PDA

View Full Version : Prestige 11 peacekeeper farming Dominion

sourclams
03-29-2017, 03:00 AM
Several times tonight I ended up watching a revenge build Peacekeeper at very high prestige simply farm dominion.

Objectively, this guy bibimbops is not very good. He can spam lights, zone, and GB, and dodges a bunch. That's about it. But all he has to do is hit a couple blocks and he's got another shield.

The problem with Peacekeeper and Revenge synergies is simple math; the fastest attacks in the game with the fastest escape in the game creates a very low skill floor that generally just has to keep throwing attacks while protected behind ablative hp shield and the DPS will take care of itself. The reason a Raider or something similar isn't nearly as broken comes down to burst vs linear damage; either Raider or Peacekeeper will murder you if every attack hits, but a Raider's are concentrated into 1-2 heavy bursts requiring 1-2 counters to avoid. A Peacekeeper built for Revenge requires you to hit the same % of mitigation but it's 4x as often. Low skill floor to execute, high skill floor to counter. Normally that would be fine but high avoidance built into the class (speed and dodge distance) plus a mechanic that largely offsets their lower hp pool negates their drawbacks.

If an assassin class surprises/ambushes someone, it should win that fight. But we're talking about it being able to stand in the middle of a zone and perpetually 'come at me bro' and farm the crap out of most comers.

It's a combination of Peacekeeper, Matchmaker, and Revenge imbalance that create this issue, but it's easily the most toxic thing I've seen. I'm not a huge fan of assassin mechanics but it's such a one-way steamroll that I feel there's not much point in playing anything else, the game mechanics are simply too inherently in favor of this to ignore it.

aray47
03-29-2017, 03:48 AM
Peacekeeper is an annoying B for sure. Especially good ones.

Gray360UK
03-29-2017, 04:04 AM
Dunno, I just played 6 games in a row and there wasn't a Peacekeeper in one of them. I don't think it's a 'not much point in playing anything else' situation by any means.

Mia.Nora
03-29-2017, 04:07 AM
If an assassin class surprises/ambushes someone, it should win that fight. But we're talking about it being able to stand in the middle of a zone and perpetually 'come at me bro' and farm the crap out of most comers.

I dont think that's how assassin classes are intended to work here. Otherwise if it was supposed to work the way you say in any 1v1 mode like duel or elimination, PK, Oro, Zerker would be complete trash.

Also what is surprising/ambushing? it is not like they can backstab and one shot you?? You clearly confuse game mechanics with some other game.
Probably you are trying to impose WoW classifications on this game. Just think of it as a faster/lower defense melee instead of assassin as a term.

Kiiyor
03-29-2017, 05:21 AM
I dont think that's how assassin classes are intended to work here. Otherwise if it was supposed to work the way you say in any 1v1 mode like duel or elimination, PK, Oro, Zerker would be complete trash.

Also what is surprising/ambushing? it is not like they can backstab and one shot you?? You clearly confuse game mechanics with some other game.
Probably you are trying to impose WoW classifications on this game. Just think of it as a faster/lower defense melee instead of assassin as a term.

+1.

Ironically, the ambusher that fits the OP's description best (IMHO) is the Shugoki. There you are, minding your own business in dominion when out of nowhere a wild land manatee sweeps you up and romantically crushes your spine, or guardbreaks you and boops your snoot into some spikes, or becomes excited at the prospect of food somewhere and rams you off a ledge with his one man stampede.

Egotistic_Ez
03-29-2017, 05:43 AM

Peacekeepers and purp gear are both broken, so a no talent pk can still win fights pretty easily. That said, assassins are still expected to be able to 1v1 people. This isn't an rpg, assassin is just a [misleading] term that didn't really need to be in the game.

And standing in the zone closest to the enemy spawn "come at me bro" style is how I play every character on dominion lol.

chiller2k3
03-29-2017, 01:35 PM

The ambush an PK can do is that he is "invisible" because of feast lvl 1 and can ambush someone pretty good coming from behind..