PDA

View Full Version : Dodging Guardbreak

GireMeem
03-27-2017, 08:08 AM
Iv had many times that i dodge opponents guardbreak, even when he is is exhausted but he still manages to grab me.
Has this happened to others?

When i see the enemys Guarbreak logo i just stand still and let it happen then i counter it, but dodging to the side and punishing him is not working.

MassiveD.
03-27-2017, 09:52 AM
Iv had many times that i dodge opponents guardbreak, even when he is is exhausted but he still manages to grab me.

When i see the enemys Guarbreak logo i just stand still and let it happen then i counter it, but dodging to the side and punishing him is not working.

Lol, thats because guardbreak primarily is implemented to counter dodging, you trying to counter guardbreak by dodging is like trying to counter a knee with your face :D

guor6800
03-27-2017, 10:01 AM

GB is countered only with GB. If you try to dodge GB,it has tracking and manages to get you.

you trying to counter guardbreak by dodging is like trying to counter a knee with your face :D

Couldn't have said it better.

Trenk2009
03-27-2017, 11:11 PM

No **** sherlock, here's the explanation: YOU CAN'T DODGE A GB.

Simple as that.

UbiJurassic
03-28-2017, 01:36 AM
Please feel free to correct me if I am mistaken, but GB actually can be disrupted with a dodge assuming it is a rolling dodge and not a dodge while locked on to your target.

NOT_PeaceKeeper
03-28-2017, 02:04 AM
Please feel free to correct me if I am mistaken, but GB actually can be disrupted with a dodge assuming it is a rolling dodge and not a dodge while locked on to your target.

Yea but you can only roll so many times before your out of stamina

teksuo1
03-28-2017, 03:25 AM
Yea but you can only roll so many times before your out of stamina

whiffing a guardbreak costs stamina too. goes both ways.

xmelesiox
03-28-2017, 10:02 AM
I think dodging should avoid a guard break honestly. If somebody is trying to grab you and you side step/move out of the way then they aren't going to get a hold of you in reality. If someone reaches for you and you jump back they aren't going to magically grow longer armors or slide forward suddenly to grab you - they tried to grab you where you were standing a second ago not where you moved too. Much less if you manage to get all the way to their right side as they reach out. In this game I've initiating a dodge before someone started a GB and pretty much standing next to them as they guard break forward then POOF I'm grabbed despite the animation being way off.

Yeah I can dodge roll to stop a guard break but you better have initated that in the first place. If you just dodge, see the GB coming then click dodge to roll you will still get grabbed because you'll either have completed your dodge or it just doesn't go off as fast as a GB does. Rolling also takes WAY more stamina then a GB does by a considerable amount. I can try to grab you for a tiny bit of stamina and you can roll for a quarter of your stamina bar.

Kaijudub
03-28-2017, 11:30 AM

Are you suggesting we use "unlock tech" to dodge away from guardbreaks here?

Not sure if reply was serious or not.....

xmelesiox
03-28-2017, 11:34 AM
Are you suggesting we use "unlock tech" to dodge away from guardbreaks here?

Not sure if reply was serious or not.....

No he means that if you double tap the dodge button to initiate the rolling manuever a guard break will always miss. It will cause the same animation on the enemy as if you both tried to GB at the same time. They back pedal a bit and are staggered for a second unfortunately because you are rolling you can't opportunize on it.

I've never thought about using Slippery as a realistic ability until recently...

Xb1MasterNoctis
03-28-2017, 12:12 PM

I know right so annoying for some reason 60% time i can dodge my way out of a guard break now it's like a heat seeker.

FroZZenT
03-28-2017, 08:22 PM
the most annoying thing is that must of the times the dodge attack form form berserker can be GB (rolling dodge with a atack in it ) so that is a unsafe attack to do for the berserker do hope they fix that

truecoins
03-28-2017, 08:33 PM
I think dodging should avoid a guard break honestly. If somebody is trying to grab you and you side step/move out of the way then they aren't going to get a hold of you in reality. If someone reaches for you and you jump back they aren't going to magically grow longer armors or slide forward suddenly to grab you - they tried to grab you where you were standing a second ago not where you moved too. Much less if you manage to get all the way to their right side as they reach out. In this game I've initiating a dodge before someone started a GB and pretty much standing next to them as they guard break forward then POOF I'm grabbed despite the animation being way off.

Yeah I can dodge roll to stop a guard break but you better have initated that in the first place. If you just dodge, see the GB coming then click dodge to roll you will still get grabbed because you'll either have completed your dodge or it just doesn't go off as fast as a GB does. Rolling also takes WAY more stamina then a GB does by a considerable amount. I can try to grab you for a tiny bit of stamina and you can roll for a quarter of your stamina bar.

lol, please stop commenting on balance. GB is meant to a counter to dodges. And do us a favor and never play fighting games. Can only imagine the amount of complaining you'd do when you realize there's a thing called hitboxes/hurtboxes and are meant for balance not for giving realistic measurements.

First you saying lawbreaker is fine and how he has an unblockable guard break and now this. You must be new to this genre or a huge scrub man. Next thing we'll hear from you is that how if you get stab you should die in one hit. Seriously if Devs were ever to listen to the low level players this game would be terrible

Kaeldian
03-28-2017, 08:42 PM
Working as intended - unless you do a dodge roll, GB is supposed to latch onto you while dodging.

I love squishing Roaches who flit around with that :D

Monster_Boys
03-28-2017, 08:45 PM

I think the issue he is having is the same as the one i have. where you make a large gap between you and your opponent with a back dash. but due to input timing or networking, your opponent just ice skates over the distance to grab you.
Honestly Magnetic grabbing is quite annoying and half the time i am expecting who ever i am fighting to dry grab and leave them selves open, only to be greeted by one of the amazing throw classes carrying my towards of the the cheap kill zones.

over all GB just feels cheap. I dont remember it being so over used in Betas. but in the core game Block/GB and Hit/GB seems to be some peoples only play style.