PDA

View Full Version : The balance patch we'll never get

YOGZULA
03-30-2017, 10:57 PM
Changes to fix the game:

Gear -

Removed item stats from gear entirely. Gear is now purely cosmetic.

Revenge -

Revenge is no longer is generated in 1v1 combat

4v4 modes - power ups don't spawn until 30 seconds into the match. The strength of the attack and defense power up has been reduced by roughly 50%.

Character balance -
General -

Guard switch speeds have been normalized. All characters will now switch their guard stances and be able to block at the same speeds.

Parrying light attacks and heavy attacks now stumbles your opponent for 600 MS. This means that you can follow up with an unblockable light attack, but guard breaks can now be teched.

All characters have been given a 500 MS light attack that can be used to start chains. The direction of this attack is dependent on the character.

Heavy attacks deal more chip damage through blocks (up to 8), but chip damage can not be lethal.

Characters no longer regenerate their last bar of health.

Characters now run 5% slower when unlocked per missing bar of health.

Warlord -
Headbutt has its stamina cost increased to twice its current amount and has more ending lag, making it possible to punish on a whiff.
Zone attack damage reduced by 50%

Conqueror -
Shield charge has its stamina cost increased to twice its current amount and has more ending lag, making it possible to punish on a whiff.

Warden -
has its stamina cost increased to twice its current amount and has more ending lag, making it possible to punish on a whiff.
Top light increased from 23 frames to 29 frames
Zone attack damage reduced by 33%

Peacekeeper -
Deflect damage follow ups reduced by 33%
Zone attack frames increased from 18 to 28.
Total damage per side stab off of a guard break is now 30, 10 for each hit.

Orocohi -
Deflect damage follow ups reduced by 33%

Berserker -
Guard break duration off of deflect reduced to only allow a light attack instead of a heavy.

Nobushi -
Zone attack damage reduced by 50%

Raider -
Side heavy attacks reduced to 50 frames from 55. Allows him to side heavy after a guard break.
light attacks reduced from 49 frames to 39.

Kensei -
Zone attack damage doubled
(it's 90 frames, people)

I am confident that these changes would be a big starting point toward balancing the game, but I'm also confident that they won't happen anytime soon.

Lyskir
03-30-2017, 11:23 PM
like these raider changes

but...angry pk mains incoming

Vingrask
03-30-2017, 11:26 PM
Glad you aren't responsible for that.

TCTF_SWAT
03-30-2017, 11:31 PM
I'm glad we won't get these changes. Horrible changes. Thank god you're not in charge. Game would be worse off the it already is.

UbiNoty
03-30-2017, 11:40 PM
We're having our livestream (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1618934-Warriors-Den-Livestream-(Mar-31st)) tomorrow at 1PM EST (sorry about the wait!) and we'll be discussing many of these things (like gear balancing, revenge, and specific hero nerfs/buffs). I don't have any details to share right now but we'll be discussing it on the stream tomorrow, so tune in! We'd love to hear your feedback again after you hear the changes.

corazondedelfin
03-30-2017, 11:42 PM
We're having our livestream (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1618934-Warriors-Den-Livestream-(Mar-31st)) tomorrow at 1PM EST (sorry about the wait!) and we'll be discussing many of these things (like gear balancing, revenge, and specific hero nerfs/buffs). I don't have any details to share right now but we'll be discussing it on the stream tomorrow, so tune in!

Do you ever have any details to share? xDDD Listen, most of us think that you are mocking us. Some of the huge errors ingame have been there for weeks and nobody instapatches them xD

And now about this thread: Thanks God that this is a balance patch well never get as tittle says LOL

Alustar.
03-31-2017, 12:16 AM
It's clear the OP has no idea what balance actually means. If these changes were adopted, his mains would -actually- be over powered. Lol seriously? You want to nerf the entire roster but The two you are any good at?

You only want to buff kensei UB attack? That would 1shot most heroes. Gtfo here with that!

This tells me all I need to know about the kind of player you are.

TCTF_SWAT
03-31-2017, 12:34 AM
Well he never addressed parry>Gb issue, nor teh Gb>heavy issue. Nor did he address the speed issue of lights to all character nor did he even address chain issues either. Missed so many things.

Then has the nerve to give raider a heavy after a GB..just a GB. Nothing else. No wall sutn, no knockdown...nope just a straight up Gb. But it's ok....raider's side heavies deal 40 damage...that's fair right? Yeah...yeah...you're right it's fair.

I'm sorry....I'm clearly to stupid to see things. Forgive me.

vikingpower1488
03-31-2017, 01:21 AM
Then has the nerve to give raider a heavy after a GB..just a GB. Nothing else. No wall sutn, no knockdown...nope just a straight up Gb. But it's ok....raider's side heavies deal 40 damage...that's fair right? Yeah...yeah...you're right it's fair.

Yeh as if heavy after GB would be fair, oh wait HEAPS of other classes can.

XImohtephXX
03-31-2017, 01:35 AM
No LB love? Even a Raider of equal skill has a higher chance of winning than the LB. For the love of god at least he gets a mixup from heavy that results in a stun.....or a dodge in any direction. I have to land a full overhead heavy which is only possible from a knockdown or wall throw (even that depends on distance) to get the same effect.

UbiNoty
03-31-2017, 01:37 AM
Do you ever have any details to share? xDDD Listen, most of us think that you are mocking us. Some of the huge errors ingame have been there for weeks and nobody instapatches them xD

And now about this thread: Thanks God that this is a balance patch well never get as tittle says LOL

Sorry. I wish I could share more but I'm not at liberty to share any details at the moment as that will all be discussed and brought up tomorrow.

TCTF_SWAT
03-31-2017, 01:45 AM
Yeh as if heavy after GB would be fair, oh wait HEAPS of other classes can.

Tha'ts why you take away the heavy after GB. You want that heavy after GB? Get a wallstun or knockdown. There you go. Problem solved.

Bukkr
03-31-2017, 02:02 AM
Tha'ts why you take away the heavy after GB. You want that heavy after GB? Get a wallstun or knockdown. There you go. Problem solved.

So you want to take away PK's triple-stab too?

TCTF_SWAT
03-31-2017, 02:12 AM
So you want to take away PK's triple-stab too?

Technically it's blockable. All they would have to do then is give it a proper timing on when to block them. Because right now you need to match your guard with the pk in order to block it. Then have to time it. And since the pk can alter the stab timing it can be made difficult. So say...in order to block the stabs you need to block in teh right direction all the time. So the only thing you have to worry about is the timing. Which with enough practice can be done.

I gave it some thought before (weeks ago) in that how they could keep the stabs. At first I thought lower the damage but that wouldn't work well. So I looked to the block mechanic on it. And it is most likely the best solution.

Seeing as how it's a DOT and doesn't kill you instantly (unless the actual stabs kill you but at that time anything would have killed you anyway). Also bleed gives you extra revenge on top of that (which I don't agree with.) They could also make bleed not able to kill you by itself.

teksuo1
03-31-2017, 04:13 AM
sounds boring.

Why not delete every classes from the game and leave only the warden. Now that's perfectly fair, and boring.

FumundaCheese--
03-31-2017, 11:54 AM
So you want Raider to get a side heavy after GB but not Berseker? How is that balance? If berserker pulls off a deflect he should be rewarded with a side heavy.

YOGZULA
03-31-2017, 11:59 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/62msir/heres_a_quick_summary_of_balancing_changes_from/

eerie, isn't it, boys? "Glad you're not in charge" they say

meanwhile a day later they announce that they're doing half of the **** I said they needed to. It's a start.

YOGZULA
04-01-2017, 12:01 AM
So you want Raider to get a side heavy after GB but not Berseker? How is that balance? If berserker pulls off a deflect he should be rewarded with a side heavy.

Berserker does get a side heavy after GB.

Deflect and parry follow ups should be nerfed across the board. The defensive meta is a cancer. The nerfs I suggested would make it so that you can get a light attack follow up off of a parry. Assassin deflect damage is huge right now and would be reduced to be in line with a light attack. Guard break deflect, for that reason, would also grant a light attack. It also still allows you to throw, which is a huge deal and can still guarentee a top heavy if you throw someone into a wall.

If you weren't able to see that most of these changes were meant to combat the defensive meta in regard to how strong parry and deflect are, then you must not have played much for honor

YOGZULA
04-01-2017, 12:03 AM
It's clear the OP has no idea what balance actually means. If these changes were adopted, his mains would -actually- be over powered. Lol seriously? You want to nerf the entire roster but The two you are any good at?

You only want to buff kensei UB attack? That would 1shot most heroes. Gtfo here with that!

This tells me all I need to know about the kind of player you are.

I main berserker and valk. Berserker only got a nerf and valk got nothing. Kensei zone attack damage is low and it's 90 frames. It's completely useless. I don't know why you think there's any bias coming from me

TCTF_SWAT
04-01-2017, 02:08 AM
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/62msir/heres_a_quick_summary_of_balancing_changes_from/

eerie, isn't it, boys? "Glad you're not in charge" they say

meanwhile a day later they announce that they're doing half of the **** I said they needed to. It's a start.

Half? didn't mention any LB buffs...revenge is still a thing in 1v1, gear stats are still a thing, Raider and kensei aren't seen. PK deflect is getting a buff (not a nerf like you said), cockraoch rework, knockdown bug fix, nobushi hidden stance retune, Didn't nerf the warden (as you stated). Hardly anything you mentioned was touched.

ThePollie
04-01-2017, 02:21 AM
Warden -
has its stamina cost increased to twice its current amount and has more ending lag, making it possible to punish on a whiff.
Top light increased from 23 frames to 29 frames

Haha. The zone-attack isn't even that great. It's extremely predictable and even a mere block grants a free guard-break, and it doesn't even hit that hard.

UbiNoty
04-01-2017, 02:25 AM
After the PK changes, LB was the second most discussed hero balance changes. It was also mentioned that the majority of changes discussed today are for the upcoming patch, while Raider, Kensei will be receiving changes in updates down the line.
Specific upcoming nerfs to revenge to make it less overbearing were also revealed in the next patch, along with improving hidden stance deadzone, a fix for the stamina knockdown bug, and some sprint speed gear changes that should help with the orochi problem.
We'll be releasing official patch notes soon before the next patch hits so hopefully that will clarify things some more.