PDA

View Full Version : Warlords should not have auto revive.

Divinefist4256
03-28-2017, 12:59 AM
My problem with it is that they are hard enough to kill as it is, but it just makes it worse when after they die they can simply pick themselves back up. It is pretty bad that when the match is already down to a one on three fight for you to try to even the odds just to have the warlord you killed come straight back to life at full strength.

AkenoKobayashi
03-28-2017, 02:01 AM
Auto Revive is outright a stupid perk to add in a game like this. Sure, heal from killing minions or just out of combat, but no auto revive.

TCTF_SWAT
03-28-2017, 02:13 AM
Then execute them or throw them into hazards. Or you throw them off fatal ledges (but still revival) then do a drop attack. Nothing they can do about that but just sit there and take it.

Divinefist4256
03-28-2017, 03:08 AM
Then execute them or throw them into hazards. Or you throw them off fatal ledges (but still revival) then do a drop attack. Nothing they can do about that but just sit there and take it.

The problem with this is that, as I said, if you get put in a situation where you are fighting three guys at once, they are not exactly going to let you execute their teammate.

xmelesiox
03-28-2017, 09:55 AM
The problem with this is that, as I said, if you get put in a situation where you are fighting three guys at once, they are not exactly going to let you execute their teammate.

If you're fighting 3 guys at once and they don't allow you to execute they are going to pick him up already.

Warlord gets Regenerate, Fire Flask or Auto Revive for level 4 perks.

Regenerate is useless because you have to be outside of combat so in a deathmatch there are tons of heals close by that are more effective and that you can get before the regenerate gives you much, you're usually going to get execute health that'll make it not very effective and in dominion you're usually the one boosting a point because you get bonus experience from that as being a warlord.

Fire Flask is Fire Flask. It's cool but lets be honest the damage isn't that amazing. As my raider I've managed to kick people back into it repeatidly for a effect or I charge and carry them through it taking damage myself. Beyond those tactics it isn't that great. I've used it to hold a point by blocking an entrance.

Then you have Auto Revive. I play Warlord and I can honestly say I've had it pop probably less then 20 times. My Warlord is pretty high prestige so the game to auto revive ratio is pretty low. Most of the time if I die I'm executed or hazard killed. Best way to kill a warlord is throw that jerk off a ledge or into spikes rather then breaking his defense and huge hp pool. It just doesn't happen that frequently. I've only had it turn a game a few times when I'm the last one alive, I die without being executing cause two or more people are beating on me, they all start celebrating and I stand back up to drop one or two before they realize what's going on or sneak away to take a point to stop my team from breaking.

With a max feat reduction build I don't see it come back off cool down very often IF I hit level four super fast AND manage to use it before the game ends. I've never auto revived twice.

The only thing I think MAYBE should be changed is I shouldn't auto revived if the battle is over. That part is a little odd because combats over. If it's dominion I'm the last one alive and we all got killed the game should end rather then me stand back up to reinitiate the fight. Same in elimination especially because they can be incredibly over powering in elimination. I've probably revenged and manage to execute 1 or 2 of you before going down so a second life when I'm the last person can win the game.

Xb1MasterNoctis
03-28-2017, 12:16 PM
My problem with it is that they are hard enough to kill as it is, but it just makes it worse when after they die they can simply pick themselves back up. It is pretty bad that when the match is already down to a one on three fight for you to try to even the odds just to have the warlord you killed come straight back to life at full strength.

That what happens when you hire people that use to work on World of Warcraft there BS comes over too. I don't mind it to much just another kill for me.