PDA

View Full Version : I don't understand faction wars.

Xb1MasterNoctis
03-28-2017, 12:29 PM
How do they work, do we play for 8 days gathering points and at the end faction with the most points win if so samurai should clearly win this round as well or is there no point, in till playing the last 1 or 2 days if it not collecting points base just matters on the last day.

Gray360UK
03-28-2017, 12:32 PM
Popular opinion is there is no point playing until near the end. The rounds are long and your faction can be 'winning' for many turns, but this makes no difference in the end. It is a badly broken system that doesn't really work as a reflection of which faction is the most powerful, played the most or earned the most War Assets. It only seems to reflect who placed War Assets in the right places in the last few turns.

Xb1MasterNoctis
03-28-2017, 12:47 PM
Thank you Gray.

Captain-Courage
03-28-2017, 01:13 PM
I don't understand faction wars.

Don't worry, Ubi doesn't either.

Xb1MasterNoctis
03-28-2017, 01:44 PM
Don't worry, Ubi doesn't either.

That made my day.

DrExtrem
03-28-2017, 01:57 PM
Its bs.

Simple bs. Last round, the samurai won, despite having far less assets gathered. They had more territories and territories is what you need to win. The knights are usually strong on weekends and by mid week, their opposing factions get a huge bonus on assets and push the knights back.

The whole system is intransparent and more and more frustrating.

FightingFerrets
03-28-2017, 03:07 PM
I'm a Knight and we've been getting our asses handed to us these past two weeks...if we win this round it's as broken as it gets!