PDA

View Full Version : Warrior's Den : March 31st

We.the.North
03-31-2017, 10:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvHy_IhC6yY

This is exactly what I was hoping for in a Warrior's Den. 5 stars for this week video, I dont think you missed any issues I currently had with For Honor and every upcoming change is a good change in my eyes.

Good job.

Gray360UK
03-31-2017, 10:08 PM
Surprised no one is talking about it really.

It covers a lot of things people were moaning about. One guy has posted tonight that he is stopping playing because they didn't mention something he wanted fixed ... and they actually DID.

Is there no one left who cares?

/shrug

*pin drop*

Hillbill79
03-31-2017, 10:12 PM
I watched it.... Seems to me, they have been listening... they have acted fairly well....... bear in mind, we don't have any of those fixes just yet... nor do we know when they will be implemented. Disappointed that there was no more info on Zerker buffs, but I guess we'll find out.

Specialkha
03-31-2017, 10:14 PM
Too bad they did not mention the Valk, they overbuffed it. But I guess this is a good start at least.

CandleInTheDark
03-31-2017, 10:24 PM
Too bad they did not mention the Valk, they overbuffed it. But I guess this is a good start at least.

The problem is they overnerfed her first, they need to find a happy medium and right now that medium is that the charge and sweep are both dodgeable and punishable and that her power moves are stamina heavy. I've used her and I can understand where seeing half a bar go is annoying but they will likely look at characters they haven't tinkered with before revisiting her.

Alustar.
03-31-2017, 10:47 PM
The only thing I had issues with were the attempt at resolving the deflect mechanic for PKs. It's not an unused ability because of low damage rewards, i personally don't use it because I have successfully executed the follow up attack maybe 5 times in actual combat? Usually what happens is I get hit with a continued combo chain beats me to a counter hit I thought I was guaranteed on a successful deflect.
Granted I haven't attempted the move yet live with her new fixes but my first impression is that this won't really be a fix.

Otherwise great update and thanks for the FaceTime!

Gray360UK
03-31-2017, 10:59 PM
The only thing I had issues with were the attempt at resolving the deflect mechanic for PKs. It's not an unused ability because of low damage rewards, i personally don't use it because I have successfully executed the follow up attack maybe 5 times in actual combat? Usually what happens is I get hit with a continued combo chain beats me to a counter hit I thought I was guaranteed on a successful deflect.
Granted I haven't attempted the move yet live with her new fixes but my first impression is that this won't really be a fix.

Yeah they seem a little out of sync [insert 'just like their servers' joke here] with how / why people fight. I mean I could be the one doing it wrong, by my main character is PK and I never use the Stabbing Riposte, too risky, too hard to pull off. I mean never, ever.

What I do use, that they are nerfing, is the Zone Attack and the Side Step Attack. I use these in normal combat all the time, and not just the Revenge Mode version of the Zone Attack.

What they are not touching, which is what I thought everyone hated the most, was light attack spam / light attack damage.

So apparently, my best option going forward is to start doing something I have never done on my PK ... spam light attacks ... :rolleyes:

I am sure this is going to make my future opponents / the community very happy :p

CandleInTheDark
03-31-2017, 11:00 PM

I honestly can't say I had that problem, deflect was the main thing I used though so I had more practice, you really have to hit the attack the moment deflect happens. Best one I had was deflect on a storm rush, back away to let bleed finish it.

This is the first warrior's den I've watched and honestly I was pretty happy with it especially since some of the questions were word for word posts I have seen on the board.

RatedChaotic
03-31-2017, 11:16 PM
I was impressed with the Warriors Den this time. UBI is doing a fantastic job listening to the community. This game will be great!!!! We can make it happen.

UbiJurassic
03-31-2017, 11:19 PM
Glad to hear you all enjoyed this weeks Warrior's Den!

Marcrele
03-31-2017, 11:21 PM
watching this now at least I know where my money has gone: right into the nostrils of the left guy... man he's hyper

ThePollie
03-31-2017, 11:22 PM
"Revenge gear is balanced and fair, you just need to git gud." Hilarious how many crutchy weebs cried this in a fit and now even the Devs dumped in their mouths over this ********.

corazondedelfin
03-31-2017, 11:25 PM
Glad to hear you all enjoyed this weeks Warrior's Den!

If we enjoyed it, why do you think this thread has 0 stars? It was really bad for me and most of us I can bet.

1 - Reducing revenge effect you will allow GANKFEST TEAMS to have even better parties, and lets not talk about organized clans going into randoms battles...

2 - You are going to buff the berserker? Are you kidding me??? He needs totally the opposite! There are tons of zerkers for a reason! Not because they look cool! The only character picked because he looks cool is the orochi! Berserkers were discussed many times in threads of mine with the opinion of many experienced players!!! They dont need a buff at all!!

3 - Orochi isnt being reworked and buffed as they said nothing about their plans for him... Only that they will talk about him another time.

4 - Warden is not getting a huge nerf at all

5 - They didnt talk about enviromental sh1t everywhere that can 1clickill you

6 - Valkyrie is not getting hardly nerfed either

I have no hopes in you all, even the users writing in this thread. NONE.

Gray360UK
03-31-2017, 11:36 PM
If we enjoyed it, why do you think this thread has 0 stars? It was really bad for me and most of us I can bet.

1 - Reducing revenge effect you will allow GANKFEST TEAMS to have even better parties, and lets not talk about organized clans going into randoms battles...

2 - You are going to buff the berserker? Are you kidding me??? He needs totally the opposite! There are tons of zerkers for a reason! Not because they look cool! The only character picked because he looks cool is the orochi! Berserkers were discussed many times in threads of mine with the opinion of many experienced players!!! They dont need a buff at all!!

3 - Orochi isnt being reworked and buffed as they said nothing about their plans for him... Only that they will talk about him another time.

TL;DR:
http://cfile29.uf.tistory.com/image/2458A14555E795D31144F6

CandleInTheDark
03-31-2017, 11:41 PM
The single most complained about character, to the point a threat to boycott tournaments forced organisers' hands, is the peacekeeper. Second most complained about character was the lawbringer for the opposite reasons. Third most complained about thing (or maybe tied second?) revenge. Where did the attention in this patch go?

RatedChaotic
03-31-2017, 11:42 PM

Maybe you should find a different game. They look at the data. Doing alittle each time is better than too much and causing problems.

1. Are you serious? Organized teams will always be better than pugs
2. Keywords Threads of yours. Tho if they happen to hit me with that crazy combo I laugh at their damage.
3. There than bigger issues than Orochi right now. lol
4. Nerf the Warden. Maybe in some opinions but not all. Personally, I think hes the most predictable hero in the game.
5. Lmao L2P Geez
6. See number 4. After you fight enough of them.

corazondedelfin
03-31-2017, 11:47 PM
TL;DR:
http://cfile29.uf.tistory.com/image/2458A14555E795D31144F6

Hey, assh0le. **** you, and **** your massive friend.

Ichnich89
03-31-2017, 11:49 PM
Awesome Warriors Den. It really paid out to wait until today, which gave you more time to have a list of topics you could talk about.
Keep up the good work. And please keep the stream packed with good informative topics, rather than the "let's plays". Even if you skip one week to have more to talk about the week after, would be totally fine.

Edit: Ignore guys likecorazondedelfin

Simi_Xiamara_
03-31-2017, 11:53 PM
Yeah they seem a little out of sync [insert 'just like their servers' joke here] with how / why people fight. I mean I could be the one doing it wrong, by my main character is PK and I never use the Stabbing Riposte, too risky, too hard to pull off. I mean never, ever.

What I do use, that they are nerfing, is the Zone Attack and the Side Step Attack. I use these in normal combat all the time, and not just the Revenge Mode version of the Zone Attack.

What they are not touching, which is what I thought everyone hated the most, was light attack spam / light attack damage.

So apparently, my best option going forward is to start doing something I have never done on my PK ... spam light attacks ... :rolleyes:

I am sure this is going to make my future opponents / the community very happy :p
People are still going complain and say zone attk still op lawl. I wish they nerfed the dmg but lower the stamina cost or somthing....also wish they made it so if you block a side dodge skill you can get a free guardbreak just like valkyrie.

Alustar.
04-01-2017, 12:19 AM
I honestly can't say I had that problem, deflect was the main thing I used though so I had more practice, you really have to hit the attack the moment deflect happens. Best one I had was deflect on a storm rush, back away to let bleed finish it.

This is the first warrior's den I've watched and honestly I was pretty happy with it especially since some of the questions were word for word posts I have seen on the board.

Let me clarify, I have no problems activating the deflect. I practiced that for hours before ever going live for the first time. (cause those download times)
So hitting my light immediately following a proper deflect was a focus.
Really I had to unlearn that instinct because I would immediately go into hit my target after deflecting and get smacked in the face with whatever attack was next in their current chain.

Varicose_Veins
04-01-2017, 01:11 AM

Seriously? So why is the Valk never anywhere to be seen in the final rounds of tournaments?

The only thing I am peeved about is the Lawbringer getting so much loving from the Devs while they admit Raider is getting none this time around. Raider has been in the game since day one whereas the LB is a relative newcomer since it didn't appear until release. For the dedicated Raiders it feels like a very long wait.

I would have also like to have heard more about flicker-abuse - they mentioned it but only in relation to one character. And I'm not sure a "very slight tweak" to Conquerer will be enough. Time will tell. Lastly, I will be interested to see if the Shugoki is changed in any way. In my opinion that silly play style is making a mockery of the game.

Overall the next patch sounds great, but we're probably still 2-3 big patches away from being optimised with balance.

We.the.North
04-01-2017, 01:14 AM
If we enjoyed it, why do you think this thread has 0 stars?

Probably because I made this a few hours ago and people dont bother rating it when they are happy about something.

Capoupacap
04-01-2017, 01:20 AM
Far better shape of the stream. Clear and with real information. Keep gameplay for occasional stream or to show in work production, to show the bug you are speaking of.

Great job this time

Varicose_Veins
04-01-2017, 01:23 AM
Far better shape of the stream. Clear and with real information. Keep gameplay for occasional stream or to show in work production, to show the bug you are speaking of.

Great job this time

Yep. We only need a 45 minute stream like this each week. The 2 hour ones where they start playing games with people are too long.

Alchemist..
04-01-2017, 01:38 AM
Sound pretty decent. Lot of good changes lot of tweaks on heroes. Im very happy that they address kensei in this patch, cant wait to see what it will be. Im really stresed out now, they listening and working on everything we talking here, great job devs

teksuo1
04-01-2017, 01:55 AM
One guy has posted tonight that he is stopping playing because they didn't mention something he wanted fixed ... and they actually DID.

To be fair their accent is pretty damn strong ; and i'm saying that as a french-canadian.
Not easy to listen to.

even this guy was easier to deal with:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlvUVf6N5xw

DrExtrem
04-01-2017, 01:57 AM
I think one of the most interesting things was mentioning certain bugs revolving around debuff resistance and guard break windows.

Btw. Could you take a look at the stat again and if it might effect parry windows too? Sometimes, certain bots I have a hard time counter guard breaking, also are quite hard to parry and counter strike (crushing counter).

Alustar.
04-01-2017, 02:27 AM
Update: the deflect reposting stab does seem a little more responsive now. Not sure if it's my timing getting better or what, but I am getting more off.

UbiJurassic
04-01-2017, 02:28 AM
I think one of the most interesting things was mentioning certain bugs revolving around debuff resistance and guard break windows.

Btw. Could you take a look at the stat again and if it might effect parry windows too? Sometimes, certain bots I have a hard time counter guard breaking, also are quite hard to parry and counter strike (crushing counter).

I'll make a note. :)

CoyoteXStarrk
04-01-2017, 03:02 AM

Yeah I don't think this game is for you. You clearly are missing some big points that flew over your head.

Insane_Frog_
04-01-2017, 04:24 AM
Sounds like some solid issues are being ironed out glad to hear some actual numbers and glitch fixes. I won't lie kind of disappointed that the raider isn't seeing any love yet... but at least the lawbringer is seeing some much needed love hopefully raider is next ! :)

cragar212
04-01-2017, 05:51 AM
Sounds like some solid issues are being ironed out glad to hear some actual numbers and glitch fixes. I won't lie kind of disappointed that the raider isn't seeing any love yet... but at least the lawbringer is seeing some much needed love hopefully raider is next ! :)

Dirteh Raiders unite!

Imo if they fixed the turtle meta raiders would be very strong as is. My biggest problem is opening up experienced turtles. The 90damage combo on downed opponents is pretty crazy!

If you like raider check out tru3 ta1ent on youtube/twitch

King_Mandu
04-01-2017, 08:07 AM
Dirteh Raiders unite!

Imo if they fixed the turtle meta raiders would be very strong as is. My biggest problem is opening up experienced turtles. The 90damage combo on downed opponents is pretty crazy!

SO DIRTEH! I love watching his stuff on Youtube and he has definitely helped me get a little better. Awesome streamer.

I've taken a break from For Honor, too many good games out now, but these changes sound solid! Will be back sometime soon.

Viruletic
04-01-2017, 08:36 AM

Literally every thread and post I've ever seen from you is crying "nerf this, for honor is dead, wahh"

Your criticisms of the game, are, well, not shared by many, with you being an Orochi main explaining your zerker hatred since they kind of soft counter the other 2 assassins.

As to the actual thread topic, I'm pretty happy overall with the changes, however, I HATE that they basically did nothing to keep PK fresh, they didn't address the boring/difficult to counter playstyle of light attack spam+ZA being her definitive playstyle, and leaving the rest of her kit mostly useless compared to the effectiveness of spamming.

Specialkha
04-01-2017, 12:05 PM
We do not see Valk in Tourney yet because there are far more stronger options (Warlord/PK/Warden/Conq). Once the nerf hammer hit, we will see how it goes. If the nerfs are enough, Valk will be everywhere.

Alustar.
04-01-2017, 12:19 PM
I HATE that they basically did nothing to keep PK fresh, they didn't address the boring/difficult to counter playstyle of light attack spam+ZA being her definitive playstyle, and leaving the rest of her kit mostly useless compared to the effectiveness of spamming.

Actually they did address that, they looked into what abilities she was using the most light attacks and zone attacks were used far less frequently than her dodge-stab.
So really people complaining that ALL a PK did was Spam light and ZA were proven flat out wrong by legitimate numbers pulled straight from their games.

Hillbill79
04-01-2017, 12:42 PM

They said the Zerker was the worst performer along with LB, so why wouldn't it get a buff if LB did? Zerks are very limited in what they can do... and there is a bug/problem with block.parry and dodging. Their lights are too slow, they need an unblockable top heavy after a chain and their gb is too slow

CandleInTheDark
04-01-2017, 12:53 PM
They said the Zerker was the worst performer along with LB, so why wouldn't it get a buff if LB did? Zerks are very limited in what they can do... and there is a bug/problem with block.parry and dodging. Their lights are too slow, they need an unblockable top heavy after a chain and their gb is too slow

They also said they want to be careful with the berserker because too much and you suddenly have another peacekeeper issue. I would guess that was why they got nothing this update when others needed more doing to them. After having to undo nerfs on the Valk because she got the nerfhammer too hard the slowly slowly approach might be best.

Hillbill79
04-01-2017, 01:03 PM
The zerker is getting buffed next patch though... we just don't know how.

They also said they want to be careful with the berserker because too much and you suddenly have another peacekeeper issue. I would guess that was why they got nothing this update when others needed more doing to them. After having to undo nerfs on the Valk because she got the nerfhammer too hard the slowly slowly approach might be best.

CandleInTheDark
04-01-2017, 01:06 PM
Yeah sorry I am thinking of another character that got nothing this update, like you say we don't know how. Mea culpa.

Insane_Frog_
04-01-2017, 03:20 PM
Dirteh Raiders unite!

I love his stuff been following him for awhile :D .

I agree with raiders numbers being in check his damage is fine maybe a tad too strong but I feel his guard stance needs to be a little quicker and to be able to get a side heavy from GB and wall throws. Right now it needs to be the perfect storm to get a side heavy off a wall throw and only a ZA off a GB which fast assassin's can still block or parry. Just by giving him some options off his GB and wall throws and the ability to deal with light attack spam and he would be in a very good spot.

I love him as a class and has been my main since launch and will continue to be even if they don't fix him I just love those Dirteh Dirteh mind games !

Fuqbois
04-01-2017, 06:08 PM
Godamn so many anoying kids here, only thing you do is complain, Ubi was doing a poor job on updates, that was a good warriors dent, they can't fix everything on the game in one patch. And there is NO discussion about the biggest problem, it was Revenge, PERIOD.

-They are also buffing Lawbringer,
-Next they will work on Orochi.
-PK and Warlord nerfs
-Connection problems investigation
-They can't renerf valk now, needs more time, they just buffed her, even if she is very strong they need to wait more.
-Also the matchmaking problem was mentioned, about selecting a Warrior after the match is found.

Yes they could have worked/mentioned nerfing Warden, saying nothing about him was the only downside, also a discussion about, enviromental kills, but they are tackling several KEY problems within the game. Enjoy the changes.

Hillbill79
04-01-2017, 07:05 PM
Don't recall Orochi being mentioned.... Zerker and raider were the only 2 other mentioned specifically for buffs

Godamn so many anoying kids here, only thing you do is complain, Ubi was doing a poor job on updates, that was a good warriors dent, they can't fix everything on the game in one patch. And there is NO discussion about the biggest problem, it was Revenge, PERIOD.

-They are also buffing Lawbringer,
-Next they will work on Orochi.
-PK and Warlord nerfs
-Connection problems investigation
-They can't renerf valk now, needs more time, they just buffed her, even if she is very strong they need to wait more.
-Also the matchmaking problem was mentioned, about selecting a Warrior after the match is found.

Yes they could have worked/mentioned nerfing Warden, saying nothing about him was the only downside, also a discussion about, enviromental kills, but they are tackling several KEY problems within the game. Enjoy the changes.

Fuqbois
04-01-2017, 09:39 PM
49:17

Also forgot to mention that they observed that parrying is too strong/safe, and plans to change defensive meta.

Also nerfs to buffs on elimination.

Bob__Gnarly
04-01-2017, 10:47 PM
All these changes are good, I may come back once they're all finally implemented whenever that is.

DrExtrem
04-01-2017, 11:40 PM
I'll make a note. :)

Thanks.

In addition. Could you please make a note on UI flashing in the same color as parry indicators? It is pretty distracting, if everything flashes in the same color - especially, if you try to parry some of the more unusual strikes like very slow ones. Also, i find it relatively hard to parry or counter strike top heavy unblockables fron the kensai, because the parry indicator and the red guard indicator melt with the unblockable animation.

If you have an indicator, it needs to be visible - especially on condoles, where players are usually sitting 2-3 metres away from their display.

Also. Imvho, the pks light spam is really ugly and maybe obe of the main problems (of the game). Double light - wait - double light - wait - double light /spit /lol /emotespam. And the light spam is a general problem. Don't get me wrong. The sidestep spam is not much better but the light spam is unnerving.