PDA

View Full Version : So what are you guys playing instead of For Honor?

Urban_Madman
03-28-2017, 07:49 PM
I'm Interested in seeing what people have chosen to play over For Honor?

I'm thinking of trying something with better connectivity and less cash grab mentality like a pre-alpha asset flip on steam or something?

Thoughts? Recommendations?

MassiveD.
03-28-2017, 07:53 PM
Over? No, but alongside - I play Elite Dangerous, actually played it for 3 years now, even have a youtube channel focused around it :) Great game if you have iron patience, have a scientific soul, and like to explore space and galaxy in a realistic simulator like sci-fi environment based on the NASA maps of Milky Way (ours) galaxy with 300 bilion visitable stars, that is set in the future

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTwtZrtmOCU

Specialkha
03-28-2017, 07:59 PM
Elite dangerous is kinda empty if you do not like procedural stuff. And that game is extremely repetitive. But has nice graphics and sounds.

Dizzy4213
03-28-2017, 08:00 PM
Nier: Automata

I don't have any patience left to try and continue with For Honor in it's current state with all the connection problems. Not to mention lack of updates/patches. The fact that the weekly devstream was cancelled just shows that things aren't looking good behind the scenes.

I do my daily orders and that's it! Won't waste my time playing matches just to get disconnected and lose everything.

MassiveD.
03-28-2017, 08:02 PM
Elite dangerous is kinda empty if you do not like procedural stuff. And that game is extremely repetitive. But has nice graphics and sounds.

300bilion visitable starts, and 10 times more visitable planets, there are only 7 bilion people on earth, think about it :)

Elite Dangerous is not empty, but it is a "make your own adventure type of game", it is definitely not meant for a casual type of gamer, as it urges players to use real life sience to play the game, and stuff like understanding global positioning to navigate the planets is a must, it does not hold your hand what so ever - I love it, it really respects its playes inteligence and rewards them for it :) however multicrew is about to come out next week I think, and Alien / and what seems to be like Alien ship raiding is comming up this summer, can't wait :rolleyes:

Simi_Xiamara_
03-28-2017, 08:09 PM
There are so many games I want to play but can't cuz my pc is shty :(
*want go back to aion
*want to try black desert
*want to try revelations
*want go back to blade and soul

So many games i cant play QQ

Specialkha
03-28-2017, 08:10 PM
Dude, I have played to Elite dangerous. Once you visited some system, they all look like the same. This is how procedural works.

Except farm or grind or exploration (which gets boring after the tenth system), there is nothing. No story mode, online interaction with others players are really limited, etc...

Elite dangerous is an empty shell. They wanted to copy Eve Online, but they are still far from it, even if this game is really immersive.

darksavior1977
03-28-2017, 08:10 PM
I'm playing Ghost Recon Wildlan...oh wait...

I'm playing World of War...nope, ****.

Notta damn thing. Server eff you day can kiss my ***!

solho
03-28-2017, 08:20 PM
300bilion visitable starts, and 10 times more visitable planets, there are only 7 bilion people on earth, think about it :)

Elite Dangerous is not empty, but it is a "make your own adventure type of game", it is definitely not meant for a casual type of gamer, as it urges players to use real life sience to play the game, and stuff like understanding global positioning to navigate the planets is a must, it does not hold your hand what so ever - I love it, it really respects its playes inteligence and rewards them for it :) however multicrew is about to come out next week I think, and Alien / and what seems to be like Alien ship raiding is comming up this summer, can't wait :rolleyes:

You have a serious problem to respect the opinion of others, not everyone thinks the same as you or have your tastes. I accept that you like the game but dont try that the other people have your same taste.
I do not say it just for this post, I see you in every post commenting as if you have the reason at all. You're a little annoying.

MassiveD.
03-28-2017, 08:23 PM
Dude, I have played to Elite dangerous. Once you visited some system, they all look like the same. This is how procedural works.

Except farm or grind or exploration (which gets boring after the tenth system), there is nothing. No story mode, online interaction with others players are really limited, etc...

Elite dangerous is an empty shell. They wanted to copy Eve Online, but they are still far from it, even if this game is really immersive.

Looks like you haven't played for a very long time, meanwhile I play daily, but please do go on, tell me how my favorite game works :rolleyes:

https://cdn.meme.am/images/600x600/2729805/willy-wonka.jpg

Specialkha
03-28-2017, 08:25 PM
Cool story bro. So what did i say that was wrong, do tell me :)

MassiveD.
03-28-2017, 08:34 PM

First of all, there is story, the game simply doesn't require you to be involved with it.

Actually the story and the introduction of aliens is so elaborate, that it took 3 physical years to unravel, something never before seen in gaming that started as rumours, odd NPC conversations, strange wording in logs etc, and has now been showed world wide on BBC, and still has interviews with David Braben, othwerise known as the father of space-games

There is Power Play, Engineering, CQC, you know all those things that you didn't even bother mentioning, nor probably even aware off.

Multi-Crew is comming out in the next week, and do you even realize that ED is still considered in beta with 10 year development plan?

I have 11 bilion credits in the game, every single ship, and make tutorial and educational videos for Elite Dangerous that has a significant following, no but really, please do go on and tell me more about my game :rolleyes:

mammakamelen
03-28-2017, 08:35 PM
Elite Dangerous is repetative, very casualfriendly and a nice game :) not too shabby at all.

It never was a goty for me, and it was scoring kind of low because of how.easy it was and repetitive. I remember how most media saw it as boring and too easy.

I play alot of games but:

Doing dailies in Dirt Rally
Ranked in R6 siege with some friends or
Casual fun with friends In Wildlands (which is really silly although it's trying real hard to be serious)

Danioku
03-28-2017, 08:36 PM
https://cdn.destructoid.com//ul/362273-tetrismovie.jpg

Marcrele
03-28-2017, 08:37 PM
Titanfall 2

Kaeldian
03-28-2017, 08:37 PM
Farcry Primal

Ubisoft had a half-off sale on Steam - and the game is most certainly worth 23 bucks

solho
03-28-2017, 08:38 PM

Dont try to argue with him its very special person.. Just tell him he plays the best game of all time and that he has the reason of everything

MassiveD.
03-28-2017, 08:39 PM
Elite Dangerous is repetative, very casualfriendly and a nice game :) not too shabby at all.

It never was a goty for me, and it was scoring kind of low because of how.easy it was and repetitive. I remember how most media saw it as boring and too easy.

I play alot of games but:

Doing dailies in Dirt Rally
Ranked in R6 siege with some friends or
Casual fun with friends In Wildlands (which is really silly although it's trying real hard to be serious)

Actually I think ED either got nominated recently or already won the title for most evolving game

Specialkha
03-28-2017, 08:40 PM
First of all, there is story, the game simply doesn't require you to be involved with it.

Actually the story and the introduction of aliens is so elaborate, that it took 3 physical years to unravel, something never before seen in gaming that started as rumours, odd NPC message, strange wording in logs etc, and has now been showed world wide on BBC, and still has interviews with David Braben, othwerise known as the father of space-games

There is Power Play, Engineering, CQC, you know all those things that you didn't even bother mentioning, nor probably even aware off.

I have 11 bilion credits in the game, every single ship, and make tutorial and educational videos for Elite Dangerous that has a significant following, no but really, please do go on and tell me more about my game :rolleyes:

Power play is just a mean to add farm. Farm some system to promote your faction or impede opposite faction. You just farm to make some bar move, that is all. Kinda reptitive. Engeneering, I did not test taht one, but from I can tell and read on the web, it is just some more farming to upgrade your ship; so it can stand AI ships that have been upgraded by the ''add-on". Again repetitive. CQC is again repetitive because extremely simplistic.

Everything about Elite is reptitive, whatever you can say.

But it still has nice graphics and sounds.

MassiveD.
03-28-2017, 08:41 PM
Dont try to argue with him without proper arguments.. Or he will shrek you

There, fixed it for you :rolleyes:

DrExtrem
03-28-2017, 08:44 PM
Something with an offline mode.

solho
03-28-2017, 08:48 PM
There, fixed it for you :rolleyes:

I told you before, not everyone thinks like you or have your tastes. He thinks its repetitive and its not to his taste, dont try to convince him otherwise just because you like him.
If you can not understand that, you really have a problem.

Thief183
03-28-2017, 08:52 PM
Resident Evil 7, quite good, but not as good as I wanted :( ... I actually think I'm addicted to for Honor Combat sistem... can't even play Dark Souls wothout switching stance....

secrecy274
03-28-2017, 08:59 PM
I play a couple of games along side For Honor, not instead of.

AkenoKobayashi
03-28-2017, 09:27 PM
I play FH at least 50% of the time I'm online. IF not that, then Ark or RE 7, or Smite. I'm definitely still playing it. I need to get my Orochi and Nobushi to Rep 3.

NeoLocutus
03-29-2017, 12:09 AM
Titanfall 2, Gears of War 4 ... and For Honor :-)

TR.WhiskeyD
03-29-2017, 01:15 AM
Looks like you haven't played for a very long time, meanwhile I play daily, but please do go on, tell me how my favorite game works :rolleyes:

Have a group? I haven't played in a couple months, but wanted to find some people to play with.

Lionardudu
03-29-2017, 01:20 AM
Mass Effect: Andromeda

Legionaire161
03-29-2017, 01:52 AM
ME: Andromeda, The Witcher 3, Ghost Recon, halo wars 2, TF 2......I have 36 games installed on my xbox.....for honor hasn't been one of them since sunday. I'm not coming back to it until the dlc drops, and I see the opinions about it. As of now, there's to much **** wrong with it to even bother.

Drekle
03-29-2017, 03:02 AM
Also playing Nier: Automata. I personally like the game however I wish it had more customization in the form of gear and drops.

Xb1MasterNoctis
03-29-2017, 03:07 AM
I play Elite Dangerous or Arma 3

cragar212
03-29-2017, 03:18 AM
I'm thinking bf1 exp.

Aibjorn
03-29-2017, 04:18 AM
Chivalry, Exanima and Starbound.

k0ntrabanD28
03-29-2017, 07:21 AM
Trusty Rocket League, funny how a game I picked up during the free PSN monthly period probably has the most play time.
Otherwise Horizon Zero Dawn or EVE Valkyrie VR - traded this POS in ages ago for next to nothing as that's what retailers consider it to be worth due to the amount of returns.

teksuo1
03-29-2017, 07:52 AM
I noticed i'm playing for honor with a lot less intensity these days ; but there's no other interesting title coming to my mind. I end up watching some questionable stuff on Netflix (binge watched "Wentworth" after "Orange is the new black" and a few "X-files" binges here and there.
For what it's worth, "Wentworth" >>> "Orange is the new black" IMO.

Rocket league is fun but i get bored after 2-3 hours. Not a game suited for long sessions IMO.

some stuff picked up my interest but it doesn't have any release date yet. (Mordhau, Destiny 2)

PU battlegrounds -> meh played too much h1z1 to get into this kind of game again.
Ghost recon -> Meh id play the division over it.
The division -> meh, for honor brings me more fun.
WoW -> oh hell no!

i'm about to dust out the good old Kerbal Space Program lol

dreampage
03-29-2017, 08:16 AM
Ironically I played Ghost Recon Wildlands.

JesterSyxe
03-29-2017, 08:33 AM
Mass Effect: Andromeda
Horizon Zero Dawn

Right now I don't play FH anymore and I highly doubt I will return if they don't change a lot of things drastically!

PRAETORlAN
03-29-2017, 12:03 PM
Mass Effect: Andromeda :)

FightingFerrets
03-29-2017, 12:10 PM
Farcry Primal

Ubisoft had a half-off sale on Steam - and the game is most certainly worth 23 bucks

Loved that game...its a steal at $23 and it actually works all the time!

FightingFerrets
03-29-2017, 12:23 PM
Playing FH exclusively atm...I refuse to give up on this game yet as I am totally in love with the concept, even if the execution is falling way short. From time to time I'll drop into BattleHand...a cute little CCG app...