PDA

View Full Version : Well It was fun

Hormly
04-01-2017, 08:30 PM
I certainly got my moneys worth with this game and had a great time, but Im reaching the point now where it seems the only strategies i come up against are the cheese/exploity type, and thats just no fun.

So im hanging it up for now, Ill continue to follow the game and will be back if improvements ever start rolling in.

no regrets, wishing the best

Gray360UK
04-01-2017, 09:12 PM
Now this is the kind of goodbye I can respect. :)

CandleInTheDark
04-01-2017, 09:23 PM
I came in preparing to be sassy. Respect to you good sir.

Fuqbois
04-01-2017, 09:40 PM
If one of the reasons is Revenge, you can stick for a bit longer, changes coming.

AKDagriZ
04-01-2017, 09:41 PM
i came to the same conclusions sometime but this game is so addictive i can't stop.So i keep playing either way :)

Hormly
04-01-2017, 09:51 PM
I have over 100+ hours so i certainly dont feel cheated :P and yeah im aware changes are starting to roll in and thats great, im pretty confident they're gonna rope me back in eventually.

For the sake of being constructive ill list my issues in order of importance!

1) Server stability - I hesitate to even mention this since EVERYONE is fully aware of what a problem this is :P

2) Class balance/exploits - Seems the higher skill level you play at the more 'cheesy' things get, like all the fighting engines exploitable flaws boil to the surface. Oddly enough this is a game that gets LESS enjoyable the more the player base understands how to play it!

3) Content - They've promised new content in the form of gear, levels etc.... when season 2 comes around. we're only half way through season 1 now, that is FAR too long to be waiting when you consider that this game is pretty bare bones as is.

4) I cant select a 'fro beard' for my black viking, thats racist! (jokes)

Fuqbois
04-01-2017, 09:55 PM
Yeah one major problem for me too is content, seasons take too long.

XImohtephXX
04-01-2017, 09:57 PM
I certainly got my moneys worth with this game and had a great time, but Im reaching the point now where it seems the only strategies i come up against are the cheese/exploity type, and thats just no fun.

So im hanging it up for now, Ill continue to follow the game and will be back if improvements ever start rolling in.

no regrets, wishing the best

This is completely understandable and reasonable. In fact Im sure it is something many people who love this game have thought about at least once. We look forward to seeing you on the battlefield in the future.

Gray360UK
04-01-2017, 10:21 PM
4) I cant select a 'fro beard' for my black viking, thats racist! (jokes)

Wait what? You can't??

Damn ... I'm quitting too! ;)

UbiNoty
04-01-2017, 11:44 PM
4) I cant select a 'fro beard'

4. More hair and fashion options are a top priority for us. History shows that Knights, Vikings and Samurai valued appearances and fashion statements extremely highly.

On a more serious note.
1.Connection health and game stability is our actual number one priority right now - letter from the producer (http://ubi.li/s8b9q).
2.We want to hear your feedback on what you consider to be cheesy and unbalanced in terms of heroes and mechanics! We do listen to everything you all have to say and the communities thoughts and opinions on these do play a role in our balancing process.
3. New content release may feel a bit slow now as we deal with more pressing issues but we do have a lot of stuff planned and I expect it will start releasing faster as soon as things stabilize.

Click here to rate my post! (http://ubi.li/5q8wr)

Gray360UK
04-01-2017, 11:52 PM
4. More hair and fashion options are a top priority for us. History shows that Knights, Vikings and Samurai valued appearances and fashion statements extremely highly.

You should have stopped there and said Afro Beards are coming in the next patch. Would have been an excellent April Fools ;)

CandleInTheDark
04-01-2017, 11:56 PM

On a more serious note.
1.Connection health and game stability is our actual number one priority right now - letter from the producer (http://ubi.li/s8b9q).
2.We want to hear your feedback on what you consider to be cheesy and unbalanced in terms of heroes and mechanics! We do listen to everything you all have to say and the communities thoughts and opinions on these do play a role in our balancing process.
3. New content release may feel a bit slow now as we deal with more pressing issues but we do have a lot of stuff planned and I expect it will start releasing faster as soon as things stabilize.

In terms of cheesy, some of us were concerned that the peacekeeper changes will push users more towards spamming light attacks which is why people dislike her to begin with. I know the developers said they were taking things slowly and might look at the light chain down the line but is there any way of nerfing the ability to spam? I know they are sold on the speed of the peacekeeper and that is the niche she fills, but in terms of damage and mixups perhaps. Speaking as a peacekeeper main here, is it kind of bad I want my main nerfed?

UbiNoty
04-02-2017, 12:17 AM
In terms of cheesy, some of us were concerned that the peacekeeper changes will push users more towards spamming light attacks which is why people dislike her to begin with. I know the developers said they were taking things slowly and might look at the light chain down the line but is there any way of nerfing the ability to spam? I know they are sold on the speed of the peacekeeper and that is the niche she fills, but in terms of damage and mixups perhaps. Speaking as a peacekeeper main here, is it kind of bad I want my main nerfed?

I believe it was touched upon briefly in the live stream discussion, but when we make balance changes we look at where the damage is coming from and how certain moves/attacks are being used to create an unbalanced environment. We chose to not touch the light attack for the upcoming balance patch because her fast assassin playstyle is part of what makes up her kit, and we also didn't want to nerf her into the ground. We'll continue to monitor PK and keep an eye on her light attacks - and you still may see changes to her light attack spam in a future balance patch.

Hormly
04-02-2017, 02:27 AM

On a more serious note.

Well, didn't see this coming :O

Gray360UK
04-02-2017, 02:36 AM
I believe it was touched upon briefly in the live stream discussion, but when we make balance changes we look at where the damage is coming from

The problem is, you nerfed all of the viable alternatives to Light Attack spam, when Light Attack spam is the one thing people hate most. I think that is universally accepted. it is the given reason that she was banned from the MLG Tournament. It is what features the most in the many many montage videos out there of what is wrong with the Peacekeeper.

Looking at where the damage comes from isn't going to identify this. If I hit an opponent with 3 Sidestep attacks because I am good, and that does 70% of the damage, but then I finish them with 3-4 Light attacks they can do nothing about / cannot react to or counter, then that goes under your 'most damage' radar.

To my knowledge Sidestep attacks were not considered as making the Peacekeeper unbalanced by anyone, apart from people who want PKs deleted, whereas Light attack spam is agreed on by everyone, even by people who play her (mine is Rep 6). Light attack spam is pure cheese / I win mode.

At this stage however, if you nerf that as well .... what are we supposed to use, harsh language? :p

Hormly
04-02-2017, 02:53 AM
I believe it was touched upon briefly in the live stream discussion, but when we make balance changes we look at where the damage is coming from and how certain moves/attacks are being used to create an unbalanced environment. We chose to not touch the light attack for the upcoming balance patch because her fast assassin playstyle is part of what makes up her kit, and we also didn't want to nerf her into the ground. We'll continue to monitor PK and keep an eye on her light attacks - and you still may see changes to her light attack spam in a future balance patch.

another issue is revenge turning certain unblockables into knockdowns

knockdown - hit -knockdown - hit - knockdown - hit - knockdown - hit.

CandleInTheDark
04-02-2017, 03:31 AM
At this stage however, if you nerf that as well .... what are we supposed to use, harsh language? :p

We could always say Ni https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIV4poUZAQo

Gray360UK
04-02-2017, 04:43 AM
We could always say Ni https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIV4poUZAQo

New Peacekeeper emote? ;)

Robert223333
04-02-2017, 06:45 AM
The problem is, you nerfed all of the viable alternatives to Light Attack spam, when Light Attack spam is the one thing people hate most. I think that is universally accepted. it is the given reason that she was banned from the MLG Tournament. It is what features the most in the many many montage videos out there of what is wrong with the Peacekeeper.

Looking at where the damage comes from isn't going to identify this. If I hit an opponent with 3 Sidestep attacks because I am good, and that does 70% of the damage, but then I finish them with 3-4 Light attacks they can do nothing about / cannot react to or counter, then that goes under your 'most damage' radar.

To my knowledge Sidestep attacks were not considered as making the Peacekeeper unbalanced by anyone, apart from people who want PKs deleted, whereas Light attack spam is agreed on by everyone, even by people who play her (mine is Rep 6). Light attack spam is pure cheese / I win mode.

Yes! I main PK rep 10 and I want light attacks to be nerfed as well so that people don't have a reason to complain. As I said earlier I used to play with light attacks before I got to know the character and her attacks and now I mostly use deflects, parries and guardbreak stabs so a light attack nerf doesn't affect me.

Viruletic
04-02-2017, 07:14 AM

This, they basically skirted the issue and somewhat ignored the community by looking at damage data rather than what the community said.

I'm tired of every PK I fight trying to use light spam against me, while I deflect their zones and punish them with GB. I'm also tired of the light spam being the most effective way to play my class, so much so that I switched to LB. Though I occasionally bring her out when I get frustrated.

CandleInTheDark
04-02-2017, 11:15 AM
This, they basically skirted the issue and somewhat ignored the community by looking at damage data rather than what the community said.

I'm tired of every PK I fight trying to use light spam against me, while I deflect their zones and punish them with GB. I'm also tired of the light spam being the most effective way to play my class, so much so that I switched to LB. Though I occasionally bring her out when I get frustrated.

Exactly this, I stopped playing peacekeeper fora good while, but I've gotten back into it because the thing is if all of us who want to use the peacekeeper properly and see her used properly stop using her who does that leave? The people who use her in such away that she became so disliked to begin with. So while I have a warden rep 1 and might use it now and then, I'm looking to play the bleed game with the peacekeeper.

CandleInTheDark
04-02-2017, 12:21 PM
New Peacekeeper emote? ;)

We are the peacekeepers who say...NI!

MadeArtifact
04-02-2017, 12:29 PM
For the class stability I think it's fine. I was kicking rep 9 butt with a hero with rep 0. Just got to know how to use your hero.

default91
04-02-2017, 01:43 PM
3. New content release may feel a bit slow now as we deal with more pressing issues but we do have a lot of stuff planned and I expect it will start releasing faster as soon as things stabilize.]

WHAT balancing process? And as for new content slow due to more pressing issues, WHAT pressing issues have been addressed? NOTHING IS BEING DONE FOR THIS GAME.

The game still disconnects and freezes as frequently as it ever did. The game has two balance patches since release, which were bare bones each. Two of six maps were down for a MONTH, with the other map still down.

I'd like to be sarcastic and say it'll take a year at this rate just to improve on the connectivity issues, but that would be generous considering there's zero progress made in nearly two months.

And as for listening to feedback, LOL. There are hundreds of pages of forum threads that highlight what's wrong with the game. Start looking there.

AKDagriZ
04-02-2017, 02:35 PM

I really like the game almost has it is right now .

2 things are unbearable

-You should not be able to : chat , deploy assets or votemap if you didn,t ready up for the next round.Annoying how people simply quit lobby just to hit rematch and first thing you know you meet all the same player in the next matchup.WHY THE HELL DID YOU QUIT THE PREVIOUS LOBBY FOR ???

-When a player hit is revenge well its nice to knock 3 ganker at once , but its is a bit stupid when you,ve been in a good duel both of you are low energy and the guy hit is revenge while you attack him get knock off and kill on spot

Jolvark
04-02-2017, 04:18 PM

On a more serious note.

first priority should be installing servers

Specialkha
04-02-2017, 04:25 PM
Just to be clear. For a fighting game, p2p is better. If you put dedicated server, some players would have an advantage over others. P2p is the only way so everyone is equal. Just work for a better stability, some games are using p2p as well, and it is done far better.

Jolvark
04-03-2017, 05:43 AM
Just to be clear. For a fighting game, p2p is better. If you put dedicated server, some players would have an advantage over others. P2p is the only way so everyone is equal. Just work for a better stability, some games are using p2p as well, and it is done far better.

Maybe in 1v1, but in 8v8 dosnīt work, not all players have a decent pc and/or internet connection, why i should have lagg because someone have 10mb of internet in my match, increasing the inestability for all other players? if you have a bad internet connection or a bad pc itīs your problem if you buy a game that you canīt run well, not mine.

Supercool5150
04-03-2017, 06:02 PM
I too have a PK and haven't used her in about 3 weeks. Here's my question though...If UBI is looking at the data, and has determined not to nerf the light attacks, could it be because a lot of people with PK who try to do the right thing are screwing up the data? I mean if we all jumped out there and then started spamming the lights wouldn't it be noticed easier by UBI? Wouldn't UBI then have to react? Sorry if my question is confusing.

CandleInTheDark
04-03-2017, 06:05 PM
I too have a PK and haven't used her in about 3 weeks. Here's my question though...If UBI is looking at the data, and has determined not to nerf the light attacks, could it be because a lot of people with PK who try to do the right thing are screwing up the data? I mean if we all jumped out there and then started spamming the lights wouldn't it be noticed easier by UBI? Wouldn't UBI then have to react? Sorry if my question is confusing.

Possible but then I would feel dirty >>

Knight.Bishop
04-03-2017, 06:27 PM

As with all eSportsy style games, they need to be balanced around the top tier of play.

If you're just looking at a spreadsheet of where damage is coming from for PK, of course you're going to see lots of dash damage - that's what all of the new players use when they first try out PK, and they vastly outnumber people who know what they're doing.

I'm sure you guys have been watching the tournaments, the dash attacks do not make an appearance there. Light attack spam isn't feasibly counterable by most classes, especially given the range and "lunginess" of her combos. Reducing her engagement range and fixing some of the block bugs (Like this annoying bug that everyone hates: https://gfycat.com/ParallelPlushIrishwaterspaniel) will go a long way.