PDA

View Full Version : This is why Peace Keeper is banned in tournaments..

RROARGATHORR
03-30-2017, 11:54 PM
Sorry dudes, she's broken. There is no argument.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_8Dk3EU48w

Alustar.
03-30-2017, 11:56 PM
Right, so you take a player with sufficient experience in a game with a character he is less familiar with. He does well and you claim the class is op? That's like asking to play me in soul caliber, and I choose my least favorite/used character, then saying I won because my choice was OP?!
NO! I won because I play the game more. That argument is bad and you should feel bad!

Gray360UK
03-31-2017, 12:00 AM
To be fair, although it's suggested he shouldn't do well on a level 1 Peacekeeper, he is obviously a good player overall and he is very good at parrying and CGB, skills he obviously got from playing his other characters. He parrys better than I do and my Peacekeeper is Rep 6. The Kensei fights further into the video are a lot closer than the first fights against the Berserker who doesnt appear to be very good and the Shoguki who appears to be even worse. The Kensei kills him and every other fight is down to the last hit or his Warden team mate 'helps' him or his opponent falls over a ledge.

You see what you want to see I guess.

TCTF_SWAT
03-31-2017, 12:05 AM
This guys bout as smart as a stack of sticks.

CandleInTheDark
03-31-2017, 12:06 AM
I doubt the berserker player was as good as he is at the berserker, I met probably four or five peacekeepers one on one with the berserker, three tried to light spam me, against each of them the next round I killed them in one chain to give them a taste of their own.

Don't get me wrong, i think things need to be dealt with, I have quite a few posts saying that, but arguments like this don't help your cause.

RROARGATHORR
03-31-2017, 12:14 AM
You guys are missing the point... He and others are saying that picking up ANY OTHER CLASS for the first time does not yield as good results as with PK. Conq, Warlord, Noobushi, Valk..Even warden has a learning curve that will get you smoked for a while before getting the hang of things. PK does not have this.. You can be competent at any just about any other class and pick up PK and do far better than you should simply because of how fast the light attack/zone spam is. If you can't see that, and the devs can't see it, there's really no hope for this game as far as balance is concerned. Just saying.

TCTF_SWAT
03-31-2017, 12:17 AM
Problem isn't PK. But ok sure whatever you say. Again....bout as smart as a stack of sticks.

Gray360UK
03-31-2017, 12:19 AM
You guys are missing the point... He and others are saying that picking up ANY OTHER CLASS for the first time does not yield as good results as with PK. Conq, Warlord, Noobushi, Valk..Even warden has a learning curve that will get you smoked for a while before getting the hang of things. PK does not have this.. You can be competent at any just about any other class and pick up PK and do far better than you should simply because of how fast the light attack/zone spam is. If you can't see that, and the devs can't see it, there's really no hope for this game as far as balance is concerned. Just saying.

When he shows that, fine. I do not believe that, and that is not in the video, so I do not care what he is saying. With his parry and CGB skills I believe he could have beaten that Berserker and Shoguki on any class of his choosing. Hell I think I could have.

You could just as easily say the video demonstrated Kensei > Peacekeeper.

RROARGATHORR
03-31-2017, 12:19 AM
Problem isn't PK. But ok sure whatever you say. Again....bout as smart as a stack of sticks.

What evidence do you have to support your argument? Calling me stupid doesn't make you look smart. Back your claim up with facts. Why is PK NOT a problem? If she's not then why has the PK been Banned in tournaments?

Gray360UK
03-31-2017, 12:20 AM
He and others are saying that picking up ANY OTHER CLASS for the first time does not yield as good results as

When he shows that, fine. I do not believe that, and that is not in the video, so I do not care what he is saying. With his parry and CGB skills I believe he could have beaten that Berserker and Shoguki on any class of his choosing. Hell I think I could have.

Gray360UK
03-31-2017, 12:22 AM
Why is PK NOT a problem?

Because she was killed by a Kensei in the video that 'proves' she is OP?

A Kensei ...

Let that sink in for a minute.

Alustar.
03-31-2017, 12:22 AM
get off the unicorn fantasy concept of everything being a balanced static fairy tale.
Individual player skill will always always always ALWAYS trump cheap/cheese/button mashing players.
If you are going to argue against that, then there's no hope for you as a critically thinking homosapien. (It's like I did exactly what you did, but better) ;)

TCTF_SWAT
03-31-2017, 12:23 AM
Because people are salty. I'm not doing it to look smart. I just telling you....pk isn't the problem....once again. People ban things because they are afraid.

OH and....ok now get say...kensei gets 15 frames basic lights and 14 frame light chains. What happens to PK? Oh look at that.......at the bottom...congrats.

Then we have the other end of spectrum stating that the defense meta (aka parry meta) is too strong and needs to be dealt with. But here comes PK and everybody shouts because she's too fast.....

**** boys...make up your damn mind. Oh that's right....humans.....stupid...how could I forget. Silly me.

Alustar.
03-31-2017, 12:24 AM
Because she was killed by a Kensei in the video that 'proves' she is OP?

A Kensei ...

Let that sink in for a minute.

To help this I can parry the kensei unblockable attack 75% of the time.

RROARGATHORR
03-31-2017, 12:25 AM

As far as I can tell CGB doesn't do any damage.... Are you saying that he didn't spam light attacks to win those fights? Sorry dude, but a Rep 4 WARDEN (NOOBSAUCE) shouldn't be so easily beaten by a guy spaming light attacks, I don't care how good his parry/CGB skills are. That **** is broken. And if it wasn't there'd not be a ban on them. But hey, like you said. You see what you want to see right? Like how a goodly majority of the player base sees PK as the cheesy Creedaboos they are. Cognitive dissonance man.. That's all I can say about some of you people.

TCTF_SWAT
03-31-2017, 12:28 AM
As far as I can tell CGB doesn't do any damage.... Are you saying that he didn't spam light attacks to win those fights? Sorry dude, but a Rep 4 WARDEN (NOOBSAUCE) shouldn't be so easily beaten by a guy spaming light attacks, I don't care how good his parry/CGB skills are. That **** is broken. And if it wasn't there'd not be a ban on them. But hey, like you said. You see what you want to see right? Like how a goodly majority of the player base sees PK as the cheesy Creedaboos they are. Cognitive dissonance man.. That's all I can say about some of you people.

Ahhhhhh there it is. Just what I wanted to hear. Now the thread can be closed.

Lyskir
03-31-2017, 12:32 AM
Because people are salty. I'm not doing it to look smart. I just telling you....pk isn't the problem....once again. People ban things because they are afraid.

OH and....ok now get say...kensei gets 15 frames basic lights and 14 frame light chains. What happens to PK? Oh look at that.......at the bottom...congrats.

Then we have the other end of spectrum stating that the defense meta (aka parry meta) is too strong and needs to be dealt with. But here comes PK and everybody shouts because she's too fast.....

**** boys...make up your damn mind. Oh that's right....humans.....stupid...how could I forget. Silly me.

And why does only she has the privilege to beat the defense meta? raider, lb, nobushi and others have a fcking hard time against defens meta and light/zone glitch spamming ****

thats a problem good sir, thats not balance

Gray360UK
03-31-2017, 12:32 AM
As far as I can tell CGB doesn't do any damage....

I'm kinda worried you think that was the point about him being good at CGB, it really wasn't. Do you even play For Honor?

Look, you can't argue people out of their opinions, or make them share yours. You're trying to. Stop it.

The video, in my opinion (important part) showed a lot of very close fighting where the skill of the guy on the PK clearly tipped the balance, and even then not in all cases. He still lost, and in what, 90% of the fights he was down to 10% health at the same time as his opponent was. It was literally one hit to decide most of those fights. This is not a demonstration of a class being OP.

RROARGATHORR
03-31-2017, 12:33 AM

Defense meta is a problem, classes with cheese tastic spam are a problem. Connection issues are a problem. There's plenty of problems with this game. Hense why a **** ton of people are leaving until things are fixed. Putting your head in the sand and pretending glaring issues aren't real issues is not going to help the game. But you can believe what you want. This video just illustrates how much easier it is for some classes over others.. If the game wants to be competitive, it needs to be fixed. PK cheese is just one of several issues regarding class balance that needs to be addressed. So you make up YOUR mind. Do you want the game to do well and last a long time, or do you want it to die off?

We.the.North
03-31-2017, 12:35 AM
I saw 2 major things in this video :

#1 : The guy playing in the video is obviously very good, he blocked nearly 100% of the attacks towards hiim and even parried some of them. He would have won pretty much if he was playing any other characters in the game. Defensive meta rules.

#2 : He actually got hit at some point by the Shugoki and surprise surprise, the peacekeeper dropped to 40% health. That's a 60% damage hit he took !!!!! So ya, peacekeeper is crazy fast and does good damage, but she gets HEAVILY punished by a single superior block / parry + auto-guardbreak + heavy. Who cares if your crazy fast light attacks hit 4 times in a row ; in terms of % of hp, all it takes is for your opponent to hit you ONCE and you both drop to the same % of hp.

She is not overpowered by no means. The only broken thing on her is the zone attack spam during revenge mode, that's it.

Lyskir
03-31-2017, 12:35 AM
Defense meta is a problem, classes with cheese tastic spam are a problem. Connection issues are a problem. There's plenty of problems with this game. Hense why a **** ton of people are leaving until things are fixed. Putting your head in the sand and pretending glaring issues aren't real issues is not going to help the game. But you can believe what you want. This video just illustrates how much easier it is for some classes over others.. If the game wants to be competitive, it needs to be fixed. PK cheese is just one of several issues regarding class balance that needs to be addressed. So you make up YOUR mind. Do you want the game to do well and last a long time, or do you want it to die off?

damn right bruh

Denwor94
03-31-2017, 12:36 AM
get off the unicorn fantasy concept of everything being a balanced static fairy tale.
Individual player skill will always always always ALWAYS trump cheap/cheese/button mashing players.
If you are going to argue against that, then there's no hope for you as a critically thinking homosapien. (It's like I did exactly what you did, but better) ;)

individual skill will always matter but to beat a light spamming pk you need to be far more skilled at the game than the effort required to spam light attacks. to beat a pk you need to be able to not just block 400ms attacks but to also parry them often which is simply not possible on consoles currently.

TCTF_SWAT
03-31-2017, 12:37 AM
And why does only she has the privilege to beat the defense meta? raider, lb, nobushi and others have a fcking hard time against defens meta and light/zone glitch spamming ****

thats a problem good sir, thats not balance

I dunno. Ask the devs. They made the game not me.

RROARGATHORR
03-31-2017, 12:37 AM
I'm kinda worried you think that was the point about him being good at CGB, it really wasn't. Do you even play For Honor?

Look, you can't argue people out of their opinions, or make them share yours. You're trying to. Stop it.

The video, in my opinion (important part) showed a lot of very close fighting where the skill of the guy on the PK clearly tipped the balance, and even then not in all cases. He still lost, and in what, 90% of the fights he was down to 10% health at the same time as his opponent was. It was literally one hit to decide most of those fights. This is not a demonstration of a class being OP.

I guess we're not playing the same game here... assassins in general have the lowest health pool of any other classes. It only takes a few hits to take them down to a bar or so. The fact that he was able to win any fights right out of the gates mostly by spamming lights is the problem. Your opinion doesn't matter here. These are facts. If you go back and watch it you;ll see that several of his fights he had almost all his health.. So what is your point again?

Gray360UK
03-31-2017, 12:39 AM
Your opinion doesn't matter here.

Yeah I think on that note we'll stop pretending you're open to debate on the subject ...:rolleyes:

RROARGATHORR
03-31-2017, 12:40 AM
I dunno. Ask the devs. They made the game not me.

Ok, you can go now. Let those of us who actually give a **** about the game and it's overall success continue to discuss relevant issues. I didn't pay 60 bucks just to watch another game die off like you did apparently.

Gray360UK
03-31-2017, 12:42 AM
Ok, you can go now. Let those of us who actually give a **** about the game and it's overall success continue to discuss relevant issues. I didn't pay 60 bucks just to watch another game die off like you did apparently.

No you paid $60 bucks so you can tell people what opinions they're allowed to have on a discussion forum and generally act like an asshat, apparently. Bravo. Money well spent.

CandleInTheDark
03-31-2017, 12:44 AM
I guess we're not playing the same game here... assassins in general have the lowest health pool of any other classes. It only takes a few hits to take them down to a bar or so. The fact that he was able to win any fights right out of the gates mostly by spamming lights is the problem. Your opinion doesn't matter here. These are facts. If you go back and watch it you;ll see that several of his fights he had almost all his health.. So what is your point again?

In most of my fights against the peacekeeper I have had nearly full health, several times I have had full health having killed them in one chain with the berserker, does this mean the berserker needs a nerf or the peacekeeper needs a buff? I don't think so,I think there are a number of things that need dealing with or toning down, but arguments like that, again, don't help your case. Nor, on the other side of things, does blind denial that things like the glitch and light spam are overpowered..

TCTF_SWAT
03-31-2017, 12:46 AM

Do I care? Mmmmmm......not enough to address a PK issue. Minor issue at best. More important issues (balance wise) to look at then PK.

She'll end up like the cockroach if they nerf her speed. Why not nerf her damage instead if it's a really big deal (which it is to you obviously). So she trades damage for speed.....so that she still keeps on how she was designed....FAST.

Nerfing her speed goes against it now doesn't it? But what do I know.....I'm a nobody right? So...**** it who cares?

RROARGATHORR
03-31-2017, 12:46 AM
Yeah I think on that note we'll stop pretending you're open to debate on the subject ...:rolleyes:

There really isn't a debate here. Did you read my OP? My claim is there is no argument. PK is banned for valid reasons. Other classes might follow suit.. Anyway, I don't pretend to be open to debate. I didn't come here to argue philosophy, religion or politics. I am bringing facts, you are bringing opinion. Consider your position faith based.

UbiNoty
03-31-2017, 12:48 AM
We'll be talking about balancing tomorrow in our livestream and there should be some news about PK in there as well.
Everyone is welcome to their opinion here on the forums but please remember to share it in a civil and constructive manner.
When you start insulting and flaming each other, threads get closed, then nobody gets to discuss - and I'd always rather see debate rather than catfights.
Closing thread :D