PDA

View Full Version : Orochi has no chance.

XeroTheBigBoss
03-26-2017, 06:15 PM
Is it even possible for Orochi to open a turtle up? I have a decent at best over top light and a decent zone attack with small range. The odds my arsenal give me to hit my opponent is 50%. If they block in the direction of Zone Attack it turns to 25% if I feint and they go for parry then yes I can open them up but against anybody with half a brain and doesn't go for parries then what?
I just feel like the Orochi is slow as hell and it becomes literally impossible to open a turtle up. I do the fake Storm rush step in cancel and that works well but even that becomes a big risk because if I go through with the Storm Rush they can jus parry or play it smart and jus go for theblock waiting for the cancel out.
My point is if they just go for the block and not go for parry Orochi has NOTHING that can hit the turtle because the only 2 moves they have that aren't slow as a slug is the overtop light and the zone attack. That is all.

Simi_Xiamara_
03-26-2017, 06:22 PM
Zone attack slow lol.....orochi had PLENTY of way open up a turtle you have

*storm rush cancel into guardbreak
*top light (that's kinda meh)
*zone attk
*after you storm rush cancel into guardbreak once you can storm rush again but don't cancel it and they will think your going guardbreak them

How many ways do you need open someone up? Do you want a unblockable headbeat or Sholder bash lol?

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 06:33 PM
Feint bro, Orochi is cancer against turtle classes

AmsKraken
03-26-2017, 07:54 PM
Orochi only needs 2 moves to destroy anyone, light overhead x2 and area attack. So annoying. Then you have dodge, deflects, backdash and hit , extremely far GB and huge damage. Come on man...

Xb1MasterNoctis
03-26-2017, 08:16 PM
Is it even possible for Orochi to open a turtle up? I have a decent at best over top light and a decent zone attack with small range. The odds my arsenal give me to hit my opponent is 50%. If they block in the direction of Zone Attack it turns to 25% if I feint and they go for parry then yes I can open them up but against anybody with half a brain and doesn't go for parries then what?
I just feel like the Orochi is slow as hell and it becomes literally impossible to open a turtle up. I do the fake Storm rush step in cancel and that works well but even that becomes a big risk because if I go through with the Storm Rush they can jus parry or play it smart and jus go for theblock waiting for the cancel out.
My point is if they just go for the block and not go for parry Orochi has NOTHING that can hit the turtle because the only 2 moves they have that aren't slow as a slug is the overtop light and the zone attack. That is all.

I main with the Orochi i don't have any problem opening up turtles.

Specialkha
03-26-2017, 08:24 PM
If the opposite player is really good at turtling, you are screwed. An Orochi has no way to open up a turtle,. Top light or ZA, despite being fast, can be block or even parry by top players.

Warlord19901986
03-26-2017, 09:24 PM
Actually orochi's zone attack is reactable its not as fast as people think it is. the better people you play the more you'll notice they block orochis zone attack on reaction. In my opinion they need to make it faster thats all orochi needs to compete at high levels

Zv1k0
03-26-2017, 09:35 PM
Actually orochi's zone attack is reactable its not as fast as people think it is. the better people you play the more you'll notice they block orochis zone attack on reaction. In my opinion they need to make it faster thats all orochi needs to compete at high levels

That wouldnt fix him. Still all he would have is top light and zone. Thats not enough for high level. All his moves are useless. He needs a rework imo. But before they balance top 5 and get rid of flickers and other exploits its pointless to do anything.

Simi_Xiamara_
03-26-2017, 09:47 PM
Id like to call bs on this... I see pros get hit by it more often then not. If you spam it ya it's easy block. But they are blocking it out of prediction not reaction

Warlord19901986
03-26-2017, 09:53 PM
Maybe not fix him completely but atleast he would have a viable 50/50 option to get damage on people thats something not alot of character have well beside top tiers. Right now as it is he literally has no options his zone is too slow

Warlord19901986
03-26-2017, 10:01 PM
Id like to call bs on this... I see pros get hit by it more often then not. If you spam it ya it's easy block. But they are blocking it out of prediction not reaction

Im telling you its not prediction its reaction yeah sometimes they predict it. but the point is you can react to it. If you condition an opponent alot with top lights and dont throw it out often its hard to react to because you properly conditioned the opponent to not look out for zone then it will hit them. Ive seen people get hit by 30 frame over heads in mkx just because they were properly conditioned it doesnt mean the move is unpredictable anyone can block a 30 frame move if your looking out for it

Simi_Xiamara_
03-26-2017, 10:06 PM
Maybe not fix him completely but atleast he would have a viable 50/50 option to get damage on people thats something not alot of character have well beside top tiers. Right now as it is he literally has no options his zone is too slow
It's the 2nd fastest zone attk in game. And your complaining it's slow........

Tobias96716
03-26-2017, 10:32 PM
Actually Orochi needs a buff...we really only have 2 moves that are worth a damn...and our moves are highly predictable...we have the least amount of health of all the heroes...and as a assassin type why are others (non-assassin) light and heavy attacks faster? Dodge is broken because you can still get hit mid dodge roughly 40% or more of the time...

D-Philitix45
03-26-2017, 10:36 PM
Orochi is actually the most balanced character, turtle meta just makes him look underwhelming.But to make it so he can un turtle people I think the only thing they need to do is give Riptide Strike a feint and return Storm Rush's feint back (Maybe not exactly the same, have the distance longer than post nerf but shorter than pre nerf). They could also make the side attack faster.

Simi_Xiamara_
03-26-2017, 10:50 PM
Actually Orochi needs a buff...we really only have 2 moves that are worth a damn...and our moves are highly predictable...we have the least amount of health of all the heroes...and as a assassin type why are others (non-assassin) light and heavy attacks faster? Dodge is broken because you can still get hit mid dodge roughly 40% or more of the time...
Pretty sure pk has least amount of hp

Also orochi is only predictable cuz 90% orochi's only top light into guardbreak or some variations of it. I met some pretty damn good orochi's that were rly good at mixing things up.

Only assassin faster then you is pk.

Zerker has faster light and heavy attacks but orochi has faster skills (top light and zone)
Also zerker is wayyyyy more predictable.

Dodge is not broken. Dodge is amazing I play pk and warden.

Tobias96716
03-27-2017, 07:26 AM
https://mobile.twitter.com/notifications/1490390765917

Tell me again how dodge is not broken...

KaidzenMonada
03-27-2017, 11:06 AM
The most crucial problem with Orochi is not his speed, but predictability. All of his moves are easily predictable - which means easily counterable. All you can do is to feint and attack, but your opponent is not a stupid bot.

Gray360UK
03-27-2017, 12:58 PM
I've always thought Orochi is the worst character in the game. Just about the only challenge that comes from the Apollyon fight on Realistic difficutly is that you have to complete it as an Orochi ;)

Juuzaam
03-27-2017, 01:06 PM

Are you sure about this? Orochis zone is at 12f, like Warden, both zones cant be blocked on reactions. They are blocked by baiting it or by anticipation. ("If" people where able to react to these, you would have seen these getting parried. And nobody parries these. )