PDA

View Full Version : For the love of Christ, don't ever post the unintuitive orders ever again.

Agiel777
03-29-2017, 07:52 AM
Please, please, PLEASE! Never ever have those unintuitive orders on the board ever again. "Play five games as ___"? Fine, get people to try new heroes. "50 takedowns in Elimination"? Doable. "Complete 10 Brawls"? Reasonable.

But getting 20 executions in Dominion games? Kill 300 mooks? Eight final blows without dying? They have a nasty habit of encouraging counterproductive play among players

Popol5000
03-29-2017, 08:53 AM
Have to agree, X class only stuff is annoying enough, kill streak is brokenly hard and killing 300-400 guys in dominion is just stupid and promotes completely boring games.
In Dominion vs AI why not, I can bear with that, but in player vs player it is just stupid.

DKDNZ
03-29-2017, 10:13 AM
Your wish is command...

Now we have no daily quests at all :))

Gray360UK
03-29-2017, 02:26 PM
The only one that is ruining games is the 300 / 400 / 500 minions in AI Dominion.
Was in several games last night where the entire team was at the minion spawn, farming minions, while the Bots happily took all the zones and we lost the game. I don't mind people farming the minions, but at least do it between zone captures and while maintaining a healthy lead. Throwing the match and getting executed in the break with no other care but getting the Order done destroys the game for the one guy trying to play it properly.

DivineImpalerX
03-29-2017, 03:28 PM
Contracts / Dailys should guide / encourage Players to play the Mode how he is supposed to be played NOT afk farm 300 minions in enemy spawn (do it myself lol ofc) or get a KILLSTREAK (not takedowns lol) of 8 in a game mode with tons of instant kills and different gear etc. Those frustrating Contracts just create Leavers (if you die while trying the Killstreak one) and games become unstable or even crash.

Iuslez_
03-29-2017, 03:33 PM
^same with the "revive x teammates" last week. During 48h all you could see in vs AI dominions was people jumping down ledges and reviving eachother.

20 execution in dominion is fine imo. That's the kind of order you do without realising by playing games (or you dont do if it's a game mode you dislike :o)

Prophit618
03-29-2017, 03:49 PM
The only one that is ruining games is the 300 / 400 / 500 minions in AI Dominion.
Was in several games last night where the entire team was at the minion spawn, farming minions, while the Bots happily took all the zones and we lost the game. I don't mind people farming the minions, but at least do it between zone captures and while maintaining a healthy lead. Throwing the match and getting executed in the break with no other care but getting the Order done destroys the game for the one guy trying to play it properly.

It's just as bad if not worse in PvP. Every match is just a ******** in the middle as everyone rushes to try and get their 300+ soldiers, and if you're lucky maybe one person on each team will actually be playing Dominion instead of this skirmish mode with optional objectives. I rarely go 2 games without seeing at least one person proudly declaring that they are not there to help the team and only farm minions, going so far as to ask the opposing team not to attack them until sudden death so they can finally finish the mission.

This mission doesn't just encourage playing a map poorly, it ruins the map for everyone for at least the first day it's active.

Edit: If they dropped the amount of troops to something that you could reasonably obtain over the course of a few games, that would pretty much fix this, as the pushers would get theirs done early, and for people who want to get the order completed in the normal course of a game can just play a Vanguard and get it done while still playing the mode the way they normally would.

Supercool5150
03-29-2017, 05:52 PM

+1...Last night felt like I was playing Dominion alone...Eerie

RenfieldX
03-29-2017, 07:05 PM
People can be *******es on a bunch of orders. I had an Elimination match the other day when there was the 'Complete 3 Elimination PvP matches without dying more than 5 times' order, and our team had to fight the whole match 3v4 because one guy hid on the far side of the map away from everyone so that he could complete this.
'

Edit...really, ******* is bleeped out? Male donkey...jeez

We.the.North
03-29-2017, 07:13 PM
"Perform 20 execution in Dominion"

This isn't too bad when you're a peacekeeper ... her dodge attack AND her leap attack are Hvy attacks and allow you to execute. The proplem is ... I'm trying to level up a Valkyrie at the moment. In my last 10 Dominion games, I think I've gotten 2 execute off since Valkyrie's only way to execute is to GRAB + SIDE HEAVY. There are absolutly no other way to get that execute off.

blue23454
03-29-2017, 09:28 PM
"Perform 20 execution in Dominion"

This isn't too bad when you're a peacekeeper ... her dodge attack AND her leap attack are Hvy attacks and allow you to execute. The proplem is ... I'm trying to level up a Valkyrie at the moment. In my last 10 Dominion games, I think I've gotten 2 execute off since Valkyrie's only way to execute is to GRAB + SIDE HEAVY. There are absolutly no other way to get that execute off.

Get 18 executions on your PK then switch to Valk until you complete the order

inb4 I wanna get xp on valk while completing the order

Then you'll get more xp while completing it the longer it takes you so win/win

UCFierce
03-29-2017, 09:40 PM
^same with the "revive x teammates" last week. During 48h all you could see in vs AI dominions was people jumping down ledges and reviving eachother.

20 execution in dominion is fine imo. That's the kind of order you do without realising by playing games (or you dont do if it's a game mode you dislike :o)

Same happened with the "capture zones" order - all I saw were a few guys jumping in and out of zones without attacking each other just to flip control of zone - totally just playing to fulfill order requirements - NO HONOR.