PDA

View Full Version : Broken Comunity

ninjacut
03-30-2017, 10:06 AM
Hi everyone,

I realy have to say something about the comunity. I think its realy disturbing how extrem there are some players hating about everything. I mean: Yeah, the game has a lot of bugs, errors, etc. but which game in the modern time doesn't do so or has to be balanced/fixed in general after launch?

Me in my case just play along with how the game is right now and keep waiting until its getting better and better. I mean, its an ongoing process which we have to go through until its a game which fits evereyones expectations.

Sorry, if I step on anyones foot right now when I have to defend Ubisoft a bit in that case. But what else shall we do than being patient and wait?

Is there anyone who thinkthe same as I am?
Otherwise feel free to tell me your opinion.

LG,

ninjacut :cool:

Ulrichvonbek111
03-30-2017, 10:12 AM
Well said,,
Yes we who are many know that this game shall get better and better..For now,,For the future,,For Honor.

chiller2k3
03-30-2017, 10:15 AM
Most of the community just have to mature and learn patience... But many games have this problem :S

ninjacut
03-30-2017, 10:34 AM
@Ulrichvonbek111: Thanks, my fellow brother of the Emperors Empire. We just have to wait until the time is right.

@chiller2k3: Yeah, thats true. Hopefully there will be some news soon about how it's going on.

Divinefist4256
03-30-2017, 10:41 AM
This is the kind of thinking that I like to see. When I look around the forum recently, all I see is either complaints or people trying to organize a mass exodus, just to prove a point. It is that kind of petty behavior that ruins the fun, so it is nice to see some positivity.

ninjacut
03-30-2017, 11:00 AM
Yes, thats right. I just thought it has to be said and Ubisoft will be doing its best to get their game together while we just have to wait.

SuperJoule
03-30-2017, 11:03 AM
I'd rather just go back in time and not buy this absolutely broken trash game.
But, since I can't do that, I'm gonna complain and play less and less and be appaled by the level of sheer amateur level design.

Viruletic
03-30-2017, 11:07 AM
I just want to be able to play multiple games in a row without disconnecting and not having to hit matchmaking about 10 times to actually get into a game.

For 60 bucks the least they could do is have a working game, I love this game but it's so infuriating to not be able to play it properly.

ninjacut
03-30-2017, 11:09 AM
@SuperJoule: Okay, well thats a kind of waiting for betterment, too...I guess :D

@Viruletic: Well, on which platform do you play? In my case, I play on PS4 and have to admit, that the connectivity has improved since launch...while there were about 3 out of 5 DCs after launch, I maybe get 2 out of 10 matches where I get booted right now...which is an improvement so far.

Viruletic
03-30-2017, 11:16 AM
@SuperJoule: Okay, well thats a kind of waiting for betterment, too...I guess :D

@Viruletic: Well, on which platform do you play? In my case, I play on PS4 and have to admit, that the connectivity has improved since launch...while there were about 3 out of 5 DCs after launch, I maybe get 2 out of 10 matches where I get booted right now...which is an improvement so far.

Xbox one, with 150mbps hardline Internet and constant open NAT. Some days are great, other days are bad. The disconnects have been slightly better overall, but hitting matchmaking about 10 times and getting error messages 9/10 times is very discouraging.

Not to mention whenever my buddies get on with me, which they rarely do to begin with, they shortly quit after DCs because they "don't want to waste their time" and move on to a different game.

ninjacut
03-30-2017, 11:30 AM
Okay, thats strange...on ps4 I never got to hit the matchmaking several times until it works. Just have to wait about a minute or two until a match is found.

Xaviloga
03-30-2017, 11:41 AM
If the game is for free, then is no problem. If You sell a game at highest price then i expect a high quality product. Many people cant even play the game.

We are going to the 2nd month and Ubisoft did nothing, absolute nothing. No better connection, no better balance, nothing. I dont really know from where come all your hopes that Ubisoft will make the game better or fix anything. Your hopes comes from your own wishes, if you ask me.

And we come here, and complain because we had our hopes on the game too, and we wanted to believe. We loved the idea, how the game feels. etc, but too many things to improve and i dont see Ubisoft doing anything.

chiller2k3
03-30-2017, 11:45 AM
The discussion here is not connection issues yet again. There are 1000 other threads already open where you can discuss this over and over and over again..
Teachers, LEAVE THIS THREAD ALONE! *sing*

ninjacut
03-30-2017, 12:02 PM
Well there were hotfixes and patches. So Ubisoft IS doing something. But for greater things to improve the game I think they don't want to interrupt the ongoing of the faction war (while I garantee you there would be some people that would complain about that), so after the season, there have to come at least any improvements to the game, besides the new contents (maps, game modes, characters) they've promised.

Right now the game runs quite stable for me, got no realy anoying problems, besides some combo spammers, but hey...there are always unskilled ones who have to use those...even in other games.

My hopes, yeah maybe they're coming from my own wishes, but I think its useless to complain about all the same topics again an again. Ubisoft is surely aware of the problems, even if they don't really inform us about what they are currently working on, but hey, they do...

falchchr
03-30-2017, 12:18 PM
Yeah maybe Ubisoft is doing something, but just look at how long it took them to fix Rainbow Six Siege, that game was stale and didn't do well until November last year....it took them 1 year, 1 year to fix it.

The Division, was good, then got screwed royally and there was no response from anyone for a long time, akin to what we see now with For Honor. They had a redemption around January but it's still a bland game.

Now, For Honor has been bleeding players faster than both of these games and hasn't peaked over 10k in almost a month, for a game thats not even 2 months old its bad, very, very bad. If this goes on any further we will have a new No Man's Sky trend going.

This game will die out if they don't fix things and step up their game ASAP. Tekken 7 is released in June, this game will die out.

ninjacut
03-30-2017, 12:31 PM
For Honor and No Mans Sky are not realy compareable..As For Honor has fixable issues while No Mans Sky never had the game mechanics the've promoted before launch. I think there will be more player coming back to For Honor when there is the real first DLC and more patches for issues.

But I would never asume that For Honor is shut down within so short time. As I said earlier its an ongoing process we hace to go through until its more likly the game many has wished it to be.

Gray360UK
03-30-2017, 12:45 PM
This is an extremely negative, toxic community in general. I have honestly never seen so many haters on a forum, many of whom are happy to declare they are not even playing the game. I know there are issues and problems, and everyone is entitled to voice their complaints, of course, but personally once I had made my issues clear, I wouldn't hang around for weeks posting more comments every day trash talking the game, the company and the players. Overall visiting these forums on a daily basis is a pretty miserable experience. Some of us are trying to be positive and keep things in perspective, and if you are one of those, then welcome to the club. Just to warn you, we are badly outnumbered and the pay is terrible ;)

ninjacut
03-30-2017, 12:53 PM
This is an extremely negative, toxic community in general. I have honestly never seen so many haters on a forum, many of whom are happy to declare they are not even playing the game. I know there are issues and problems, and everyone is entitled to voice their complaints, of course, but personally once I had made my issues clear, I wouldn't hang around for weeks posting more comments every day trash talking the game, the company and the players. Overall visiting these forums on a daily basis is a pretty miserable experience. Some of us are trying to be positive and keep things in perspective, and if you are one of those, then welcome to the club. Just to warn you, we are badly outnumbered and the pay is terrible ;)

Absolutly! :D

falchchr
03-30-2017, 12:55 PM
I hope this game survives, i enjoy playing it but can't be arsed for more than a few matches because you always meet the same people, over and over.

I must also admit i lost hope when seeing the steel prices for everything, and then realising i will probably reach that in 10 years seeing as im not someone who play's 24/7 and can reach it in 2 years.
And last, when you go week after week and there are CLEARLY issues with the game and there is no response at all...you feel like nothing is going to happen at all....this is the first game im about to give up on ever....its just sad

ninjacut
03-30-2017, 01:09 PM
Yeah, I hope so, too. Haha, you gave me an idea! Would be a nice oppotunity for a nemesis system were players who've already met get marked for each other in a match, can even compare their ongoing fighting statistic against each other or something like that :D

Because of the steel prices...well I got shocked on first sight...but I never had planned to unlock really everything for every character only the things I want to unlock so its more like the devs had planed the game to be (like they said). By now I'm playing my orochi straight through and collect a whole lot of materials and steel for upcoming characters I might play or new equipment for my orochi

falchchr
03-30-2017, 01:29 PM
Yeah, it was not my intention to unlock everything either since i know that im not good enough with certain heroes to actually bother playing them. But the point is, they said that there was no intention for players to unlock everything, so when players have that intention and voices their concerns and those concerns burst out of our little forum/reddit bubbles onto articles from gaming magazines....then it hurts you'r image...But in the end, Ubisofts image is rather broken as it is, along with EA (who are the worst), only good thing about Ubisoft is their opposition to Vivendi, which is nice

TheLastPandaa
03-30-2017, 01:40 PM
After 15 days and 5 hours playing FH, im still having the same fun i had on my first try during the open beta.
Of course it has several and well known weaknesess, but personally i have been waiting for a game like this since i play video games (1997) so i wont complain too much just yet. After all, we are still on the first month of its release.

P.S. Please, forgive my spelling. English is not my native language.

Gray360UK
03-30-2017, 01:42 PM
Yeah, it was not my intention to unlock everything either since i know that im not good enough with certain heroes to actually bother playing them. But the point is, they said that there was no intention for players to unlock everything, so when players have that intention and voices their concerns and those concerns burst out of our little forum/reddit bubbles onto articles from gaming magazines....then it hurts you'r image...But in the end, Ubisofts image is rather broken as it is, along with EA (who are the worst), only good thing about Ubisoft is their opposition to Vivendi, which is nice

It's a really weird concept to believe you can unlock everything though, and a bit twisted to blame the company when you can't.

I've played many many games where I wouldn't even dream of trying to unlock everything, where I don't think it would even be physically possible to do. I've also played other games where it clearly is possible to unlock everything, games that even give achievements / trophies for doing so.

Knowing which of these two scenarios is the case in the game you are playing is important. I'm just as stunned as Ubisoft no doubt is at the number of people who seem to think FH is a game with an 'unlock everything' model, when clearly it isn't. They are far from the only ones to make a game where that is the case, many many games throughout gaming history have been made with no intention that the player unlocks everything.

It is not new or a Ubisoft only thing.

Obdach01
03-30-2017, 02:40 PM
Hi everyone,

I realy have to say something about the comunity. I think its realy disturbing how extrem there are some players hating about everything. I mean: Yeah, the game has a lot of bugs, errors, etc. but which game in the modern time doesn't do so or has to be balanced/fixed in general after launch?

Me in my case just play along with how the game is right now and keep waiting until its getting better and better. I mean, its an ongoing process which we have to go through until its a game which fits evereyones expectations.

Sorry, if I step on anyones foot right now when I have to defend Ubisoft a bit in that case. But what else shall we do than being patient and wait?

LG,

Welcome to UBI forums. Check the rest of forums out, mate. They are all the same. GRW and this one being the most social one with the least insults and hatred.

Herbstlicht
03-30-2017, 03:13 PM
Oh well, i do not think this is a "broken community".
Like it isn't a broken game.
Like Ubi Soft isn't a broken developer, whatever.

Of course, it is a fighting game, people get angry fast, people vent. Or well, you listen to some music you love take everything and if this doesn't work - well, just take a break.

I recently startet out with Nobushi. Went to some duels being very clueless about this character. Most duel matches went on a relaxed pace with respectful emoting on start and went on for more then one match. I was literally learning Nobushi in one night while loosing quiet a lot against opponents that still didn't quit even if i began to take the upper hand - they kinda "allowed" me to train with them. Victory seemed secondary. That was one of many experiences I cherished.

Of course, i enjoy the larger battles as well. And yeah .. from a human perspective, they are chaotic and in the end kinda less enjoyable. Gear is important. Revenge is everywhere. Everyone trys to cheese as much as possible. Relaxed fighting just for the sake of having a good fight? Almost non-existent. Why would you do so when soon another one will interfere? Furthermore, i can not tell how often i have been killed by someone that tried to help me. Rushes in with some sweeping attack, i get hit in the back, my heavy that should have finished the opponent i just managed to guardbreak interrupted. The following heavy felled me thanks to another attack from my friend that hit me as well (some weird twirling zerker attack).

Anyway, it happens. It not that i would be raging about stuff like this or ending the match ^^
I honestly even dislike fully intentional disrespectful behavior even worse. Like some kind of emote spam where you can only think to yourself: oh come on boy, grow up. If you choose this place for some weird form of mental pleasure - fine, go with it, but not with me. These are the games i sometimes even leave. Because there is nothing to be gained from those matches. However, these weirdos are soo extremely few in between, they aren't a real issue.

So, concerning the community as a whole with priority to all those i met in the game: i honestly think it is between excellent and at least good. Like when my controller disconnected, my opponent at some point stopped attacking, and after a sorry from me (guess he guessed what happened ^^) he simply jumped to his death oO This kinda made me feel bad though :3

When it comes to the game. Well. I love it with all his flaws. Not that i love the flaws, i hate them. But i like the game so much, i still live with them.

Ubi Soft is another matter entirely. Not that i inheritly dislike them. But they really fail and managing this community. They are slow, sluggish, evasive. I mean: if you are want to be taken serious, you take your position, look others in the eyes and tell them what's up. You do not cover behind some void. You can give answers and give answers. I mean there is an incredible difference between: ah well, you know, we listen, we talk, blablabla as compared to: hey guys, the developement team currently has changed xxx, they are testing it internal and we plan to put it live within the next xxx - this is information.
It really is weird they aren't able to do it. I mean, it is a such a big and strong company. Can't they afford able personnel? This is something i really really can not understand, it is like they did the game and then outsourced it to a place where only profits seem important and everything else - well, not so much.

Still, i seriously hope they get a grip on themselves and push through. For me, the game really has delivered. And Ubi Soft is behind it, so my thanks there.
So, people, try to stay positive :-) I do so too ^^

Alustar.
03-30-2017, 03:15 PM
Yeah maybe Ubisoft is doing something, but just look at how long it took them to fix Rainbow Six Siege, that game was stale and didn't do well until November last year....it took them 1 year, 1 year to fix it.

The Division, was good, then got screwed royally and there was no response from anyone for a long time, akin to what we see now with For Honor. They had a redemption around January but it's still a bland game.

Now, For Honor has been bleeding players faster than both of these games and hasn't peaked over 10k in almost a month, for a game thats not even 2 months old its bad, very, very bad. If this goes on any further we will have a new No Man's Sky trend going.

This game will die out if they don't fix things and step up their game ASAP. Tekken 7 is released in June, this game will die out.
For honor hasn't been "bleeding" players, games fluctuate in regards to activity, that ****s natural not to mention it's been out for only a few months. And please don't link the same steam chart I've seen on over a hundred posts. Drops in player counts are more common in fighting games as lesser skilled and "fair weather" players lose zeal quicker.

It's a really weird concept to believe you can unlock everything though, and a bit twisted to blame the company when you can't.

I've played many many games where I wouldn't even dream of trying to unlock everything, where I don't think it would even be physically possible to do. I've also played other games where it clearly is possible to unlock everything, games that even give achievements / trophies for doing so.

Knowing which of these two scenarios is the case in the game you are playing is important. I'm just as stunned as Ubisoft no doubt is at the number of people who seem to think FH is a game with an 'unlock everything' model, when clearly it isn't. They are far from the only ones to make a game where that is the case, many many games throughout gaming history have been made with no intention that the player unlocks everything.

It is not new or a Ubisoft only thing.

If you've ever played an Mmo you would see the lengths some will go to for a full list of achievements and collectibles. The difference is those players aren't the ones complaining about time in game for unlocks. It's the people who -want- to buy the added cosmetic items and see how much it is for a full set.

Gray360UK
03-30-2017, 03:25 PM
If you've ever played an Mmo you would see the lengths some will go to for a full list of achievements and collectibles. The difference is those players aren't the ones complaining about time in game for unlocks. It's the people who -want- to buy the added cosmetic items and see how much it is for a full set.

Very true, and I guess my background in MMOs is what makes it hard for me to get my head around this concept of having everything, immediately, with little to no effort. No one has everything in MMOs. You pick the weapons you like, the armour set you want, the mount you think looks coolest, and just maybe you have enough time and gold to get all of those. If you're really nuts you might get several mounts (at which point it will occur to you that you can only ride one) and have 100's of spare weapons and armour parts in your bank vault. You still probably won't have everything and even if you did have everything for that one character, there would be another 9 or so characters on your log-in screen who would not have any of those things. No mount, an empty bank vault, level 2 character, iron sword, wooden shield.

I get that if you want to buy your way past the work / reward system that maybe things seems a bit expensive, but that's a good thing to me. If I see someone with a 7000 Steel Ornament on their head I'd at least like to believe it took something to get it. A basic failure to grasp the very nature of Prestige Items seems to be the problem, couple with an entitled lazy / greedy 'I want it all and I want it now' attitude. That attitiude would have got you nowhere in my gaming history, and I'm not keen to see it become a thing that gets results now either :)

chiller2k3
03-30-2017, 03:55 PM
For me, they all sound like little children in the supermarket that cry because they don't get all the sweets they want to.

Only if you have to work for your stuff you will respect and be proud of it. Some people don't understand this I guess.

Pope138
03-30-2017, 04:31 PM
I'm with ya, OP. Sometimes a game is released in a sub-optimal state. I blame this on the ability to rush a game to it's release date in an imperfect state and attempt to correct things with a day one patch. Don't get me wrong, ultimately games are better because of the ability to tweak and improve post-launch, but sometimes it means we have to wait for a game to reach it's optimal state. It's up to us to decide if the wait is worth it. For Honor is worth it to me. I think it's a brilliant game.

Alustar.
03-30-2017, 04:49 PM
Very true, and I guess my background in MMOs is what makes it hard for me to get my head around this concept of having everything, immediately, with little to no effort. No one has everything in MMOs. You pick the weapons you like, the armour set you want, the mount you think looks coolest, and just maybe you have enough time and gold to get all of those. If you're really nuts you might get several mounts (at which point it will occur to you that you can only ride one) and have 100's of spare weapons and armour parts in your bank vault. You still probably won't have everything and even if you did have everything for that one character, there would be another 9 or so characters on your log-in screen who would not have any of those things. No mount, an empty bank vault, level 2 character, iron sword, wooden shield.

I get that if you want to buy your way past the work / reward system that maybe things seems a bit expensive, but that's a good thing to me. If I see someone with a 7000 Steel Ornament on their head I'd at least like to believe it took something to get it. A basic failure to grasp the very nature of Prestige Items seems to be the problem, couple with an entitled lazy / greedy 'I want it all and I want it now' attitude. That attitiude would have got you nowhere in my gaming history, and I'm not keen to see it become a thing that gets results now either :)
When you break it down this title is really nothing more than a stand alone instanced oh combat similar to what mmos do, just mixed with more real time fighting mechanics.

In that spirit I offer advice from my 7+ years of competitive pvp across multiple platforms:
1 run with friends!!! You will set yourself up for frustration if you attempt to run and win continuously with "randies". When you group you have a much easier time coordinating attacks, denying key executions and revenge buffs and faster revives.

2 know your role!!! There are 4 specific classes each with their own role within a group. Diverse teams will always have a hand up on a match up against a team of all heavies/assassins/hybrids

3 gank or be ganked?!
First off, the term ganking is misused here, as at origin stems from when a high level player would knowingly grief and farm lower level players for kills. Ganking as seen here is simply fighting more than one opponent. You are free to peruse this pseudo-honorable play style of attempting to 1v1 in group matches, just know you stand a chance of costing your group the match.

4 you will get killed.
This is the most important aspect to be aware of. While yea, great/pro/god tier players can go matches and grab a 20-0 kd, but those don't happen -every- game. Deaths are a part of playing video games. That's why we have lives and respawns.

ninjacut
03-31-2017, 05:49 AM
I'm looking forward to the future of For Honor, really excited to know what will be added and all stuff.

supermaldo93
03-31-2017, 08:06 AM
Most of the community has left the game entirely. Forum posters are a small vocal minority that represent a very small percentage of the actual player base. So the criticism this game has been getting is well deserved. It's not in a good state. Things need to change. Technical and gameplay wise.

Delectable_Sin
03-31-2017, 08:10 AM
Xbox one, with 150mbps hardline Internet and constant open NAT. Some days are great, other days are bad. The disconnects have been slightly better overall, but hitting matchmaking about 10 times and getting error messages 9/10 times is very discouraging.

Not to mention whenever my buddies get on with me, which they rarely do to begin with, they shortly quit after DCs because they "don't want to waste their time" and move on to a different game.

Yep, none of my friends will even play. I actually bought the game for a couple of my brothers and only one will play with me. The other one doesn't understand why I waste my time on such a buggy game.

Games that are in alpha are more reliable than this game, and I'm not even exaggerating. Both Conan and Ark are more reliable and they're actually in alpha stage right now.

DrExtrem
03-31-2017, 08:17 AM
But why are the scummy players not leaving?

It feels like only teabaggers and cheesers stay in games and the decent ones leave.

I had one decent player in duels yesterday. His skill was on my level (matchmaking worked once) and he did not spam teabagesque emotes ir resorted to spamming cheesy attacks.

The rest was either spamming light (and only light) or headbut/dodge strikes/zone etc. and off course teabags. The matchmaking took an eternity and the lag was horrible. Skipped frames, shortened parry and counter-gb windows, longer animations ... etc.

But the long waiting times and noticeably different timings and animation speeds (compared to bots), partially heavy still differences and long waiting times suggest, that the player base boiled down.

Maybe its time to add more pve orders ...

ninjacut
03-31-2017, 08:19 AM
Yes, there have to be changes..but we just have to wait, thats the point.

You read complaint after complaint, after complaint in the forums mostly, but it doesnt change anything complaining and hating about everything. It won't speed up the work of Ubisoft nor would solve the problems within the game.

I just wanted to say, its sad how extrem some ppl are reacting and hating about a game which is in an ongoing process of betterment. :D just take it as it is now and wait until its finished, at least thats the way I do it right now :D

ninjacut
03-31-2017, 08:23 AM
But why are the scummy players not leaving?

It feels like only teabaggers and cheesers stay in games and the decent ones leave.

I had one decent player in duels yesterday. His skill was on my level (matchmaking worked once) and he did not spam teabagesque emotes ir resorted to spamming cheesy attacks.

The rest was either spamming light (and only light) or headbut/dodge strikes/zone etc. and off course teabags. The matchmaking took an eternity and the lag was horrible. Skipped frames, shortened parry and counter-gb windows, longer animations ... etc.

But the long waiting times and noticeably different timings and animation speeds (compared to bots), partially heavy still differences and long waiting times suggest, that the player base boiled down.

Maybe its time to add more pve orders ...

I know what you mean...at least you can show those players how its done better

fahla81
03-31-2017, 08:32 AM
I keep geting error report while playing story and multiplayer mode? Is it normal? Is something wrong with the server? It's look like cannot play the game at all... what a waste of money and time...

supermaldo93
03-31-2017, 08:41 AM

You read complaint after complaint, after complaint in the forums mostly, but it doesnt change anything complaining and hating about everything. It won't speed up the work of Ubisoft nor would solve the problems within the game.

I just wanted to say, its sad how extrem some ppl are reacting and hating about a game which is in an ongoing process of betterment. :D just take it as it is now and wait until its finished, at least thats the way I do it right now :D

Well the thing is people didn't really get what they were expecting when they coughed up $60-$100 on it. Patience isn't really a virtue when you spent your hard earned money on it already.

DrExtrem
03-31-2017, 08:42 AM
I know what you mean...at least you can show those players how its done better

Ok. The zone attack pk was funny. He killed me the first time but after that, I parried every zone (second strike) but he did not get wiser. Then he tried nobushi and used zone and upper heavy (vs. warden), orochi was next on his list. Zone attack and heavies ... then he gave the pk another try ... zone, upper heavy. He tried to GB me though and killed himself two times with the counter.

But he was European - at least his nick was Spanish and the lag was low.

I did not spam loop attacks or emotes btw.

ninjacut
03-31-2017, 08:50 AM
Ok. The zone attack pk was funny. He killed me the first time but after that, I parried every zone (second strike) but he did not get wiser. Then he tried nobushi and used zone and upper heavy (vs. warden), orochi was next on his list. Zone attack and heavies ... then he gave the pk another try ... zone, upper heavy. He tried to GB me though and killed himself two times with the counter.

But he was European - at least his nick was Spanish and the lag was low.

I did not spam loop attacks or emotes btw.

Yesterday I had two lawbringer tryin to kick me of the ledge at point C in high watch with their train rush attack (don't know the actual name of that move), was able to avoid al rushes and kick them of the ledge insted :D

falchchr
03-31-2017, 08:50 AM
For honor hasn't been "bleeding" players, games fluctuate in regards to activity, that ****s natural not to mention it's been out for only a few months. And please don't link the same steam chart I've seen on over a hundred posts. Drops in player counts are more common in fighting games as lesser skilled and "fair weather" players lose zeal quicker.

For honor has been bleeding players, it has taken a serious hit in regards to playerbase. Yes the steamcharts are not the "norm" but Steam accounted for nearly 60% of games sold on PC platform, rest is Uplay that leaves you with around 5k players....for a 2 month old game, i have no insight into xbox/ps4 playerbase as i dont own the game on any of those platforms. (Side note, For Honor is a different fighting game with shiny stuff that people can collect and an easier gameplay than other's)

Also, you can attribute the fall in players to other games which has been released, mainly Battlefield 1 "they shall not pass" ME: Andromeda, Switch with Zelda, Ghost Recon Wildlands and Destiny update...
The fact that Ghost Recon wildlands (mostly Single player) has more players online on PC than For Honor (Multiplayer) should tell you something....It is the recent issues this game has had along with the lack of communication for a time that makes players give up hope.

Regarding that MMO collectible thingy, those MMO's has a playerdriven economy where you can easily make the cash you need by just fiddling with the AH (or whatever they want to call it in other games), craft various goods with your professions etc. and thus buy said collectibles unless they are RL Cash gated. There is no economy in For Honor, you are bound by the mercy of whatever miniscule steel reward you get from matches and the amount of time it takes does not justify it.

ninjacut
03-31-2017, 08:53 AM
Well the thing is people didn't really get what they were expecting when they coughed up $60-$100 on it. Patience isn't really a virtue when you spent your hard earned money on it already.

Well, I paid around 100$ myself...as a trainee thats a lot of money, but I take things as they are. Of cause I don't like it when I get any of the known ptoblems while playing, but I then just keep playing and enjoy the game as much as I can.

Herbstlicht
03-31-2017, 10:12 AM
Concerning this "player bleed". Well, i do not have exact numbers. But i would need to lie when i said there are less players then before on PS4. Dominion, Deathmatch and Skirmish very often are "high activity", with brawl regularly being medium activity. Even vs PC modes in those 4on4 modes often are medium activity. I do not know how it translates in numbers. I know, though, that it often translates in rather good quality matches. Besides, i dunno what is up with the connection, but by now, i can play like 19 games out of 20 without issues. Things seem to improve for sure.

ninjacut
03-31-2017, 10:19 AM
Concerning this "player bleed". Well, i do not have exact numbers. But i would need to lie when i said there are less players then before on PS4. Dominion, Deathmatch and Skirmish very often are "high activity", with brawl regularly being medium activity. Even vs PC modes in those 4on4 modes often are medium activity. I do not know how it translates in numbers. I know, though, that it often translates in rather good quality matches. Besides, i dunno what is up with the connection, but by now, i can play like 19 games out of 20 without issues. Things seem to improve for sure.

Same here, connectivity really is better by now.

while I think, that "high activity" inicates, that there are currently most of the players online are playing this game mode...if there is a space in a running match or enough player searching (within the critics the matchmaking is searching for) for a match to match up with is another question, I think..

MrWTF
03-31-2017, 10:25 AM
Hi everyone,

LG,

It's okay, it's just a so called "visible minority". Most people are just enjoying the game, those who are don't bother making threads, so natually the "haters" are the only ones you see.

But rest assured MOST people aren't as cancerous as it appears.

ninjacut
03-31-2017, 10:31 AM
It's okay, it's just a so called "visible minority". Most people are just enjoying the game, those who are don't bother making threads, so natually the "haters" are the only ones you see.

But rest assured MOST people aren't as cancerous as it appears.

yeah, but I think it's really extrem how some people getting abusive about Ubisoft...thats quiet harsh

Mia.Nora
03-31-2017, 10:37 AM

I would completely agree with you if that was a early access game, or a free to play title, or a 10-20$ cheap indie game.

But when a company charges me the maximum AAA price for their game, I expect at least a working product, not watching the same error popping again and again for 2 months. I am glad that game is working for you. I hope one day it will be fixed enough that I may also enjoy the game I paid for.

Before anyone says anything Open Green NAT, always have been Open Green NAT. And my connection is top notch (200mbps fibre)

ninjacut
03-31-2017, 10:57 AM
I would completely agree with you if that was a early access game, or a free to play title, or a 10-20$ cheap indie game.

But when a company charges me the maximum AAA price for their game, I expect at least a working product, not watching the same error popping again and again for 2 months. I am glad that game is working for you. I hope one day it will be fixed enough that I may also enjoy the game I paid for.

Before anyone says anything Open Green NAT, always have been Open Green NAT. And my connection is top notch (200mbps fibre)

Thats realy strange, while I have about 50mbps and have a really enjoyable gameplay...hmm well, hopefully it will get better for everyone in the future because its a really nice game with high potential.