PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft - its time to revamp the faction warfare

Steinar-68
03-28-2017, 06:23 PM
After 3 rds I have come to the conclusion that this is the worst design possible. Why have 2 weeks worth of warfare when a surge in last 24 hrs can essentially determine the outcome of any round. Take for instance this round. As of yesterday Viking faction was winning then a surge by samurai gave them a victory. Even if the outage were removed.

A more logical and fair solution is that at the end of each update (5 or 6 hrs period) the total number of territories should be counted by each faction and added to an accumulated total. Then at the end of each round the total accumulated points for each faction would determine winner.

Also during any outage the countdown to round end should automatically be paused until the outage is resolved. Regardless if the samauri won would have won the round or not based on number, I think it is bad form that for 3 hours+ hours no one could do anything about the situaton and try to take back some territory.

Ubisoft its time to step up the effort to work towards making a stable game that is fun and fair for all without having to deal with peer to peer issues or having victory stolen by pourly planned maintenance windows, oh and thats another thing. why have maintenance that potentially break something the last 4 hours of a round. Instead plan your maintenance window to occur between round during map reset.

KaidzenMonada
03-28-2017, 06:33 PM
You are contradicting! If you look at the Faction War statistics you can clearly see that Samurai were dominating all these days, and your Vikings on the other hand started to be active only in last 24 hours. They thought that they can do nothing throughout the round and then take everything at last hours! But they failed, cause Samurai understood it and they just didn't let that Vikings STEAL their deserved victory! So the results are not surprising. I would say that this round's results are the rightest ones of the three.

SangLong524
03-28-2017, 06:35 PM
You are contradicting! If you look at the Faction War statistics you can clearly see that Samurai were dominating all these days, and your Vikings on the other hand started to be active only in last 24 hours. They thought that they can do nothing throughout the round and then take everything at last hours! But they failed, cause Samurai understood it and they just didn't let that Vikings STEAL their deserved victory! So the results are not surprising. I would say that this round's results are the rightest ones of the three.

hush, a lot of Vikings and Knights are here. let them stay for another round.

FightingFerrets
03-28-2017, 06:41 PM

As a knight player I totally agree with that last sentence. This rounds results made the most sense to me. Sam's were on fire for a large portion of this round and deserved the win. Unlike last round which somehow felt cheated since the Sam's were backed up to their stronghold almost every second day but still won...

secrecy274
03-28-2017, 06:42 PM
As far as I've noticed, Samurai seems to have been more active in this round from the very start.
The win is theirs, fair and square.

Angry Ari 1
03-28-2017, 07:33 PM
Lol, even if the rules were set up the way you say they should be (which I agree that a Faction's performance THROUGHOUT the round should have more weight), then the Samurai would have won by an even greater margin. When you actually look at the stats, and see which Faction was dominant in each of the 50+ turns, Samurai had a whopping 36 turns won, while the Vikings had a marginal 13. If you look at the pattern Vikings were taking, they likely were pissed off that the Samurai won the last round by literally winning enough territories on the very last turn, and so the Vikings decided to wait and try to replicate the Samurai's accidental win. Only that didn't work out, even with the outage helping them out.

Steinar-68
03-28-2017, 07:44 PM
I totally agree that for the majority of this round samaurai dominated and i am in no way questioning their victory. I accept the won it. However, I still think a system that has weight throughout the entire round instead of the last couple days as a surge would be more beneficial as a whole. People would probably be more vested and play through out the round vs just come back at last minute. if its going to be a surge then just shorten the round to 5 days or something.

Believe me when I say this is not a loser rant. instead i would am just voicing opinion to adding more meaning to the faction war through out the round vs the end of the round carrying more importance.

SendRickPics
03-28-2017, 08:02 PM
I think what needs to change is how players can actually interact with the map and work towards taking territory. I think certain sectors should be linked to certain maps and those maps linked to a game mode that allows for players fighting on the battlefield to actually influence the outcome of a territory grab.

I think it should work much like dominion, except that the central battlefield's minions should be linked to the War Assets and that as the battle grinds on, the war assets get used up. The trick is that a well coordinated team of heroes with less war assets can win out against a larger force so that raw input of war assets doesn't always take the day.