PDA

View Full Version : The REAL OP character

Mudflaaaps
03-27-2017, 02:20 AM
Is the orochi.
Why?
Because they don't even need to use their main abilities to win.

Orochis can literally rely on light attacks and GB+heavy. An orochis heavy is unbelievably powerful, considering how fast it is.
As If the speed, strength and huge GB zone wasn't bad enough, their special attacks as a a last resort deal HUGE damage when used correctly. That shouldn't be the case, an assassin character shouldn't have such a huge arsenal of powerful attacks, they're supposed to be fast and weaker.

This alone makes an orochi the most powerful player for fighting any other character, but to add to injury? You gave them bleed.

Orochis are just dirt.

cragar212
03-27-2017, 02:34 AM
Put guard high, move to right for ZA = Win

psyminion
03-27-2017, 02:45 AM
congrats OP

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C743q8lVsAEAzVJ.jpg

Mudflaaaps
03-27-2017, 06:04 AM
I actually play orochi a bit, rep 3. As well as a couple other overpowered characters that only nerds play as. Yknow, the kind of nerds that make pictures like that. F outta here

lightdeed
03-27-2017, 06:13 AM
I dominate as LB, but I train as Orochi.

solho
03-27-2017, 06:14 AM
I understand you must be new, when you learn to play a little more, you will realize that orochi is the worst class of game.

THEPH0NECOMPANY
03-27-2017, 06:17 AM
My favorite part about playing orochi is when people dont know how to block top or tech GBs and whine on forums how OP orochi is,

My second favorite part is wearing pink armor and the bunny ears ornament, and running away from everyone in 4v4s

Madein1987
03-27-2017, 01:19 PM
Orochis are not OP, far from it, at least not in 1v1 and brawls. Their top light and ZA are his fastest tools, and his heavy cancel into ZA is deceptively fast, especially with the flicker bug. But he is far from OP. You'll see no Orochis in the tournament putting good results, why? Because his options are lacking against a patient opponent. He does not have a any opener against a patient and defensive person. Of course he is going to use GB into top Heavy, almost every character is going to use a Damaging GB followup. Work on your reaction, be aware that his ZA can come at any moment and be patient. Do not try to parry everything they throw off, thats how you get baited into double Tap and ZA. Saying Orochis is OP is not having knowledge of the big picture, and that's coming from a Raider main. Perhaps you got an overdose of that glorious nippon salt.

Scorpion1980Lma
03-27-2017, 02:47 PM
"you gave them bleed"..... eh orochis dont have bleed as a base, like nobushis or peacekeapers, only a feat which unlocks at feat 3, is the feat what you meant, if not, pls check your facts, and for someone to even use bleed in elimination or dominion (feats not active in brawl or 1v1 duel) they would have to play good anyways to unlock feat 3, if you cant handle an orochi before he unlocks feat 3.... then my friend your in for a lot of hurt when you start facing players with 3+ reputation orochis. maybe buy some lube/vaseline in bulk. lol

Solkoss
03-27-2017, 03:25 PM
I agree with what people are saying.

Orochi is very strong in the low to mid experience of game play but when you get to more competitive game play (or high experience), Orochi has 2 moves. Top double light and zone attack.

Other moves that work so well against inexperienced players like Storm Rush, Zephyr Strike, and alternating random light attacks no longer work.because they are some easy moves to parry.

That being said, when you give an orochi revenge in 4v4 modes, they will rip teams apart! Especially inexperienced teams that keep attacking instead of waiting for the revenge to go away.

psyminion
03-27-2017, 05:36 PM
I actually play orochi a bit, rep 3. As well as a couple other overpowered characters that only nerds play as. Yknow, the kind of nerds that make pictures like that. F outta here
well if it makes you feel better I didn't make that picture for you.

just trying to brighten things up around here.... these forums are so serious and drab!

anyway I'm a rep 7 Orochi, I'm not terrible, and I get rekd regularly by conqs, wardens, pks and most recently lawbringers.

anyway if you ever want to practice defending orochi light spam and za (and you're on PS4) I'll happily do some custom matches with you.

secrecy274
03-27-2017, 06:59 PM
Another "Orochi OP" post.
Orochi is far from OP, they're not even top tier. They're actually one of the few classes that require actual work and skill to win with. Hold your block top and you nullify most of their attack power. I enjoy fighting Orochis.

ParadigmFringe
03-27-2017, 08:18 PM
all three assassins and the Nobushi can spam light attacks with virtually no down time. they can leave the attack speed right where it is so long as they add a bigger cooldown to the end of their strings. that's the real problem. they can go two light attacks into their string and reset immediately.

secrecy274
03-27-2017, 08:31 PM
all three assassins and the Nobushi can spam light attacks with virtually no down time. they can leave the attack speed right where it is so long as they add a bigger cooldown to the end of their strings. that's the real problem. they can go two light attacks into their string and reset immediately.

I'm pretty sure Orochi doesn't have any... actually, no, I'm 100% sure that the Orochi can't spam light attack like the Peacekeeper or the Berserker. The Orochi can only do a three light attack combo, and can only trigger the double light attack if the first light attack hit is a top light. Their side light are also slow as hell. Which means, keep the block at the top, and they'll have a hard time to land any meaningful damage on you.

SendRickPics
03-28-2017, 01:08 AM
The most irritating part about Orochi's currently is the guardbreak whoring into a free overhead heavy (or a double light, depending on taste), and the Storm Rush into a free Double Light that you can't guard against if you get hit by said Storm Rush. (Yes, it's easy to block, but some Orochi players can sneak one in.)

They just get a boat load of free strikes that you can't really do anything against, same as Berserkers who get a free stun lock with every single hit. I don't care for crowd control as a mechanic in games like this since they remove skill from the equation and just become more difficult to fight against as it gets spammed or sources increase with the number of players.

AkenoKobayashi
03-28-2017, 01:16 AM
Orochi isn't OP. People who fail to block at the right time or parry their SR attack set themselves up for failure. On top of most of the Orochi mains that I've encountered whoring the GB heavy attack. And it's not like you can CGB when they do it because they are already initiating the strike the moment they GB you. Only fix to that is to make the heavies slower after a GB. The Nobushi is more OP than the Orochi. Her attacks are faster and she can change up the attack direction faster. And bleed effects. And she can kick.

NOT_PeaceKeeper
03-28-2017, 02:07 AM
This is definitely a "Git Gud" moment

TBH_Saeko_Irri
03-28-2017, 02:09 AM
The most OP class atm is.....
108 gear score revenge build.
It doesn't matter how hard and how good you play if you don't have revenge build in all modes except duels you are a lost cause