PDA

View Full Version : Peacekeeper Ban

K1dR0b
03-29-2017, 06:13 AM
The Peacekeeper ban on MLG should be IGNORED by Ubisoft. Peacekeeper is NOT OP. I have been beaten several times by all player classes while I was playing PK. Lawbringers, Conquerors, Berserkers, Nobushis, Warlords, I have lost to them all at one time or another.

If Ubisoft caves in to this kind of tactic, then I DEMAND Warlords and Conquerors ALSO be NERFED (for "balance" of course). After all, their full block stance can block all attacks from any player, so they're obviously OP (see, I can whine and complain too!)

Seriously, I have seen comments where people say Heavys have no chance against a PK, which is absolutely NOT TRUE. I have beaten MANY PKs with Conqueror and I have been beaten by them as well.

Lawbringers can be a DREAD for PKs who get caught up in his shove combos, because PKs don't have a lot of health to begin with. Same with Valkyries. PK IS NOT OP. DO NOT NERF PK because of whiners and complainers who get owned by a PK and can't figure out how to fight them using the whatever class they're using.

Do I really need to mention that if you're playing a Prestige 1 character and you're fighting a Prestige 7 character that your gear score is likely the reason you're going to lose? You're not going to go into revenge mode nearly as fast, and your revenge mode is not going to last nowhere near a long as the higher Prestige characters'. It's not that they're OP, its that they're a higher level than you in gear. You're using a rusty sword or axe and they're using a legendary sword (or whatever).

Anyway, I think the ban on MLG to pressuer Ubisoft to nerf Peacekeeper is UTTER NONSENSE.

YutoJW
03-29-2017, 06:27 AM
It's not no sense, there's also a video on YouTube that show how actually the "revenge mechanics" plus the zone attack of the Pk it's totally too overpowered, you can just spamming it and easy win a 1v3.

PK can just spam light attack (seriously hard to parry or block with a heavy like a lawbringer) and zone attack and job is done.

I'm not a PK user but I tried, and with a no skill PK I was able to win the 85% of 1v1 vs any class also with high prestige level.

Anyway this is just for a tournament doesn't effect the game.
Your cheese days are over

teksuo1
03-29-2017, 06:29 AM
she seems to be a problem mainly for xbox/ps4 users.

reacting to 12ish frames has got to be tough on 30 fps. can't blame them (console pk haters)... this game is NOT optimal on todays consoles.

As far as pc tournaments go, I thought warlord was the dreaded one.

SendRickPics
03-29-2017, 10:48 AM
It's not no sense, there's also a video on YouTube that show how actually the "revenge mechanics" plus the zone attack of the Pk it's totally too overpowered, you can just spamming it and easy win a 1v3.

PK can just spam light attack (seriously hard to parry or block with a heavy like a lawbringer) and zone attack and job is done.

I'm not a PK user but I tried, and with a no skill PK I was able to win the 85% of 1v1 vs any class also with high prestige level.

I win 1v3 with revenge gear not by spamming, because anyone competent would block right and/or parry me and I'd be screwed. My revenge gear + max damage gear allows me to fully utilize her potential in outnumbered situations. Having numbers shouldn't guarantee a win either, otherwise you just have ******** groups.

Woopdy doo, PK can spam light attacks. Her longest chain is three attacks long, and that runs Light-Light-Heavy. She has no mix-ups, no real vortex, and no unblockables to deal with overly defensive players. She's got a weak kit much like the Orochi but in a different flavor. Just learn to counter her. PK is a noob stomper.

reacting to 12ish frames has got to be tough on 30 fps. can't blame them (console pk haters)... this game is NOT optimal on todays consoles.

Her light attack chain is 15f/12f. Her Zone Attack is 9f.

However *****ing about frames is asinine. The human eye can't perceive a difference in frame rate below 30FPS. The human eye is incapable of detecting a difference between 15, 12, and 9 frames. It just can't see it.

Most characters, even heavies and vanguards have a 15-frame light attack, some even have 12-frame light attacks (Warden).

Pro-tip, zone attack on the PK ALWAYS comes from the right. Just like zone attack on the Warden ALWAYS comes from the left.

Sauronbaine
03-29-2017, 10:57 AM
I find it really hard sometimes on the forums not to be a BMing asshat... and this is one of those times.

corazondedelfin
03-29-2017, 11:07 AM
Peacekeeper is not OP? Haahahahaha You must forgive me but I read till there and then I suddenly started laughing hahaha

You mean not OP the poison sh1t? You mean the not OP triple hit after grabbing + poison? You mean not OP the light-spam-machine-gun-AK47? You mean not OP the grenade, catapolt and crossbow? Or the perk for being hidden on minimap and getting reduced damage as passsive abilities? Ahhhhhhhhh right! You mean that is not overpowered the Zone Attack! Hahahaha ----> LOL MAN... LOL.

EmeraldCthulhu
03-29-2017, 11:23 AM
Outside of being OP (which she is) Peacekeeper is broken - she can attack you from two directions at the same time (opponent see 2 attack indicators in red). I can only assume this is a bug, but this she should be banned just on the basis of this.

BTW - I understand that balancing can take time, but this king of buggy nonsane (this plus stuff like "realase tech") should have been hotfixed as soon as it was discovered.
Do you even care UBI?

Egotistic_Ez
03-29-2017, 12:01 PM
Hi, I spam pk cheese but think I'm good, please don't make me learn2play.

Mia.Nora
03-29-2017, 12:26 PM

PK can just spam light attack and zone attack and job is done.

I believe that is where is main issue lies. PK does NOT have ANY OTHER TOOLS except her fast attacks.
No unblockables, no disablers, no knockdowns or shoves. All she has is fast dodge and fast attack.

Sadly she can't be nerfed without a rework similar to LoL champions.

EDIT: For people saying her GB+poison 3 hit is OP. Just go in practice do it. See how much stamina it drains for only 35 delayed damage. Then compare that to any other champions GB+Heavy that not only does more immediate damage but also for less stamina.

The poison people complain is a feat booster, not a permanent state.

Oupyz
03-29-2017, 12:29 PM
Pk can deflect , can grab triple stab she has a great tool , her attack spam + zone attack needs to be nerfed

same for crapconqueror , warlord/warden/valk/shugoki

all those classes needs to be nerfed , they all have broken mechanic that ruining the game in my opinion and for the best if they nerf them sooner

Mia.Nora
03-29-2017, 12:55 PM
Pk can deflect , can grab triple stab she has a great tool , her attack spam + zone attack needs to be nerfed

same for crapconqueror , warlord/warden/valk/shugoki

all those classes needs to be nerfed , they all have broken mechanic that ruining the game in my opinion and for the best if they nerf them sooner

Deflects is horrible as a mechanic Harder to do than parry, with higher risk (since you cant go back to block) with much little reward. Also follow up attack from deflect is too slow vs most LA, you deflect and before your follow up deflect+LA can land enemy can hit you (most champs).

Triple grab is done after GB. Other champions land a heavy, doing more damage for less stamina after GB. Why is a more stamina draining, harder to execute, delayed damage is better?? It does 15+12+9 damage for huge stamina; 35 damage total in 3 hits. Other champs can do more with a single heavy.

Her spam/ZA is really an issue, but sadly it is actually all she has. She has nothing else in her kit to make useful apart from fast attacks. That's why she needs a complete rework, not a nerf.

Gray360UK
03-29-2017, 01:13 PM

I spam Zone Attack on my Nobushi when I have Revenge and it's 1 vs 3 and also do the same with my Raider. Ban those too? :rolleyes:

It's actually a valid tactic.

You know what you don't do if you don't want to get ZA spammed? Don't jump on a lone character when there's 3 or 4 of you.

The_Real_Dr_B
03-29-2017, 01:47 PM
I win 1v3 with revenge gear not by spamming, because anyone competent would block right and/or parry me and I'd be screwed. My revenge gear + max damage gear allows me to fully utilize her potential in outnumbered situations. Having numbers shouldn't guarantee a win either, otherwise you just have ******** groups.

Woopdy doo, PK can spam light attacks. Her longest chain is three attacks long, and that runs Light-Light-Heavy. She has no mix-ups, no real vortex, and no unblockables to deal with overly defensive players. She's got a weak kit much like the Orochi but in a different flavor. Just learn to counter her. PK is a noob stomper.

However *****ing about frames is asinine. The human eye can't perceive a difference in frame rate below 30FPS. The human eye is incapable of detecting a difference between 15, 12, and 9 frames. It just can't see it.

Most characters, even heavies and vanguards have a 15-frame light attack, some even have 12-frame light attacks (Warden).

Pro-tip, zone attack on the PK ALWAYS comes from the right. Just like zone attack on the Warden ALWAYS comes from the left.

It's not about detecting a difference between 15 , 12 and 9 frames per se.

It's about how hard is it to REACT to PK attacks when you're playing on ~30 FPS console and ~90 FPS high end PC. I had the chance to play on both platforms and the difference is really big. Big enough for MLG to ban PK only in PS4/XB1 tournaments and not PC tournaments ^^. Besides people often say that PK is NOT OP because you can parry her. True. Hell , for some people it's even easy ( on PC , though) . They forget that the imbalance of the PK doesn't manifest itself in inability to defend yourself against her attacks. The imbalance shows when you compare how much skill you need to successfully spam somebody to death with a PK on consoles and how much skill you need to successfully defend yourself against such a thing ie. parry. That's the imbalance imo. I'm talking about consoles and only them , though.

Simi_Xiamara_
03-29-2017, 03:50 PM

I have no idea what your talking about I block her attacks on reaction all the time. Accept zone attack. But I just default to right to fix that.(I'm on ps4)

I just can't seem to parry them.

Prophit618
03-29-2017, 04:16 PM
Zone attack is broken as hell.
The rest is fine. At least on PC. I can't speak for console players but I do suspect that 30 FPS multiplies the trouble her light attacks can cause. Hell, on PC using LA Spam gets you killed if you are playing anyone with any experience playing defensively.

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
03-29-2017, 04:38 PM

Bingo, this is why the PK has been banned for now. PC and console need the be balanced differently in things like this. While the PK may not be a problem on PC due to higher frame rates, consoles are locked to 30 fps, making it harder to react to. The meta is different on both platforms, and therefore needs to be balanced accordingly.

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
03-29-2017, 04:50 PM

Just like how the human eye can't see more than 30 frames per second? I can easily perceive a difference between an 18 frame attack and a 9 frame PK zone. get your pseudo science outta here.
As for her light light heavy chain, her recovery time can easily create a light light light light light light chain, which is what most PKs do.

SendRickPics
03-30-2017, 03:34 AM
Just like how the human eye can't see more than 30 frames per second? I can easily perceive a difference between an 18 frame attack and a 9 frame PK zone. get your pseudo science outta here.
As for her light light heavy chain, her recovery time can easily create a light light light light light light chain, which is what most PKs do.

Kid, you don't have any reading comprehension do you? The Human eye cannot detect a difference in LESS than 30-frames per second. Frackin' moron.

What you're *****ing about though, is her 2x light-light chain. She can belt that one out over and over again, much like how the bersker or the Orochi can.

ArlianDeBias
03-30-2017, 05:48 AM
She's overpowered because people actually have to parry her to survive.

99% of the player base sucks and can't parry, so they cry for nerfs so that they can cheese her like every other character.

Cozzy4480
03-30-2017, 05:56 AM
All guard got nerfed to the ground. If THAT's your basis for a conq/waarlord ner this looks like an L2P issue from a little saltyboy.

darkspawn2101
03-30-2017, 06:02 AM
PK is OP.

The fact it's lights are faster than any other class from neutral, the fact that it's zone can guarentee hits in revenge, the fact it cannot be itnerrupted mid chain, are alll why it is OP. I dont care how you attempt to justify it. When PK can be spammed and come out on top, it is OP. Period.

This isn't like Warlord spam which can be easily countered, or outlasted, Wardens easily dodgable shouldercharge, or Berserkers harasser playstyle with an onslaught. This is the class being so broken, that it cannot be stopped when it hits litterally one attack.

Hormly
03-30-2017, 06:26 AM
The Peacekeeper ban on MLG should be IGNORED by Ubisoft. Peacekeeper is NOT OP. I have been beaten several times by all player classes while I was playing PK. Lawbringers, Conquerors, Berserkers, Nobushis, Warlords, I have lost to them all at one time or another.

If Ubisoft caves in to this kind of tactic, then I DEMAND Warlords and Conquerors ALSO be NERFED (for "balance" of course). After all, their full block stance can block all attacks from any player, so they're obviously OP (see, I can whine and complain too!)

Seriously, I have seen comments where people say Heavys have no chance against a PK, which is absolutely NOT TRUE. I have beaten MANY PKs with Conqueror and I have been beaten by them as well.

Lawbringers can be a DREAD for PKs who get caught up in his shove combos, because PKs don't have a lot of health to begin with. Same with Valkyries. PK IS NOT OP. DO NOT NERF PK because of whiners and complainers who get owned by a PK and can't figure out how to fight them using the whatever class they're using.

Do I really need to mention that if you're playing a Prestige 1 character and you're fighting a Prestige 7 character that your gear score is likely the reason you're going to lose? You're not going to go into revenge mode nearly as fast, and your revenge mode is not going to last nowhere near a long as the higher Prestige characters'. It's not that they're OP, its that they're a higher level than you in gear. You're using a rusty sword or axe and they're using a legendary sword (or whatever).

Anyway, I think the ban on MLG to pressuer Ubisoft to nerf Peacekeeper is UTTER NONSENSE.

writing at a grade 9 level.

applying grade 8 logic.

SendRickPics
03-30-2017, 09:51 AM
PK is OP.

The fact it's lights are faster than any other class from neutral, the fact that it's zone can guarentee hits in revenge, the fact it cannot be itnerrupted mid chain, are alll why it is OP. I dont care how you attempt to justify it. When PK can be spammed and come out on top, it is OP. Period.

This isn't like Warlord spam which can be easily countered, or outlasted, Wardens easily dodgable shouldercharge, or Berserkers harasser playstyle with an onslaught. This is the class being so broken, that it cannot be stopped when it hits litterally one attack.

No facts were involved in any of this drivel. The Peacekeeper's fastest attacks are 15-frame/12-frame for her 2-move light chain, and 9-frames for the Zone Attack opening. The Warden's overhead light is 15-frames followed by 12 frames for his Zone Attack.

Now this does make the Peacekeeper have the fastest zone attack, but it's predictable and easily blocked/parried by just anticipating it, and it ALWAYS comes from the right hand side, much like the Orochi.

Light Spam can be potent, but even it is not impossible to defeat. I've met many a lawbringer or warden who can successfully block and parry attempts at light spam. She has no mixups, no vortex, and no unblockables, leaving her with a rather limited kit to work with.

darksavior1977
03-30-2017, 04:24 PM
https://youtu.be/zDQCQV7L4hE

PK combination of revenge giving unlimited stamina and the cancel of her zone attack is what is considered broken, and why she is banned. The player is interrupting her zone attack to produce an extremely fast, repeatable, strong attack and the stamina limit for zone attack doesn't apply when in revenge. If this is intended, then Ubisoft has an odd idea of balance, if it is not, then it needs to be fixed. Recommendations are zone attacks not being cancel-able and/or overhauling revenge in general.

All the other complaints are just people who can't counter PK whining.

Gray360UK
03-30-2017, 04:30 PM

PK combination of revenge giving unlimited stamina and the cancel of her zone attack is what is considered broken, and why she is banned. The player is interrupting her zone attack to produce an extremely fast, repeatable, strong attack and the stamina limit for zone attack doesn't apply when in revenge. If this is intended, then Ubisoft has an odd idea of balance, if it is not, then it needs to be fixed. Recommendations are zone attacks not being self interruptible and/or overhauling revenge in general.

If it helps, I kill everyone with Peacekeeper zone attack without cancelling it. I never cancel. I have still killed 4 opponents with the zone attack, because it ends in a poison stab that is just as useful. The unlimited Stamina from Revenge is the real issue, because I also kill everyone in the room with Raider and Nobushi zone spam. If they decided to remove the ability to cancel a PKs zone attack, it wouldn't make the slightest difference to me.

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
03-30-2017, 06:27 PM
Kid, you don't have any reading comprehension do you? The Human eye cannot detect a difference in LESS than 30-frames per second. Frackin' moron.

What you're *****ing about though, is her 2x light-light chain. She can belt that one out over and over again, much like how the bersker or the Orochi can.

That is what I said, I said that I can perceive a difference between 18 frames and 9 frames. I can easily ask you if you have any reading comprehension, seeing as you can't understand something that I clearly said.

AgentCelt
03-30-2017, 07:58 PM
PK mains realizing they'll have to start winning with skill after she's nerfed. Bless your souls.

Alustar.
03-30-2017, 08:12 PM

PK combination of revenge giving unlimited stamina and the cancel of her zone attack is what is considered broken, and why she is banned. The player is interrupting her zone attack to produce an extremely fast, repeatable, strong attack and the stamina limit for zone attack doesn't apply when in revenge. If this is intended, then Ubisoft has an odd idea of balance, if it is not, then it needs to be fixed. Recommendations are zone attacks not being cancel-able and/or overhauling revenge in general.

I like how we link a video from a group 4v4 match up to justify the negating of a particular character in 1v1 tourney play.
Lol fail! So much fail!!!

SendRickPics
03-30-2017, 09:09 PM
Not that making it unable to be cancelled would change anything, but it is intended to be cancelled because it's a two-part attack with a long *** animation which is a lot to be committed to. I'm not sure about any other hero in the lineup, but she's the only one with such a long animation.

All the complaints are just people who can't counter PK whining.
Fixed

Sincerity117
03-30-2017, 09:39 PM
PK is OP.

You realize she has to do all the things you mentioned when she's really close to you or your team mates. Za spam during revenge is useless unless you're dumb enough to get backed into a corner or go near her (or any class) while in revenge or when revenge meter is full.

Gray360UK
03-30-2017, 10:18 PM
You realize she has to do all the things you mentioned when she's really close to you or your team mates. Za spam during revenge is useless unless you're dumb enough to get backed into a corner or go near her (or any class) while in revenge or when revenge meter is full.

Bingo!

RROARGATHORR
03-30-2017, 11:40 PM
Anyone who doesn't think PK is OP needs to watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_8Dk3EU48w