PDA

View Full Version : Parry needs to be harder

lDelicious
03-31-2017, 12:18 PM
I sincerely hope that this will be discussed in the Warrior Den stream today.

At the moment, you either face someone who refuses to attack and only goes for the occasional parry OR you are getting spammed by the shoulder charge, or by the headbutt, or by a shield and the numerous "tech" in the game at the moment.

PLEASE let this next patch be good.

Simi_Xiamara_
03-31-2017, 03:11 PM
If they do that then they need only do it for pc... at 30FPS it's already hard enough

Knight_Gregor
03-31-2017, 03:13 PM
So long as feinting is made harder to balance it out, that's fine. We don't want to end up with fast hitting heroes being the only viable contenders. The network already plays into that direction as it is. I'd bet money that people who play the Warlord and Conqueror's wouldn't feel the need to spam charges and the headbutt if they had a reliable opener.

I don't think everything is perfect right now. And changes need to be made on certain moves. Conq shouldn't be able to cgb after a missed charge, Warlord's wind-up time on his headbutt is insane, and Warden shouldn't be able to cancel his charge into a guard break. Hell, the Shugoki forces you to guess if he's going to charge or guard break every time you see him running toward you.

But there are issues with fast attacking characters as well. Zone attacks coming out quicker than light attacks, multiple direction indicators, and the time required between light attack and a parry is absurd (looking at you, Berzerker) for some characters. Don't even get me started about the crap Valkyrie can pull off. My point is: that making it harder to parry will put a hero class, who is already generally having a much less harder time, at an advantage due to being able to put constant pressure on enemies. There are too many variables causing problems right now to just make a knee-jerk change like that.

Gray360UK
03-31-2017, 03:42 PM
Parry needs to be harder

said no one.

SangLong524
03-31-2017, 03:46 PM
What? Ehh, no. No no. It's hard enough in a serious fight with feints and god knows what as it is.
No thank u!

GreenRanger XI
03-31-2017, 04:43 PM
It just needs to not be the best offensive and defensive tool in the game. You can set up a free heavy from a parry which is so simple to do.

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
03-31-2017, 04:51 PM
just remove free GB after parry, this will remove the incentive for playing passive for the most part, seeing as there would be a balanced risk reward to a parry. Low risk-Low reward