PDA

View Full Version : Help pick my next champion

MassiveD.
03-27-2017, 02:59 PM
Hey guys,

So I've been training alot recently with the champions I have, and decided that I need a new one for my collection.

So far I have at rep 3:

- Shugoki
- Orochi
- Nobushi
- Conqueror
- Warden
- Warlord

and currently am deciding between getting Kensei, Valkyrie, or Peace Keeper.

What would you guys suggest I get next? One of the 3? Or maybe a different champion entirely?

I would like to hear your opinions on what I should choose next and why, thanks for the input

guor6800
03-27-2017, 03:10 PM
Imo go for Kensei. I believe that Kensei has the deepest gameplay out of all the chars. Its easy to learn his basics but extremelly hard to master him.
Valkyrie seems fun.
Pk i dont even want to start about her

Plutonium Bug
03-27-2017, 03:12 PM
Raider! Raider! Raider!!. Legendary

CandleInTheDark
03-27-2017, 03:31 PM
Of the ones you mentioned I have played Peacekeeper (27 levels, only one of mine to hit a rep point so far) and Valkyrie (11 levels or so). Until the first two new characters drop I am pretty much bouncing around champions.

Peacekeeper is probably the fastest in the game, her side dodges are amazing, it was the one that brought me into the game and I had intended to main because quick and dual weild are my general beat em up style. The thing for me was I missed out on a large bit of her kit because when I have speed I like to stay mobile so I didn't use the guardbreaks, my play pretty much consisted of dodge to try and get deflect, either cause bleed or get a light in, repeat.

Valkyrie is near as fast as the peacekeeper with better range, people will talk about the shield bash being overpowered and the sweep, in low level play they are noob killers. The shield bash is dodgeable and punishable unlike the warden shoulder charge, the sweep is dodgeable though if you have a light after the shield bash (which you have to hit, not get blocked) it comes out quicker, this leads into the heavy soft cancel shield bash-light-sweep-heavy-shield bash-sweep-heavy combo that people complain about. The backward dodge into all guard which releases into a charge is a good option against conquerors and orochi if you time it right and like the shield bash counts as first in a chain I believe.

Right now I am playing berserker, their infinite chain trumps a peacekeeper's light spam at low level in my opinion, I have taken out orochi and peacekeepers in one chain though I tend to keep it for if the peacekeeper is light spamming, obviously at higher level it is parryable. I think they are the only ones that can soft cancel with a dodge and dodging gives four options (light side and top lights and topheavy), so that and the infinite chain lead to very quick changes of direction in attack and their feints are pretty quick also.

MassiveD.
03-27-2017, 03:37 PM
Raider! Raider! Raider!!. Legendary

Why raider? :P

Plutonium Bug
03-27-2017, 04:21 PM
Don't see that many raiders and he does look cool.
And he is legendary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O8vSN7ojE8 from 4:05 for the lolz

massive02
03-27-2017, 04:28 PM
Go with kensei. Honestly learning kensei will make you a better player when you go back to the other classes.

Kensei will teach you feint, distance management. Mixups better then most classes.

Raider is also really good as well

firehead2015
03-27-2017, 05:27 PM
Daddy Weabo

MassiveD.
03-27-2017, 06:14 PM
Go with kensei. Honestly learning kensei will make you a better player when you go back to the other classes.

Kensei will teach you feint, distance management. Mixups better then most classes.

Raider is also really good as well

Mmmm, some very good points there

MassiveD.
03-27-2017, 06:16 PM
Daddy Weabo

also this :D

MassiveD.
03-27-2017, 07:03 PM
Man I'm still torn tho, I do not know whom should I get next....

Kensei seems very convincing, but I played all the other samurais, only played 1 viking and 2 knigths, raider seems ok, but wouldnt valkyrie be better them him?

About the knights, not too keen about LB, seems like one trick pony to me, but PK is interesting, it's easy to loose against them, maybe it would be benefitial to play as one to learn what makes them tick?

Supercool5150
03-27-2017, 07:18 PM
Go Kensai if you like the Samurai, but I do agree Raider if you just want a hero that is just fun to play. He has the best emote.:cool:

MassiveD.
03-27-2017, 07:37 PM
Go Kensai if you like the Samurai, but I do agree Raider if you just want a hero that is just fun to play. He has the best emote.:cool:

:P I think best emote goes to the fapping warden spam, lol.

I have decided, my next champion is Valkyrie :) thank you for your input guys