PDA

View Full Version : Did For Honor die today? +Poll

corazondedelfin
03-28-2017, 07:46 PM
After all the things we have been through with this broken videogame that Ubisoft released with WAY TOO MANY MISTAKES, did we just reach the limit that most of us can bear?

We have not been able to play completely the last day, in the crucial moment from the FACTION WAR btw, even its not so important that but to be able to play the game we payed for.

So, after this and all the other "f#cked up" stuff, like:

- TOO FREQUENT DISCONNECTIONS!

- NO MATCHMAKING, NO TEAM BALANCE...

- MAPS FULL OF ENVIROMENTAL HAZARDS 1-BUTTONCLIC-KILL NEVER SEEN BEFORE

- SUPER HERO UNBALANCE: Kensei VS Conqueror, Orochi VS Peacekeeper, Lawbringer VS Warlord, Raider VS Valkirye... Just LOL The 1st losses +95% of the times against the 2nd if they are both more or less experienced players.

- HALF OF THE PLAYERS ABUSING CHEAP DIRTY MECHANICS/MOVES..

- FACTION WAR UNINTELLIGIBLE

... Have we reached the dead end?

My opinion: Ubisoft should give us a free videogame of our choice to any For Honor user, similar to what happened with Assassins Creed Unity, as well as apologize to the whole gaming community from this game. They ruined For Honor.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/f2/70/70/f270701a56df4f77b69c040ee9a76376.jpg
Goodbye For Honor, Goodbye to the dream that you were for me and many of us :(

Ontari
03-28-2017, 07:51 PM
This game is far from dying, it just needs helluva improvements.

The other thing is, that Ubisoft is loosing its reputation drastically, but well, people are still gonna buy their games, so it doesn't really matter sadly.

Operch
03-28-2017, 07:56 PM
It tooooootally died. In fact I can't wait until work is over so I can go home and play it because it's so dead.

All these Chicken Little posts are tiring. Accept that the game has problems and that those problems are being worked on...or don't. If you're so offended and mortally wounded over getting ledged in a match or disconnected from a dominion game you can exercise your free will and go find something else to complain about in another game.

corazondedelfin
03-28-2017, 07:58 PM
It tooooootally died. In fact I can't wait until work is over so I can go home and play it because it's so dead.

All these Chicken Little posts are tiring. Accept that the game has problems and that those problems are being worked on...or don't. If you're so offended and mortally wounded over getting ledged in a match or disconnected from a dominion game you can exercise your free will and go find something else to complain about in another game.

Operch, For Honor servers are down, for maintenance this time it seems, at least in Europe, after being ALL DAY OFFLINE... Have fun.

CandleInTheDark
03-28-2017, 08:03 PM
How very dare they not fix things yelled at them within two seconds of them being yelled.

More seriously,of course not, the people who want this to work will still be here tomorrow when the fairweather I want it now players have left.

cragar212
03-28-2017, 08:03 PM
It won't die anytime soon.

Even though my sodium levels are high today they will balance out by tommorow

solho
03-28-2017, 08:09 PM

It is not a matter of going to another game, people paying for a product that is not finished. Which I do not see that is doing much to fix it, I paid the product with the gold edition and more than 1 week ago that I can not play, like many other people that happens to them the same.
If you are happy to see your face, well for you but most normal people, does not like to be done this.
There are people who find it difficult to earn money to buy a game like that and can not enjoy it, even worse that the company does not show interest in what it did.

corazondedelfin
03-28-2017, 08:18 PM
It is not a matter of going to another game, people paying for a product that is not finished. Which I do not see that is doing much to fix it, I paid the product with the gold edition and more than 1 week ago that I can not play, like many other people that happens to them the same.
If you are happy to see your face, well for you but most normal people, does not like to be done this.
There are people who find it difficult to earn money to buy a game like that and can not enjoy it, even worse that the company does not show interest in what it did.

I couldnt have said it better. You talk with the truth from the heart of many of us. Ubisoft destroyed the dream that was For Honor of a game like never seen before!

Thief183
03-28-2017, 08:55 PM
...die...yes...sure...this game will not go anywhere... I expect some huge improvment at the end of season, with ranked sistem and a much polished netcoding, in meantime I'm about at 170 hours with an unfinished game....170 hours..... I only played Terraria this long.

BananaBlighter
03-28-2017, 09:04 PM
You can't really expect them to give away a free game to all For Honor players. What happened with Unity was that the DLC was made free and anyone who had already paid for the season pass got a game of their choice.

AkenoKobayashi
03-28-2017, 09:07 PM
If you think it's dead, then why are you here to point it out? It must not be if there are several people putting in the effort to say it is.

thornh
03-28-2017, 09:18 PM
Ubisoft is their own worst enemy at this point. The game will not die but the lack of transparency is a big problem. Like I always tell my kids it is much easier to tell the truth and find a constructive way to fix the problem than to lie about something and hope the problem goes away. I'm not saying Ubisoft is lying about anything but they are certainly not giving us the full story. I believe if they know there is a huge underlying issue that is going to take months to fix then they should just let us know that. We'll be angry but at least we'll know the issue and may be able to help fix it. Right now we've been told many things that just do not sound good (not meant to unlock everything, there is no issue with the microtransactions, disconnects are not necessarily Ubisoft's fault, maps are giving people issues, etc.). The current perception seems to be that everything is fine with the game and we are all just whining. It is time Ubisoft gives us a little more honest detail and sets out a timeframe for improvements.

MassiveD.
03-28-2017, 09:20 PM
Game back online nerds, quit your moaning and start smashing :D

DEUS VULT

thornh
03-28-2017, 09:23 PM
@ MassiveD
Excellent. If nothing else this has kept me entertained at work all day....

SuperJoule
03-28-2017, 09:24 PM
I just uninstalled the game today.
SOOO happy I didn't buy the season pass.
Waste of money.

m3gas_
03-28-2017, 09:26 PM
If you think it's dead, then why are you here to point it out? It must not be if there are several people putting in the effort to say it is.

^
This guy gets it !!
I'm pretty sure there are over 100 threads claiming For Honor is literally dead already - and it kinda seems it's just the "cool" thing to post about lately.
I too hate how the game is handled but believe me - it will take a long, long time reaching the "dead game" zone...

zide-
03-28-2017, 09:26 PM
Well the options in the poll are not fair. The game is busted, a mess and devs shat the bed on communicating with the community and for now I am done. However, I believe the game will be fixed one day but I wouldn't hold my breath for it to happen anytime soon.

Dragoon7272
03-28-2017, 09:27 PM
ummm just saying even if their wasn't connectivity issues. samurai still clenched round 3. sorry youre bad at math but the down time didn't matter.

corazondedelfin
03-28-2017, 09:44 PM
Game back online nerds, quit your moaning and start smashing :D

DEUS VULT

If you keep trolling around you will end banned. Please dont post messages if you dont want to discuss..

SunT0uchEr
03-28-2017, 10:09 PM
The game is not dead yet. but it will die soon. player numbers are dropping like crazy so yea, play while you still can. soon you will face the same people over and vover.

Bob__Gnarly
03-28-2017, 10:24 PM
Dead? Not yet, but it's getting there. In my region, it's only worth trying to play during peak hours, otherwise you're just wasting your time staring at the searching for players screen. Even during peak, some modes like Skirmish are dead, unless you're prepared to waste half an hour searching. Can you imagine how frustrating it is to search for half a hour, finally get into a match and then get disconnected because someone rage quit? That's just one typical example of why people are leaving in droves.

The game has too many problems and people will only put up with it for so long. Ubi are too slow to fix things. In fact, every patch they've released only made things worse for me...

Even if they offered a free game as compensation for this dud, I wouldn't take it. No more Ubisoft for me, lesson learned.

cragar212
03-28-2017, 10:35 PM
I'd be embarrassed if I worked on this thing

corazondedelfin
03-28-2017, 11:09 PM
I'd be embarrassed if I worked on this thing

Me too man, I cannot believe that they made the game become into this ridiculous mess! :mad:

DrExtrem
03-28-2017, 11:10 PM
It did not die today. It just took another low blow.

The game will not die, as long, as people can play alone vs. bots. Vs. bots, the game mechanics work - at least most of them and a few are not even needed. Like matchmaking. Only a few corrections would be needed, if the game purely was a vs. bots experience.

But players are a different thing. They always find ways to break or abuse mechanics. "we made this thing foolproof." "you don't know our fools."

Can it be fixed? Sure. A there are a lot of good ideas on this board. Is ubisoft going to fix it? No. Look at they handled the division. Some bugs and exploits from the alpha are still in the game. PvP is a bloody mess. Everybody told then, that the movement system is easily abused - they did not listen. Fixing mobile cover alone took them several months. PvE balance is destroyed by pvp stuff ... the just goes on.

In short: The game will not die soon but it is not going to be fixed either. In a year, they might have made it playable but is decapitating and dismembering opponents enough to keep people playing? I doubt it.

I personally say this: Fix the bots' exploiting things and balance the heroes as good as possible. Add an offline mode with full customization and make us wear neutral colors if we want to.
Next step: Hire a good lead writer, use the interesting universend create an episodic series of action rpgs in the tradition of mass effect 1&2. Create hubs, interesting missions, soft open worlds (only small areas) and team nates, we hate, like and care for. Simple stories that work are better, than wtf-magic. Stay away from mp, if your system can't handle connections and matchmaking.

And hire Jennifer Hale to voice the female version of the pc. ;)

DJ_Masterson
03-28-2017, 11:11 PM
I kinda want a refund, to be honest. This game is not worth 60 dollars in it's current state. It's barely worth 30.

OverWatch is way more polished and clean and they had the decency to only charge me 30-40.

Plutonium Bug
03-28-2017, 11:32 PM
it did die for a couple of hours but its like a phoenix so no probs

DizzleFresh13
03-29-2017, 12:09 AM
Even if For Honor legit died, I got 175 hours of entertainment for $60. 35 cents per hour for entertainment is a pretty good deal.

TBH_Saeko_Irri
03-29-2017, 12:34 AM
After all the things we have been through with this broken videogame that Ubisoft released with WAY TOO MANY MISTAKES, did we just reach the limit that most of us can bear?

We have not been able to play completely the last day, in the crucial moment from the FACTION WAR btw, even its not so important that but to be able to play the game we payed for.

- SUPER HERO UNBALANCE: Kensei VS Conqueror, Orochi VS Peacekeeper, Lawbringer VS Warlord, Raider VS Valkirye... Just LOL The 1st losses +95% of the times against the 2nd if they are both more or less experienced players.

My opinion: Ubisoft should give us a free videogame of our choice to any For Honor user, similar to what happened with Assassins Creed Unity, as well as apologize to the whole gaming community from this game. They ruined For Honor.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/f2/70/70/f270701a56df4f77b69c040ee9a76376.jpg

Oh m8 I can't say it better you are 99% CORRECT ( I don't mind the environmental hazards because both of the sides can use them)
And yes ubi most do something fast for an apologizing to his subscribers.

corazondedelfin
03-29-2017, 09:08 AM
Oh m8 I can't say it better you are 99% CORRECT ( I don't mind the environmental hazards because both of the sides can use them)
And yes ubi most do something fast for an apologizing to his subscribers.

Thank you! Its just sad what they did to this amazing idea of a videogame ruining it so hard after all the money we gave them.
About the hazards, they are way too many put everywhere on purpose, and many players are exploiting that, like what happens in many dominion capture points, where many players sit in a capture zone next to a hazard to throw anyone that gets close while same time capturing: The characters, heros, have huge differences at being GB( guaranted GBs..) and being thrown (insane distances for warlord, raider, warden..) and as long as that happens, is a dirty unfair gameplay.

MassiveD.
03-29-2017, 09:28 AM
Hey guys, how's the moaning coming along?

Any progress yet? :D

Xb1MasterNoctis
03-29-2017, 09:36 AM

Yo that pic dope as where did you find it.

vikingpower1488
03-29-2017, 09:44 AM

My single player is totally unplayable, crashes on load of mission 2.2 EVERY time, no matter what I try. Straight to desk top, sent 10+ error reports, posted on support forum and this forum and steam forum without a single response.

Heres the real kicker, 3 weeks now without a reply to my support ticket, lodged a new one 5 days ago, still nothing from either. Absolute joke of a company.

First and last ubisoft purchase ever.

corazondedelfin
03-29-2017, 10:10 AM
Yo that pic dope as where did you find it.

An artwork found in google, I like artworks from the samurai culture, I have plenty of them. Thank you for liking it :) If you want it you can save the image to your PC, but Its a depressing view though cause he is really sad, like many of us with For Honor and angry with Ubisoft for taking our money for an alpha status videogame.

Captain-Courage
03-29-2017, 10:14 AM
An artwork found in google, I like artworks from the samurai culture, I have plenty of them. Thank you for liking it :) If you want it you can save the image to your PC, but Its a depressing view though cause he is really sad, like many of us with For Honor and angry with Ubisoft for taking our money for an alpha status videogame.

It's not a samurai ...

corazondedelfin
03-29-2017, 10:35 AM
It's not a samurai ...

Its just a way of talking. Its an artwork. Lets dont do offtopic.

Here we discuss the scam that most of us think For Honor is, due to Ubisoft.

corazondedelfin
03-29-2017, 10:39 AM
My single player is totally unplayable, crashes on load of mission 2.2 EVERY time, no matter what I try. Straight to desk top, sent 10+ error reports, posted on support forum and this forum and steam forum without a single response.

Heres the real kicker, 3 weeks now without a reply to my support ticket, lodged a new one 5 days ago, still nothing from either. Absolute joke of a company.

First and last ubisoft purchase ever.

Sorry man, Its all I can say, everyone has big problems with For Honor, Im sorry and Im angry for all of these huge problems that are getting no solution at all. The lack of communication from Ubisoft was my hugest pity. I dont know why none of them are posting here.

For Honor was destroyed by them, and we gave them a lot of money to get a real working functional videogame! Not this! The fair solution would be Ubisoft gifting us a FREE VIDEOGAME OF OUR CHOICE to download in our machines, and a HUGE OFFICIAL SORRY.

Robbocroft
03-29-2017, 10:49 AM
Not sure if it's dead or not.. I only know that i stopped playing due to the way too frequent connection problems and due to the horrible matchmaking.
That said i found the game to be funny and i'm not bothered about eventual imbalances in the classes.
I really hope they get it around and they manage to fix it.
I don't think it's such an horrible game to deserve a full refound.

Were i in UBI shoesI i would try to get some solid fix and enhancement in with the first DLC. There will probably be an influx of new and returning players with the new warriors. It's a good chance to have them stick

corazondedelfin
03-29-2017, 11:49 AM
Not sure if it's dead or not.. I only know that i stopped playing due to the way too frequent connection problems and due to the horrible matchmaking.

Im afraid to tell you something you will know when you read that. You answered yourself in your second sentence.

Captain-Courage
03-29-2017, 12:55 PM
Dead ? Not yet
Agonizing ? Certainly

vikingpower1488
03-29-2017, 12:55 PM
Sorry man, Its all I can say, everyone has big problems with For Honor, Im sorry and Im angry for all of these huge problems that are getting no solution at all. The lack of communication from Ubisoft was my hugest pity. I dont know why none of them are posting here.

For Honor was destroyed by them, and we gave them a lot of money to get a real working functional videogame! Not this! The fair solution would be Ubisoft gifting us a FREE VIDEOGAME OF OUR CHOICE to download in our machines, and a HUGE OFFICIAL SORRY.

Thank you sir, at least you care, because Ubisoft sure as hell dont about their customers.

Sh1kuren
03-29-2017, 02:30 PM
Not dead, if they will be fixed connection errors and added a new content. I hope so... And yeah, It's so optimistic.
For Honor has one big problem - disconnects, but others: matchmaking, balance, no honor maps - is so insignificant.

igrocki
03-29-2017, 02:52 PM
this game was half dead when ubi decided to develop it... with ubi game live long as gta5 or diablo3 etc?

corazondedelfin
03-29-2017, 09:04 PM
Not dead, if they will be fixed connection errors and added a new content. I hope so... And yeah, It's so optimistic.
For Honor has one big problem - disconnects, but others: matchmaking, balance, no honor maps - is so insignificant.

The rest of the problems are almost as important as connectivity is, at least for most of us.

RatedChaotic
03-29-2017, 09:44 PM
As long as I can still connect and play vs bots its not dead to me. Tho I didnt vote because........

1. If I can put a few days of game time in it......it was worth 60 bucks for me. Even tho I got 2 copies for 30 bucks. L2S (learn to shop)..........I feel there is no need to compensate me at all.

2. I cant say it will be fixed because honestly I dont know that it will.

Felheric
03-29-2017, 10:08 PM
Just make rebalance patches allready you must now have data or info whats wrong with stuff either from tournaments or from forums or your own data, inform community more what changes will be made. Fix flicker animation of zone atack.

xLeapingLizardx
03-29-2017, 10:08 PM
Man that original post felt so emotional :O
Got me in my feelings lol :P

For Honor isn't going to die for me anytime soon!

corazondedelfin
03-30-2017, 11:29 AM
Man that original post felt so emotional :O
Got me in my feelings lol :P

Thank you, its sad seeing For Honor destroyed, so its something emotional for many of us as we had dreams for this videogame about being an awesome videogame like never seen before. And it ended as a huge unplayable fail.

xLeapingLizardx
03-31-2017, 04:27 AM
Thank you, its sad seeing For Honor destroyed, so its something emotional for many of us as we had dreams for this videogame about being an awesome videogame like never seen before. And it ended as a huge unplayable fail.

Well I still play the unplayable mess everyday but I understand where you are at.