PDA

View Full Version : Every guard break should be able to be countered. Period.

supermaldo93
03-28-2017, 07:35 AM
This unbreakable GB after a parry is cheese and results in stupid slow gameplay. Every GB should be able to be countered, and not be just some free damage spam.

TCTF_SWAT
03-28-2017, 07:39 AM
Every Gb? Might wanna reword that one.

supermaldo93
03-28-2017, 07:43 AM
Every Gb? Might wanna reword that one.
Does GB stand for something other than guard break? Lol if it doesn't than I meant it. I don't like that so many players rely on this broken mechanic to do any damage. It's cheap and ruins gameplay.

secrecy274
03-28-2017, 07:54 AM
Lol, "broken mechanic".
No, a free GB after a parry is fine, it's your fault for being obvious with your attacks.
Free GB during dodge is also fine, it's a nice way to punish dodgers.

supermaldo93
03-28-2017, 08:01 AM
Lol, "broken mechanic".
No, a free GB after a parry is fine, it's your fault for being obvious with your attacks.
Free GB during dodge is also fine, it's a nice way to punish dodgers.
So how exactly are people supposed to fight if they can't dodge, and they can't attack? Parrying is incredible easy. It's a low risk high reward mechanic that needs to be toned down. Aggressive attacks and dodging keeps gameplay fast and exciting. As it is now, the current meta is wait until your opponent attacks. Believe me. The players who think the game is fine the way it is are the minority. Player count is evidence of this.

massive02
03-28-2017, 08:07 AM
I agree. I think it's better if the gb just leads to the free heavy instead of gb. Since that's the end goal anyway. Currently having cgb work only sometimes can be confusing

Iuslez_
03-28-2017, 08:32 AM
I agree. I think it's better if the gb just leads to the free heavy instead of gb. Since that's the end goal anyway. Currently having cgb work only sometimes can be confusing
Thing is, some classes can't parry into heavy. That would be a huge nerf to them. Also, some classes heavily rely on the parry > gb > combo to be viable (raider comes to mind), removing that would mean rebalancing all those classes.

It can (and maybe should) be done, but it's way more work than just "give no free gb after a parry"

And I disagree that gb only working sometimes is confusing, it is usually quite clear whether or not it is guaranteed

DEOVONTAY
03-28-2017, 08:45 AM
Thing is, some classes can't parry into heavy. That would be a huge nerf to them. Also, some classes heavily rely on the parry > gb > combo to be viable (raider comes to mind), removing that would mean rebalancing all those classes.

It can (and maybe should) be done, but it's way more work than just "give no free gb after a parry"

And I disagree that gb only working sometimes is confusing, it is usually quite clear whether or not it is guaranteed

Quite clear? The indicator is exactly the same as any other GB and the conditions for a free GB are never explained in the tutorial. The only way to understand them is to just pour hours into the game or do a fair amount of research online.

Unclear mechanics (which this one CERTAINLY is) are just part of the absolutely god awful new player experience, which in turn is the reason why no one is still playing this game. You can't have **** matchmaking, **** networking, and a **** tutorial that doesn't explain half the mechancis in the game and expect people to stick around.

Edit:

The free GB issue is further complicated when you acknowledge the debuff resistance stat glitch is still in the game somehow, despite Ubisoft saying it would be patched "soon". If you don't already know, maxing your debuff resistance stat lets you CGB any GB off a parry.

massive02
03-28-2017, 09:58 AM

Just because it's a a lot of work to rebalance doesnt mean it shouldn't be done. The flow of battle will be better.

Also what deovontay said it's not clear. Here is an example. You can get a guarantee gb on a kensei dodge attack but not on an orochi. You can get a guaranteed gb off a block from a valkyire light but not a nobushi. All of these micro mechanics is something you would only pick up by playing a lot and it will only get worst as the roster expands.

Because of the gb inconsistencies it makes the game unfriendly to new players, and they'll just keep thinking counter gb is broken because of it.