PDA

View Full Version : The so called "afk crackdown" ubisoft made a whole article about is a ****ing JOKE

God.Tier.Meme
03-30-2017, 06:24 AM
So when ubisoft said they were gonna deal with afkers in dominion vs AI was that just some ****ing joke? I still see people afking all the time and you would think ok me and the player here will report him too and that should get ubiis attention. SIKE. These people will still be playing days, weeks, god iI bet Month and they wont get penalized. its great to see that whatever ubi says should be taken with a grain of salt because all I can say is that words don't mean anything if you can't back them up. So UBI pls For the love god how about yall actually "crackdown on afkers instead of telling plain old lies.

[Removed]
[Removed]

A picture of a famous afker ive seen ALL WEEEEEEK

cragar212
03-30-2017, 06:38 AM
Yeah Ubi is just a joke. How tough would it be to detect someone getting 0 points multiple games in a row ffs.

Egotistic_Ez
03-30-2017, 07:29 AM
Welcome to the woes of being an Ubisoft customer. For Honor is the first Ubi game I've bought in a decade and I won't be buying another one for at least another decade.

Frappenstain
03-30-2017, 07:57 AM
What kind of actions are you waiting? Stop flaming all your hate to producer. If a ****face entering match and beeing afk all the time, it's not Ubi's fault. You can't blame them for it. Also you can't expect they will watch every game and seek AFK's. Stop the mindless hate train. Yes, game have alot of flaws rightnow but generally its a decent game. Classes are balanced, performance is good, i see no dc's lately and everthing going to better. When i look forums it's generally curse this, curse that, **** ubi.... Get your **** together. It's a game. Players are looking like stupid toddler on his candy tantrum....

cragar212
03-30-2017, 08:01 AM
What kind of actions are you waiting? Stop flaming all your hate to producer. If a ****face entering match and beeing afk all the time, it's not Ubi's fault. You can't blame them for it. Also you can't expect they will watch every game and seek AFK's. Stop the mindless hate train. Yes, game have alot of flaws rightnow but generally its a decent game. Classes are balanced, performance is good, i see no dc's lately and everthing going to better. When i look forums it's generally curse this, curse that, **** ubi.... Get your **** together. It's a game. Players are looking like stupid toddler on his candy tantrum....

Hmm definitely seems like you're the one throwing the tantrum kid

Frappenstain
03-30-2017, 09:09 AM
Hmm definitely seems like you're the one throwing the tantrum kid
Oh, sorry mom. Ps, your 28 y.o. "kid"...

cragar212
03-30-2017, 09:22 AM
Oh, sorry mom. Ps, your 28 y.o. "kid"...

Wow the fact your brain is fully developed is just sad...

Frappenstain
03-30-2017, 10:15 AM
Wow the fact your brain is fully developed is just sad...
Wow... I guess i hit on the weak spot. Look at your attidue, it is inspiring! You just proved me right. I guess you don't have too many friends... You should go out and take some fresh air.

MassiveD.
03-30-2017, 10:48 AM
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Viruletic
03-30-2017, 11:14 AM

Actually it is their fault, considering game companies can create algorithms to detect most forms of hacking i.e. punkbuster, or easily implement a shorter AFK timer for combat/captures, or allow a report system that forces whoever was reported to go into combat/captures, or even more subtle monitoring a lack of score over a certain amount of games.

You know, features that 90% of triple A multi-player games have had for years.

And no, 2-3 characters dominating top level play with no other character even being VIABLE is not "Balance".

Frappenstain
03-30-2017, 11:37 AM
Actually it is their fault, considering game companies can create algorithms to detect most forms of hacking i.e. punkbuster, or easily implement a shorter AFK timer for combat/captures, or allow a report system that forces whoever was reported to go into combat/captures, or even more subtle monitoring a lack of score over a certain amount of games.

You know, features that 90% of triple A multi-player games have had for years.

And no, 2-3 characters dominating top level play with no other character even being VIABLE is not "Balance".

AFK players are dominion generally goes out and kill some mobs and return the starting zone. I faced minimum 20 afk's and they do the same. They go to mid and hit some and return back. Technically you can't ban them. Yes, it's not right to do that but they are playing. If they try to implement a detection system for it, alot of playing players will be kicked just they are playing bad and not able to do good. Game modes are short, player numbers are essential, this is divides this game from the rest. This will make detecting time fast and it will be cause alot of unfair decision. But an idea comes to mind, kicking can be an effective way to deal with or AfK voting whic detected player opened to election for kicking.
Just watch some videos. You can see all of the classes dominating all kinds of enemies. As berserker main, i killed every class in the game but be killed every class in the game. There is too many mis-used or overlooked mechanics in the game. Unless you master it all, it's kind of unfair to call game imbalanced.

Viruletic
03-30-2017, 11:42 AM
AFK players are dominion generally goes out and kill some mobs and return the starting zone. I faced minimum 20 afk's and they do the same. They go to mid and hit some and return back. Technically you can't ban them. Yes, it's not right to do that but they are playing. If they try to implement a detection system for it, alot of playing players will be kicked just they are playing bad and not able to do good. Game modes are short, player numbers are essential, this is divides this game from the rest. This will make detecting time fast and it will be cause alot of unfair decision. But an idea comes to mind, kicking can be an effective way to deal with or AfK voting whic detected player opened to election for kicking.
Just watch some videos. You can see all of the classes dominating all kinds of enemies. As berserker main, i killed every class in the game but be killed every class in the game. There is too many mis-used or overlooked mechanics in the game. Unless you master it all, it's kind of unfair to call game imbalanced.

I've never had experience with an AFK that actually kills anything, so I can't comment on that. All of the ones I run into either have a rubber band to run in circles or just stand there and somehow don't go inactive.

There are a lot of game mechanics that get abused, which is why PKs are in such a God tier position at the moment, due to their light attack spam and ZA speed/indicator. I'm a PK main and understand how powerful a lot of these mechanics are. Most game balancing issues are bugs, but at the same time you have characters like the LB who need a kit rework to be more viable, or Conqueror, Warlord, and Warden who have spammy, boring movesets that basically become the only way to play effectively.

Gray360UK
03-30-2017, 01:01 PM
So have you actually seen the same people still doing it or is this just hypothetical scenario based ranting?

Personally I've seen a lot less AFK bots in AI Dominion. One in the last week instead of 3 per game.

Now of course, by now, if you have any sense, you'll AFK farm in Dominion with Matchmaking switched off so there are no players to report you.

It still baffles me how they thought a system where pressing no buttons at all would allow you to continue from one match to the next would not lead to AFK farming though. It's an AFK farmers dream scenario.

Viruletic
03-30-2017, 01:30 PM
So have you actually seen the same people still doing it or is this just hypothetical scenario based ranting?

Personally I've seen a lot less AFK bots in AI Dominion. One in the last week instead of 3 per game.

Now of course, by now, if you have any sense, you'll AFK farm in Dominion with Matchmaking switched off so there are no players to report you.

It still baffles me how they thought a system where pressing no buttons at all would allow you to continue from one match to the next would not lead to AFK farming though. It's an AFK farmers dream scenario.

I never see it during the day, but when it gets late in my timezone, if I ever jump into dominion there's at least one AFK guaranteed per game, especially getting closer to midnight. And since the playerbase is so low around that time I end up running into those same people consistently.

God.Tier.Meme
03-30-2017, 09:20 PM

Its not their fault hes afk I get that R tard but its their fault that after numerous reports he still isnt penalized thats my problem **** wad

That_guy44
03-30-2017, 09:29 PM
What's the issue with afk people if you are only playing bots? Bot dominion matches are pretty laid back to begin with.

Gray360UK
03-30-2017, 10:17 PM
What's the issue with afk people if you are only playing bots? Bot dominion matches are pretty laid back to begin with.

You serious? Getting EXP, Steel and Gear without actually playing the game. It's kinda cheating, do you not think?

UbiNoty
03-31-2017, 12:41 AM
Please don't post images of players or player names with the intention of calling them out as it goes against our forum rules. Report them instead. (http://ubi.li/3u5z2)
I apologize that you're feeling frustrated because it may feel like we haven't done enough, or cracked down hard enough on AFK farmers and I understand it's tough to run into them in game and have them ruin your experience, but please believe me when I say that we are constantly monitoring these reports and issuing warnings and sanctions as they come in. Our process for first time offenders is a warning (the leniency helps us to give players a chance to change their behavior as well as prevent us from accidentally penalizing players who were reported by accident) but repeat offenders most assuredly receive much harsher sanctions such as bans.

We hope to implement improved methods to prevent this kind of behavior in the future and your suggestions on this have been made known to the team, but we also have many other issues to address at the moment.
So we're counting on you to help us report these players who continue to AFK farm so they can get their due justice, and players can play For Honor instead of watching their teammates square dance. :D

Hiero_Glyph
03-31-2017, 01:43 AM
Please don't post images of players or player names with the intention of calling them out as it goes against our forum rules. Report them instead. (http://ubi.li/3u5z2)
I apologize that you're feeling frustrated because it may feel like we haven't done enough, or cracked down hard enough on AFK farmers and I understand it's tough to run into them in game and have them ruin your experience, but please believe me when I say that we are constantly monitoring these reports and issuing warnings and sanctions as they come in. Our process for first time offenders is a warning (the leniency helps us to give players a chance to change their behavior as well as prevent us from accidentally penalizing players who were reported by accident) but repeat offenders most assuredly receive much harsher sanctions such as bans.

We hope to implement improved methods to prevent this kind of behavior in the future and your suggestions on this have been made known to the team, but we also have many other issues to address at the moment.
So we're counting on you to help us report these players who continue to AFK farm so they can get their due justice, and players can play For Honor instead of watching their teammates square dance. :D

The irony here is that to stop the majority of AFK farmers you don't need improved methods, you just need to remove the auto-ready feature. Stupid is as stupid does though.

Urban_Madman
03-31-2017, 02:09 AM
The irony here is that to stop the majority of AFK farmers you don't need improved methods, you just need to remove the auto-ready feature. Stupid is as stupid does though.

They wont do anything to seriously stop it,their player base would drop by at least 25% if they actually cracked down on afk farmers.

MarkedElite
03-31-2017, 03:15 AM
Who the hell cares?
It's AI. If you can't complete a dominion AI game by yourself you're just bad. Plus, I don't even think bounties require you to win them.
Stop crying. It's the only way to counter ubisofts ridiculous amount of playtime needed in order to get items and levels. Don't blame the people who do it.

xLeapingLizardx
03-31-2017, 03:29 AM
Who the hell cares?
It's AI. If you can't complete a dominion AI game by yourself you're just bad. Plus, I don't even think bounties require you to win them.
Stop crying. It's the only way to counter ubisofts ridiculous amount of playtime needed in order to get items and levels. Don't blame the people who do it.

So you are telling us to not blame the people who join a game and leave it on while they go do something else just for levels? It's a ridiculous exploit that wouldn't be able to happen in any other game.

Something so obviously trashy and exploitive is really not defendable. It is not a matter of "Easy AI" or a matter of "crying". It's about an exploit that should not be apart of the game. We are addressing it and bringing to the dev's attention not "crying" (a word which everyone in this forum loves to throw out there). Just play the game regularly and EARN items and levels... That's how a game is played...

Simi_Xiamara_
03-31-2017, 04:16 AM
I could care less where this discussion goes but I'd like to state the fact they can EASYLY add a system that tells if someone got 0 points and punish them for it sooooo.... it kinda is ubi fault >.>

DizzleFresh13
03-31-2017, 04:48 AM
So true. I messaged a guy saying, "I'm reporting you for afk farming," and he messaged me back saying, "nothings going to happen." He then continued to sit there walking in circles for the rest of the match. Made me feel like a clown.

That_guy44
03-31-2017, 05:00 AM
I still don't see the problem. Who the **** cares. The other issues in this game completely shadow a player doing nothing versus some A.I. he/she payed $60. If they want run in a circle for 60 dollars let them. That exp won't mean **** if they can't fight soooo. If you want ban them, ban my worthless teammates in brawl making me get 6 ******* kills to win the match. They got exp for my work. Whats the difference?

Udonitron
03-31-2017, 05:49 AM

Uh yes it is Ubi's fault for not incorporating an auto kick when AFK.
Siege does it...games have been doing it for years.

Karma_Ghost
03-31-2017, 06:14 AM
Uh yes it is Ubi's fault for not incorporating an auto kick when AFK.
Siege does it...games have been doing it for years.

Except there is an auto kick for idle players. People are just circumventing it with constant input (i.e. pinning one of the control sticks to the side). That makes it an exploit. That's why they're getting warnings/bans.

A point based auto kick would likely unfairly punish players that are performing poorly. Imagine playing on a large map like Citadel Gate and one player tries to skirt around the edge of the map to the far zone, but gets killed before capturing. That player wouldn't gain any points over the course of a minute or more, especially if he/she tries and dies again. Also, for whatever reason, the idle players now always seem to get 20-40 renown (from breaking?).

Gray360UK
03-31-2017, 01:56 PM
The problem is making a game where no button presses are required to go from one match to the next. This should never be a thing.

No fancy solutions are required, just someone actively pressing button A or whatever to signal that they are ready to proceed, or else you go back to the main menu.

God.Tier.Meme
03-31-2017, 02:13 PM
Who the hell cares?

Like do you even think before you write like what you're saying is because I payed $60 for the game im allowed to do anything I want to it so I can use cheats, hacks, exploits and all sorts of non intended 3rd party softwares all because "hey I bought this game so its complete and utterly mine so I can do what I want". That is honestly ridiculous if you think thats an acceptable thing.