PDA

View Full Version : Shugoki / Warlord

JohnWick87
03-27-2017, 02:56 AM
There are some things on this 2 classes that annoy me.

They both have way to many uninteruptable attacks. I have an unblockable shieldbash and the Shugoki is just doing a guardbreak. Guess, who wins.Thats a thing, i really dont understand as much dmg this class is dealing he can take and ignore way to much.

"Can take much dmg, but also deals much dmg" .... laughed at this one

On the Warlord my problem is, that it feels, like he has nearly no interutable attack... But the game should show this kind of stuff. He is spamming his headbut and very fast attacks that you cannot interupt with shield/sholderbash or light attacks.

And there both charge or headbutattacks are ver hard to dodge, because of their huge area of effect.

I think there should be done something. Also on my beloved Warden. I think this shoulderbash gets ridicoules. Hard to say, but guys. complaining about this are right.

Are there any tips besides "l2p" ?

NightBlade87
03-27-2017, 04:48 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

JohnWick87
03-27-2017, 10:16 AM
I was expecting some idiots, insulting in a forum, where someone just askes questions.
But the first one and this idiotic. Congratulations gremlin.

guor6800
03-27-2017, 10:50 AM
There are some things on this 2 classes that annoy me.

They both have way to many uninteruptable attacks. I have an unblockable shieldbash and the Shugoki is just doing a guardbreak. Guess, who wins.Thats a thing, i really dont understand as much dmg this class is dealing he can take and ignore way to much.

"Can take much dmg, but also deals much dmg" .... laughed at this one

On the Warlord my problem is, that it feels, like he has nearly no interutable attack... But the game should show this kind of stuff. He is spamming his headbut and very fast attacks that you cannot interupt with shield/sholderbash or light attacks.

And there both charge or headbutattacks are ver hard to dodge, because of their huge area of effect.

I think there should be done something. Also on my beloved Warden. I think this shoulderbash gets ridicoules. Hard to say, but guys. complaining about this are right.

Are there any tips besides "l2p" ?

Warlord is broken nothing you can do. From personal experience if the opponent plays Warlord and knows what he is doing u will lose 9/10.

As for the Shugoki. Try to take away his uninterruptible stance by either light or a GB (if you try to GB and he CGB you still get him of uninterruptible) and you have 4-5 seconds to dish out the dmg.He is very slow in general so you can bait him with some feints. And keep distance.You never want to get in close combat with a battling sumo.

JohnWick87
03-27-2017, 11:25 AM
Thanks for the tipps. I maybe have some learning problems because just started new class ( Conqueror) But i feel like they **** up the balance in this game more and more . :/

I m not having that much problems with my main " Warden" but thats because hes slightly op too at the moment i guess. The feintgame and shoulderbashgame is strong with this one ;P

Draghmar
03-27-2017, 11:31 AM
I know what you fell but there is indicator for that and it's white flash through the whole model and after that white outline. The problem with warlord-like situations is that he gets his superior defence while attaking. Not before and not after. So indicator is there only for brief moment and you actually have to know that there will be one. If you don't know Warlords pattern then it's safer to just block/parry or side stepping his attacks.

MassiveD.
03-27-2017, 11:37 AM
Thanks for the tipps. I maybe have some learning problems because just started new class ( Conqueror) But i feel like they **** up the balance in this game more and more . :/

I m not having that much problems with my main " Warden" but thats because hes slightly op too at the moment i guess. The feintgame and shoulderbashgame is strong with this one ;P

You know, funny enough Conqeuror is better than Shugoki and Warlord, however Coqnueror is really hard to learn and get good with, probably the hardest champion to learn and play in the game, but when you get really good with him you will win against everybody

JohnWick87
03-27-2017, 12:04 PM
Yeah i recognized how hard he is to master. Maybe i didnt have much patiency because i played warden so much before and you know, became very good i think ;P but i will go on trying =)

But is there even a flash when the warlord is uninteruptable ?? I know that the Shugoki has this for his first attack and when it recharges i think after 6 seconds without beeing hit.

MassiveD.
03-27-2017, 12:26 PM
Yeah i recognized how hard he is to master. Maybe i didnt have much patiency because i played warden so much before and you know, became very good i think ;P but i will go on trying =)

But is there even a flash when the warlord is uninteruptable ?? I know that the Shugoki has this for his first attack and when it recharges i think after 6 seconds without beeing hit.

warden is too easy to play, any schlub can do it :P

Operch
03-27-2017, 04:29 PM
I've been playing Shuggy a lot lately. Some tips for facing him are...

1) Don't fight us close to walls or objects you can be thrown into. Pick your terrain otherwise you're going to get gb'd and pounded like a cube steak.
2) We only have two combos and each have two attacks...light to heavy and heavy to heavy. Expect that second attack to be coming from a different direction most of the time.
3) Practice countering guard breaks and don't get too close/boxed in so you can juke the random back breaker.
4) Feints feints feints. We are slow so hit us from all directions and test our guard change.
5) Our unblockable has an insane amount of telegraph time and is easily parried.

secrecy274
03-27-2017, 07:08 PM
I really don't like fighting Shugokis. It feels like they just hard-counters everything the Lawbringer stand for. Long Arm doesn't work, Impaling Charge doesn't work, have no quick combos to bring down the armor, Shove is worthless... heck, can't even punish them when/if they run out of stamina (in any 4v4 mode). Sure, counter-attacking works... if they ever initiate with an attack.

MassiveD.
03-27-2017, 07:10 PM
I really don't like fighting Shugokis. It feels like they just hard-counters everything the Lawbringer stand for. Long Arm doesn't work, Impaling Charge doesn't work, have no quick combos to bring down the armor, Shove is worthless... heck, can't even punish them when/if they run out of stamina (in any 4v4 mode). Sure, counter-attacking works... if they ever initiate with an attack.

Shugokis are easy to defeat using Conqueror by applying pressure, I'm 100% sure you can do the same with LB.

Your push removes the forcefield, follow into light, or grab, and you must keep pressure and don't let them regenerate the forcefield, as without it they take more damage and are susceptible to CC.

In fact shugokis are vulnerable to any type of pressure, playing as any class you must stick to them like glue and keep attacking, if they are the ones pressuring you they already won

secrecy274
03-27-2017, 07:17 PM
Shugokis are easy to defeat using Conqueror by applying pressure, I'm 100% sure you can do the same with LB.

Your push removes the forcefield, follow into light, or grab, and you must keep pressure and don't let them regenerate the forcefield, as without it they take more damage and are susceptible to CC.

In fact shugokis are vulnerable to any type of pressure, playing as any class you must stick to them like glue and keep attacking, if they are the ones pressuring you they already won

Except they almost always grab you out of the Shove before you even can initiate a light, not to mention a heavy or even a GB of your own.
And the "Passive Uninterruptible Stance" can regenerate in the middle of a combo, and the result can be pretty devastating if they Shugoki is alert enough.

MassiveD.
03-27-2017, 07:36 PM
Except they almost always grab you out of the Shove before you even can initiate a light, not to mention a heavy or even a GB of your own.
And the "Passive Uninterruptible Stance" can regenerate in the middle of a combo, and the result can be pretty devastating if they Shugoki is alert enough.

Rubbish, they can't regenerate their passive while being under attack, and LB's push cant be grabbed, we talkeda bout this on an unrelated thread, it seems like a lot of problems in this game for you in particular originate from not being able to do the push quick enough.

Are you on PC? I'll happily train with you

secrecy274
03-27-2017, 07:56 PM
Rubbish, they can't regenerate their passive while being under attack, and LB's push cant be grabbed, we talkeda bout this on an unrelated thread, it seems like a lot of problems in this game for you in particular originate from not being able to do the push quick enough.

Are you on PC? I'll happily train with you
Can't they now?

https://youtu.be/UYdKp98KVGs

I would say that the "PUS" regenerated in the middle of my combo, the second after my Shove hit him, in fact.
And even the Bots don't fall for a Shove+anything, infact the moment they see you charge it up they initiate a heavy.
As for the other thread, I told you there and then, Shove is not quick enough, it can only be used after a dodge, block or heavy. So if you're stuck in a Warden "vortex", only dodge remains viable, but since it takes over 1 second to finish the dodge animation before you can even start up his Shove, the Wardens Shoulderbash will hit you long before then, or they'll simply grab you. Pick your poison.

MassiveD.
03-27-2017, 08:17 PM
Can't they now?

https://youtu.be/UYdKp98KVGs

I would say that the "PUS" regenerated in the middle of my combo, the second after my Shove hit him, in fact.
And even the Bots don't fall for a Shove+anything, infact the moment they see you charge it up they initiate a heavy.
As for the other thread, I told you there and then, Shove is not quick enough, it can only be used after a dodge, block or heavy. So if you're stuck in a Warden "vortex", only dodge remains viable, but since it takes over 1 second to finish the dodge animation before you can even start up his Shove, the Wardens Shoulderbash will hit you long before then, or they'll simply grab you. Pick your poison.

This must be a bug, I never seen that happen ever, I fought tons of shugokis even today as a conqueror , and I kept smacking them without their passive ever comming back o.O

You made me doubt myself now tho

secrecy274
03-27-2017, 08:39 PM
This must be a bug, I never seen that happen ever, I fought tons of shugokis even today as a conqueror , and I kept smacking them without their passive ever comming back o.O

You made me doubt myself now tho

This is not the first time it've happened though, I see it regularly.
There's even a tooltip by the name of "Uninterruptible Stance recovery" which states "Passive Uninterruptible Stance effect regenerates after a few seconds. It takes longer when out of stamina, on hits or blocking.". Keyword being "longer".

Since the Lawbringer is a counter attacker, he lacks any quick and safe ways to initiate the fight, meaning they'll go defensive for a few seconds and boom, "PUS" is back and I'm back to square one. No, Shugoki is a pain in the *** to deal with as a Lawbringer, I've won the majority of my fights against them, but that's because they were bad, when I went up against a good one, I didn't stand a change.

MassiveD.
03-27-2017, 08:45 PM
This is not the first time it've happened though, I see it regularly.
There's even a tooltip by the name of "Uninterruptible Stance recovery" which states "Passive Uninterruptible Stance effect regenerates after a few seconds. It takes longer when out of stamina, on hits or blocking.". Keyword being "longer".

Since the Lawbringer is a counter attacker, he lacks any quick and safe ways to initiate the fight, meaning they'll go defensive for a few seconds and boom, "PUS" is back and I'm back to square one. No, Shugoki is a pain in the *** to deal with as a Lawbringer, I've won the majority of my fights against them, but that's because they were bad, when I went up against a good one, I didn't stand a change.

But you totally beasted that bot, looks like you know how to put pressure, for me , similar techniques work when using Conqueror , who is also a counter attacker and a defensive character, butshield bash into top light is a great way to delete their forcefield followed by unexpected stagger

perezb32
03-27-2017, 08:54 PM
I hope some one that can do something about it see this post reply share get it out there!!!

shugoki should not get a shield that protects him from the first attack! that is so bull no other hero! has that it makes it unfair!!!!; if he gets a shield than all the hero's should get a shield!!!! or no one should!!.

secrecy274
03-27-2017, 08:56 PM
But you totally beasted that bot, looks like you know how to put pressure, for me , similar techniques work when using Conqueror , who is also a counter attacker and a defensive character, butshield bash into top light is a great way to delete their forcefield followed by unexpected stagger

Just pointing out taht wasn't a bot.
But as I said before, they heavy attack me, or GB me straight after the Shove connects, they've to be really bad to allow me to follow it up. So, as said earlier, I can win against bad Shugokis, a good one will beat me.