PDA

View Full Version : Victory for Round 3 is Sealed

SilentTakeo
03-28-2017, 12:33 PM
As it stands, the Samurai have earned another victory for this round. Even if the Knights were to gain 6 territories and tie with the Samurai, said Samurai have deployed more War Assets overall (36% to the Knight's 29%), and thus, would attain victory regardless.

Congratulations to my fellow warriors of the Dawn Empire. Here's to a victorious Round 3 and a soon to be hard fought Round 4.

It really comes down to the Knights and Vikings battling for 2nd place now.

MassiveD.
03-28-2017, 12:35 PM
Every single time there's these pre-mature celebratory threads, and every single time in the last second a differetn faction pulls it back and gets the victory, I love it :D

KaidzenMonada
03-28-2017, 12:37 PM
Every single time there's these pre-mature celebratory threads, and every single time in the last second a differetn faction pulls it back and gets the victory, I love it :D

Not this time bro! Sorry! We - Samurai - are not going to sleep before it ends!

TheNoEffect
03-28-2017, 12:39 PM
Vikings and knights need to learn to not invade each other. Watched a documentary last night on Netflix about a band of 53 decapitated Vikings found in a bit in England with 51 heads piled nearby. The archaeologists discovered that the Vikings had been beheaded from the front because they wanted to look into the eyes of their executioners. Be more like them, Vikings...

SilentTakeo
03-28-2017, 12:43 PM

If you had even a slight grasp on basic arithmetic, you would realize quite how pointless your reply is.

There is only 1 turn left (less that 6 hours remaining), making it 100% impossible for the Knights or Vikings to win this round.

I suggest you work on your tilt game before making a passive-aggressive remark that lacks any plausible basis for fact. But, I am proud of you - you used a word with 5 syllables. But, no, wait - you spelled different incorrectly. Never mind.

MaTriXMan5on
03-28-2017, 12:44 PM
As it stands, the Samurai have earned another victory for this round. Even if the Knights were to gain 6 territories and tie with the Samurai, said Samurai have deployed more War Assets overall (36% to the Knight's 29%), and thus, would attain victory regardless.

Congratulations to my fellow warriors of the Dawn Empire. Here's to a victorious Round 3 and a soon to be hard fought Round 4.

Tnx mate...gl at next round

MaTriXMan5on
03-28-2017, 12:45 PM

Tnx mate...gl at next round...but i think we'll get 4 round so ez too =)

DrExtrem
03-28-2017, 01:31 PM
Oh my god. Who the hell cares?

I could not resist. I knew that another faction would win, when we knights had a really good weekend.

Plutonium Bug
03-28-2017, 01:34 PM
The servers are down so they can let us knights win :o

jk don't care about this faction war but I do care about missing out on crates :(

Xb1MasterNoctis
03-28-2017, 01:45 PM
My samurai bothers come and take some SPEED pills.

Xb1MasterNoctis
03-28-2017, 01:47 PM
The servers are down so they can let us knights win :o

jk don't care about this faction war but I do care about missing out on crates :(

They will roll it back 5 hours just so you know.

Captain-Courage
03-28-2017, 01:52 PM
Really ? Like .... Really ?
Are there peole who actually care about this promotionnal feature (only brought to help marketing and communication teams to build hype) that is nothing more than a study case and prime example of what should never be done when designing an UI ?

T1brys
03-28-2017, 06:09 PM
only reason the sammies won is due to the love from ubisoft.

SangLong524
03-28-2017, 06:20 PM
only reason the sammies won is due to the love from ubisoft.
if that is true, maybe u should quit whining. Noone likes whining kids. no wonder!
Once again, we WON! hehe, although it's an empty victory in a literal sense, I have hope that some sort of compensation is coming. :)

T1brys
03-28-2017, 06:28 PM
if that is true, maybe u should quit whining. Noone likes whining kids. no wonder!
Once again, we WON! hehe, although it's an empty victory in a literal sense, I have hope that some sort of compensation is coming. :)

Won with the help from ubisoft yeah, but thats not a real, honorable win now is it?

and if you consider pointing out the facts from what we all can see ( even if you apperently dont want to see it ) " whining ", well, then you should go back to school and learn abit more <3

compensation? nah, a reroll of the server,and a fair ending to the round is quite alright.

SangLong524
03-28-2017, 06:38 PM
Won with the help from ubisoft yeah, but thats not a real, honorable win now is it?

and if you consider pointing out the facts from what we all can see ( even if you apperently dont want to see it ) " whining ", well, then you should go back to school and learn abit more <3

compensation? nah, a reroll of the server,and a fair ending to the round is quite alright.

LOL. As if!
No i'm afraid I have graduated university already. I have no intention of going back! :)
"Honor", what's that? :p

Ontari
03-28-2017, 06:40 PM
T1brys

It seems that you haven't played during this round of Faction War.

If you did you should have seen, that samurai were kicking everyone's arses almost everyday. Now go back to your tin can kid :)

T1brys
03-28-2017, 06:45 PM
i've played plenty since alpha, so whats your point ontari? What you refuse to see the gains the samurais got from this?

im sorry, but its not me who needs to open my eyes.

crawl back to the hole you came from if you cant see the reasoning behind your " victory "

UCFierce
03-28-2017, 06:46 PM
Calling TOTAL SALT on this round of Faction Wars - that not with standing - The manipulation and intervention by the Ubisoft powers that be was CLEARLY evident -
take a look at the photos I sent Ubisoft via Twitter - Even if Samurai won this last round the final photo CLEARLY shows that between the round Win ending numbers and seconds into the new round there was no way for the NEW territory numbers to be correct - - -pic.twitter.com/xfEgt6l9ib

Ontari
03-28-2017, 06:50 PM
T1brys... you left me speechless XD

We were literally winning almost everyday. I can understand that you are sad, because knights were totally ****ty this time, but just relax and accept the defeat, or hope that Ubisoft will roll it back after servers are up.

Still, if samurai will win, the victory will be 100% earned, not like in the last round, with the cheaty comeback the last day.

SangLong524
03-28-2017, 06:50 PM
i've played plenty since alpha, so whats your point ontari? What you refuse to see the gains the samurais got from this?

im sorry, but its not me who needs to open my eyes.

crawl back to the hole you came from if you cant see the reasoning behind your " victory "

Was that supposed to mean something? any nobody can claim he played since "alpha", "beta", "whatever".
But news flashes, The official one is just a month old. So this so called "played since alpha" is just an empty boast with a lot of hot air, even if it's true.
Anyway, only the official version counts, not some incompleted/test version. :p

T1brys
03-28-2017, 06:55 PM
T1brys... you left me speechless XD

We were literally winning almost everyday. I can understand that you are sad, because knights were totally ****ty this time, but just relax and accept the defeat, or hope that Ubisoft will roll it back after servers are up.

Still, if samurai will win, the victory will be 100% earned, not like in the last round, with the cheaty comeback the last day.

defeat? what defeat? this one you claim you samurai's " won " due to ubisofts help with these " server issues " in a p2p game?;)
its not earned if its involving love from ubisoft, then its just given out, isnt ubisoft a asian company?

a unfair advantage dont validate a " win " like this.

to qoute someone from a fb-group

" Considering they ended the last2 rounds when Asia in most active in the world is ********. First round ended at 8 am NYC time last 2 ended early in the am like 4-6 am he same time. Time zone advantage to Asia witch Ubisoft is a Asian owned company and boom there ya go. That's how the Sams won the last 2. Round 2 Vikings were up by like 10 with 2 hours left then some how sams come from last to first? Wtf? "

massive02
03-28-2017, 07:02 PM
defeat? what defeat? this one you claim you samurai's " won " due to ubisofts help with these " server issues " in a p2p game?;)
its not earned if its involving love from ubisoft, then its just given out, isnt ubisoft a asian company?

a unfair advantage dont validate a " win " like this.

to qoute someone from a fb-group

" Considering they ended the last2 rounds when Asia in most active in the world is ********. First round ended at 8 am NYC time last 2 ended early in the am like 4-6 am he same time. Time zone advantage to Asia witch Ubisoft is a Asian owned company and boom there ya go. That's how the Sams won the last 2. Round 2 Vikings were up by like 10 with 2 hours left then some how sams come from last to first? Wtf? "

They are a french company

DrExtrem
03-28-2017, 07:04 PM
Actually, the division who made this game is franko-canadian.

Big difference.

Axidentalmoose
03-28-2017, 07:14 PM
All I see every time I play (which is almost every day) is the Knights dominating every territory they are either attacking or defending. Yet 'mysteriously' they lose again... ********! This not what is being reflected on the map. I don't care about the crates or anything, hell they are cheap enough anyway. It does annoy me that the results I see day in, day out on just about all the territories is not being reflected on the map or in the final result - which is utter bollocks.

Prophit618
03-28-2017, 07:15 PM
T1byrs:
Do the math. Forget about the samurai winning almost every turn this whole round, because none of them matter before the final day anyway (3 rounds is enough time to go from 1 territory to victory).
But as of the beginning of the final turn, when servers went down, it was impossible for anyone but the Samurai to win. Mathematically. It might feel like Ubi helped them, but in reality, it was already a lock.
Heck, I'm pretty sure it was a lock from the turn before last.
But if you need to tell yourself that Ubi gave sams the win, I understand. I assume you must be Viking, because the Knights tend to take their losses with decorum.

T1brys
03-28-2017, 07:19 PM
T1byrs:
Do the math. Forget about the samurai winning almost every turn this whole round, because none of them matter before the final day anyway (3 rounds is enough time to go from 1 territory to victory).
But as of the beginning of the final turn, when servers went down, it was impossible for anyone but the Samurai to win. Mathematically. It might feel like Ubi helped them, but in reality, it was already a lock.
Heck, I'm pretty sure it was a lock from the turn before last.
But if you need to tell yourself that Ubi gave sams the win, I understand. I assume you must be Viking, because the Knights tend to take their losses with decorum.

How intresting, apperently the servers did update the map when the servers didnt " work "

https://twitter.com/Poppa_Ghosts/status/846759998000648192/photo/1

its sad to see that so many are denying the facts, soon more will belive in northkoreas landing " on the dark side " of the sun AND their " unicorns that is living in some caves " ..

Ubisoft rigged the round, and just by looking around abit, you can see it aswell Prophit618

Prophit618
03-28-2017, 07:26 PM
This proves your point how?

Again, math doesn't lie. You were mathematically eliminated before the servers went down.

Are you claiming it was rigged for the samurai and the servers going down was just incidental? Cause it seemed like you were saying Samurai won because of the server outage.

If you're saying that the "rigging" is independent of the server outage, my apologies for misinterpreting your statement. Still you sound tin-foily as it would be in the game's best interest to give the round to Knights, not to Samurai, but it's a completely different argument

Gray360UK
03-28-2017, 07:33 PM

Again, math doesn't lie. You were mathematically eliminated before the servers went down.

Are you claiming it was rigged for the samurai and the servers going down was just incidental? Cause it seemed like you were saying Samurai won because of the server outage.

If you're saying that the "rigging" is independent of the server outage, my apologies for misinterpreting your statement. Still you sound tin-foily as it would be in the game's best interest to give the round to Knights, not to Samurai, but it's a completely different argument

He's a bit of a troll to be honest and just looking for Samurai to trash because I assume he is a bad loser. I've explained a few simple facts to him already in other threads but he's not interested in logic or reason.

cragar212
03-28-2017, 07:35 PM
The knights are going to win rounds 4 and 5!

T1brys
03-28-2017, 07:36 PM

what im saying is this.

reroll the servers to the point where the " servers " broke down, and from pictures both from twitter, and other similar communities, shows very cleary, that the servers infact was operating as normal when it comes to the faction war map, and that map was " magically " reset and changed even since noone could play OR get any infuences out.

ubisoft clearly manipulated the outcome of this round and take it from there, if the sam still wins, well, gf, if they dont, then we get the definite proof that the round was manipulated

Gray360UK
03-28-2017, 07:40 PM
The knights are going to win rounds 4 and 5!

http://img03.deviantart.net/c326/i/2016/334/f/f/for_honor_commission___warden__3_by_g21mm-daq6dvn.png

Kaeldian
03-28-2017, 07:50 PM
http://img03.deviantart.net/c326/i/2016/334/f/f/for_honor_commission___warden__3_by_g21mm-daq6dvn.png

You must of been a filthy Alb I'm thinking ;)

Ulrichvonbek111
03-28-2017, 07:52 PM
what im saying is this.

reroll the servers to the point where the " servers " broke down, and from pictures both from twitter, and other similar communities, shows very cleary, that the servers infact was operating as normal when it comes to the faction war map, and that map was " magically " reset and changed even since noone could play OR get any infuences out.

ubisoft clearly manipulated the outcome of this round and take it from there, if the sam still wins, well, gf, if they dont, then we get the definite proof that the round was manipulated

The points were rising and falling by 1 or 2 constantly on the map
I played the only mode possible which was Duel v AI ,,this allowed others and I to deploy assets....
Did you bother to try this ?
Probably not,,,hold back the rage and tears,,
take a deep breath,,and be honourable ...👺👹🌋

massive02
03-28-2017, 07:56 PM

Love the picture.Love the concept art. Although holding swords by the blade is a bad idea kids, do not try this at home

T1brys
03-28-2017, 07:58 PM
The points were rising and falling by 1 or 2 constantly on the map
I played the only mode possible which was Duel v AI ,,this allowed others and I to deploy assets....
Did you bother to try this ?
Probably not,,,hold back the rage and tears,,
take a deep breath,,and be honourable ...������

you speak of honor, yet you dont agree that the only honorable fix for this is to reroll the servers to the point before the " breaking " of the servers, in a p2p game?

Ontari
03-28-2017, 07:59 PM
T1brys... just stop the nonsense, please...

T1brys
03-28-2017, 08:10 PM
T1brys... just stop the nonsense, please...

what nonsense? the truth that you cant handle?

or the real point with rerolling the servers to the point where the " servers broke down " ?;)

how 'bout this, you accept the facts that things arent always like they look like. and you seem to swallow most ******** floating around the past few hours and firmy defending and argue for things that you see fit.

be honorful, accept the challange, and if you're right, well, sammy's will win, if you're wrong however, they wont. easy way to settle this argument.

if you dont agree, then please, dont rock the boat and fall in if you cant swim

danny_brasko1
03-28-2017, 08:19 PM

or the real point with rerolling the servers to the point where the " servers broke down " ?;)

how 'bout this, you accept the facts that things arent always like they look like. and you seem to swallow most ******** floating around the past few hours and firmy defending and argue for things that you see fit.

be honorful, accept the challange, and if you're right, well, sammy's will win, if you're wrong however, they wont. easy way to settle this argument.

mate even if samurai didn't play at all the Vikings still woyldnt have been able to come back, IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE, we had too much territories that round for the Vikings or knights to make a comeback, end of story

T1brys
03-28-2017, 08:21 PM
mate even if samurai didn't play at all the Vikings still woyldnt have been able to come back, IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE, we had too much territories that round for the Vikings or knights to make a comeback, end of story

" we " ? so you're playing the sammies then? that explains why you dont want the round to end in a fair fight

Gray360UK
03-28-2017, 08:22 PM

This is just so juvenile.

You're basically acting like a toddler saying 'okay well make the sun dissapear then, and if it goes dark then you're right, that's why it's light in the daytime'.

We all know its right, we can't do what you're asking and it's never going to happen, but no one else needs it to be done anyway, because it would only prove something that is already blatantly obvious to anyone with a brain.

danny_brasko1
03-28-2017, 08:25 PM
" we " ? so you're playing the sammies then? that explains why you dont want the round to end in a fair fight

I really don't understand how you cant get this into your thick brain, even if the servers were up and all factions were fighting SAMURAI HAD TOO MUCH TERRITORIES FOR THE OTHER 2 TO MAKE A COMEBACK what don't you get bro

T1brys
03-28-2017, 08:25 PM
so Gray, then you admit that i am correct, and has been from the start, Thank you!

so whats the issue with having it done right? afraid of the results?

danny_brasko1 i doupt my brain is any thicker then yours tho, tho it might be abit bigger then yours if you want to head down to a personal attack <3

Ontari
03-28-2017, 08:44 PM
This is actually foqen funny at this point. Go on man, if fits my mood after some beers XDDD

Gray360UK
03-28-2017, 08:47 PM
so Gray, then you admit that i am correct, and has been from the start, Thank you!

...lol? Cannot tell if serious.

... If you are serious and have somehow taken what I said backwards, the thing we all know is right is that the Samurais won. This is the thing you want proven. Like in my example you want it proven the Sun makes it light instead of dark. We all know the Samurai would have won anyway. We don't need a server re-roll to prove that anymore than we need someone to make the sun to dissapear to prove that it will go dark. It's also as likely that someone will make the sun dissapear as it is that we'll have a server re-roll.

Hope that's clearer for you this time :rolleyes:

/pat

Ulrichvonbek111
03-28-2017, 08:56 PM

A bit of humility,,,some honour,,,get some.
C'mon now,,here here,,it'll be alright.
Would you like a little glass of water?
Are you sure you're okay?
Have a little seat and have a break,,
Give your vindictiveness a wee rest now.
Yes we Samurai shall comfort you,,here here,,don't cry.

Ontari
03-28-2017, 09:04 PM
My nodachi is eager to replace your weak spine T1brys.

I guarantee durability and flexibility, and it has some cool flamy patterns on it :D

Ulrichvonbek111
03-28-2017, 09:09 PM
T1brys pulled my hair...BoooHooo 💮👹

SunlightTemplar
03-28-2017, 09:11 PM
Not this time bro! Sorry! We - Samurai - are not going to sleep before it ends!

obviously... if you watch the patterns weebs win alot at night and morning. seems like knights and vikings have jobs to get to

T1brys
03-28-2017, 09:12 PM
;)

Ulrichvonbek111
03-28-2017, 09:18 PM
I'm 73 year old Kensei
To you that's a sword saint
Retired....decapitater.....
Now out of retirement to collect heads....

Miyamoto Musashi.

Ulrichvonbek111 on PS4 if you want to part with your head,,
Go on T1brys,,SunlightTemplar give your heads a wee rest in my sack... 👺💮👹

UCFierce
03-28-2017, 09:32 PM
Two quick points that if ANYONE can answer in a fairly reasonable way I would sincerely appreciate it.
1. In the first three rounds HOW was it determined the scope/number of "territories in play/those up for contention" ?
because at the end of the last round there were significantly more territories up for grabs during the last two turns than there were at the end of these last two turns of this most recent round.
I agree that Samurai won based on the contention that there simply was not enough time or territory to be made up by either the Knights or the Vikings in the last turns.

2. Can ANYONE explain why the territories held AND territories gaining/losing CHANGED between the Samurai winning the round and seconds later ?
Please see connected photos in Twitter submission to UbiSoft: pic.twitter.com/xfEgt6l9ib

T1brys
03-28-2017, 09:36 PM
they cant UCFierce, and everyone ( well, almost everyone ) seems to be set on letting this **** be as it is and smile, theres no intergrity in the world anymore

buhahh125
03-28-2017, 09:38 PM
No integrity in the world? Based on a meta game outcome? Hrmmmm? :rolleyes:

NeoLocutus
03-28-2017, 11:02 PM
I'm a Kensei and Bushido prevents me from cheering for this win.

I'm lying, I giggled a bit XD

S.J.Lannister
03-28-2017, 11:29 PM
Next round if for Knights! :)

Draco_Nightstar
03-29-2017, 01:29 AM
So I guess I don't understand how this faction war thing works. Does it only matter when the round ends how many territories you have? And if so, what is the point of the other 14 days of the round? Just log in the last 6 hour update and play to win? Also, it seems a little broken to me cause if the Samurai are winning or will win the season, what's to stop everyone from just going over to the Samurai next season? How are they going to keep it balanced or fair? Can someone explain this whole thing to me cause it seems pointless to even deploy assets until the last day. :)

Gray360UK
03-29-2017, 01:54 AM
So I guess I don't understand how this faction war thing works. Does it only matter when the round ends how many territories you have? And if so, what is the point of the other 14 days of the round? Just log in the last 6 hour update and play to win? Also, it seems a little broken to me cause if the Samurai are winning or will win the season, what's to stop everyone from just going over to the Samurai next season? How are they going to keep it balanced or fair? Can someone explain this whole thing to me cause it seems pointless to even deploy assets until the last day. :)

You understand it just fine.

UbiJurassic
03-29-2017, 02:14 AM
Well played Samurai! But come next round, my fellow Knights will send you packing!

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7bujJO8ahWdyOfo4/giphy.gif

RealJayDee1984
03-29-2017, 02:45 AM
But come next round, my fellow Knights will send you packing!

Well, this fellow Knight renewed his Champion status yesterday because he knew he'd be able to manage to actively participate in the extremely deciding finale of a round for the first time. In the end he wasn't able to play even a single match before the round was over, and hasn't found the motivation to do so since. I can only speak for myself, but after the overall experience of those first three rounds and especially the ending of the last one please don't expect me to put too much effort into the whole affair for the rest of the Season.

:(

Delectable_Sin
03-29-2017, 04:18 AM
Who cares? It's a joke. All you have to do is win the final round to take the whole thing.

SnugglesIV
03-29-2017, 04:47 AM
Well played Samurai! But come next round, my fellow Knights will send you packing!

And let a tie occur? Over my dead body.

Lacoseb
03-29-2017, 05:12 AM
So the samurais won again, congratz dear samurais.

As a knight, since our last loss, I could tell most knights (and vikings) didn't give a crap about the faction war anymore, I know for sure that I didnt care and so did my brohter.
Looks like automatic deployments can't do miracles after all. lol

Sensei0331
03-29-2017, 06:46 AM
Faction War in nutshell, imo...

1. Factions fight each other to gain the most ground in the alotted time.
2. To gain ground, each faction must participate in a multiplayer match to obtain "assets" to deploy to their respective territories.
3. To effectively deploy assets, members of each faction should select A territory to defend or attack to get the most benefit instead of allowing all assets to deploy evenly across all territories of their respective faction.
4. When the alotted time is up and the round is over, the number of *controlled territories* of each faction is tallied and the winner is then declared.

*Controlled Territories* - (I'll try to explain the definition in small words/phrases so that it could be understood)
Means that the big number is showing spots you already have, the little number above it means those spots you can get (color green) or spots you will lose (color red).

Now, considering that, Knights had 17 territories, Vikings 14, Samurai 29. Looking at the stats from the final turn, Vikings could not win that round because they only had the 6 territories to gain, putting them at 20 controlled territories. They took control of the only territories the could get but it was not enough. The Knights, on the other hand, could have tied the Samurai. IF the Samurai still decided to not do anything that last turn, which they did, and the Knights pushed back against the Vikings, they too would have gained 6 territories. Do the math, both Samurai and Knights would have had 23. But the Knights got tired, lazy, or just gave up, so they lost.

Now look at the results of the 2nd to last turn. Vikings, if you had kept control of just two territories; specifically, the one in the exact middle of the map and the one to the right of the territory you managed to leave isolated at the final turn. By keeping control of just those two territories, along with the isolated one, and, again, IF the Samurai and Knights didn't do anything to stop you, you would've had 16 owned territories and stood to gain 9, totaling 25. Samurai would've had 27 and capable of losing 6 to you, the Vikings, totaling 21. Samurai could've lost, but since you made a strategical mistake going into the final round, you lost with no hope to win.

Is this a fixed game, favoring the Samurai? Okay. Yes. It is. Because, WE, the Samurai, are actually playing with our heads and not our "assets" 😆 Knights, get your "assets" in gear and join in the fun. Show your work, don't just do it. Vikings. Love the show and all, but at least have some dignity when you lose

teksuo1
03-29-2017, 06:51 AM

u still have any hopes for the knights at this point?!
I'm starting to think we're only decent when it comes to memes.

DrExtrem
03-29-2017, 07:16 AM
Faction War in nutshell, imo...

1. Factions fight each other to gain the most ground in the alotted time.
2. To gain ground, each faction must participate in a multiplayer match to obtain "assets" to deploy to their respective territories.
3. To effectively deploy assets, members of each faction should select A territory to defend or attack to get the most benefit instead of allowing all assets to deploy evenly across all territories of their respective faction.
4. When the alotted time is up and the round is over, the number of *controlled territories* of each faction is tallied and the winner is then declared.

*Controlled Territories* - (I'll try to explain the definition in small words/phrases so that it could be understood)
Means that the big number is showing spots you already have, the little number above it means those spots you can get (color green) or spots you will lose (color red).

Now, considering that, Knights had 17 territories, Vikings 14, Samurai 29. Looking at the stats from the final turn, Vikings could not win that round because they only had the 6 territories to gain, putting them at 20 controlled territories. They took control of the only territories the could get but it was not enough. The Knights, on the other hand, could have tied the Samurai. IF the Samurai still decided to not do anything that last turn, which they did, and the Knights pushed back against the Vikings, they too would have gained 6 territories. Do the math, both Samurai and Knights would have had 23. But the Knights got tired, lazy, or just gave up, so they lost.

Now look at the results of the 2nd to last turn. Vikings, if you had kept control of just two territories; specifically, the one in the exact middle of the map and the one to the right of the territory you managed to leave isolated at the final turn. By keeping control of just those two territories, along with the isolated one, and, again, IF the Samurai and Knights didn't do anything to stop you, you would've had 16 owned territories and stood to gain 9, totaling 25. Samurai would've had 27 and capable of losing 6 to you, the Vikings, totaling 21. Samurai could've lost, but since you made a strategical mistake going into the final round, you lost with no hope to win.

Is this a fixed game, favoring the Samurai? Okay. Yes. It is. Because, WE, the Samurai, are actually playing with our heads and not our "assets" �� Knights, get your "assets" in gear and join in the fun. Show your work, don't just do it. Vikings. Love the show and all, but at least have some dignity when you lose

Fun? ... What fun? Servers go down in during the last round.

This whole feature is useless, because only the last turn counts. Basically, it is important to suck during the turn until the last three turns, get the asset bonus for the last day and pull through. I stopped caring after turn two.

You did not won because you played smart - you won, because knights and Vikings put heavy pressure on you during weekend. You won, because the system made you win.

Lacoseb
03-29-2017, 07:35 AM
Fun? ... What fun? Servers go down in during the last round.

This whole feature is useless, because only the last turn counts. Basically, it is important to suck during the turn until the last three turns, get the asset bonus for the last day and pull through. I stopped caring after turn two.

You did not won because you played smart - you won, because knights and Vikings put heavy pressure on you during weekend. You won, because the system made you win.

That
+ pls don't get all cocky because you guys won 2 round in a row, you got destroyed in round one and got destroyed during 14 days in round 2, but like he said only the last day matter anyway. If there is more players of a faction playing during the last phase of the round, victory is almost guarantee for them.
In my time-zone I noticed that most knights are playing in the morning, samurais in evenings and vikings at night. (I repeat IN MY TIME ZONE, it might be different for you) round 1 endded at night and no suprise to me viking had the victory, third round ended in the evening and samurai got the victory. its not about playing smart it's about how many of your faction players is online during the last 3-4 hours of the round.

DrExtrem
03-29-2017, 08:07 AM
Add to that, that knights usually are very weak from Monday to Thursday, while they are catching up on Friday evening and during the weekend.

dreampage
03-29-2017, 08:22 AM
The whole season is sealed now, Samurai will win and possibly even more players will join that faction now that it's clear. That makes it even more in favor of them. I guess Samurai is the "coolest" faction of the three and that's why most people have chosen them. More people mean more war assets and it's basically done. Not a problem though, I only deploy my war assets now to get the achievements for it. Not really motivated by this world map thing since the game is so unbalanced and has so many issues. Good for Samurai, though, I hope they'll get some cool rewards in the end.

Marcrele
03-29-2017, 08:41 AM
The whole season is sealed now, Samurai will win and possibly even more players will join that faction now that it's clear. That makes it even more in favor of them. I guess Samurai is the "coolest" faction of the three and that's why most people have chosen them. More people mean more war assets and it's basically done. Not a problem though, I only deploy my war assets now to get the achievements for it. Not really motivated by this world map thing since the game is so unbalanced and has so many issues. Good for Samurai, though, I hope they'll get some cool rewards in the end.

Is there any statistic of how many people each faction has? My subjective thought is that knights are the majority.

Captain-Courage
03-29-2017, 10:02 AM
Is there any statistic of how many people each faction has? My subjective thought is that knights are the majority.

And a statistic of how many people actually care about faction wars, how many actually manualy deploy their assets. I stoped at the end of the first round, seeing how the system was useless and very badly designed.
It even hurts the game more than anything else, it brings absolutely nothing substancial gameplay wise, the UI is a total mess because of that, I can't even believe how it could have passed the first rounds of iteration and tests, really.
Looks like an amateur work, noob developpers trying hard to design a strategy mode because ... reasons.

No seriously, you all know this feature is there more for a marketing , communication and hype building than a gameplay purpose, right ?

Draghmar
03-29-2017, 10:12 AM
[...]I can't even believe how it could have passed the first rounds of iteration and tests, really.
Oh, that's actually quite easy - decisions were made at the end of production process and then there was no to time to make it good enough. ;)

NeoLocutus
03-29-2017, 10:18 AM

On my dead body! XD
We shall win round 4 too! XD

BTW, factions war gameplay question: what happens if Samurai really win round 4? will round 5 still be played, even if Samurai mathematically won the war?

DrExtrem
03-29-2017, 10:52 AM
It is entirely possible, that only the last rounds decides the seasons outcome.

NeoLocutus
03-29-2017, 11:16 AM
An interesting scenario would be if Vikings win Round 4. Knights will not win the war no matter what, so what will they do? Fight for themselves or make an alliance and support another faction?

Ulrichvonbek111
03-29-2017, 06:15 PM
And a statistic of how many people actually care about faction wars, how many actually manualy deploy their assets. I stoped at the end of the first round, seeing how the system was useless and very badly designed.
It even hurts the game more than anything else, it brings absolutely nothing substancial gameplay wise, the UI is a total mess because of that, I can't even believe how it could have passed the first rounds of iteration and tests, really.
Looks like an amateur work, noob developpers trying hard to design a strategy mode because ... reasons.

No seriously, you all know this feature is there more for a marketing , communication and hype building than a gameplay purpose, right ?

I bet you deployed assets in Betas ,,
but after losing to the Vikings in the first round maybe lost a bit of heart,
the Samurai's took next two .
I think lot's of people manage the few seconds it takes to deploy assets.
I've seen all the top streamers deploy,,
My friend what I don't understand about all who post about factions war meaning nothing then why bother posting....Respect to you and good knight....

Ulrichvonbek111
03-29-2017, 06:30 PM
It is entirely possible, that only the last rounds decides the seasons outcome.

You pray it does..
The knights need to take the one then if Vikings win last round then it's stalemate between Samurai's and Vikings...
Though if Knight's don't deploy assets wisely or can't be bothered (petulance)
then they can only blame their unchivalrous behavior for what could be a Samurai victory if the Vikings fall short.
Imagine a total capitulation of..........
the Deus Vult cult..

Captain-Courage
03-29-2017, 07:14 PM
I bet you deployed assets in Betas ,,
but after losing to the Vikings in the first round maybe lost a bit of heart,
the Samurai's took next two .
I think lot's of people manage the few seconds it takes to deploy assets.
I've seen all the top streamers deploy,,
My friend what I don't understand about all who post about factions war meaning nothing then why bother posting....Respect to you and good knight....

Because they express their disatisfaction about a game feature that Ubi has strongly communicated on (it was its only purpose actually), could have been really interesting indeed, moreover when you come from games where it actualy matters and is done in real time in an real persistent openworld (like Planetside for example), but reveals itself to be ... actually devoid of any substance regarding gameplay and what it really brings to the game.

Knights would have won the 3 rounds that I wouldn't deploy more. I don't give a flying **** about steel and chests, nor about the faction I play for since you can play every hero with every faction, or what the XBOX and PS4 players are doing, since I can't actually play with them. I already got everything I want for the class I play, GS 108 since I don't know when, and their gear system is a mess also by the way (Chivalry system is a much better one, but hey, not as easy to monetize, vertical systems are always easier). They could get rid of it entirely and turn it into a pure cosmetic system that it would be an actual service for the game.

Putting lipstick on a pig isn't the formula to produce good game design.
Ubi did a very bad job on these points, so players let them know.

DrExtrem
03-29-2017, 08:37 PM
You pray it does..
The knights need to take the one then if Vikings win last round then it's stalemate between Samurai's and Vikings...
Though if Knight's don't deploy assets wisely or can't be bothered (petulance)
then they can only blame their unchivalrous behavior for what could be a Samurai victory if the Vikings fall short.
Imagine a total capitulation of..........
the Deus Vult cult..

Like I f*****ng care about faction war anymore.

It was interesting during the first turn. Then, the samurai won the second, despite sucking for all turns, except the last two.

The system wants you to think, that you are participating to a larger goal. Its a strategy to bind you emotionally to the game and make you think, your matches had a reason.

Steinerd.
03-29-2017, 08:48 PM
Where rewards?

Ulrichvonbek111
03-30-2017, 02:29 AM
Like I f*****ng care about faction war anymore.

It was interesting during the first turn. Then, the samurai won the second, despite sucking for all turns, except the last two.

The system wants you to think, that you are participating to a larger goal. Its a strategy to bind you emotionally to the game and make you think, your matches had a reason.

So you imply you don't care anymore,,what. ..shame for you that you spat the dummy so soon...

How do you think the Samurai players felt losing the Alpha all the Beta's then the 1st round in the faction war proper ?
A few changed sides with the illusion of maybe uughh collecting shiny shiny.
The rest remained honourable and fought on resolutely,,deploying
assets wisely. ...
This was done whilst slanderous remarks were being made by certain members of the knight and viking factions,,claiming the end of the Samurai. ..
So yes I feel your frustrations,,,I understand why the dummy got spat out,
you just cannot face up to the acceptance that We the true honourable are at peace in war...
Grin and bare it,,,a bitter pill indeed.

Have a peaceful knight....

Captain-Courage
03-30-2017, 09:57 AM
What is hard to understand about the fact that Faction wars is a subpar game feature ?

They tried to put some persistency in a lobby arena based game. It doesn't work.
Either you do a real persistent openworld with real strategic deployments in real time and masive battles (like Planetside 2 or numerous RvR MMORPGS), either you do a real lobby based arena game with stats and rankings (and real server hosting infrastructure for the community, not a P2P system that can even put your system at risk ...).
The only thing you can do here is press 2 buttons in a very badly designed UI with segregated servers. That gameplay ....

Genuine question : do you play on console or PC ?
That could explain some things I think.
No offense, elitism or anykind or "PC masterace" bs, but exclusive console players still really and sadly don't know (except some scarce exceptions) what massive games with real persistent strategic implications are, with a leader and a chain of command coordinating up to 48 players in games like Planetside 2, or even more, in battles that can count hundreds, and in real time. Thus, their standards can be lower because they just never experienced something better, bigger.
When you come from a game where faction wars is a real thing, the system of For Honor just looks like a bad joke, a silly attempt to do "like a grownup" from a 4th grade schoolkid, so you end up not giving a ****.

About that

How do you think the Samurai players felt losing the Alpha all the Beta's then the 1st round in the faction war proper ?

Nothing.
They felt nothing, and if they did, they're just stupid, or have a really boring and empty life to care about that, I dont know.
Alpha and Beta, for God's sake ! You already know everything will be wiped before even entering it, it's for testing pusposes.
Is it you first online game or what ?
And as the system by itself is anecdotal and meaningless, why should anyone give a damn ?

tonycawley69
03-30-2017, 10:28 AM
What is hard to understand about the fact that Faction wars is a subpar game feature ?

They tried to put some persistency in a lobby arena based game. It doesn't work.
Either you do a real persistent openworld with real strategic deployments in real time and masive battles (like Planetside 2 or numerous RvR MMORPGS), either you do a real lobby based arena game with stats and rankings (and real server hosting infrastructure for the community, not a P2P system that can even put your system at risk ...).
The only thing you can do here is press 2 buttons in a very badly designed UI with segregated servers. That gameplay ....

Genuine question : do you play on console or PC ?
That could explain some things I think.
No offense, elitism or anykind or "PC masterace" bs, but exclusive console players still really and sadly don't know (except some scarce exceptions) what massive games with real persistent strategic implications are, with a leader and a chain of command coordinating up to 48 players in games like Planetside 2, or even more, in battles that can count hundreds, and in real time. Thus, their standards can be lower because they just never experienced something better, bigger.
When you come from a game where faction wars is a real thing, the system of For Honor just looks like a bad joke, a silly attempt to do "like a grownup" from a 4th grade schoolkid, so you end up not giving a ****.

You do know that Planetside 2 is available on PS4? Right? Right?

Captain-Courage
03-30-2017, 10:46 AM
You do know that Planetside 2 is available on PS4? Right? Right?

Yes of course, but as Daybreak / ex SOE doesn't do any kind or marketing and is sadly rooted in its own internal struggle (too bad for Everquest), it's not known, it's like the game was never released in fact, even more because it's not a traditional consoles licence to begin with.
Plus they had to do a lot of concessions for this version to be playable (same with the PS3 attempt), even PS4 struggles to render big battles in a satisfying maneer, and the UI is really not at all controller firendly on top of that. In their line of products, DCUO did much better in this regard because it was designed to be easily adapted on consoles since the beginning.

For other MMOs yeah, you got FF14. But it's not at all a PvP focused MMO, more a PvE centric themepark, and MMOs still tend to be PC exclusive.

DrExtrem
03-30-2017, 11:11 AM
So you imply you don't care anymore,,what. ..shame for you that you spat the dummy so soon...

A few changed sides with the illusion of maybe uughh collecting shiny shiny.
The rest remained honourable and fought on resolutely,,deploying
assets wisely. ...
This was done whilst slanderous remarks were being made by certain members of the knight and viking factions,,claiming the end of the Samurai. ..
So yes I feel your frustrations,,,I understand why the dummy got spat out,
you just cannot face up to the acceptance that We the true honourable are at peace in war...
Grin and bare it,,,a bitter pill indeed.

Have a peaceful knight....

Well. Because the faction war is a useless feature, that is broken and intransparent.

First. You don't get anything by grinning like an idiot and sucking it up. You don't bare it. You fight - what i did. The problem is, that the system behind the faction war, tries to even out "imbalance". You can not beat a system, that rewards you based on your faction.

It is a rigged system and I simply don't support this crap. If we knights happen to win the last round, you samurai would be the first who are complaining. The difference is, that I would not say: "take it like a man.", because a victory in faction war is based on sucking badly, except for the last three rounds. Your faction did not win, because you deployed your assets wisely, you won, because you gon an asset bonus for upcoming territory changed. *golfclap*

And I don't imply that I don't care, I really don't care about this mini game anymore. I am busy starting the next round.

If I feel frustration, it is not because of a loss - If I happen to be frustrated, it would be because of how bad this feature actually is made.