PDA

View Full Version : Who is the genius behind the warhound?

aCid_Vicious
03-28-2017, 04:06 AM
I know this is an old game, but I just started playing through the campaign and I can't seem to find anything on the web about this...

What is the point of the warhound? Maybe if they put a camera on it and operated as a proper UGV it would make sense.

The player has to have line-of-sight to order the warhound to fire on targets. This completely negates the point of using indirect fire (mortars, guided rockets) and it also defeats the point of using an unmanned vehicle. Not to mention the warhound is moving up ahead of the team and has line-of-sight well before they do.

Maybe this has been discussed to death or maybe I'm missing something here, but I feel compelled to point this out and I would love to know who thought this was a good idea or thought it made sense at all in the campaign.

I finished the arctic mission the slightest bit concerned that the next thing I would be doing is driving the ghosts through the streets of Jalalabad in an Abrams battletank with spinning rims. Put some D's on it.