PDA

View Full Version : New Revenge mode question

MumfordDaHound
04-01-2017, 03:09 AM
So now that it's getting nerfed pretty hard nobody is going to complain that you can never win a 1v2 situation or 1v3-4 etc? Get ready to be ganked by roaming groups hard. You'll get very few even fights, revenge was pretty easy to deal with it really kept the gank squads at a distance.
I'll wait and see how it all plays out but ppl will get killed really fast now. I understand tweaking it some but seems like 20-30% drops on build up and damage done while in it. I just worry it's going to be premade grps trolling around laying waste.

Simi_Xiamara_
04-01-2017, 03:31 AM
So now that it's getting nerfed pretty hard nobody is going to complain that you can never win a 1v2 situation or 1v3-4 etc? Get ready to be ganked by roaming groups hard. You'll get very few even fights, revenge was pretty easy to deal with it really kept the gank squads at a distance.
I'll wait and see how it all plays out but ppl will get killed really fast now. I understand tweaking it some but seems like 20-30% drops on build up and damage done while in it. I just worry it's going to be premade grps trolling around laying waste.
If revenge is worthless in 1vX momments after update I'll just stop playing. Tera is coming to ps4 so ya not to worried if they fk the game up anymore

Gray360UK
04-01-2017, 03:41 AM
Revenge was only ever meant to give you a chance to survive, it should never have been a 'cool, I can kill 3 people and they can't kill me' thing.

In most games, if you are alone and getting ganked, something else is wrong. Like why are you alone, where is the rest of your team. Or, if they are all ganking you, then they are not taking zones or dealing with your 3 team mates.

What can this do, make you focus on your team, not play alone, not expect to take on superior odds like you are Superman? Good :)

MumfordDaHound
04-01-2017, 03:54 AM
Revenge was only ever meant to give you a chance to survive, it should never have been a 'cool, I can kill 3 people and they can't kill me' thing.

In most games, if you are alone and getting ganked, something else is wrong. Like why are you alone, where is the rest of your team. Or, if they are all ganking you, then they are not taking zones or dealing with your 3 team mates.

What can this do, make you focus on your team, not play alone, not expect to take on superior odds like you are Superman? Good :)

We will see... it was really easy to deal with when multiple ppl vs 1. All you had to do was back off or disable the player. A LOT of ppl are kill hungry and become idiots and just all out attack. I also don't want to feel like I have zero chance if the numbers are against you. 2v1 could be "why even bother fighting back?" Add in gank squads in elimination or skirmish and it's gonna get old real fast. Again, I'll wait and see but it could be ugly and not fun...

Simi_Xiamara_
04-01-2017, 04:14 AM

Why are you alone lol..............
Let me give you all the reasons why you are alone

DOMINION
1person on A boosting
1person on C boosting
1person on B boosting
1person roaming (maybe?) I'm not sure what the last guy dose
If A Or C leave their post to help you then that leaves it open to be stolen and gives less points
*this is ASSUMING you are in a group*
I don't play with a geoup so ya

Elimination
so dose this mean when my entire team dies I can just leave? What's the point lol I'll just go afk or leave. 1v4 with current revenge is hard enough (killing people is easy making sure they stay dead is the hard part)

With current revenge it forces ppl come at you one at a time. Or turns you into a 4man army. Not mention they can still cc lock you

TCTF_SWAT
04-01-2017, 04:41 AM

DOMINION
1person on A boosting
1person on C boosting
1person on B boosting
If A Or C leave their post to help you then that leaves it open to be stolen and gives less points
*this is ASSUMING you are in a group*
I don't play with a geoup so ya

Elimination
so dose this mean when my entire team dies I can just leave? What's the point lol I'll just go afk or leave. 1v4 with current revenge is hard enough (killing people is easy making sure they stay dead is the hard part)

With current revenge it forces ppl come at you one at a time. Or turns you into a 4man army. Not mention they can still cc lock you

Or you could fight near hazards. It's your best chance.

Simi_Xiamara_
04-01-2017, 05:01 AM
Or you could fight near hazards. It's your best chance.
Your trying to survive not die faster

TCTF_SWAT
04-01-2017, 05:19 AM
Your trying to survive not die faster

So.....you're going to whittle down 4 health bars of varying lengths the slow way? Then you'll just decrease you chances of winning.

Buyukbaba
04-01-2017, 10:19 AM
Quoted wrong, my correct quote below :)

Buyukbaba
04-01-2017, 10:21 AM

Reasons are;

-you cannot choose your teammates by yourself
-you cannot decide which level teammates you will have
-you donot know if he had afk'ed for that level or not
-you are not superman so you can got rekt by an environmental hazard on full health (right?)
-you cannot decide how will game balance the teams from gear level manner

do you want me to add that?

I think if revenge got serious nerf, then there is no meaning for playind 4v4 modes. The fun is being rekt by one guy while ganging on him/her. If it is for sure to not be able to surve in 1v4, then standing still will be much more effecting way to die and wait for game end loot.

One suggestion by the way, if the revenge will be nerfed, then attack power or damage dealing should be changed while ganging on someone. For example, lets assume it is 1v4 in a match, if every one got honor and wait for 1v1 ending, then that one guy attacking should have full attack and damage power. If another guy decided to attack simultaneously, then damage dealing can cut into half, for the third one, one third and for the forth one one forth.

So, that one guy will be like fighting one guy buy from all directions with very high possibility to contiounsly got hit. If he activates revenge, then everyone's damage deal can be increased immediately for a certain percentage. This is my idea. Seems logical but can have problems inside it which i could not think of yet.

Egotistic_Ez
04-01-2017, 11:03 AM

Awwww, someone's gotta learn how to play vs a group now his cheese is being nerfed. Poor wittle guy.

Gray360UK
04-01-2017, 12:39 PM

DOMINION
1person on A boosting
1person on C boosting
1person on B boosting

So why aren't the enemy doing that?
You're missing the point.
If they are in a gank squad, they aren't playing properly / holding zones.
I laugh at teams who have all the kills and none of the zones.

Likewise if your entire team dies, your team sucks, and theirs doesn't. In the normal world they would win. Revenge should give you a chance, not make it a negative bad thing for a superior enemy team to kill all of your team mates and just have you left. That is what the rest of the world calls winning. Revenge was flipping reality upside down.

There is a fundamnetal logic error in your thinking / the Revenge concept.
1 person is supposed to die to 3 or 4 people. There are very few games where this is not a thing. Where superior numbers in a fight is bad. Where successfully isolating and eliminating an enemy with a stronger force is bad. You have become a Revenge addict, and accepted that it's normal for 1 man to beat 4. I have been ganked by 40 people in World of Warcraft because I went to the wrong part of the map alone. There was no super mode that made that their mistake and not mine.

Ubisofts own tooltip describes it as giving you a 'chance to survive'.

Alustar.
04-01-2017, 12:43 PM
If revenge is worthless in 1vX momments after update I'll just stop playing. Tera is coming to ps4 so ya not to worried if they fk the game up anymore
Srsly? Tera on consoles!?!?

MumfordDaHound
04-01-2017, 12:44 PM
Awwww, someone's gotta learn how to play vs a group now his cheese is being nerfed. Poor wittle guy.

Ha, funny... You must've been one of the babies that didn't like to partially use his brain when it came to dealing with someone who was in revenge mode. For me all it did was help vs mindless hacking grunts. Verse ppl that thought for a second it delayed death or maybe gave you more time for help to come.

I've mained a LB so having to deal with tough fights is nothing new, get in line. Nobody is going to like getting ganked and never having a chance 1v+. Maybe it'll be fine, I hope so. Just be careful what you wish for.

Gray360UK
04-01-2017, 12:46 PM
Reasons are;

-you cannot choose your teammates by yourself
-you cannot decide which level teammates you will have
-you donot know if he had afk'ed for that level or not
-you are not superman so you can got rekt by an environmental hazard on full health (right?)
-you cannot decide how will game balance the teams from gear level manner

do you want me to add that?

I think if revenge got serious nerf, then there is no meaning for playind 4v4 modes. The fun is being rekt by one guy while ganging on him/her. If it is for sure to not be able to surve in 1v4, then standing still will be much more effecting way to die and wait for game end loot.

One suggestion by the way, if the revenge will be nerfed, then attack power or damage dealing should be changed while ganging on someone. For example, lets assume it is 1v4 in a match, if every one got honor and wait for 1v1 ending, then that one guy attacking should have full attack and damage power. If another guy decided to attack simultaneously, then damage dealing can cut into half, for the third one, one third and for the forth one one forth.

So, that one guy will be like fighting one guy buy from all directions with very high possibility to contiounsly got hit. If he activates revenge, then everyone's damage deal can be increased immediately for a certain percentage. This is my idea. Seems logical but can have problems inside it which i could not think of yet.

Another Revenge addict that has accepted it's okay to flip reality upside down.

Since time began, 4 men beat 1 man in a fight, unless you are Bruce Lee. You are not Bruce Lee.

Since time began, if your entire team sucks and dies, you lose. You do not turn into the Incredible Hulk and smash everyone.

Why win? Why kill your enemy? Why destroy 3/4 of the enemy team when you will only end up facing one final guy that can destroy you all. Where is the reward for being the better team that is killing the most enemy players?

No enemy has a tactic they can use that you can't, so the field is level, the options are open to all. Who fights best decides the win, not who gains the most Revenge.

Revenge has been making the game into a joke.

Revenge was not supposed to be a crutch for losing teams to win by, or for people who suck to destroy people who don't.

MumfordDaHound
04-01-2017, 12:47 PM
So why aren't the enemy doing that?
You're missing the point.
If they are in a gank squad, they aren't playing properly / holding zones.
I laugh at teams who have all the kills and none of the zones.

Likewise if your entire team dies, your team sucks, and theirs doesn't. In the normal world they would win. Revenge should give you a chance, not make it a negative bad thing for a superior enemy team to kill all of your team mates and just have you left. That is what the rest of the world calls winning. Revenge was flipping reality upside down.

There is a fundamnetal logic error in your thinking / the Revenge concept.
1 person is supposed to die to 3 or 4 people. There are very few games where this is not a thing. Where superior numbers in a fight is bad. Where successfully isolating and eliminating an enemy with a stronger force is bad. You have become a Revenge addict, and accepted that it's normal for 1 man to beat 4. I have been ganked by 40 people in World of Warcraft because I went to the wrong part of the map alone. There was no super mode that made that their mistake and not mine.

Ubisofts own tooltip describes it as giving you a 'chance to survive'.

Sorry but a "good team" had very little issues with revenge. It was there to stop mindless hackers.

Gray360UK
04-01-2017, 12:53 PM
Sorry but a "good team" had very little issues with revenge. It was there to stop mindless hackers.

Yes and it wasn't doing that.

It was allowing lone people to win entire Elimination matches / Skirmish breaks.

I have done it myself several times. I have killed 6-7 people in a row while the last one alive, all because they cannot beat my Revenge.

All my team are dead, this gives them a 4 vs 1 advantage, but Revenge makes me win.

It makes 1 vs 4 good for the 1, and that should not be a thing.

That is backwards and upside down. It exists to give you a 'chance to survive' - official description. Not an easy win over a superior force.

You need to focus on the words chance and survive if you want to know what Revenge was supposed to be about.

Alustar.
04-01-2017, 12:54 PM
I'd like to piggy back on Gray and add that you are also wrong i that you can't choose your own team? So I guess all the times I grouped up with three friends and we stomped on revenge builds like it was a tap dancing contest were a dream?
Also environmental hazards do that in real life!!! If you impale me on spikes. I'll bleed out and die. If you throw me off a ledge, D E D. Dead. You just need to lrn to mind your surroundings better.

MumfordDaHound
04-01-2017, 01:32 PM
I'd like to piggy back on Gray and add that you are also wrong i that you can't choose your own team? So I guess all the times I grouped up with three friends and we stomped on revenge builds like it was a tap dancing contest were a dream?
Also environmental hazards do that in real life!!! If you impale me on spikes. I'll bleed out and die. If you throw me off a ledge, D E D. Dead. You just need to lrn to mind your surroundings better.

Exactly what I was saying. Revenge is not an issue if the group aren't idiot's... A good group has no issues with it.

Gray I too have won multiple 1v4, the thing is if they were using their head's they would easily beat anyone 4v1. But they all go in hacking and looking for the kill so they can do some taunt... Revenge punishes these ppl and rightfully so.

Gray360UK
04-01-2017, 02:13 PM
Exactly what I was saying. Revenge is not an issue if the group aren't idiot's... A good group has no issues with it.

Gray I too have won multiple 1v4, the thing is if they were using their head's they would easily beat anyone 4v1. But they all go in hacking and looking for the kill so they can do some taunt... Revenge punishes these ppl and rightfully so.

Yep you have a point.

I still think it went a little too far the other way though.

I've been in way too many situations where I want to help my team mate in Skirmish or Elimination but I dare not risk touching their enemy, even if my team mate is being 2 vs 1 attacked, outnumbered and needs my help. Because as soon as I tap one of his attackers, BOOM REVENGE and then the fight is decided by Revenge Mode Attack / Duration etc.

There is a fine line between chance to survive / self defence and becoming unkillable / untouchable.

Revenge shouldn't totally disable the option to use superior force to win a fight, especially if you have that superior force because you are winning and have already beaten 3/4 of that guys team. If I walk into a room in Battlefield 1 and it has 4 enemy soldiers in it, chances are I die, unless I am good. I cannot go into super bazooka mode and shoot lazers out of my eyeballs in order to kill them all. It an 'Oh shi ....' moment and you die. Revenge for me has removed the 'Oh shi ....' moments from For Honor and replaced them with 'Haha, now you all die!' moments.

That feels wrong, for me.

Guess we shall see how much of a difference these changes makes soon enough. Will be interesting to see.

Alustar.
04-01-2017, 02:37 PM
Yep you have a point.

I still think it went a little too far the other way though.

I've been in way too many situations where I want to help my team mate in Skirmish or Elimination but I dare not risk touching their enemy, even if my team mate is being 2 vs 1 attacked, outnumbered and needs my help. Because as soon as I tap one of his attackers, BOOM REVENGE and then the fight is decided by Revenge Mode Attack / Duration etc.

There is a fine line between chance to survive / self defence and becoming unkillable / untouchable.

Revenge shouldn't totally disable the option to use superior force to win a fight, especially if you have that superior force because you are winning and have already beaten 3/4 of that guys team. If I walk into a room in Battlefield 1 and it has 4 enemy soldiers in it, chances are I die, unless I am good. I cannot go into super bazooka mode and shoot lazers out of my eyeballs in order to kill them all. It an 'Oh shi ....' moment and you die. Revenge for me has removed the 'Oh shi ....' moments from For Honor and replaced them with 'Haha, now you all die!' moments.

That feels wrong, for me.

Guess we shall see how much of a difference these changes makes soon enough. Will be interesting to see.

I think the problem is you can choose to buff all four revenge stats with no penalty. Revenge attack/defense should be bound to the same "tug of war" distributing point lay out, as well as the gains from defense/injury.
In my opinion; with the current point allocation you have a higher abuse rate. To me the point should be to choose how you want to build your revenge and how you want your buff to augment your play style.
With its current form(and the ability to choose two stats to buff freely) what was supposed to be a last stand mechanic has turned into a super sayain buff for anyone who has put more than a month into a given hero.
There are a myriad of ways to solve this. And to me the problem really is with group tactics. Even with my opinion of it being unfavorable in its current state, I can't sit here and tell you it's completely unbeatable. However, it takes 2-3 well coordinated players and you have to hope it's not a full group of them working together too.
Here is a list of things I tell my groups in matches:
Orange glow means gtfo.
It doesn't last forever. Let it burn and play defensively.
Assassins do it from behind!
Feint from the sides. Spamming them is funny!
Always go for the grab! I'll hold him, you punch!

Yarzahn
04-01-2017, 03:58 PM

Last I checked the warriors den, revenge will be mostly nerfed on gear scaling. As well as the meter filling slwoer on blocked heavy attacks, because apaprently it was double dipping into chip damage on blocks.

For Brawls or ungeared characters, you can still use it the same way as before.
Maybe I'm just a very good player, or you are a very bad one, but I've won multiple 1v2 and 1v3 on ungeared characters and in brawl matches with gear disabled. It's not favourable odds (lit shouldn't be, if you got yourself into 1v3, you should sweat) but certainly possible.
We'll have to see how it goes when we play it live.
Hopefully this change makes revenge a defensive last ditch effort instead of ******ed steroid of "i sweep attack everyone one so get away or die".

MumfordDaHound
04-01-2017, 04:57 PM
Last I checked the warriors den, revenge will be mostly nerfed on gear scaling. As well as the meter filling slwoer on blocked heavy attacks, because apaprently it was double dipping into chip damage on blocks.

For Brawls or ungeared characters, you can still use it the same way as before.
Maybe I'm just a very good player, or you are a very bad one, but I've won multiple 1v2 and 1v3 on ungeared characters and in brawl matches with gear disabled. It's not favourable odds (lit shouldn't be, if you got yourself into 1v3, you should sweat) but certainly possible.
We'll have to see how it goes when we play it live.
Hopefully this change makes revenge a defensive last ditch effort instead of ******ed steroid of "i sweep attack everyone one so get away or die".

Yes fix the things that are not working correctly, understand that obviously. But they are nerfing revenge mode time and dmg. Just think they should fix the things not working as they should be first, THEN dial back the % gaines. Baby steps, also nice passive aggressive way to say im a horrible/bad player.

So in those 3v1 or 2v1 you never popped revenge? Right... Of course you didn't your meter doesnt charge up like everyone elses. You turned revenge into a gear stat discussion. Again, fix the gear stats that are double dipping, see how it plays then go further if its to much.

Buyukbaba
04-01-2017, 05:49 PM
Another Revenge addict that has accepted it's okay to flip reality upside down.

Since time began, 4 men beat 1 man in a fight, unless you are Bruce Lee. You are not Bruce Lee.

Since time began, if your entire team sucks and dies, you lose. You do not turn into the Incredible Hulk and smash everyone.

Why win? Why kill your enemy? Why destroy 3/4 of the enemy team when you will only end up facing one final guy that can destroy you all. Where is the reward for being the better team that is killing the most enemy players?

No enemy has a tactic they can use that you can't, so the field is level, the options are open to all. Who fights best decides the win, not who gains the most Revenge.

Revenge has been making the game into a joke.

Revenge was not supposed to be a crutch for losing teams to win by, or for people who suck to destroy people who don't.

ooook, so you are in the wrong forum mate. I guess you can find serious boxing, thai box or whatever suits you forums out there in the internet. Are you joking? this is game, of course we are talking about upside down reality.

I am not revenge addict, I only think when someone is 1v4 without his control and game decides how you will be in that situation by paring inadequately, that guy should have an opportunity to survive. Otherwise we would be boxing,not gaming. Your ideas are surely valid ones but in reality only. Anyone with a single brain cell would know not to engage a guy with revenge activated. Nerfing revenge until useless point is bull. It should be exist and may be nerfed, but that one guy should not need very high skill level to survive after nerfing. This is the fun part.

Gray360UK
04-01-2017, 06:56 PM
Here is a list of things I tell my groups in matches:
Orange glow means gtfo.
It doesn't last forever. Let it burn and play defensively.
Feint from the sides. Spamming them is funny!
Always go for the grab! I'll hold him, you punch!

Haha, I love this :D

pancakerz
04-01-2017, 07:23 PM
Let's hold on a minute before everyone goes crazy and actually think about the numbers here.

I have a gear score in the mid 50's (mostly because I get bored of micromanaging that stuff) and have found revenge to work pretty much perfectly. I can't proc it that often, but in gank situations it comes up frequently enough to give me a chance (I recently had an elim match where all of my teammates died and I killed 2 out of the 3 ganking opponents, plus my duel in the beginning obv).

I feel like this nerf will probably bring max level revenge gear down to about my level, maybe a little higher. In my opinion, that's perfectly fine. The real issue is the lower level players, there just seems to be such a huge disparity between high and low level revenge gear, maybe they should just make the gear give a smaller boost instead of nerfing revenge outright.. It's hard to talk about it legitimately though because all we have are bars and player testing, no solid numbers.

Xb1MasterNoctis
04-01-2017, 07:46 PM

rest team thumb packing their ********s and dying all the time so either way you are alone.

Alustar.
04-01-2017, 08:22 PM
As far as relevancy to the game goes revenge has a purpose very few people will argue that, the main draw back is revenge being treated as the go to offensive maneuver.

My PK is at 90 something now and I can tell you, I'm a **** player, no question. If you are even half way decent you'll probably beat me.

But if I decide to play in a manner that turns revenge into a constantly cycling attack buff, I can wipe three to four people with little effort. I should not be able to do that.

It should not be as easily accessible as it is.

UbiNoty
04-02-2017, 12:02 AM
We're quite careful with how we go about balancing and the upcoming revenge nerfs are being implemented because we saw that revenge in its current state was impacting gameplay negatively. The original intention of revenge was to give players an opportunity to come back from being ganged up on - but in a 4v4 mode, team play is a major aspect of game modes like dominion as well. While you 1v4 against the enemy team, maybe you won't win, but you'll endure long enough for your teammates to capture points, or come to give you backup.

But we're always open to improvement. After the changes go live, we'd love to hear your feedback after the changes to see what your thoughts on it are then.

CandleInTheDark
04-02-2017, 12:12 AM

Course assassins do it from behind,we're assassins, not ballad heroes.

MumfordDaHound
04-02-2017, 05:45 AM
We're quite careful with how we go about balancing and the upcoming revenge nerfs are being implemented because we saw that revenge in its current state was impacting gameplay negatively. The original intention of revenge was to give players an opportunity to come back from being ganged up on - but in a 4v4 mode, team play is a major aspect of game modes like dominion as well. While you 1v4 against the enemy team, maybe you won't win, but you'll endure long enough for your teammates to capture points, or come to give you backup.

But we're always open to improvement. After the changes go live, we'd love to hear your feedback after the changes to see what your thoughts on it are then.

I just get nervous when big changes happen, I'm just conservative with this stuff. Also, I'd hate to see the game/UBI cater to the whining little brats that think they should just be able to spam heavy swing when they have the numbers, don't give into their BS "demands/ultimatums". Make them be better than a mouth breathing whiny *** B...... Make them use their damn heads, it'll help them in many ways.

P.s. I've had a few beers, sorry.

kweassa1917
04-02-2017, 06:19 AM

Yes, we are certainly aware of your intentions, and as a matter of fact most people don't hate the Revenge system by itself. On the contrary, I'm willing to bet most people probably think implementation of the system itself was quite brilliant. It adds an interesting mechanic to the game, especially in team environment.

Unfortunately, from what people gather, it was basically an 'oversight' on your part, especially considering the rate of R-gain and the duration of the mode, Personally I think the attack/defense bonuses are adequate as an anti-gank mechanic, but the way it is set up now, it basically makes (sorry to its players, but...) seasoned Warlords basically a type of a "grief" by its existance alone in a Dominion match.

It is encouraging to see a fix is coming. Let the players gain access to it ASAP and see how it goes. Things can always be tweaked.

Robert223333
04-02-2017, 06:34 AM

Yes! Exactly that!

If you play 4 vs 4 stay with your teammates, bottom line. If it's dominion stay at least in groups of 2 and if your teammates call you for help fly over there to help.
These are team vs team modes for a reason and I love the fact that someone with lvl 108 PK (like myself for example) can't kill 4 remaining players so easily anymore. I hated it when people did it to me and I hated it when I was able to do it to the entire opposing team...well not as much as I did when the ****er did it to us obviously. :mad: