View Full Version : Rate AC games best to worst

socalgamer66
03-31-2017, 01:34 AM
So as a fan of the series, my favorite AC games from best to worse so far

AC2>Black Flag AC4> AC Brotherhood> AC Revelations

I have not played the others.

ERICATHERINE
03-31-2017, 02:02 AM
Here is my best to worst list of the moment.

Ac 3 > ac syndicate > ac rogue > ac liberation hd > ac revelations > ac brotherhood > ac unity > ac iv black flag > ac 2 > ac 1.

I actually find strange how my appreciation of the games in the serie change with each serie. The only 2 games to which I always give the same spot are ac 1 as the worst and ac 3 as the best, even if I must say that ac syndicate is a close second at the moment. ^-^

KevinMurphy
03-31-2017, 04:25 AM
Best to worst: 3, Unity, Syndicate, Brotherhood, 2, Revelations, Rogue, Black Flag, 1.

Before someone gets on my case about Black Flag, I think it's a great game, I just don't like how Edward isn't an Assassin for the entire game. It works, and I love the story and his motives for fighting. But a game where we get to play as him as an Assassin would have been so much better.

Also, I should note that I love all these games, and wouldn't give any of them less than an 8/10. So saying AC 1 is the "worst", it's still way above most other games outside the franchise for me.

Rugterwyper32
03-31-2017, 04:41 AM
My personal rating

1. AC4
2. AC1
3. AC: Unity
4. AC: Revelations
5. AC3
6. AC: Syndicate
7. AC: Brotherhood
8. AC2
9. Ezio the Hedgehog: Discovery
10. AC: Liberation
11. AC: Altair's Chronicles

Yeah, sounds about right. It changes around every now and then but in general, I'd say it works.

santap555
03-31-2017, 05:20 AM
My rating

1. Assassin's Creed
2. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
3. Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag
4. Assassin's Creed Syndicate
5. Assassin's Creed III
6. Assassin's Creed Rogue
7. Assassin's Creed II
8. Assassin's Creed Unity
9. Assassin's Creed Revelations
10. Assassin's Creed Pirates
11. Assassin's Creed Liberation HD / Assassin's Creed III Liberation
12. Assassin's Creed Chronicles
13. Assassin's Creed Identity

awatar2011
03-31-2017, 05:32 AM
1. Assassin's Creed III
2. Assassin's Creed
3. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
4. Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry
5. Assassin's Creed III: The Tyranny of King Washington
5. Assassin's Creed Revelations
6. Assassin's Creed Unity
7. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
8. Assassin's Creed Liberation
9. Assassin's Creed II
10.Assassin's Creed Chronicles
11.Holocaust
12. Assassin's Creed Syndicate

SixKeys
03-31-2017, 09:00 AM
1. Brotherhood
2. AC1
3. AC2
4. Black Flag
5. Syndicate
6. Revelations
7. Unity
8. Freedom Cry
9. Liberation
10. Chronicles
11. Rogue
12. AC3

LoyalACFan
03-31-2017, 10:59 AM
I've done this before with detailed reasoning behind each choice, but meh, not feeling it this morning :p

AC4
AC2
Revelations
AC1
Brotherhood
Rogue
Unity
AC3
Syndicate
Liberation

JWRK
03-31-2017, 12:43 PM
The goodest

Brotherhood
Revelations
Black Flag
Assassin's Creed 3
Rogue
Syndicate
Chronicles
Assassin's Creed 1
Lolberation
Unity
Assassin's Creed 2

The baddest

cawatrooper9
03-31-2017, 03:39 PM
I've done this before with detailed reasoning behind each choice, but meh, not feeling it this morning :p

AC4
AC2
Revelations
AC1
Brotherhood
Rogue
Unity
AC3
Syndicate
Liberation

Same (Interesting choices, btw).

Revelations
Black Flag
Brotherhood
Syndicate
Rogue
AC3
Unity
AC2
AC1
Liberation

Sorrosyss
04-01-2017, 01:22 PM
With scores for kicks.

9/10 AC Brotherhood
9/10 AC3
8/10 AC2
8/10 AC1
8/10 AC Revelations
7/10 AC4
7/10 AC Syndicate
6/10 AC Rogue
6/10 AC Liberation
6/10 AC Chronicles China
5/10 AC Chronicles India
5/10 AC Chronicles Russia
5/10 AC Unity

SpiritOfNevaeh
04-01-2017, 06:37 PM
AC 3
AC Syndicate
AC 1
AC Black Flag
AC Rogue
AC Brotherhood
AC 2
AC Liberation
AC Unity
AC Revelations
AC Chronicles (China, India, Russia)

socalgamer66
04-02-2017, 01:33 AM
Interesting quite a range of tastes here. I liked Ezio he has the best story and AC2 feels like a real assassin stealth game.

I hated den defense in Brotherhood and Revelations that ruined those games for me. Black Flag was fun but felt the least like a real AC game and I hated the tailing/eavesdropping missions and impossible no detect stealth missions. I will have to wait for used PS4 to drop in price to try Syndicate.

ERICATHERINE
04-02-2017, 06:23 AM
I hated den defense in Brotherhood and Revelations that ruined those games for me.

There is no den defense in brotherhood. Of course, you have to capture Borgia towers, but the only Templar towers you may have to protect, once captured are in ac revelations. ^-^

crusader_prophet
04-02-2017, 06:30 PM
AC, AC II, AC Brohood, AC Revelations, AC III
AC Rogue, AC Liberation
AC IV
AC Unity
AC Syndicate

RVSage
04-02-2017, 06:35 PM
1. Black Flag 10/10
2. AC2 9/10
3. Brotherhood 8.5/10
4. Revelations 8/10
5. AC 3 8/10
6. AC 1 8/10
7. Syndicate 7/10
8. Unity 6.5/10
9. Rogue 6/10
10. Liberation 5/10

socalgamer66
04-03-2017, 04:04 AM
There is no den defense in brotherhood. Of course, you have to capture Borgia towers, but the only Templar towers you may have to protect, once captured are in ac revelations. ^-^

Sorry my bad I meant in Revelations you have the stupid den defense garbage. I really liked AC2 and Brotherhood a lot. Right now I am playing the first game and enjoy Altair story the best thus far. He is a jerk though.

kevin18403
04-07-2017, 11:04 AM
1.Assassins Creed: Unity
2.Assassins Creed 3
3.Assassins Creed: Brotherhood
4.Assassins Creed: Revelations
5.Assassins Creed: Black Flag
6.Assassins Creed 2
7.Assassins Creed: Rouge
8.Assassins Creed
9.Assassins Creed: Syndicate

D.I.D.
04-07-2017, 12:31 PM
Can't really stack them up anymore. When it came out, AC2 was an amazing game. Now, not so much (and in fact even a year after its launch it had lost a lot of shine) but the reason for that is that AC2 opened doors for other games to walk through. Looking at it properly, it was never really a great capital-G "Game". It was a story told via a game engine, told far better than other games were telling their stories at the time, but with an extremely rigid gameplay set-up which was almost totally resistant to creativity on the part of the player. Brotherhood, for the first time at that point in the series, did allow a certain amount of planning but you still couldn't aim a ranged weapon. Revelations took it all away again with dreadfully on-rails gameplay. AC3 didn't improve matters much and in some ways made them worse, but at least it introduced aimed ranged weapons.

Until AC4 came out, I'd have said Brotherhood was best of the bunch, but Black Flag was a dramatic step forward for games in general. Then Unity was the best in my view, for the improved combat, higher difficulty, interiors, and the best city simulation (if not for story). Then Syndicate was better than that in most ways.

Early ACs came through at a time when the general standard of games, certainly their ambition, was nothing like as high as it is today. I wouldn't have shrunk from saying Brotherhood deserved any 9/10s it got in its day. It's much harder to rate new ACs in the context of their time, but that doesn't mean AC isn't improving. I do think Syndicate is the best in the series, but the gap between how good the games are and how good they could be (or need to be) has been palpable for some years.

cawatrooper9
04-07-2017, 04:42 PM
Can't really stack them up anymore. When it came out, AC2 was an amazing game. Now, not so much (and in fact even a year after its launch it had lost a lot of shine) but the reason for that is that AC2 opened doors for other games to walk through. Looking at it properly, it was never really a great capital-G "Game". It was a story told via a game engine, told far better than other games were telling their stories at the time, but with an extremely rigid gameplay set-up which was almost totally resistant to creativity on the part of the player. Brotherhood, for the first time at that point in the series, did allow a certain amount of planning but you still couldn't aim a ranged weapon. Revelations took it all away again with dreadfully on-rails gameplay. AC3 didn't improve matters much and in some ways made them worse, but at least it introduced aimed ranged weapons.

Until AC4 came out, I'd have said Brotherhood was best of the bunch, but Black Flag was a dramatic step forward for games in general. Then Unity was the best in my view, for the improved combat, higher difficulty, interiors, and the best city simulation (if not for story). Then Syndicate was better than that in most ways.

Early ACs came through at a time when the general standard of games, certainly their ambition, was nothing like as high as it is today. I wouldn't have shrunk from saying Brotherhood deserved any 9/10s it got in its day. It's much harder to rate new ACs in the context of their time, but that doesn't mean AC isn't improving. I do think Syndicate is the best in the series, but the gap between how good the games are and how good they could be (or need to be) has been palpable for some years.

That's actually a very well structured argument for something that I think really affects the AC community right now. While the newer games are probably objectively better at being games, they're less groundbreaking. AC2 told an immersive conspiracy story set across historical events. Brotherhood and Rev took that concept and added more gameplay features, while ACIII and Black Flag did the boat thing. Nothing Rogue, Unity, or Syndicate have done is really all that groundbreaking, even though they're solid enough games- and that may be why there's some frustration between players who are fans of the new games, and older fans who admittedly may have some rose tinted glasses.

RVSage
04-07-2017, 06:49 PM

Well put view point, to an extent I agree, Games have not just improving graphically , but in terms of mechanics, in terms of interactions, if Ac2 were to release today, it may not be as welcome as it was in the past, Black Flag was like a huge trend setter, in terms of the shear scale of open world, We can clearly see games like sea of thieves are evolution of ideas from it

WendysBrioche
04-10-2017, 12:45 AM
I'll try but I haven't thought about it in a while so this probably won't reflect my true opinion if I gave all the games their fair amount of thought

From Best to Worst:

AC 4
AC Syndicate
AC 1
AC Brotherhood
AC Revelations
AC 3
AC 2
AC Unity

Can't speak for Rogue or liberation as I didn't play them.

AC 4 gets the top from the Naval mechanics and beautiful Carribean Ocean and open world. That was a personal video game fantasy of mine, to see 1700's naval combat in full glory, and AC 4's take on naval combat was just that: glorious and fun. The Ocean open world was fully realized with stormy weather complete with dangerously high waves, rogue winds, andocean wildlife to hunt in the whale/shark hunting mini game, which itself was just loads of fun. I thoroughly enjoyed the Moby **** White Whale hunting pretending I was some crazy sea faring pirate hunting great ocean beasts, just a silly kind of fun that visually and mechanically, was amazing. This combined Ocean- open-world feature makes it one of the best open worlds I've ever seen, in terms of at least the game's features it stands up with the likes of Red Dead Redemption and GTA V, the games I consider the best open worlds of all time, thus far.

That being said, AC Unity is my favorite of the series apart from AC 1 and Black Flag. But I admit it's the weakest game from the lack of story and features, while it's one of my favorites, in terms of quantity of content I have to put it relatively low somewhere.

The one thing about Unity I like though that none of the other games has is the sheer amount of customization it offered for your Assassin's Robes, Unity obviously beats everything else in that one small department. The city and environment were some of the most beautifully crafted visually in the series as well. I really didn't want to put it that low, but I have to consider how elsewhere the game was lacking in content in terms of side activities, number of missions and whatnot, they just weren't there in a satisfactory amount.

Also worth saying is AC 2 is one of my favorite games in the series as well, but I put it low for similar reasons. I put AC 1 high because it was the game that started it all, and for its time it was one of the most innovative games I had ever seen in contrast to what was available in the video games market prior to it's release, the game was a mind blowing shock in every department. But I would say most of the other games have significant improvement from the first. I personally think AC 1's combat mechanics were the best in the series though, counterkills where you tapped x when the swords made contact causing a counterkill animation to execute was an extremely fun way to add rythm to combat, along with power attacks, and of the counter attacks that have still remained with the series since.

My list would probably change if I thought about it more, though.

cawatrooper9
04-10-2017, 09:39 PM
Can't speak for Rogue or liberation as I didn't play them.

AC 4 gets the top from the Naval mechanics and beautiful Carribean Ocean and open world. That was a personal video game fantasy of mine, to see 1700's naval combat in full glory, and AC 4's take on naval combat was just that: glorious and fun. The Ocean open world was fully realized with stormy weather complete with dangerously high waves, rogue winds, andocean wildlife to hunt in the whale/shark hunting mini game, which itself was just loads of fun. I thoroughly enjoyed the Moby **** White Whale hunting pretending I was some crazy sea faring pirate hunting great ocean beasts, just a silly kind of fun that visually and mechanically, was amazing. This combined Ocean- open-world feature makes it one of the best open worlds I've ever seen, in terms of at least the game's features it stands up with the likes of Red Dead Redemption and GTA V, the games I consider the best open worlds of all time, thus far.

If you do play Rogue (and personally, I'd suggest it) I'd issue a friendly warning to curb your expectation a bit. It's fun, for sure, but lacks a lot of the charm of AC4's Caribbean. The map feels just a little less... alive, I guess.

That being said, there are some truly beautiful, little explored areas in Rogue that are a true treat to venture into, and some of the extremely optional climbing puzzles are hidden gems- I'd even go as far as to say that they're surpassed only by the tombs in ACII.

But yeah, Rogue isn't a terrible game, and if you're a fan of AC4, I'd check it out eventually. Just know that as fun as it is and as similar as it is to AC4, it's rarely much of an improvement on it.

BananaBlighter
04-11-2017, 02:03 PM
Honestly, I don't know how to put these games in a list. The problem is that there is just so much bias involved, depending on things like the order I played the games, how much time has passed since my last playthrough, the initial opinions you hear from other people. To make a fair comparison, you need to have played all the games in the exact same conditions, which is of course impossible. Just like a scientific experiment, you need to have controlled variables, an independent variable which you change (the game), and the dependent variable which you measure (happiness while playing).

I'd say my favourite is AC4. I think that I had the most fun playing it out of all the others, but there are many other factors not directly linked to the game itself that affected the level of happiness I experienced while playing. It was my first AC, so the process of discovering how the game and its mechanics worked as I played through it was a lot more exciting than when I played Unity for example, where I knew practically everything about the game before even touching it. Had AC4 not been my first, I probably wouldn't have this sense of nostalgia attached to that feeling of discovering AC. However I can't deny that AC4 was a damn good game. The stealth, while not as deep as Unity's, was better than any of the previous games'. The parkour and combat was simple but fluid and satisfying. The story, while not that impressive the first time I played it as a little naive teen, has really grown on me since.

When it comes to ranking the other games, there is another big thing I have to consider. A lot of the games in this series fall into two categories for me. Those that were ambitious but ultimately not that enjoyable, and those that were fun but very shallow. Take ACR vs ACB for example. I think ACB had better open world design, and was generally more fun to play through, but when I look back at the two, I have this sort of respect for ACR, just because it felt different (was less of an AC2 clone) and had a more appropriate tone and story. Same with AC3 vs Rogue. AC3 was ambitious, but the game's mechanics let it down, whereas Rogue had cool side activities and a much improved NY. However Rogue's story felt stupid, whereas I really like Connor and his journey. Again, it's a similar situation with Syndicate and Unity. Unity really nailed the three core pillars despite the open world experience being not so great. Syndicate had a really fun city to explore, but it was let down by the comical tone of the whole thing (not just the story) and dumbed down mechanics. This comparison is also like AC1 vs AC2. What I really love about AC4 is that it does everything well. The open world is fun and immersive, the core gameplay mechanics are solid, and the story is one that really makes you think and feel.

In the end I think it comes down to the idea that some of the games are more enjoyable, offering a more cohesive experience, while others, rather than giving a feeling of 'fun', have a sort of artistic quality which makes me respect them a lot more. If we were to simply rank these games by the levels of happiness experienced while playing them, then maybe the games that I consider 'fun' would come out on top. However if we go by how much of a lasting effect the games had on me then the other category would rank more highly. I think that this almost pretentious 'respect' thing I have for this category twists my memory so that when I look back I imagine having more fun than I really did. Our memory is really not as reliable as most people want to admit, which is the main reason it is hard for me to rate the games I played in the past, looking back from this present moment.

There are loads of other biases at work here:

When I first played Rogue I found it quite enjoyable because I was new to the franchise and loved AC4, so it being similar was actually a good thing. Initially I was hearing praise for the story trying to look at the Templar side of things, so in a way I kind of appreciated it at first. But then others realised it was really a crappy attempt at a Templar story and Shay's short story made no sense with his muddled motivations. People on the forums were complaining about how it was a Black Flag rip-off, so I started really looking at Rogue like this shallow cash grab. It just goes to show how much the opinions of others can affect your own without you really wanting to admit that you don't think for yourself.

When I played Unity I really loved the challenging aspect of it and increased depth to lots of the game's mechanics. Then when I came to Syndicate it was a real disappointment seeing everything that made Unity great get thrown away like that. Had I not gotten used to Unity's increased difficulty, then maybe I would've appreciated Syndicate's simplistic gameplay a bit more. I also feel that I have a bias towards Syndicate because it was set in London, where I live. I really wanted the game set in my hometown to be a great one, so I would always pick out the good things and try to ignore its problems. It's called confirmation bias and we're all guilty of only listening to the views that we want to hear.

I played ACB and ACR straight after AC4. I hadn't done much research, and was expecting the gameplay to be exactly the same (because the only other AC game I had played was AC3 which did have similar mechanics to AC4). When I loaded up the game and found the parkour controls to be much more fiddly (especially on a controller), the combat to be (IMO) less fluid and exciting, and the stealth to be practically non-existent, I was pretty disappointed. As humans we do not like change, and the differences in gameplay put me off, the same way that people criticise the newer games for being different to the older ones.

One of the big criticisms of the new games I hear from veterans is the lack of mystery and an overarching modern day narrative. This is something that I never got to experience because I didn't play the game sin order. This, along with many spoilers form the forums, meant that none of the cliffhangers and big reveals had an effect on me. Had I played the series in the correct order, maybe I would think more highly of the older games for their storytelling. There's also of course the bias caused by differing expectations. When I went into AC1 I'd heard so much about the boring mission design and all, so when I played it I was pleasantly surprised by the whole experience and actually had a lot more fun with that game than, say, AC2.

These are just examples of how factors not directly linked to the games themselves, can have an affect on my overall view of them. There are many more I am aware of that I haven't mentioned, and probably plenty more that I haven't identified. Even acknowledging these biases and influences on my experience with each game does not help me make a list, because I still cannot know how I would feel if hypothetically I played all these games in the exact same mindset and in the exact same conditions. This uncertainty isn't something I just experience when ranking AC games. It's something that has infected my daily life completely. The understanding that my judgements and memory are so heavily influenced by unwanted biases often makes me indecisive with a lot of things. I try to be honest with myself as much as I can, but it is hard.

All I can say is that I loved every game in this series.

socalgamer66
04-12-2017, 09:54 PM
So far I have played AC1, AC2, Brotherhood, Revelations, and AC4.

By far the best story line has to be Altair. Ezio is ok but Altair was a badass assassin who lost it and had to regain the respect of the coven.

The movie sucked unfortunately.

RinoTheBouncer
04-16-2017, 10:15 PM
ACL
ACU
ACS
ACRo
ACIV:BF
ACIII
ACI
ACR
ACB
ACII

Most to least favorite, from bottom to top :cool:

ajl992015
04-17-2017, 01:08 AM
1) revelations
2) AC4 black flag
3) syndicate
4) AC3
5) AC2
6) AC1
7) Rogue
8) unity
9) brotherhood

JohnnyPersia222
04-17-2017, 03:33 PM
My list would be something like the following:

1) AC 2 - The best total package in my opinion.
2) AC3 - I remember thinking I was going to hate this one because of the setting, but really loved the wilderness.
3) AC Botherhood
4) AC Unity - Paris is probably my favorite open world in any game, which bumps it up a huge amount for me.
5) AC 1
6) Revelations

7) AC4 - Way way down below for me. Absolutely hated this one. I've generally liked and enjoyed all of them except for this one.

I haven't tried Syndicate yet, but I will eventually. Rogue, I have no intention of ever playing as you could probably infer why. :p Haven't played Liberation either.

I have to admit that while I wasn't a huge huge fan of playing Desmond scenes, I miss the overall arch and intrigue that it contributed to the story. I'm a bit worried about Ubisoft's new-founded insistence of de-emphasizing the story in their games.

Tyrhydion
04-22-2017, 03:08 PM
1. AC Rogue - best package, most entertaining, did not get bored at all
2. AC Black Flag - almost equally as good, fantastic graphics and settings, but slightly too much exploring and collectibles
3. AC II - where it all began for me, everything was interesting back then; controls are terrible
4. AC Unity - very smooth controls, good story, overloaded though
5. AC Brotherhood - good story and setting, but too overloaded and time-consuming, terrible controls, puts me to sleep
6. AC III - good story, but full of glitches, impossible to achieve 100% due to glitched assassin, overloaded, makes me very tired
7. AC Syndicate - very dull, already forgot this game came out, maybe deserves more credit, because controls are not bad, but it did not stick with me
8. AC (1) - just bought it to complete the collection, but it really sucked
9. AC Revelations - an abomination, overloaded, complicated, a hot mess, camera angles totally suck and distract and the worst thing is that nothing got improved with the Ezio Trilogy.
I thought they would technically level up the game, but it is just a lazy resale bundle

not mentioned: AC Chronicles, AC Liberation - I never bothered to play them through

joshoolhorst
04-23-2017, 02:40 PM
1. AC Brotherhood: This game made me really like the Lore of this series
2. AC 2 Mostly nostalgia
3. AC 3: I used to play the heck out of this when it came out.
4. AC Revelations: Over the years I started to like it more.
5. AC 4: Not really fan of it Pirates and Assassin's combined + VR First Person Abstergo don't mix.
6. AC Syndicate: Didn't really care.
7. AC1: Good story but everybodt treats me like **** and to repetitive.
8. AC Rouge: Fanfic story and blag flag gameplay doesn't mix with me.
9. AC Unity: Worst travesty I have ever played in my live.

I might change this

joshoolhorst
04-23-2017, 02:42 PM
So far I have played AC1, AC2, Brotherhood, Revelations, and AC4.

By far the best story line has to be Altair. Ezio is ok but Altair was a badass assassin who lost it and had to regain the respect of the coven.

The movie sucked unfortunately.

Well that was random XD

Sigma 1313
04-27-2017, 06:57 AM
I've been working on a review of every game that would rank them for me after countless playthroughs of every one. Before tallying up the numbers and ranking based on that alone, I think that the order is:

16) Assassin's Creed Unity
15) Assassin's Creed II: Discovery
14) Assassin's Creed Altair's Chronicles
13) Assassin's Creed 3
12) Assassin's Creed Bloodlines
11) Assassin's Creed Chronicles China
10) Assassin's Creed Chronicles Russia
9) Assassin's Creed Chronicles India
8) Assassin's Creed Liberation
7) Assassin's Creed Syndicate
6) Assassin's Creed Revelations
5) Assassin's Creed
4) Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag
3) Assassin's Creed Rogue
2) Assassin's Creed 2
1) Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

Journey95
08-28-2017, 04:07 AM
Sure why not, for me:

1. AC2 (Still the best game of the series. The compelling conspiracy story, Ezio as a protagonist, the mission variety, the fantastic Italian Renaissance atmosphere etc. everything was better than in AC1. This is the game that made the series really popular and for good reason.

2. AC Black Flag (Wish Edward became an Assassin sooner but thats the only big complain I have. His Journey into becoming an Assassin is refreshing (as an outsider who chooses it and isn't forced into it/doesn't use it for personal reasons). The naval gameplay was awesome, the Carribean setting beautiful. this game also had the best side cast with characters like Adewale, Mary and Blackbeard)

3. ACB (Towards the end its really rushed but overall its awesome. The Recruitment and Brotherhood mechanics are great, Rome is well crafted, AC2 characters get more personality and overall its basically the second half to AC2. The gameplay was the most fluid in this game)

4. AC Revelations (Ezio is ridiculously OOC at times but Constantionple, the Altair memories and the ending really make it great. And Ezio does have some great moments but at times it feels like someone else wrote him. The den defense and bombs are ****ty additions but you can ignore them.)

5. AC1 (Altair's VA is bad but he gets solid development, the Crusades setting is still the most unique one of the series and the Templars were really interesting in this game. The Brotherhood really feels more mysterious and intriguing here as well. Overall its too repetitive to be higher but I appreciate a lot of the things it did).

6.AC Rogue (Shay's transition is messy and the Assassins are morons in this game but there is still some fun to be had with the naval gameplay. I mean its pretty lackluster but I never had any hype for this game so it didnt disappoint.)

7. AC3 (Connor is sadly rather annoying, just angry & moody all the time in the main story. His naivety pisses me off as well, he doesn't learn **** until the cut epilogue speech. Just wtf. The American Revolution is handled in an awkward way, Connor is basically Forrest Gump in this game.Haytham & his Templar friends who are the best antagonists of the series make this game bearable and I rather enjoyed the Modern Day sequences here for a change. The mission design is lacking as well)

8. AC Syndicate (Everything is a joke, no tension/stakes whatsoever. The twins are bland, the story is predictable and overall it feels soulless. Such a great setting is wasted on the most immature story of the series yet)

9. AC Unity (The absolute worst game of the series. Arno is the most pathetic protagonist ever, Elise is an annoying *****, everyone else apart from Bellec I can't remember because they were so bland and how this wastes the French Revolution is unforgivable. The gameplay is frustrating as hell too. )

strigoi1958
08-28-2017, 09:40 AM
I can only go on gameplay because I ignore story lines and cut scenes so....

If I was being objective

90/100 and over all ac games except Liberation.

If I was going on personal favourites which is more about content and personal enjoyment...

AC3, ACR, AC4 BF joint top

all others joint 2nd except

AC1, AC2 and liberations joint last

The last 3 are not bad games (again I have no idea of story, I'm just a gamer) but personally they failed to give enough enjoyment. Ac1 showed what was going to follow (great) but was a little repetitive (I never finished)
AC2 is a good game but the frustration in the tombs quickly destroyed any enjoyment the game offered me and Liberations never felt like a full AC game.

Bogues33
09-08-2017, 09:24 PM
Here is how I would rate them I have played each one multiple times. I will put my thoughts on each game below.

1. ACB
2. AC 2
3. Black Flag
4. ACR
5. AC 3
6. Unity
7. Syndicate
8. Rogue
9. AC 1

AC 1- there really isn't much about this game that I like. This one is the hardest game to make myself replay. The missions are super repetitive and pretty boring. However the actual assassinations are really fun but that is about it for this game that i like.

AC2- pro's: great main missions, great story, Liked the economic system in this game. Lots of main assassination missions similiar to AC 1. Assassin Tombs
Cons: side missions aren't so good. Not enough fast travel spots. Combat system was bad compared to other games.

ACB- Pro's: great story and missions. Best antagonist of the entire series Cesare Borgia. Side missions were way improved from AC 2. Borgia Towers and assassin recruits. Setting was awesome. Combat system much better than AC 2.
Con's: not enough main assassination missions. Map was restricted way too long. When you fail an optional objective you have to start the mission over need I say more.

ACR- I hated this game the first time I played it however I now have come to enjoy it and think it is the most under appreciated game.
Pro's- good story starts slow. Beautiful setting, Awesome tomb missions. Loved the addition of bombs ironically it is why I hated the game originally. Stalkers and other random events. Assassin missions more involved with your recruits.
Con's: Weak antagonists. This is what keeps this game from going higher in my rankings. Den defense isn't fun but you also can avoid doing it by lowering your noteriety. Side missions weren't as good in this game.

AC 3- Pros: good story line and twist with Haytham. Best modern day game play, Fun assassination main missions. The missions in this game were more challenging. The Wilderness. Naval missions.
Cons: Homestead missions IMO it just wasn't worth all the time doing them. You couldn't really craft good stuff till late in the game. Hunting got old really fast. Cities were boring. Connor enough said.

AC IV- Pros: Beautiful setting probably my favorite. Naval combat! Legendary ships were fun. Side missions were good as you could spend hours just exploring. Edward was one of my favorite characters.
Cons: overall storyline was kind of weak. To many tailing missions especially in your boat it just made no sense. Kenways fleet was stupid you had to be connected to wi-fi.

Rogue- Pros: Exploring river valley and North Atlantic. Fun naval gameplay. Playing as a Templar was nice.
Cons: Horrible story, Achilles didn't make a good enemy. Still liked him from AC 3. Game was way too short.

Unity: Pros: Most challenging game. Really had to plan out your attacks even in the side missions. Loved Paris setting it was perfectly done. Side missions were the best of any game.
Cons: They really botched the story in this game. It would have made perfect sense if Shay would have been the antagonist since he killed Arno's dad. The characters in the game could have been so much more. The game takes way to long to beat.
Syndicate: pros: great setting, main missions
Cons: Story, Combat system was too easy. Side missions.

Incognito000
09-09-2017, 04:11 AM
AC2 > ACR > ACB > AC1 > AC rogue

Haven't played the rest. Rogue's story was too simple and it just felt different playing that.

TeaDrunker275
09-09-2017, 04:58 PM
Well here my list of best assassin's creed :
1. Assassin's Creed 2
2. Assassin's Creed 3
3. Assassin's Creed Black Flag
4. Assassin's Creed Unity
5. Assassin's Creed

The worse to the worse from the worse:
1. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
2. Assassin's Creed Revelation
3. Assassin's Creed Syndicate
4. Assassin's Creed Rogue
5. Assassin's Creed Liberation

Pharaoh1974
09-11-2017, 10:44 AM
1. Assassin's Creed 2
2. Assassin's Creed Black Flag
3. Assassin's Creed Revelation
4. Assassin's Creed Rogue
5. Assassin's Creed

darklion2043
09-16-2017, 11:56 AM
1, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
2. Assassin's Creed
3. Assassin's Creed 3
4. Assassin's Creed Black Flag
5. Assassin's Creed 2
6. Assassin's Creed Revelation
7. Assassin's Creed Unity
8. Assassin's Creed Syndicate

jjabaa
09-26-2017, 04:05 PM
1. AC black flag
2. AC rogue
3. AC 3
4. AC brotherhood
5. AC syndicate
6. AC 2
7. AC liberation
8. AC unity
9. AC revelations

best to worst what i have played. sailing!

VestigialLlama4
09-27-2017, 12:16 AM
I much prefer separating good games from bad, and then ranking there...

Good games:

1) AC1
2) Black Flag.
3) AC3
4) AC2
5) ACRevelations
6) ACBrotherhood
7) ACSyndicate.

AC1 and Black Flag are the best AC games by a country mile, and the only genuinely great games...

Bad games.
1) Rogue
2) Unity

Rogue is the worst of all AC games, followed by Unity....