dropped me into was in progress 20-500 and I instantly quit. I have no interest in fighting against the odds. I am playing this game for fair fights, and I literally am getting my head slammed against a wall by matchmaking expecting me to carry most of my games.

Match after that literally just dropped a bot on our team. Matchmaking put a bot on my team instead of waiting for an 8th player.

Literally every 3 reasons someone would rage quit a multiplayer game and they happened all in a row to me because of "All Skill Levels"

The_B0G_
04-06-2017, 01:30 AM
For me, you all crying about gear matchmaking is just it: a cry.

Let me quote myself from a post about it to say how bad a matchmaking based on gear would be:

The way I see you 4v4 players is like you are all a bunch of button spammers, not thinkers. Yes, revenge can be annoying but the few times I play a 4v4 modes just prove it. Most of 108 geared players don't even know how to duel properly, it is so easy win my turn and go help somebody. Based on that I see all that cry about gear come from bad players mostly. The same bad player who quit and never learn anything. Or they never face me after the first round and just run waiting for help, what is a valid tactic for a 4v4, but prove my point even more.

For example, I was the only high rep of my team against a full 108 enemy team. Ended I beat all of them here and there. Of course I lost the match, because they was reviving endlessly, what just helped me finish the match with most points that everybody. The guys on my team was cheering and nobody left that time. I think they learned something watching me play. Was fun. Even the enemy team liked the fight.
Another time was 2 very high rep Lawbringers against same situation where I was the only 108 of my team. I beat the Orochi, the other Berserker and one Lawbringer alone, but god dammit how annoying was fight 2 Lawbringers. I almost killed one in 1v2. Almost. They were cheap but who care? There was a challenge I had to beat, something which demand everything I learned to overpass. I didn't hahaha, but I learned a lot. And I rematch! (even complaining about how cheap they was)

Now you all just care about win win win or quit. Whiners.
If the gear is so bad at the moment, why not play 2v2? Or duel, where you can really learn how to play.

Ubisoft need to pay attention on the two public For Honor has. 4v4 sounds like a completely different game, not just another mode.

I'm not crying, I'm stating my opinion, but go ahead, be obnoxious and troll. Gear matchmaking would only be part of the matchmaking, they would have to take into consideration the skill level of players, K/D and win ratio as well. Basing matchmaking solely on Rep levels has no bearing on fair play either, just because someone plays a lot does no mean they are good.

As far as playing 2v2 or duels to level up gear... some people like myself find those modes extremely boring, I like the chaos of 4v4 modes.

The_B0G_
04-06-2017, 01:38 AM
A couple of things I'd like to address that will hopefully help with the conversation. While we do realize that things like matchmaking, connectivity, and overall match stability are major issues, these are things that we are working to fix on our end - but ultimately, they do not excuse rage-quitting.

Improving game stability is our biggest focus right now, but rage-quitters have a very large, very negative impact on the stability of a match for all the other players in that game - when a player abruptly drops out it leads to disconnects, crashing errors, and that re-synchonizing pause we're all familiar with (don't you just love it when that happens ;p).

And our answer to rage-quitters is currently being tested right now by the devs and hopefully it's ready for release soon.

So hopefully if the thought crosses your mind next time, you'll take a minute to think about it and instead choose to finish out the next 15 minutes or so - you might even end up seeing that victory screen. :D

15 minute suspensions on getting into a new match if you have to quit one? I think it's more likely people will just turn the game off for a while and play something else. I brought up party members getting DC'd from matches as soon as they start in at least 5 different posts and still have got no feedback from Ubi on it. It happens pretty often when I play with my friends too, so it's not just something that happens once a week, it happens pretty much every day we play together at least once.

So basically what you are saying is tough luck if you get dc'd, you're still going to get punished if you leave to play with the people you joined a party with... or wait for your 15 min ban to go up. I highly doubt I'm the only one, this will drive people away from playing the game. Fix your server stability before you put quitting penalties into the game, please.

Casper5632
04-06-2017, 01:53 AM
And obviously there is actually no way to tell if its a legit crash or DC, or intentional if they actually wanted to hide it. If devs could keep track of that kind of stuff the systems would be implemented in multiple games, and with the game as unstable as it is now it would lead to an ocean of people quitting the game when they were randomly booted out of a match and forced to wait 15 minutes to queue back up.

And its literally been all night with these matches. One sided win, 2 one sided losses in a row, ally instantly leaves and so do I. I havent had a match I would consider a fair fight in literally 2 hours of play.

Lost a match that wasnt too one sided finally, signed up for a rematch and it decided my team was the one that deserved to compensate for the lost player and gave us the bot. It was a bot, level 1 1 and 5 vs a 7, 4, 7, and 9. Im 100% not staying when I start a match with a bot instead of pulling another player from the 8000 that are currently online.

Match after that I finally won a match that wasnt too one sided, like 1000-700, except that someone quit after they broke instead of waiting 20 seconds for the other players to die and revoked the match completion reward for everyone else just to spite us.

Match after that we are getting slaughered and I wonder why we are losing so badly. Turns out 2 of our players were fighting one of their players at our spawn regularly. I was outnumbered everywhere I went because I was literally outnumbered. I left the instant I realized this. I mean come on its not like they were going to be chased by the shu

Two people on the enemy team left mostly through one of the matches, but I cant blame them because it was 200-700 by the time they left. I just stayed around because it was too far into the match and I never even ran into another enemy for the rest of the match just boosting a point.

This game is filled with unbalanced matches, easily exploitable combat tricks, and if you rage hard enough you can wait until the last second to quit in hopes that it crashes the entire match. Leaving at the start, or maybe in the middleish is one thing, but quitting as you break is pretty disrespectful. I am just updating it to keep a log of all the insane matches that I felt justified in leaving or potentially leaving, and they literally all happened in the span of 3 hours.

Nxtgen_Soco
04-06-2017, 09:45 AM

Really glad you've explained in dept a bit more and really happy you guys can see this is a big issue within the game as in order for the p2p to work in a stable environment you need to ensure players stay in the fight. there you have it guys as I have tried to say over and over "RAGE QUITTING is cause others to get kicked and ruining the game so wise up and just play if you care about k/d or win/loss ratio wait for ranked match to come.

Casper5632
04-07-2017, 03:29 AM
Did today's brawl matches with a friend. 0-3 for 3 matches in a row because it exclusively jumped to All Skill Levels. If I was not with a friend I would have started quitting those matches too. Orders are important, but I dont feel the need to die 9 times in a row just because the game refuses to wait another 20 seconds to give me properly skilled players.

SendRickPics
04-07-2017, 03:38 AM

Bullsh!t, No single individual player is obligated to play this game under conditions that they do not find to be fun. They aren't obligated to be punching bags for other players.

Let people rage quit, and those that induce rage quitting as a response maybe will rethink their approach to the game.

But punishing people will only ensure that you alienate more players and more people from a title that they paid good money for. I paid $100 for the title, and for the benefits that came from the gold edition, but with that also came access to the multiplayer, and whether or not you THINK you have legal right to deny people access to what they paid for, the truth is that you do not.

Me: I love seeing cry threads like this, because in many cases, the only punishment you can inflict on some people is to quit from the game and give them a bot to fight, or no fight at all. Force them back into matchmaking. It's the last and most desperate attempt to communicate that the conditions under which the game that was quit from were not fair to both individuals involved.

RatedChaotic
04-07-2017, 03:46 AM
Bullsh!t, No single individual player is obligated to play this game under conditions that they do not find to be fun. They aren't obligated to be punching bags for other players.

Let people rage quit, and those that induce rage quitting as a response maybe will rethink their approach to the game.

But punishing people will only ensure that you alienate more players and more people from a title that they paid good money for. I paid $100 for the title, and for the benefits that came from the gold edition, but with that also came access to the multiplayer, and whether or not you THINK you have legal right to deny people access to what they paid for, the truth is that you do not.

Me: I love seeing cry threads like this, because in many cases, the only punishment you can inflict on some people is to quit from the game and give them a bot to fight, or no fight at all. Force them back into matchmaking. It's the last and most desperate attempt to communicate that the conditions under which the game that was quit from were not fair to both individuals involved.

Funniest thing I've seen yet. While talking about an online fighting game. lmao

Casper5632
04-07-2017, 03:47 AM
All 6 matches I played today were just outrageously one sided, and last night I had to leave half of the matches I was in because they matched me against the same people, or I had a bot on my team at the start of the match, leaving me to only actually stand a chance in about 1/6th of the matches I played total. Those odds are INSANE and this matchmaking needs fixed.

Why the F**K does it go to All Skill Levels after like 10 seconds of waiting? In the BETA they said that was gonna be 30 seconds, and I CANNOT find a fair ******* match for every 5 hours of play time.

Did today's brawl matches with a friend. 0-3 for 3 matches in a row because it exclusively jumped to All Skill Levels. If I was not with a friend I would have started quitting those matches too. Orders are important, but I dont feel the need to die 9 times in a row just because the game refuses to wait another 20 seconds to give me properly skilled players.

After this string of matches I brought my friend into dominion instead. The first match we got was a group of exclusive 5+ Prestige players with all 108 gear, and my team was exclusively 4 or under prestige players with all under ilvl 100 gear. The match after that was the same ilvls and prestige standards with a new batch of players. I swear to god I havent been so frustrated in a game since trying to play dragon age inquisition at launch. 100% of my ******* matches are just grab the first 8 people who decide they want to play dominion, and the teams will be yellow vs purple & white for ilvl colors.

Hillbill79
04-07-2017, 11:19 AM
Players are selected before any characters are chosen. Not possible to match make a reliably a better outcome until that changes,

All 6 matches I played today were just outrageously one sided, and last night I had to leave half of the matches I was in because they matched me against the same people, or I had a bot on my team at the start of the match, leaving me to only actually stand a chance in about 1/6th of the matches I played total. Those odds are INSANE and this matchmaking needs fixed.

Why the F**K does it go to All Skill Levels after like 10 seconds of waiting? In the BETA they said that was gonna be 30 seconds, and I CANNOT find a fair ******* match for every 5 hours of play time.

After this string of matches I brought my friend into dominion instead. The first match we got was a group of exclusive 5+ Prestige players with all 108 gear, and my team was exclusively 4 or under prestige players with all under ilvl 100 gear. The match after that was the same ilvls and prestige standards with a new batch of players. I swear to god I havent been so frustrated in a game since trying to play dragon age inquisition at launch. 100% of my ******* matches are just grab the first 8 people who decide they want to play dominion, and the teams will be yellow vs purple & white for ilvl colors.

Nxtgen_Soco
04-07-2017, 11:53 AM
Just to add they said they will be fixing this so I don't really see the reason to keep bringing up match making issue, play while the issue is there or don't play don't screw the game over for others.

As for Rhodri331 Thanks for the laugh ! :D

Oo_zayron_oO
04-07-2017, 09:11 PM
It's really easy. Just copy a free to play game. If you quit, 30min ban. If you quit after these 30min -> 60min -> 120..... If you crash, when relog, you will put in the same match (if not ended). And for those who afk, just record a video and report him.

Varakharne
04-07-2017, 09:39 PM
This thread just reinforces my desire to only play against bots. Some of you are not mentally fit for the public.

secrecy274
04-07-2017, 09:59 PM
So yeah, today I've fought around six Duels and during these:
Four of my opponents quit during or after the execution on the last round.
One opponent quit just before the he would lose during the fourth round (2v1 to me).
One... one opponent actually accepted his loss.

16% of all my matches today did count as a win for me. Great. And these guy/girl goes away unpunished.

End_My_Life12
04-07-2017, 11:26 PM

Do you have any plans to address people going into 4v4 modes and refusing to play as a team and only try dueling? Because I have absolutely no intention of staying in a game of elimination where my teammate refuses to help others, revive people, or ledge while the enemy team is ganking us.

My idea of fun is not staying in a game where a teammate is actively hurting the team because they feel like playing by special rules. So please tell me this is something the devs are aware of and are trying to find a solution to. Because as long as people refuse to actually work as a team, I'm not going to stay on a team with them

Bob__Gnarly
04-08-2017, 12:38 AM
It's really easy. Just copy a free to play game. If you quit, 30min ban. If you quit after these 30min -> 60min -> 120..... If you crash, when relog, you will put in the same match (if not ended). And for those who afk, just record a video and report him.

Sounds good to me.