PDA

View Full Version : Matchmaking For New Players

False-.
03-27-2017, 09:47 PM
Okay, I do not know if I am the only one this applies to but I am a new player looking to learn how to play this game. I try to join a balanced game against people within my skill level. I am a level 3 Kensei and I am being made to 1v1 prestiges and level 16s. I don't know if this happens to anyone else but this really annoys me.

CandleInTheDark
03-27-2017, 10:31 PM
It might well be that it is matchmaking you based on that you are both rep zero, I got in early but I spent my first few hours practising against bots in how to play and custom matches.

That_guy44
03-27-2017, 10:41 PM
Bro you aren't lying!!! First night I played this game I was a lvl 2 Valkyrie matched against a reputation 4 peacekeeper. I tried dominion later and its worse. Why even put reputation 3 player in a lobby when everyone else is 2 or below. Of course the rep 3 guy is going to have a huge advantage. That's bad matchmaking.

secrecy274
03-28-2017, 12:08 AM
Yeah, my first round (a duel) was against a rep 9 Warden... guess who won :/

Tyler-Durdin
03-28-2017, 12:30 AM
Reason is simply lack of players at your level and a general lack of players overall.

UbiJurassic
03-28-2017, 12:50 AM
We are aware of the imbalance present in matckmaking and we are investigating several fixes and suggestions from the community to resolve it.

AkenoKobayashi
03-28-2017, 02:04 AM
Hero level shouldn't be the deciding factor...otherwise pros will intentionally choose the lowest level heros and destroy the newbies that are the same or similar levels. Gearscore is what it should be based on. And connection strength.

xKrazyFrogx
03-28-2017, 02:20 AM
I did a suggestion 3 weeks ago, I would change this by Player have to pick what they want to play and than Queue.. this way it will be more balance by the character level and armor you choose to play

UbiJurassic
03-28-2017, 02:26 AM
I did a suggestion 3 weeks ago, I would change this by Player have to pick what they want to play and than Queue.. this way it will be more balance by the character level and armor you choose to play

We've certainly seen that suggestion from quite a few players. It has been forwarded to the development team for consideration. :D

Xb1MasterNoctis
03-28-2017, 04:33 AM
Okay, I do not know if I am the only one this applies to but I am a new player looking to learn how to play this game. I try to join a balanced game against people within my skill level. I am a level 3 Kensei and I am being made to 1v1 prestiges and level 16s. I don't know if this happens to anyone else but this really annoys me.

When i started playing i went up against rep 2 and 3s that how i learnt to play now i pub stomp left and right playing against good people best way to learn because it filters out all the noob mistake people make.

GreenRanger XI
03-28-2017, 04:41 AM
We are aware of the imbalance present in matckmaking and we are investigating several fixes and suggestions from the community to resolve it.

It's called an Elo system.

veezyonceagain
03-28-2017, 06:14 AM
happens to all of us in the beginning, but don't worry the more you play the better you will become, the learning curve in For Honor is steep, just take the time to practise against A.I and learn the little nuances/movesets of Kensei and you'll be beheading people in no time.

tonycawley69
03-28-2017, 08:44 AM
The problem with splitting matchmaking further is that the active player base is too small.
Having said that, I'd rather wait 10 minutes for an appropriate match up than get a game in 3 minutes against superheroes when I'm trying to learn a new character.

Xb1MasterNoctis
03-28-2017, 08:53 AM

Doesn't matter if you guys are aware of it or not i mean no disrespect but no one can fix this i could make a new account and run rage with a new account.

Marcrele
03-28-2017, 10:03 AM
I don't see much of a problem fixing the matchmaking. For Duels and brawl, where gear doesn't matter match the overall prestige of the players (in consideration of k/d ratio maybe). For any other game mode match the gear against each other: done!

I don't mind getting my *** kicked for a few rounds. Most of us are able to adapt and learn of ones fault.

We.the.North
03-28-2017, 10:10 AM

Expect a change in 1-6 months.

DrinkinMehStella
03-28-2017, 10:16 AM
Yes this can be really frustrating for new players, luckily i have played this game from release so my main can keep up with the other players but when i want to use a new hero im matched with high rep player and im level 1.

DarthDowty
03-30-2017, 12:06 AM
Im having the same problem. Play a bit against AI (which I dont really want to do to learn), then I feel brave and think ill try PVP again. Get in a match where im clearly agains guys that are superior in gear, ability and level. I get face rolled, I get frustrated and it leaves me not wanting to play the game :( It would be great to get matched against players of similar level so that I can learn more. i dont feel i learn anything against those skilled guys as the fights are over before ive figured out whats going on.