PDA

View Full Version : Give berserker new zone attack

XJadeDragoonX
03-30-2017, 10:50 PM
One of the worst in the game. Definitely the worst in his class

Delectable_Sin
03-30-2017, 10:57 PM
Totally agree. The Zerker's zone attack is horrible.

XJadeDragoonX
03-30-2017, 11:16 PM
And you can be parried at the end of it

RROARGATHORR
03-30-2017, 11:34 PM
Zerk is probably the weakest of the "assasins" because of how easily parried his attacks are.

XJadeDragoonX
03-31-2017, 12:47 AM
Zerk is probably the weakest of the "assasins" because of how easily parried his attacks are.

I agree. He's my main and I almost habe him rep 8, but no matter how good you are, at high levels it doesn't change the fact that you have to completely outsmart the other classes. Warden for example has so many tools and a super fast and lethal zone. Berserker has no tools except his sidestep which is an easy parry

RROARGATHORR
03-31-2017, 01:03 AM
Yeah, the way I figure, if good zerker players have to be psychic just to land a light attack, then everyone else should be too!

XImohtephXX
03-31-2017, 01:29 AM
Try LB zone.......its not usable.......for anything.......ever

Egotistic_Ez
03-31-2017, 01:32 AM
It just goes on forever. Because that's what you want as a squishy avoidance class, to stand still for 3 seconds.

Delectable_Sin
03-31-2017, 02:00 AM
It just goes on forever. Because that's what you want as a squishy avoidance class, to stand still for 3 seconds.

Lol, seriously. Ubi "balance" ftw.

MrForz
03-31-2017, 02:38 AM
The Kensei's zone is out there too, although, sometimes it's so freaking damn slow that you'd ironically eat it in the face.

xKrazyFrogx
03-31-2017, 03:00 AM
Well guys, I agree with you, but you have to keep in mind. All character cannot be the same, cannot be OP, cannot have same skill, feats and perk. They have to be different.

Delectable_Sin
03-31-2017, 03:15 AM
Well guys, I agree with you, but you have to keep in mind. All character cannot be the same, cannot be OP, cannot have same skill, feats and perk. They have to be different.

They can have a different zone attack without having a useless zone attack.

Felis_Menari
03-31-2017, 03:39 AM
Try LB zone.......its not usable.......for anything.......ever

It's good for clearing out minions in dominion matches :)

teksuo1
03-31-2017, 03:42 AM
the good berserkers i've seen just feint a lot and it seems to work well for them. Looks kind of boring though.
Must be really depressing in the hands of a player who doesn't feint much.

Their zone does seem lackluster ; too predictable and long execution.

Simi_Xiamara_
03-31-2017, 04:11 AM
And you can be parried at the end of it
Can only be parried if you block the 1st hit

XJadeDragoonX
03-31-2017, 04:26 AM
The real problem is you have to get SO close to your opponents and when you're finally in that range, You don't have many tools. All the other assassins attack faster than you and have insanely easy combos. The pk with their crazy lights and zone. The orochi has a crazy fast top light that does the damage of a heavy and a crazy fast zone. And since the zerker is an assassin, you have to keep refreshing your top guard which is annoying. And the only really way to attack is to feint.

Aashtaroth
03-31-2017, 10:12 AM
Can only be parried if you block the 1st hit

Actually, you can still parry the 4th hit even after being hit by the first and its following hits; if you think it's not possible, have a friend throw a berserker zone, you get hit on purpose, and then try spamming parry towards the end of the move. Just spam it and you'll see.. As a berserker, it's not worth throwing the zone attack all the way because even if you land it successfully, you'll be punished even harder with a parry, a free GB and/or a heavy, and the shift of momentum. Not sure why the developers put up that move.

PinkFingerr
03-31-2017, 02:54 PM
I think his zone atk is good enough but the worst is it can be parried at the end.
this thing is so horrible. Just plzzz fix this zone can't be parried at the end coz even u hit faster than enemy but also can be parried so easily. Why ubisoft team do like this zerker's zone atk i dont understand.

Knight_Gregor
03-31-2017, 03:22 PM
I disagree. I think the other zone attacks that hit faster than light attacks should be brought down to his level. Zone attacks are meant to hit multiple people, not to be used in lieu of light attacks to confuse people with attack animations.

XJadeDragoonX
03-31-2017, 04:23 PM
I disagree. I think the other zone attacks that hit faster than light attacks should be brought down to his level. Zone attacks are meant to hit multiple people, not to be used in lieu of light attacks to confuse people with attack animations.

I disagree. It's easy to parry and doesn't do much damage. It's always pretty **** at clearing minions. I'll walk into a crowd as warlord and zone and kill like 12 minions. The berserker may kill like 6.

Whenever you start a berserker zone, there's a chance you won't go in the direction you're aiming. And if you Do, the berserker zone almost always trails off to one side of your opponent anyway. It takes way too long to execute as well. It leaves you more vulnerable than any other zone. And it does NO DAMAGE. Just the first part of the nobushi zone does heavy damage. When you have revenge it can easily do 80 damage or more. The zone attack for berserker does like a bar even with gear. With revenge a little more

Haemmerst0rm
03-31-2017, 04:24 PM
Let berserker have a spinning fast attack, like a pirouette with axes :p The current zone attack is thrash indeed....

GamerErrant
03-31-2017, 04:48 PM
Remove the ability to parry it at the end, add the ability for the Berserker to STEER during the animation, and slightly reduce the stamina cost.. that'd do it for me. About 80% of the time I line up on a neat row of enemies prime to use the skill, the tracking screws it all up by steering me at a weird angle then taking control away.. making me hit like 1 or 2 enemies instead of the 10 I was lined up on.

suboptiml
03-31-2017, 05:02 PM
I don't know. I've been maining zerk now for a couple weeks and I'm ok with the zone. It's not a reliable tool whatsoever, but it's a decent surprise to pop occasionally, or use as part of a feint sequence.

It just occurred to me as I've never tried it, but one slight improvement might be if you could cancel out of it at some point. It's certainly not so ridiculously fast like PKs' where this would make it completly safe and unpunishsble. And make the cancel non-queue-able so you have to time it correctly. I don't know, just an idea.

I really hope they don't over-buff our Zerks. I kind of like where we're at and our play style. It requires a lot of interaction and aggression. A lot of feints and chains and movement and parrying. But where these things grossly overpower the PK because of her speed, damage, mobility and bleeds, if you play this way as a Zerk it just puts you on equal ground. It doesn't overpower you. And thus winning feels fair. And losing feels like I could of done better. And losing to it feels like you were outplayed, not beaten by an OP class.

Plus we have the strongest OOS-knockdown punish in the game. But with a tight window to pull it off in.

I'm and average-to-decent player and Zerk feels like a skill-based class as is. Good, smart, class-specific-play style is rewarded. And I find it really fun and rewarding to play. Please don't overbuff us. I loathe the idea of us becoming PK-level op and then wanting to abandon the class because it's unfair to fight with and unfun to fight against.

Lionardudu
03-31-2017, 06:03 PM
One of the worst in the game. Definitely the worst in his class

Try the conqueror one before complain...
After that the Kensei,lawbringer, valkyre....this class cant use it as almost free heavy, cause speed.