PDA

View Full Version : How to make Hidden Stance useful

lDelicious
03-27-2017, 02:55 AM
Make the initial light attack from Hidden Stance 10ms faster than a standard light attack.

At the moment, HS'd light attacks are no harder to parry than normal light attacks. If you were to make this simple change (as well as increasing the guard stance change speed / hidden stance responsiveness), it would be a good start to making the Nobushi more viable.

Simi_Xiamara_
03-27-2017, 04:33 AM
Make the initial light attack from Hidden Stance 10ms faster than a standard light attack.

At the moment, HS'd light attacks are no harder to parry than normal light attacks. If you were to make this simple change (as well as increasing the guard stance change speed / hidden stance responsiveness), it would be a good start to making the Nobushi more viable.
Hidden stance is fine it just needs some fixing up. Right now it's so clunky to use on remote

Helnekromancer
03-27-2017, 04:37 AM
Well you shouldn't be trying to hidden stance light attacks in the first place it only negates one attack and if they hit you a second time your open. Better off parrying. Hidden stance is best used when you know the enemy is about to do a Heavy swing, like shugoki or Raider even Kensei's long zoning attack and Conqueror swings. Every thing else you should be able to parry/dodge or block and depending on your reflexes you can slide under most players swipes like a badass and get a free GB. For right now I've figured out you can Hidden stance shield bashes and Shoulder Charges. The Warden just hits air and you can punish him np but you can only HS the first charge. I've been able to HS Lawbringer's grabs but I'm not sure if it was a bug or not only did it 2 times. But I will agree HS has a bit of start up which is annoying and I'm not sure if that's just a console problem but because of that I don't use it as much like saving it as a trump card. It's called "Hidden" Stance for a reason. :p

Simi_Xiamara_
03-27-2017, 04:59 AM
Well you shouldn't be trying to hidden stance light attacks in the first place it only negates one attack and if they hit you a second time your open. Better off parrying. Hidden stance is best used when you know the enemy is about to do a Heavy swing, like shugoki or Raider even Kensei's long zoning attack and Conqueror swings. Every thing else you should be able to parry/dodge or block and depending on your reflexes you can slide under most players swipes like a badass and get a free GB. For right now I've figured out you can Hidden stance shield bashes and Shoulder Charges. The Warden just hits air and you can punish him np but you can only HS the first charge. I've been able to HS Lawbringer's grabs but I'm not sure if it was a bug or not only did it 2 times. But I will agree HS has a bit of start up which is annoying and I'm not sure if that's just a console problem but because of that I don't use it as much like saving it as a trump card. It's called "Hidden" Stance for a reason. :p
If it's "hidden" why are we told how to use it? >.>

Helnekromancer
03-27-2017, 05:48 AM
If it's "hidden" why are we told how to use it? >.>

So Nobushi's can have a trump card against other fighters, because when you look at all her moveset its pretty much lights and bleeds with an occasional kick. Not a lot to work with but having hidden stance give her a lot more options. I guess it's still hidden because I'm still coming across Nobushi's who didn't even know she can do that.

It's also "hidden" in the sense that players aren't going to expect you to know about it, let alone use it effectively. It's an unknown variable that players have to account for when dealing with a Nobushi.

CandleInTheDark
03-27-2017, 10:12 AM
The input does need looking at on the console, I had 19 levels in nobushi and it is difficult in the heat of the moment to pull it off as it doesn't trigger if you don't get it exactly right, if it weren't a single button on the pc I'd accept well yes but it is a skill move but to be hit rather than dodge an attack (which is great when it does come off) because of the dead zone feels cheap.

Herbstlicht
03-27-2017, 11:26 AM
Well, i really like Nobushi too, but i am too bad to use hidden stance on controller, so for now, i still stick to Kensei. I hope the fix to the deadzone as well as some custom button assignments and deadzone sliders arrive soon. I can not see how this can be so hard to do and wasn't there in the first place :/

lDelicious
03-27-2017, 01:58 PM

Do you even know what you're talking about? If Hidden Stance was not meant to be used for it's light attacks, why would the first light attack from Hidden Stance lead into the 2nd hit of a normal chain (meaning the 3rd hit is guaranteed which is a bleed). You can't only depend on parrying, because the other player will eventually start feinting the majority of his attacks.

If you know that you can dodge a heavy attack with Hidden Stance, then logic would dictate that you will be able to get in a light attack (as well as the guaranteed bleed), before the enemy has finished their recovery frames; this is not an opinion but a fact.

If any developer has read this, please take my point into consideration.

CandleInTheDark
03-27-2017, 02:45 PM
I am about 75% sure you read that post wrong, helenkromancer followed up shouldn't be hidden stanceing light attack with you only dodge the first attack and then gave examples of mechanics that can be dodged with it, I read it as you shouldn't be using hidden stance to dodge light attacks as next one in the chain will get you.

Simi_Xiamara_
03-27-2017, 03:35 PM
So Nobushi's can have a trump card against other fighters, because when you look at all her moveset its pretty much lights and bleeds with an occasional kick. Not a lot to work with but having hidden stance give her a lot more options. I guess it's still hidden because I'm still coming across Nobushi's who didn't even know she can do that.

It's also "hidden" in the sense that players aren't going to expect you to know about it, let alone use it effectively. It's an unknown variable that players have to account for when dealing with a Nobushi.
It was a joke >.>

lDelicious
03-27-2017, 04:43 PM
I am about 75% sure you read that post wrong, helenkromancer followed up shouldn't be hidden stanceing light attack with you only dodge the first attack and then gave examples of mechanics that can be dodged with it, I read it as you shouldn't be using hidden stance to dodge light attacks as next one in the chain will get you.

If he was responding directly to my point then no, I did not read his post wrong.

At the moment, Nobushi is so bad at high level play you have no idea. All of her attacks are so predictable (due to the nature of having to lunge for an attack), thus, when you come across an opponent looking for parries, you end up taking to much free damage as Nobushi.

It's a big risk for me to even throw a light attack anymore since so many characters can parry it for a free heavy...