PDA

View Full Version : Need help in ACIV: Black Flag Nothing is True

socalgamer66
04-01-2017, 08:47 PM
So I am stuck on this horrible stupid instant fail stealth mission called Nothing is True in AC4

No matter what I do, I get discovered half way thru the mission even when I choke folks out. I am stuck at the section before the temple where there are like 3 female assassins and 1 dude and the wall you climb to the left. I get discovered after I run for it.

Was loving the game until this part. Sad wish Ubisoft would get rid of the stupid instant fail mandatory stealth missions as they ruined the game for me. Oh hell maybe just do the ship battles and upgrade my ship. Any ideas how to pass this ****ty level?

LoyalACFan
04-01-2017, 11:38 PM
Could you maybe post a screenshot of the part you're stuck on? I can't quite pin down what you need help with.

In the meantime, here's a walkthrough that might hopefully help you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNFRUuqT430

socalgamer66
04-02-2017, 12:25 AM
I am stuck at the point around 4:42 of the video with the mass line up of assassins lined up at bottom of temple! No matter what I do, the one guy never leaves on the left and even if I manage to choke out 1-2 of the idiot female assassin chicks, I get caught. God hate this game because of stupid instant fail no seen missions. Ubisoft screwed up the game. They really should give options like other games have.

LoyalACFan
04-02-2017, 12:36 AM
Don't bother choking out any of them at that point, just cut up to the left immediately and hide in the greenery that the player in the video trips over at 4:55. If one of the assassins sees you and moves to investigate, just wait for them in the greenery and choke them out while still blended. Hope that helps.

socalgamer66
04-03-2017, 04:01 AM
Thanks guys,

Unfortunately my PS3 cratered last night during a system software update and I lost all saved game data! Fortunately, I had a warranty on it still and just got a new replacement. So will have to restart from scratch. Bummer since I had upgraded my ship pretty well and was 2 shotting brigs with ram and massive firepower.

I will come back to AC4 after I finish AC1 since I wanted to try the first game in the series.

BananaBlighter
04-03-2017, 12:20 PM
First time I did this mission I did not even notice that you could climb that wall. With some carefully placed whistles and revealing myself temporarily to attract specific enemies, I wiped out the three at the beginning. Then with precisely calculated timing I swam across the lake, making sure that neither the sniper or the crocodile caught me. It took many tries and at one point I gave up and spent time in the open world until I had fully upgraded the Jackdaw. Then I came back to this mission.

AC4 was my first AC so that was back in the day when I was a noob to stealth. When I replayed it on the PS4 I had no issues and breezed through the level without much effort. The walkthrough shows you the better way of doing it, though you need not run like that. Dash to the bush next to the wall, and if you attract the attention of one of the assassins, choke them out. Then move on. That is clearly the route the devs intended you to take.

socalgamer66
04-03-2017, 09:30 PM
Personally find the instant fail no detect stealth missions the worst and most difficult part of AC games. Eavesdrop missions suck bad as well.

rintaro82
05-30-2017, 02:20 AM
The worst part for me is that just through the trees. I've tried it about 20 times, after attempting to get to is about 40 times. Edward simply will not grab those left side branches to swing across the last section to the ledge. Extremely annoying. Worst mission EVER!