PDA

View Full Version : Even more op warden. Please.

Trenk2009
03-30-2017, 02:15 PM
I just noticed that the already unbalanced warden shoulder bash takes priority over other vortex moves.

When shield dash with the valk into a warden shoulder, I am the one getting knocked back :/ Why not like with the gb, getting both dismissed when collinding ?

Gray360UK
03-30-2017, 02:20 PM
I have never been stuck in the Warden 'vortex' - I just evade backwards and their shoulder bash whiffs harmlessly through the air.
/shrug

Trenk2009
03-30-2017, 02:25 PM
I have never been stuck in the Warden 'vortex' - I just evade backwards and their shoulder bash whiffs harmlessly through the air.
/shrug

Ok, cool for you. What's the connection with my thread tho ?

MassiveD.
03-30-2017, 02:29 PM
Ok, cool for you. What's the connection with my thread tho ?

Actually Warlord, Conqueror, and Lawbringer "shoulder charges", all get priority over Wardens shoulder charge, not to mention they all quicker to do

I think by quickness they rank like this

1. Warlord / Lawbringer
2. Conqueror
3. Warden
4. Valkyrie

Gray360UK
03-30-2017, 02:36 PM
What's the connection with my thread tho ?

Seriously?

:rolleyes:

Is this a fingers in ears "la la la la I can't hear you" thing because you didn't get the 'OMG I KNOW WARDENS ARE SOOOO OP' response you were hoping for?

Should I have just said 'Git Gud' and posted a picture of a salt mountain then?

0/10
Must troll harder

Xaviloga
03-30-2017, 03:31 PM
Are we talking about vortex priority over vortex?. Man, i dont really care if we get caught into a vortex or we menage to escape, i cant understand how somebody can find any fun into kill an oponent using two buttons without giving any chance to move. People try to do it over and over. Again, its not matter if is possible escape or not, the simple fact you try to kill someone doing that is beyond my sense of fun. Put a 2/3 sec. colddown on that skills.
Sorry for my english.

Herbstlicht
03-30-2017, 03:37 PM
Are we talking about vortex priority over vortex?. Man, i dont really care if we get caught into a vortex or we menage to escape, i cant understand how somebody can find any fun into kill an oponent using two buttons without giving any chance to move. People try to do it over and over. Again, its not matter if is possible escape or not, the simple fact you try to kill someone doing that is beyond my sense of fun. Put a 2/3 sec. colddown on that skills.
Sorry for my english.

100% agreed :-)

Kaijudub
03-30-2017, 03:40 PM
100% agreed :-)

OR just learn to evade the vortex.

I know its easier to hop on a forum and create a post about it...... SMH

Herbstlicht
03-30-2017, 03:44 PM

Hm, i can evade it with PK and Kensei for example, i still don't know if it is even possible with Nobushi (only rolling saves me here). Warden has such a rich toolset. Why only spamming one move over and over? It is not that i want to take a tool away. I just dislike people can in some situation kill someone without the opponent being able to retaliate. And loss of control over your character for prolonged periods of time really really sucks. It is no fun watching as you are caught within this vortex helpless until you finally die. It is not how fighting works. At least insta kill me instead of vortex. Less time wasted :/

Xaviloga
03-30-2017, 03:46 PM

Or just learn to read. No matter if evaded or not. When you start a vortex you do it hoping kill an enemie without any effort, you are hoping to get a free kill. Again, to me its not fun.

Kaijudub
03-30-2017, 03:47 PM
Hm, i can evade it with PK and Kensei for example, i still don't know if it is even possible with Nobushi (only rolling saves me here). Warden has such a rich toolset. Why only spamming one move over and over? It is not that i want to take a tool away. I just dislike people can in some situation kill someone without the opponent being able to retaliate. And loss of control over your character for prolonged periods of time really really sucks. It is no fun watching as you are caught within this vortex helpless until you finally die. It is not how fighting works. At least insta kill me instead of vortex. Less time wasted :/

Warden has a rich toolset??

You mean he's completely predictable other than being able to cancel shoulder charge into GB.....

I tell you what, if you think the Vortex is SOOOOO easy to do and impossible to avoid, play Warden VS a lvl 3 Warden bot. See how many times you get that bot in a vortex.

Bottom line its called lazyness, easier to take time out of your day to moan about it rather than sit and learn the evasion.

Kaijudub
03-30-2017, 03:49 PM
Or just learn to read. No matter if evaded or not. When you start a vortex you do it hoping kill an enemie without any effort, you are hoping to get a free kill. Again, to me its not fun.

In your mind people think that, i mean you obviously know what goes on in everyones head so you must be right?

VS a level 3 warden bot while playing a warden. See how many times your vortex is successful.

Lazy

Gray360UK
03-30-2017, 03:51 PM

Does the intention of your enemy matter though if you can evade, making them look stupid, and then kill them, making them look even more stupid? ;)

I get what you are saying, and I guess it's just if you see the positive or the negative in the situation, a matter of perspective, but to me it's hilarious when a Warden is dumb enough to use 2 moves over and over, and I'm laughing as I execute them. I'm not lame enough to send them a 'lol noob' message over Xbox Live, but I'm very tempted to do so.

You've slightly changed the topic to 'is it lame' and no arguments here, yes, it is, very :)

Xaviloga
03-30-2017, 03:53 PM
In your mind people think that, i mean you obviously know what goes on in everyones head so you must be right?

VS a level 3 warden bot while playing a warden. See how many times your vortex is successful.

Lazy

Ok, ill bite. What is someone thinking when start a vortex and dont stop it until his enemie is dead?. what is the hidden tactical though behind that?

Kaijudub
03-30-2017, 04:03 PM
Ok, ill bite. What is someone thinking when start a vortex and dont stop it until his enemie is dead?. what is the hidden tactical though behind that?

I couldn't honestly tell you as I'm not psychic, sorry.

My initial reply still stands, go vs a lvl 3 warden bot and tell me how successful your vortex is... Infact any level 3 bot will show you how to deal with a vortex x

MassiveD.
03-30-2017, 04:04 PM
Even bots no longer fall for wardens vortex, if you do - git gud, you are worse than a bot lol

Kaijudub
03-30-2017, 04:06 PM
Even bots no longer fall for wardens vortex, if you do - git gud, you are worse than a bot lol

I would imagine everyone thats moaned about warden vortex has first posted about it rather than practised against a bot.

Epoqx
03-30-2017, 04:12 PM
Clearly you guys are warden mains, and u don't play it good enough.

It's not about shoulder double light shoulder double light shoulder double light.

It's about the mixup.

Shoulder charge can lead to 3 possibilites :

-Charged shoulder (to lightx2)
-GB (to heavy)
-Cancel (to parry)

This means, that in any case, any situation, the warden as an answer to something after charging shoulder charge.

U need to guess 1 possibility out of 3. 1 chance out of 3 to stop the vortex.

And ofc, all of this, with a super low stamina cost.

Stop defending your main class, accept the fact that that move is broken. To all the Warden mains out there, YES, they will nerf your class.

EDIT : And how the hell can u say to someone to practice the vortex vs lvl 3 bots ? Bots knows what move you will do the moment of the button input. You realize that if they wanted, they could've create a lvl 100 bot where u are absolutely unable to hit him even once ?
You can be sure that lvl 3 bots will know when you feint or not =)

MassiveD.
03-30-2017, 04:12 PM
I would imagine everyone thats moaned about warden vortex has first posted about it rather than practised against a bot.

Lol, touché, point taken :D

Marcrele
03-30-2017, 04:13 PM
How do I customize the bots? The only level 3 bot I've played is Valkyrie so far.

MassiveD.
03-30-2017, 04:14 PM
Clearly you guys are warden mains, and u don't play it right.

It's not about shoulder double light shoulder double light shoulder double light.

It's about that max up.

Shoulder charge can lead to 3 possibilites :

-Charged shoulder (to lightx2)
-GB (to heavy)
-Cancel (to parry)

This means, that in any case, any situation, the warden as an answer to something after charging it.

U need to guess 1 possibility out of 3. 1 chance out of 3 to stop the vortex.

We had a thread about this already, warden starts charging smack them with a light

MassiveD.
03-30-2017, 04:15 PM
How do I customize the bots? The only level 3 bot I've played is Valkyrie so far.

Custom game -> 1v1 -> select bot and level

Kaijudub
03-30-2017, 04:16 PM
We had a thread about this already, warden starts charging smack them with a light

See if he'd played against a level 3 warden bot, he'd know this already.

Marcrele
03-30-2017, 04:17 PM
Cool, thx!

Kaijudub
03-30-2017, 04:20 PM
Cool, thx!

Imo THE BEST thing you could do is spend a week or so playing against lvl 3 bots. Humans are way way more predictable than bots imo.

MassiveD.
03-30-2017, 04:20 PM

Cool, thx!

You're welcome, and congratulations for having the heart and soul for learning new things and getting better :) that already makes you stronger than 90% of all FH players, and one day will be the reason for moaners like OP to cry about, godspeed my son o7

Gray360UK
03-30-2017, 04:22 PM
Clearly you guys are warden mains

Hahaha, oh that old chestnut, well done, bravo, you sir win the cliche of the week award :rolleyes:

Epoqx
03-30-2017, 04:27 PM
"top light and you will stop warden's charge". If u played any other class, u'll realise that some can't even stop it with the fastest attack they got. Kensei top light isn't always fast enough in the middle of the combo (without counting the fact that u can cancel and parry the predictable top light). Oh and i forgot that if u just charge it enough, the super armor will take the top light from loooots of chars like if it was nothing, and continue his road straight to the ennemy.

So clearly stop with that haughty state of mind when u don't know enough about your class.

Kaijudub
03-30-2017, 04:30 PM
"top light and you will stop warden's charge". If u played any other class, u'll realise that some can't even stop it with the fastest attack they got. Kensei top light isn't always fast enough in the middle of the combo (without counting the fact that u can cancel and parry the predictable top light).

My best friend and playing partner is a rep 8 kensei and has absolutely no problem dealing with wardens, as they have this thing called "side step" Do you practice against bots or just get beaten by players without wondering why it happens??

Top light however wasn't mentioned, smacking them with a light was. Side lights are you're friend :)

Epoqx
03-30-2017, 04:34 PM
My best friend and playing partner is a rep 8 kensei and has absolutely no problem dealing with wardens, as they have this thing called "side step" Do you practice against bots or just get beaten by players without wondering why it happens??

Top light however wasn't mentioned, smacking them with a light was. Side lights are you're friend :)

Yeah top light is even more my friend cauz it is the fastest one. nvm.

If you where actually a really good warden, you could actually think about your friend, that always side step your charge, and just GB him.

See ? That move still got an answer.

EDIT : Apologyze if i feel aggressive, that aggressivity isn't headed towards you.

MassiveD.
03-30-2017, 04:39 PM

If you where actually a really good warden, you could actually think about your friend, that always side step your charge, and just GB him.

EDIT : Apologyze if i feel aggressive, that aggressivity isn't leaded towards you.

Sigh, wardens can cancel into top riposte, and spank you hard, thats why you must do sideways light. Wardens dont have time to cancel into parry and time it well against a sideways light, it will always punish the vortex making it useless, even bots do it nowadays, forget about that move, it only works on begginers

Kaijudub
03-30-2017, 04:39 PM

EDIT : Sorry if i feel agressive, it's not the point of it.

He doesn't have to side step me, as I kill people without having to spam shoulder charge. His sidestep and strike are still quicker than anyone hoping to cancel the guardbreak that i've noticed anyway. For me SB is much more of a feintable move that lets me know how people react to things, but thats just me.

Kensei's top light is plenty quick enough to stop a shoulder charge so i'm not really sure what you're getting at here.. Are you sure you are timing it correctly?

Gray360UK
03-30-2017, 04:43 PM
I would say, that in general the complaints about the Wardens OP Vortex died out after the first couple of weeks of the game, as people became more skilled and learned how to avoid it and counter it. There is always an initial flood of complaints about various classes and how OP they / their moves are, because let's be honest at the start of the game we are all noobs and don't know how to counter these things.

I'll let people decide for themselves what it says about them if they are still complaining about the Wardens OP Vortex now ....

Epoqx
03-30-2017, 04:45 PM
Kensei's Side Light is 21 frames, more than enough for the warden to cancel and parry. The side step light takes even longer.

Top light is generally quick enough, but not always. I tried vs a friend, spamming it like mad in the middle of a vortex, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Seems a bit random.

(still funny that the safiest move from Kensei's set, can still be countered even while charging shoulder with a huge dmg. But that's another topic =p)

Kaijudub
03-30-2017, 04:47 PM
I would say, that in general the complaints about the Wardens OP Vortex died out after the first couple of weeks of the game, as people became more skilled and learned how to avoid it and counter it. There is always an initial flood of complaints about various classes and how OP they / their moves are, because let's be honest at the start of the game we are all noobs and don't know how to counter these things.

I'll let people decide for themselves what it says about them if they are still complaining about the Wardens OP Vortex now ....

Pretty much this, the funny thing is playing bots has this negative vibe about it but that lvl 3 Warden bot taught me more about feinting than any human player could do. Personally I have huge issues dealing with the Valk. But instead of whining and moaning on a forum about it, I go to custom match and dont rest untill i can 3-0 her with ease.... Still hasn't happened yet but I'll get there!!!

MassiveD.
03-30-2017, 04:47 PM

Reported, stop trolling the normies, youll hurt their itty bitty feelies

:D :D

Epoqx
03-30-2017, 04:49 PM
Bots got patterns. The patterns you learn to counter vs lvl 3 bots, are absolutely different from good human players. Like if good human players jump top heavy with PK a lot... ;)

MassiveD.
03-30-2017, 04:50 PM
Pretty much this, the funny thing is playing bots has this negative vibe about it but that lvl 3 Warden bot taught me more about feinting than any human player could do. Personally I have huge issues dealing with the Valk. But instead of whining and moaning on a forum about it, I go to custom match and dont rest untill i can 3-0 her with ease.... Still hasn't happened yet but I'll get there!!!

Let me give you a tip for fighting valk, dont parry her first few lights, wait for good safe moment, and if you are getting hit - count in your head how many times, dodge after second light and u will always avoid the sweep, punish hard with gb

Kaijudub
03-30-2017, 04:52 PM
Let me give you a tip for fighting valk, dont parry her first few lights, wait for good safe moment, and if you are getting hit - count in your head how many times, dodge after second light and u will always avoid the sweep, punish hard with gb

I just cant seem to ever get that first 50/50 light or shield bash guess right no matter how hard i try lol! I'm able to parry most other lights even being on PS4 but Valk i just block and hope for a gb moment lol!!

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
03-30-2017, 05:00 PM
Actually Warlord, Conqueror, and Lawbringer "shoulder charges", all get priority over Wardens shoulder charge, not to mention they all quicker to do

I think by quickness they rank like this

1. Warlord / Lawbringer
2. Conqueror
3. Warden
4. Valkyrie

O can only speak for LB here, but if they both trigger their actual charge at the same time, Warden will have priority.