PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 3 - PC Keyboard not working properly ingame, game flickering

IgNite098
03-30-2017, 11:48 PM
In menus everything is fine with mouse and keyboard

When i am ingame the keyboard is faulty. Nothing to do with my hardware or settings.

It also flickers ingame only. Doesnt in menu.

I've got a gtx 1080 and i7 6700 getting 140+ fps so hardware to run the game is fine

Help?

strigoi1958
03-31-2017, 02:32 AM
first thing I would do is verify the game to make sure all files are intact. I assume you have checked the options to confirm keyboard and mouse are selected and the keyboard layout is default.
Hopefully verifying the files will fix your keyboard issues... if not, do you have a controller or joystick or another usb device plugged in? these can sometimes interfere with keyboard controls. removing all usb devices (except keyboard and mouse) might solve it.

Also if you have used a controller before and have installed software to run the controller, that might cause a conflict.
Are you using a steelseries keyboard? I use that keyboard and one of the profiles used to start a keyboard mini game and stop the keys responding... for a long time I thought it was the video game, not my keyboard at fault.

As for flickering... I would turn on vsync.
Then use trial and error. turn each setting down or off until you locate the setting that is causing the flickering (it is usually an nvidia setting or possibly the driver).

IgNite098
03-31-2017, 01:29 PM
first thing I would do is verify the game to make sure all files are intact. I assume you have checked the options to confirm keyboard and mouse are selected and the keyboard layout is default.
Hopefully verifying the files will fix your keyboard issues... if not, do you have a controller or joystick or another usb device plugged in? these can sometimes interfere with keyboard controls. removing all usb devices (except keyboard and mouse) might solve it.

Also if you have used a controller before and have installed software to run the controller, that might cause a conflict.
Are you using a steelseries keyboard? I use that keyboard and one of the profiles used to start a keyboard mini game and stop the keys responding... for a long time I thought it was the video game, not my keyboard at fault.

As for flickering... I would turn on vsync.
Then use trial and error. turn each setting down or off until you locate the setting that is causing the flickering (it is usually an nvidia setting or possibly the driver).

No vsync isnt the issue, it only flickers when i use my keyboard to move ingame, nothing else
My keyboard is a Corsair gaming keyboard and no profiles need to load. My game is updated and verified

This is the only game that gives me issues, i have about 20 others games i use on this pc with no issues

Thanks for the help tho

strigoi1958
03-31-2017, 11:25 PM
I'm a little confused... is the game flickering on the screen or the keyboard... Corsair keyboards are very well known for flickering in games. There's a lot of posts on the corsair forum. When I had a k70 it used to flicker when I played gta v it was a bit distracting it use to be in my peripheral vision so I binned the keyboard.

IgNite098
04-01-2017, 01:13 AM
I'm a little confused... is the game flickering on the screen or the keyboard... Corsair keyboards are very well known for flickering in games. There's a lot of posts on the corsair forum. When I had a k70 it used to flicker when I played gta v it was a bit distracting it use to be in my peripheral vision so I binned the keyboard.

like i said, my system and hardware is perfect on other games. No issues on any other games. Only this
It flickers when its ingame.

strigoi1958
04-01-2017, 01:45 AM
yes but what is flickering?

Are you saying the graphics on the screen are fligkering? in which case it will probably be nvidia settings...

If you are saying it is the keyboard keys flickering... it is a well known problem with corsair gaming keyboards... for some reason they flicker playing certain games... if you only have 20 games... it may only flicker on 1 game... if you have a library of 500 games you might find it flickers on 8 games... it is a corsair problem.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=140309

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgrmUrTHBj8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cViQeLNqbrc

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/33rj86/update_for_corsair_rgb_keyboards_adds_168_million/