PDA

View Full Version : A slight dilemma

Xinlyfenne.YT
03-30-2017, 04:26 PM
Hello,

I am the player that only does that thing called 'PvE'. As such, I've leveled up my heroes through it.

But now, I have a problem.

Matchmaking seems to take overall rep. level as MMR. So, when I tried out PvP, I got steamrolled. Hard. All I face are rep. 6+ players who know everything about PvP... while I sit there trying to block. I might as well not even be there, as I can't do so much as hit even once. Then they will say I'm bad - yeah, I know I'm bad.

Shouldn't MM take skill into account? I have no skill against players. If it does take into account WR - perhaps my PvE stats are included - that wouldn't make sense, as I'm decent in PvE, but could be the legit 'worst player NA' at PvP.

After writing that, I realized: is the duel population only filled with pros, and when MM finally lands on 'all skill levels', do I get put with them since there's no one else playing with my skill level? If that's the case, PvP would be really off-putting to new players. They would constantly lose, and never get matched up with another person of the same skill level. A person can only stand so much losing before they quit; or play PvE.

PvE is pretty decent, but it needs more content. We need stuff like the story mode to be fully multiplayer, or some missions. Stuff that a casual or bad player can enjoy, you know?

darksavior1977
03-30-2017, 05:05 PM
There are many that agree, for a game that seems like it wants to be an e-sport, the lack of rankings, detailed stats, or skill based matchmaking is a huge oversight. Although if reports are correct that the player base is shrinking you may have to settle for matches with whomever is still available, regardless of skill, or just enjoy bot matches.

I fully agree that it would be cool to see the story mode expanded on, I like the missions idea. I also think allowing people who have played through it already the ability to pick different characters to go through the content with would be fun.

That_guy44
03-30-2017, 05:26 PM
I've been matched with new players I have absolutely no business playing. PvP(especially in duels and brawls) will showcase mixups you'll never see in PvE. Unfortunately, if you level up against bots, you forfeit the chance to gain PvP experience and this game makes you play at that level.

Dmochu093
03-30-2017, 05:34 PM
I have similar problem. I want to learn how to play every character before I chose my favourite. I have now 5 characters witch rep 1 (5 account rep). Very often I am throwing in a match with guys who have rep 5-9 on single character and purple gear. My best warrior has 1 blue item. Its very hard to win a duel with guy who has purple gear. Its possible but my mistakes cost me a lot more than his mistakes.