PDA

View Full Version : Rage quitters? Unbalanced matchmaking causes them.

Mofu_Master
03-31-2017, 05:21 PM
Once devs team complain about rage quitter as a cause of unstable connection.
BUT IT'S DEFINITELY UBI'S FAULT.
Who wants to play unbalanced match? be raped by 108 gear?

Prophit618
03-31-2017, 06:19 PM
While the MM definitely exacerbates the problem, it is not the cause.
Most of the rage-quitting I see is at the middle of end of the match after it's already turned very south for them. It's not done out of frustration with the bad matchups more often than not, but to preserve their record when they're going to take a loss.

What REALLY causes rage-quitters is that there's no punishment for it. And indirectly there's no punishment because of connectivity issues.

atac56
03-31-2017, 06:27 PM
you can call anyone in this game a rage quitter when the game itself will randomly boot people and a matchmaking system being non existent. you cant say for sure why a specific person left the match. I get kicked from more games than I finish, that's enough of a punishment considering I get robbed of steel and xp

Gray360UK
03-31-2017, 06:27 PM
Rage Quitters quit for many reasons, all rage related funnily enough.

It can be anything from the matchmaking, to being environment killed, farmed by a superior team, having dumb team mates, being emote spammed, losing the match and so on.

Point being, it's not always an actual problem with the game, often it's a problem with them.

Rage Quitters rarely quit for nice, reasonable, sensible reasons. This is why we call them Rage Quitters, not Reasonable Quitters ;)

Having said that, they definitely need to fix matchmaking, and I believe they are intending to do so.

WoodDaGawd
03-31-2017, 06:42 PM
If a player wants to disconnect before I win the match after 5-10 minutes of playing, they are only holding themselves back. Its not ubi's fault Its an L2P issue. Git Gud. I think I did that right:)

I'd like to see a penalty for those players that initiate a disconnect though. Double their losses.

RunnerRunner22
03-31-2017, 06:57 PM
you cant say for sure why a specific person left the match. I get kicked from more games than I finish, that's enough of a punishment considering I get robbed of steel and xp

I can, when someone quits while I execute him in the final round, which happens all the time...

Gray360UK
03-31-2017, 07:21 PM
I can, when someone quits while I execute him in the final round, which happens all the time...

Exactly, sometimes it's more obvious than others. I had a brilliant round yesterday and we had the enemy team down to the last man, a Viking Raider, and I had him down to just needing one more hit, and bam, I get booted. It may have been someone else on his team quitting that disrupted the server, or maybe him quitting (I never got to see any '[name] has left the session messages' so I don't know what happened for sure). I'd chalk that one up to Rage though.

Herbstlicht
03-31-2017, 09:28 PM
Guess reasons are varied. Lag, mood, opponents, playstyle, whatever. And honestly, i dunno if it is all "rage" related.
For example, i did leave a duel before even crossing swords. Reason here: i did report the guy. Name and banner were very much as incorrect as they could get. I don't like emote spammers, specially not those that run around as if ... but i can live with it. Guess most of them just think it's fun. But still, playing together or against someone seemingly in love with nazi stuff. No thanks.

It is a little bit like in life. You don't care about the strangers. Not even yelling youth's showeling drunken through the streets. You might have been one of those some years ago. You care, however, when your core values are threatened. Happily, this is incredibly rare.