PDA

View Full Version : For Honor - most played fighting game of all-times according to SteamCharts

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 05:12 PM
I wish to thank CitizenPuddi for taking his time to do the following research, and ultimately debunking cry'ny-whin'ey FH is doomed baby threads

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
231 playing currently
430 24-hour peak
1,706 all-time peak

Street Fighter V
1,569 playing currently
1,678 24-hour peak
13,807 all-time peak

DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2
1,188 playing currently
1,367 24-hour peak
13,570 all-time peak

Mortal Kombat X
962 playing currently
1,187 24-hour peak
13,649 all-time peak

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
1,175 playing currently
1,487 24-hour peak
23,094 all-time peak

For Honor
8,397 playing currently
8,822 24-hour peak
45,923 all-time peak

For more context, and explanation of the statistics in my own summary:

If you want to compare other games to FH, how about Street Fighter? How about Mortal Kombat? How about Star Craft 2?

All of these games are not main-stream games that are NOT being played by milions of players, infact they are niche and have tiny dedicated player basis, simply because the games are way too hard for your avarage player, and FH slips directly between Street Fighter and SC2.

Alot of casuals stay away from these games because they are too afraid of being shreked by 400 APM Koreans, and FH fits all of the above criteria.

The only way to really attract the normies, is to give them more advanced PVE scene (like dungeon raiding, and fighting bosses), which is not out of the question, might even be fun if implemented well.

Other than that , forget about it, no matter how much you balance the game, if you are not that good of it and can't hold your own, 400 APM Koreans will trash your will to live and make you rage quit eventualy.

And that is exactly what happeend to the population my dudes, in the beta the player scene was not that diverse, so you did not meet super pros that often, everybody was good, and got their hopes up thinking that they will continue to be good, a fantasy that got immediately smashed when Street Fighter and Dark Souls multiplayer scene switched over to FH shreking normies left and right, sending them into the furious rage on the forums trying to blame lag, and overpowered characters, and everything else but not them, because that would be unthinkable.

Also we just cought a dude straight up lying, trying to get a refund because poor him, being plagued by "connection".

Criminals attempting refund fraus, dont you believe them

secrecy274
03-26-2017, 05:26 PM
Amen...
Were pretty good in the Beta, got my *** kicked on my first match since release... however, as a lvl 5 Lawbringer vs rep 6 Warden, the odds were not exacly in my favour. Now, X amount of hours later I can hold my own against most characters.
There's definitely balance issues though.

Denwor94
03-26-2017, 05:29 PM
I wish to thank CitizenPuddi for taking his time to do the following research, and ultimately debunking cry'ny-whin'ey FH is doomed baby threads

231 playing currently
430 24-hour peak
1,706 all-time peak

Street Fighter V
1,569 playing currently
1,678 24-hour peak
13,807 all-time peak

DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2
1,188 playing currently
1,367 24-hour peak
13,570 all-time peak

Mortal Kombat X
962 playing currently
1,187 24-hour peak
13,649 all-time peak

1,175 playing currently
1,487 24-hour peak
23,094 all-time peak

For Honor
8,397 playing currently
8,822 24-hour peak
45,923 all-time peak

For more context, and explanation of the statistics in my own summary:

If you want to compare other games to FH, how about Street Fighter? How about Mortal Kombat? How about Star Craft 2?

All of these games are not main-stream games that are NOT being played by milions of players, infact they are niche and have tiny dedicated player basis, simply because the games are way too hard for your avarage player, and FH slips directly between Street Fighter and SC2.

Alot of casuals stay away from these games because they are too afraid of being shreked by 400 APM Koreans, and FH fits all of the above criteria.

The only way to really attract the normies, is to give them more advanced PVE scene (like dungeon raiding, and fighting bosses), which is not out of the question, might even be fun if implemented well.

Other than that , forget about it, no matter how much you balance the game, if you are not that good of it and can't hold your own, 400 APM Koreans will trash your will to live and make you rage quit eventualy.

And that is exactly what happeend to the population my dudes, in the beta the player scene was not that diverse, so you did not meet super pros that often, everybody was good, and got their hopes up thinking that they will continue to be good, a fantasy that got immediately smashed when Street Fighter and Dark Souls multiplayer scene switched over to FH shreking normies left and right, sending them into the furious rage on the forums trying to blame lag, and overpowered characters, and everything else but not them, because that would be unthinkable.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 release date 15 november 2011

Street Fighter V February 16, 2016

dragon ball xenoverse 2 release date 25 oktober 2016

Mortal Kombat X release date 7 april 2015

for honor release date 14 februari 2017

did you notice something?

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 05:38 PM
Amen...
Were pretty good in the Beta, got my *** kicked on my first match since release... however, as a lvl 5 Lawbringer vs rep 6 Warden, the odds were not exacly in my favour. Now, X amount of hours later I can hold my own against most characters.
There's definitely balance issues though.

Balance issues are actually fine, a living, breathing game will always need things to tweek, and meta to balance, thats why Star Craft is still being tweeked and updated monthly even tho it came out a thousand years ago

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 05:40 PM

Yes I did, For Honor is twice more popular then all of the above combined, absolutely outstanding, great job Ubisoft :o

Denwor94
03-26-2017, 05:54 PM
Yes I did, For Honor is twice more popular then all of the above combined, absolutely outstanding, great job Ubisoft :o

that's pretty bad actually at this rate the playerbase will only be around 1000 ppl at peak time in a couple of months

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 06:01 PM
that's pretty bad actually at this rate the playerbase will only be around 1000 ppl at peak time in a couple of months

And the world will end in 2012 :>

Einherjar25
03-26-2017, 06:09 PM
Your entire post is invalid. Street Fight 4 has sold 3 million f*cking copies. It is amongst the most played fighting games OF ALL TIME and take a look at it's steamchart.

http://steamcharts.com/app/21660

What does that tell you?

1-0

Einherjar25
03-26-2017, 06:11 PM
You can see player trends on steam as far as population decrease and increase goes but, it does not tell you how a game is popular in it's entirety. Steam is simply not reliable for that.

eidt* Oh and... hhuh... DEBUNKED?

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 06:12 PM
Your entire post is invalid. Street Fight 4 has sold 3 million f*cking copies. It is amongst the most played fighting games OF ALL TIME and take a look at it's steamchart.

What does that tell you?

1-0

It tells me, that according to SteamCharts, ForHonor is the most played fighting game of all time, have you not read the title of the thread?

CitizenPuddi
03-26-2017, 06:12 PM

What does that tell you?

1-0

That data suggests that SF 4 wasn't popular on Steam.

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 06:13 PM
You can see player trends on steam as far as population decrease and increase goes but, it does not tell you how a game is popular in it's entirety. Steam is simply not reliable for that.

eidt* Oh and... hhuh... DEBUNKED?

Yup, definitely didn't read the name of the thread and completely missed the point, oh dear... Embarrassing..

Einherjar25
03-26-2017, 06:15 PM
It tells me, that according to SteamCharts, ForHonor is the most played fighting game of all time, have you not read the title of the thread?

I already told you, you were dumb. Here how it goes with a litte correction: ...according to SteamCharts, ForHonor is the most played fighting game of all time ON STEAM

HOW BOW DAH?

Einherjar25
03-26-2017, 06:19 PM
That data suggests that SF 4 wasn't popular on Steam.

EXACTLY, so saying For honor is the most played fighting game "according" to steam is extremely misleading. One would rather state; On the steam platform, For honor is the most played fighting game...

Which implies this doesn't necessarly stay true if you inlcude all platform, including PC altogether and obviously, consoles.

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 06:20 PM
I already told you, you were dumb. Here how it goes with a litte correction: ...according to SteamCharts, ForHonor is the most played fighting game of all time ON STEAM

HOW BOW DAH?

Well, you can falsify reality all you want, youve been doing it alot lately (connection errors, op characters, dropping player base etc), but that is still not what the title says.

Also srsly?

"Yo agument betah than mine thefo u dum i smaht hurr durr"

Never go full r*tard...

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 06:21 PM
EXACTLY, so saying For honor is the most played fighting game "according" to steam is extremely misleading. One would rather state; On the steam platform, For honor is the most played fighting game...

Which implies this doesn't necessarly stay true if you inlcude all platform, including PC altogether and obviously, consoles.

Lol, that is so hilarious due to the fact that's not what the title of the thread says :D

DizzleFresh13
03-26-2017, 06:21 PM
Doesn't surprise me. For Honor is a great game. If they fix the issues, add more content, and adjust some of the microtransactions prices, this game could be legendary.

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 06:28 PM
Doesn't surprise me. For Honor is a great game. If they fix the issues, add more content, and adjust some of the microtransactions prices, this game could be legendary.

Power to you Sir, you used your critical faculties to form your own opinion rather than blindly following the whiny baby masses, effectively separating yourself from a monkey :rolleyes:

This Earth needs more people like you *salutes*

Einherjar25
03-26-2017, 06:29 PM
Lol, that is so hilarious due to the fact that's not what the title of the thread says :D

There is a discrepancy between your statement and mine but you can't see it? All is lost, and you're laughing!!! In anycase, if you think selling the fact that it's the most played fighting game on steam EXCLUSIVELY is a good idea... go ahead. Knock yourself out.

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 06:31 PM
There is a discrepancy between your statement and mine but you can't see it? All is lost, and you're laughing!!! In anycase, if you think selling the fact that it's the most played fighting game on steam EXCLUSIVELY is a good idea... go ahead. Knock yourself out.

It's an infinitely better narrative than "the end is nigh", since it's backed up by hard data and evidence.

Or in your own way of saying, 1-0

Well, at least you tried, I guess *pat pat*.

Wanna go practice VS bots with me?

CitizenPuddi
03-26-2017, 06:33 PM

An oversight on my part, you are correct.

For Honor is the most active and popular fighting game currently on Steam.

I thought that much was implied, since the only platform I've referenced so far has been Steam.

Einherjar25
03-26-2017, 06:35 PM

Yes, exactly. They should keep adding emotes instead of rebalancing classes and putting more effort towards fixing connectivity. Also, they should keep insisting dedicated servers weren't a good idea. Even further, they should add an extra 3 pages of patterns and symbols. You know, make it even more meaningless then it already is. They should also put less technics to character and let them chain off one another to form a vortex of infinity, unimagitative cheese!!!! I'm sure im missing something here. OH YEAH, nevermind the serious issues and the fact that they already loss 80% of their playerbase, let's put in MORE ORNAMENTS!!!!! MY HEAD IS COOL NOW, I AM GOING TO KEEP PLAYING THIS GAME FOREVER!!!

rocks.cl
03-26-2017, 06:35 PM
I think that blaming lag is a huge stretch of the reality, this was my experience out of the beta:

Buys the game, spends 15 minutes trying to get into a single match, refunds the game.

So clearly, no one can blame the lag when theres no networking. *points finger to his forehead*

Einherjar25
03-26-2017, 06:40 PM
An oversight on my part, you are correct.

For Honor is the most active and popular fighting game currently on Steam.

I thought that much was implied, since the only platform I've referenced so far has been Steam.

There is PS4, Xbox, PC and Steam which is part of PC. How is FH being number one "of all time" on steam ONLY, really revelant? A platform which as 50 player peak (50!!!!) on one of the greatest fighting game of all time, Street fighter 4? That's my whole point.

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 06:40 PM
Yes, exactly. They should keep adding emotes instead of rebalancing classes and putting more effort towards fixing connectivity. Also, they should keep insisting dedicated servers weren't a good idea. Even further, they should add an extra 3 pages of patterns and symbols. You know, make it even more meaningless then it already is. They should also put less technics to character and let them chain off one another to form a vortex of infinity, unimagitative cheese!!!! I'm sure im missing something here. OH YEAH, nevermind the serious issues and the fact that they already loss 80% of their playerbase, let's put in MORE ORNAMENTS!!!!! MY HEAD IS COOL NOW, I AM GOING TO KEEP PLAYING THIS GAME FOREVER!!!

Meanwhile every COD game ever, and 90% of comeptetive online games right now are in fact using P2P.

I'm sure their forums have their own whiny babys, and I'm sure they also have players like me laughing at the said babies for how much of a non-issue P2P is

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 06:43 PM
There is PS4, Xbox, PC and Steam which is part of PC. How is FH being number one "of all time" on steam ONLY, really revelant? A platform which as 50 player peak (50!!!!) on one of the greatest fighting game of all time, Street fighter 4? That's my whole point.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl - 13.10 million[1]
Tekken 3 - 8.5 million [2]
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS - 7.04 million[1]
Super Smash Bros. Melee - 8.12 million[1]
Street Fighter II: The World Warriors - 6.3 million[3]
Super Smash Bros. - 5.55 million[1]
Mortal Kombat X - 5 million
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - 4.80 million[1]
Street Fighter II Turbo - 4.1 million[3]
Mortal Kombat (2011) - ~4 million

Actually, as you can see here, Street Fighter 4 is not even on the list of greatest fighting games of all time, akward bro.

I guess your statement is yet another attempt to falsify the reality around you,

Einherjar25
03-26-2017, 06:46 PM
It's an infinitely better narrative than "the end is nigh", since it's backed up by hard data and evidence.

Or in your own way of saying, 1-0

Well, at least you tried, I guess *pat pat*.

Wanna go practice VS bots with me?

You are being manipulative. SF4 sold 3 milliong copies and I think, from memory, For honor was 1.5. So ok, sure, For honor is most played ON STEAM specificaly, but who's the real Kingpin of fighting games altogether OF ALL TIME? You've guessed it. See what I did here? I included your true statement into my true statement, all forming one big cohesive statement!!!

Einherjar25
03-26-2017, 06:47 PM

Actually, as you can see here, Street Fighter 4 is not even on the list of greatest fighting games of all time, akward bro.

I guess your statement is yet another attempt to falsify the reality around you,

Thanks for clarifying that, ive been looking for For honor in there too.

Sorry about SF4, i do see a ton of SF in tehre and zero For honor.

edit* Oh and btw, the only thing I did was take SF4 which was the latest of the SF that was well received. this is why I excluded SF5 because it it one of the only SF that wasn't this well received. I could have gone further done the years to 1990 and take SF2 LOL

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 06:50 PM
Thanks for clarifying that, ive been looking for For honor in there too.

Sorry about SF4, i do see a ton of SF in tehre and zero For honor.

I would be surprised if you didn't, as Mortal Kombat on the list is litteraly the only game to be released on PC as far as I know, lol, SF 2 maybe? To lazy to google, but /doubt

Yet debunking your narrative with your own logic, SF4 came out years ago, and barely sold 3 mil copies?

Yet FH has been out for a month and sold half of that already O.O??

FH doing even better than I thought, I wasn''t aware of this number lol, 60 EU per piece, dam Ubi made bank with this game

Einherjar25
03-26-2017, 06:51 PM

See there EVERYBODY, even in is own post he willingly admits that For honor is only top 1 on steam and not even top 10 in all platforms... How sad is this?

DrExtrem
03-26-2017, 06:52 PM
Well.

Its not a pure fighting game - as much as you want it to be one, it is a hybrid.

Pure fighting games have the smallest player base.

8k players peak on a weekend for a game, that is only a month and a half old is not glorious. But it could certainly be worse.

Einherjar25
03-26-2017, 06:52 PM
I would be surprised if you didn't, as Mortal Kombat on the list is litteraly the only game to be released on PC as far as I know, lol, SF 2 maybe? To lazy to google, but /doubt

Yet debunking your narrative with your own logic, SF4 came out years ago, and barely sold 3 mil copies?

FH doing even better than I thought, I wasn''t aware of this number lol, 60 EU per piece, dam Ubi made bank with this game

The bulk of the sell is USUALLY done in the first few months you moron. LOL You think FH is gonna keep selling high and mighty for the next months? Even with all the bad reviews? hahaha

CitizenPuddi
03-26-2017, 06:53 PM

It's relevant because compared to other fighting games on Steam, For Honor has been a massive success. More successful on Steam than "one of the greatest fighting games of all time".

Do you not consider that an accomplishment?

My only point is that the data suggests that despite being sorely in need of some tweaking and balancing and features centered around more competitive play-- compared to other fighting games on Steam the game is performing well and will probably not die for quite some time.

I only wish I had a way to access this sort of data for other platforms-- and for uPlay, so that I could get a feel for the PC playerbase as a whole.

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 06:54 PM
The bulk of the sell is USUALLY done in the first few months you moron. LOL You think FH is gonna keep selling high and might for the next months? Even with all the bad reviews? hahaha

FH going strong despite all the whiny babies, the second this game implements ranked ladder the sales will double if not triple <3 Go Go Ubi-Chan

Einherjar25
03-26-2017, 06:55 PM
Meanwhile every COD game ever, and 90% of comeptetive online games right now are in fact using P2P.

I'm sure their forums have their own whiny babys, and I'm sure they also have players like me laughing at the said babies for how much of a non-issue P2P is

Battlefield 1, Overwatch, Counter-strike all have at the very least the option of joining a dedicated servers. :)

Einherjar25
03-26-2017, 06:57 PM
FH going strong despite all the whiny babies, the second this game implements ranked ladder the sales will double if not triple <3 Go Go Ubi-Chan

Good luck you know why? Because they will not release sales numbers further. YOU JUST WAIT NOW :)

DrExtrem
03-26-2017, 06:57 PM

To be proved.

If ranked matches fail like normal matches do, the rage had not even begun.

CitizenPuddi
03-26-2017, 06:58 PM
See there EVERYBODY, even in is own post he willingly admits that For honor is only top 1 on steam and not even top 10 in all platforms... How sad is this?

To clarify.

This is a different set of data entirely, listing total copies sold.

As opposed to actual player data.

CitizenPuddi
03-26-2017, 07:02 PM
To be proved.

If ranked matches fail like normal matches do, the rage had not even begun.

I'd speculate that this is why they haven't released a ranked mode yet.

They've yet to perfect their netcode.

It's really not as simple as dumping everything into servers, as most seem to think.

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 07:04 PM
To be proved.

Just like the notion that the end is nigh.

Also there's no recent evidence of failing matches :>

Einherjar25
03-26-2017, 07:04 PM
It's really not as simple as dumping everything into servers, as most seem to think.

IT WOULD have been if it was built for from the start. But now the whole god damn architecture is built around P2P and you will never see servers. I can tell you that much

mammakamelen
03-26-2017, 07:05 PM
oops.

https://fotos.subefotos.com/6dc5379d27e75118e9c406c928f4f1aco.jpg

Einherjar25
03-26-2017, 07:06 PM
To clarify.

This is a different set of data entirely, listing total copies sold.

As opposed to actual player data.

There's definitely a correlation between the 2 thought.

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 07:06 PM
IT WOULD have been if it was built for from the start. But now the whole god damn architecture is built around P2P and you will never see servers. I can tell you that much

#NothingWrongWithP2PMostSoldFPSSeriesInHistoryUsed ItAndItWasFine

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 07:07 PM
oops.

Thank you for providing proof of how right my post is?

Einherjar25
03-26-2017, 07:08 PM
oops.

Pssshh , they are gonna relase ladders and the game will skyrocket back to the heavens of fighting game!!! Kidding aside, it's bes STEADILY, steadily being a keyword here, dropping since release.

Einherjar25
03-26-2017, 07:09 PM
#NothingWrongWithP2PMostSoldFPSSeriesInHistoryUsed ItAndItWasFine

What year? when the dinosaurs roamed the land!! P2P is history, accept it.

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 07:09 PM
Pssshh , they are gonna relase ladders and the game will skyrocket back to the heavens of fighting game!!! Kidding aside, it's bes STEADILY, steadily being a keyword here, dropping since release.

Even if it stays where it is, it will still be the most played fighting game of all time according to SteamCharts.

That really bothers you, doesn't it, lol

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 07:11 PM
What year? when the dinosaurs roamed the land!! P2P is history, accept it.

EliteDangerous uses P2P, from what I heard StartCitizen will use P2P as well.

None of the players I meet online ever complained about any connectivity issues in FH ever, only whiny forum babies for some reason.

So, dinosour of the past... or echo of the future? Time will tell it seems, but for now let us celebrate the most popular fighting game of all times (according to Steam Charts)

CitizenPuddi
03-26-2017, 07:12 PM
There's definitely a correlation between the 2 thought.

I mean... I guess. For the first few months maybe.

I don't have concrete data, but I have some anecdotal evidence that suggests that most people (myself and several friends) have copies of popular fighting games that started collecting dust when we got bored of them a couple of months later because we're filthy casuals when it comes to competitive console games.

Further, correlation really doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things.

http://www.tylervigen.com/correlation_project/correlation_images/per-capita-consumption-of-cheese-us_number-of-people-who-died-by-becoming-tangled-in-their-bedsheets.png

Specialkha
03-26-2017, 07:14 PM
EliteDangerous uses P2P, from what I heard StartCitizen will use P2P as well.

None of the players I meet online ever complained about any connectivity issues in FH ever, only whiny forum babies for some reason.

So, dinosour of the past... or echo of the future? Time will tell it seems, but for now let us celebrate the most popular fighting game of all times (according to Steam Charts)

Of all time? Steam is PC only. And it has only be out for a month while others games have been out several months or years ago. Let us wait some months and see how it goes.

Einherjar25
03-26-2017, 07:17 PM
I mean... I guess. For the first few months maybe.

I don't have concrete data, but I have some anecdotal evidence that suggests that most people (myself and several friends) have copies of popular fighting games that started collecting dust when we got bored of them a couple of months later because we're filthy casuals when it comes to competitive console games.

Further, correlation really doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things.

http://www.tylervigen.com/correlation_project/correlation_images/per-capita-consumption-of-cheese-us_number-of-people-who-died-by-becoming-tangled-in-their-bedsheets.png

That's nothing. There no correlation in that chart. Putting 2 statistic that have similar curvature doesn't make it correlation. One as nothing to do with the other. My correlation is that the more copies a game sells, the more players play. This is factual.

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 07:18 PM
Of all time? Steam is PC only. And it has only be out for a month while others game has been out several months or years ago. Let us wait some month and see how it goes.

Yes, of all time according to steamcharts (I love how this part confuses people so much lol)

I think its safe to assume that with time sale figures would go up, unless you think more people will refund rather than buy (which doesnt seem to be the case as ubi only offers 6 days return period)

CitizenPuddi
03-26-2017, 07:19 PM
MassiveD, could you perhaps re-title this thread to clarify that this discussion is mostly related to Steam?

Reading comprehension is one hell of a thing, and it apparently causes confusion when people can't connect the dots and figure that data from steamcharts refers to steam only.

It just muddies the water and thins out the discussion when people see that and rush here to post "OF ALL TIME?! HAH THAT'S DATA FOR STEAM ONLY BRO CHECKMATE"

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 07:21 PM
MassiveD, could you perhaps re-title this thread to clarify that this discussion is mostly related to Steam?

Reading comprehension is one hell of a thing, and it apparently causes confusion when people can't connect the dots and figure that data from steamcharts refers to steam only.

Why would i do that, the title is already correct.

A statement that "For Honor is the most popular game of all time , according to SteamCharts", is both logically and grammatically correct, lol, it's quite amusing to watch people struggle to wrap their brains around it :D

Kinda showcases how much the input of whiny forum babies is really worth as a valuable source of data

Einherjar25
03-26-2017, 07:22 PM
Even if it stays where it is, it will still be the most played fighting game of all time according to SteamCharts.

That really bothers you, doesn't it, lol

It actually doesn't. What bother me is you trying to sell it a the greatest fighting game of all time. From the 4th to 6th week this game has been steadily decreasing in population. From 40th to 56th spot and now 57th. It got a great PEAK initially because, if there is something Ubisogft is good at, it's promoting their game. I bought the game thinking it would be the next big thing and look at where it's at? #57, I'll come back in 2 weeks see if things got better. We can continue our argument there.

mammakamelen
03-26-2017, 07:23 PM

Firstly, P2P is not the problem here. It's the way the game is programmed that's bad, migration is skectchy to say the least. I work as a programmer btw, and have been for the last 10 years. It's shortcut heaven, where the PC platform got the least attention. As earlier stated many have used it without problems (COD for example).

And yeah, that arrow is going for the ground. MassiveD seems to me like he is trolling and i'm sure he's not as stupid as he is portraying to be here in this thread. He is probably mad that the game he loves so much is tanking bad, and I for one understands his issues. All of us express ourselves in different ways, MassiveD's explanation has been:

People need to git gut, he feels people are leaving cause the game is hard.
People need to get better internet.
Ubisoft will launch a secret ladder system that will bring things around.

In MassiveD's eyes, no one is leaving because of the disconnects.

When your argument is that weak, why argue?

My argument is:

People are leaving because of the connection issues the game has.

Not how popular it is now, but how many have left and still are leaving (which is going down fast and stabile)

MassiveD's argument:

Hashtag-arguments
Git gud
trolling

Einherjar25
03-26-2017, 07:23 PM
Yes, of all time according to steamcharts (I love how this part confuses people so much lol)

That's cool. Because that's exactly what you aimed for. :)

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 07:27 PM
That's cool. Because that's exactly what you aimed for. :)

*MassiveD uses English

It's super effective!

*Forum Babies are Confused

What

CitizenPuddi
03-26-2017, 07:28 PM
That's nothing. There no correlation in that chart. Putting 2 statistic that have similar curvature doesn't make it correlation. One as nothing to do with the other. My correlation is that the more copies a game sells, the more players play. This is factual.

I dunno man, I think bedsheets are becoming aware and they're -pissed- about cheese. /s

You're right again, the more copies sold, the more players play-- however.

There's nothing terribly useful about that information.

How long do they play before they put it down to be forgotten? How have the playercounts evolved? What is the retention rate? These are the important questions to ask when you're looking for projections of long-term viability.

Most of those games tend to have terrible retention rates-- which is why they release sequels with such frequency, instead of hunkering down and updating with new content.

At least that's my guess.

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 07:29 PM
Firstly, P2P is not the problem here. It's the way the game is programmed that's bad, migration is skectchy to say the least. I work as a programmer btw, and have been for the last 10 years. It's shortcut heaven, where the PC platform got the least attention. As earlier stated many have used it without problems (COD for example).

And yeah, that arrow is going for the ground. MassiveD seems to me like he is trolling and i'm sure he's not as stupid as he is portraying to be here in this thread. He is probably mad that the game he loves so much is tanking bad, and I for one understands his issues. All of us express ourselves in different ways, MassiveD's explanation has been:

People need to git gut, he feels people are leaving cause the game is hard.
People need to get better internet.
Ubisoft will launch a secret ladder system that will bring things around.

In MassiveD's eyes, no one is leaving because of the disconnects.

When your argument is that weak, why argue?

My argument is:

People are leaving because of the connection issues the game has.

Not how popular it is now, but how many have left and still are leaving (which is going down fast and stabile)

MassiveD's argument:

Hashtag-arguments
Git gud
trolling

There is hardly any evidence whatsoever that more than 1% of the population left due to connectivity issues, which doesn't seem to be a thing in practice, if it was , surely more people would be complaining more in game chat rather than none at all?

In fact on avarage there has been more threads on this very forum stating that "I quit because Warden is too OP", rather than "I quit because I lag"

Einherjar25
03-26-2017, 07:31 PM

My problem his as follow: They stated the game crashes were due to people quiting the game (the host specifically). If a server was hosting the game and then we can all agree the server wouldnt quit it's own game. Problem solved. This is the source of all desync and unrecoverable game. It would also prevent those STUPID mid game freeze and kickback. I understand that P2P could in theory function but it doesn't mean it was the best course of action.

Einherjar25
03-26-2017, 07:32 PM
I dunno man, I think bedsheets are becoming aware and they're -pissed- about cheese. /s

You're right again, the more copies sold, the more players play-- however.

There's nothing terribly useful about that information.

How long do they play before they put it down to be forgotten? How have the playercounts evolved? What is the retention rate? These are the important questions to ask when you're looking for projections of long-term viability.

Most of those games tend to have terrible retention rates-- which is why they release sequels with such frequency, instead of hunkering down and updating with new content.

At least that's my guess.

Agreed :)

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 07:34 PM
My problem his as follow: They stated the game crashes were due to people quiting the game (the host specifically). If a server was hosting the game and then we can all agree the server wouldnt quit it's own game. Problem solved. This is the source of all desync and unrecoverable game. It would also prevent those STUPID mid game freeze and kickback. I understand that P2P could in theory function but it doesn't mean it was the best course of action.

Um, recently I noticed that when the host quits, game hangs for a bit, and a new host get assigned?

Doesn't that mean it's been fixed already?

If it wasn't, then sure, Ubisoft needs to fix it, even I will agree that it's an issue (since its provable and you know, not made up. That being said, don't look me in the eyes with the straight face and try to convince me that 40,000 people left the game for that reason, lol)

Maaci
03-26-2017, 07:35 PM
I quit playing because the game lacks depth at decent+ level. According to massiveD argument to git gud, he must be below average then since he thinks the gameplay is superb.
The intelligence is not bright either in this one, he only sees people complaining about the connection while he is on the forums but never in the game. Could that be because the people that have issues have problems playing? Hm thats a tricky one isnt it

Einherjar25
03-26-2017, 07:40 PM
Um, recently I noticed that when the host quits, game hangs for a bit, and a new host get assigned?

Doesn't that mean it's been fixed already?

If it wasn't, then sure, Ubisoft needs to fix it, even I will agree that it's an issue (since its provable and you know, not made up. That being said, don't look me in the eyes with the straight face and try to convince me that 40,000 people left the game for that reason, lol)

I have said myself that I do not believe the players left for connectivity only. There is alot of dumb design decisions and add all the connectivity issues to this. That's just my opinion thought...One good example is that you CANNOT, and I meant CANNOT include a microtransaction in a AAA title and put items in there that makes a player stronger (dominion,elimination). The fact that a player can literally buy gear and build a BROKEN Revenge build is just MEEEEHHH... microstransaction should be done exactly like Overwatch did when it comes to AAA title. Striclty cosmetics. STRICTLY!!!! Free 2 play models might get away with the pay 2 win but not AAA titles. They never will. That's ONE example.

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 07:42 PM
Free 2 play models might get away with the pay 2 win but not AAA titles. They never will. That's ONE example.

Why are you not complaining on Division forums then?

Or Mass Effect Andromeda?

The list goes on my dude.

Also if you love Overwatch so muchy, why dont you play that and leave this game?

From what I heard there are already players who sunk in litteraly thousands of dollars into that free to play game, lol

CitizenPuddi
03-26-2017, 07:43 PM
I myself am currently taking a break from the game until some of the balancing issues get sorted out.

I'd rather watch paint dry than put up with the turtle meta, and the number of times a warlord snuck in a lucky headbutt and swept me off my feet for a romantic date at the bottom of a canyon is too damn high.

I imagine I'm not alone in this, and I imagine I won't be alone when I return after changes are made.

::Edited to add::

and good golly godd*mn this game is not pay to win if you don't blow your "climb to rep 3" steel earnings on cosmetics

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 07:45 PM
I quit playing because the game lacks depth at decent+ level. According to massiveD argument to git gud, he must be below average then since he thinks the gameplay is superb.
The intelligence is not bright either in this one, he only sees people complaining about the connection while he is on the forums but never in the game. Could that be because the people that have issues have problems playing? Hm thats a tricky one isnt it

You quit, yet you are still on the forums?

Bizzare.

Furthermore, if the game lacks depth for you, surely you can easily master the title and become worlds best FH player to ever live, I'm sure you can make some mad money from this achievement, so what's stopping you? :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure the answer is obvious to everyone with 2 brain-cells left to rub together.

Einherjar25
03-26-2017, 07:47 PM
Why are you not complaining on Division forums then?

Or Mass Effect Andromeda?

The list goes on my dude.

Also if you love Overwatch so muchy, why dont you play that and leave this game?

From what I heard there are already players who sunk in litteraly thousands of dollars into that free to play game, lol

I bought the Division. I didnt complain because I enjoyed it and it was a fun positive experience. I was disappointed with the end game but besides that. Geneally was OK with it.

I literally bought Overwatch because of For honor. I am really happy with it. If people want to spend thousand of dollars on it then that's their choice. As long as it dooesn't unbalance competitive play.

The only reason I am here today is that I wanted to check on this game status. Contrary to what you might believe. I would rather have this game be succesful then not. I did pay 60$ for it. :)

edit* I tried to get a refund on For honor to no avail.

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 07:54 PM
I bought the Division. I didnt complain because I enjoyed it and it was a fun positive experience. I was disappointed with the end game but besides that. Geneally was OK with it.

I literally bought Overwatch because of For honor. I am really happy with it. If people want to spend thousand of dollars on it then that's their choice. As long as it dooesn't unbalance competitive play.

The only reason I am here today is that I wanted to check on this game status. Contrary to what you might believe. I would rather have this game be succesful then not. I did pay 60$ for it. :)

edit* I tried to get a refund on For honor to no avail.

... Division is P2P bro, same system

CuD_
03-26-2017, 07:54 PM
I haven't played this game in weeks, but I still check the forums a couple times or more a week, hoping that I will see posts and patch notes that say this game is AT LEAST as good as it was in beta, and I am not seeing it.

People saying P2P is the problem, yeah, it has some issues, but in the Beta this game was SOLID for me. Rarely got kicked from a match, very very few connection issues, and even when they happened it was a graceful recovery. P2P can work in this game, but something got broke and they don't seem to know how to fix it yet. Luckily, things like this always tend to get fixed, I just wish it would happen faster. Not everyone is going to hang around waiting and actually come back once its better, for many gamers once they are gone, thats it :(

All fighters felt responsive and fun in beta, and they changed some of the mechanics there for release too.

The fact that it is still not as good as the beta was is very disturbing.

Now, with that said, I have seen the potential, I have seen how this game CAN be(even with beta warts) and I think it still has the potential to become one of the best if UBI will just get their crap together. My attention span is waning, new games are coming out every day. I am sure I am not the only one in this boat.

I'm sure the game sold a lot of copies, but the playerbase is dwindlng, the question is can the game recover and reach its full potential. Even if it is currently considered a success, it is NOT living up to its potential and that is sad. I hadn't been this excited for a game in I dont know how long, which is why I am still hopeful.

But posts like this wont help it reach its potential, they just try to excuse the fact that it has missed the mark.

At least I a bought in, and so I have a vested interest to keep coming back and checking the pulse here. I feel like a sucker right now for dropping 100$ in this game on a preorder, but I also want to see this game be worth that investment.

mammakamelen
03-26-2017, 07:57 PM
There is hardly any evidence whatsoever that more than 1% of the population left due to connectivity issues, which doesn't seem to be a thing in practice, if it was , surely more people would be complaining more in game chat rather than none at all?

In fact on avarage there has been more threads on this very forum stating that "I quit because Warden is too OP", rather than "I quit because I lag"

This forum has more people saying they dropped out of a game than anything else.

You are basing your facts of the chat going on in the games you play. Hardly a good source would you say?

The whole forum is riddled with connection issues dude what are you talking about.

Einherjar25
03-26-2017, 07:59 PM
... Division is P2P bro, same system

and? I played solo 99% of the time I was there. I think I went into the DZ 2 or 3 times AT MOST. To m,e the DZ just wasnt fun. So I left. Story mode was fun thought.

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 08:05 PM
This forum has more people saying they dropped out of a game than anything else.

You are basing your facts of the chat going on in the games you play. Hardly a good source would you say?

The whole forum is riddled with connection issues dude what are you talking about.

This forum is riddled with whiny moany babies, therefore not an evidence of anything I'm afraid :(

Saying that the forum is an evidence of any issue at all, is like saying that the congress is the evidence for justice & morality, lol

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 08:07 PM
and? I played solo 99% of the time I was there. I think I went into the DZ 2 or 3 times AT MOST. To m,e the DZ just wasnt fun. So I left. Story mode was fun thought.

Your entire narrative up untill now was that P2P is unacceptable, dude, LOL, debunked SO HARD :D

You just tripped and fell face first over your own bullsh*t *facepalm*

Einherjar25
03-26-2017, 08:11 PM
This forum is riddled with whiny moany babies, therefore not an evidence of anything I'm afraid :(

I don't know about you but when the DEVS release a stream stating there is alot of connectivity issues and that's their top priority to fix, then that evidence enough for me. Same thing goes for classes being unbalanced. The Warlord is OP and the Lawbringer is gimped. The warden , Conquerer and PK also are consisdered being a bit OP again, by the DEVS themselves. This is evidence enough for me when the people making the game themselves say these class are unblalance and that there's connection problems. Why do you keep insisting? Aawww, I see, you are trolling.

Einherjar25
03-26-2017, 08:12 PM
Your entire narrative up untill now was that P2P is unacceptable, dude, LOL, debunked SO HARD :D

You just tripped and fell face first over your own bullsh*t *facepalm*

Im sorry you were born without a brain. I am not going to argue to the validity of P2P in The Division because I have not had any experience with it.

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 08:16 PM
Im sorry you were born without a brain. I am not going to argue to the validity of P2P in The Division because I have not had any experience with it.

So hard dude... the second hand embarrassment is real right now, oh dear .... :rolleyes:

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 08:18 PM
I don't know about you but when the DEVS release a stream stating there is alot of connectivity issues and that's their top priority to fix, then that evidence enough for me. Same thing goes for classes being unbalanced. The Warlord is OP and the Lawbringer is gimped. The warden , Conquerer and PK also are consisdered being a bit OP again, by the DEVS themselves. This is evidence enough for me when the people making the game themselves say these class are unblalance and that there's connection problems. Why do you keep insisting? Aawww, I see, you are trolling.

Link me timestamps to this stream you claim off, I wish to validate it and see how much of what you just said was BS :rolleyes:

Einherjar25
03-26-2017, 08:19 PM
So hard dude... the second hand embarrassment is real right now, oh dear .... :rolleyes:

I have seen people like you all my life. That's how you act when you lose pretty much every single inch of an argument. You know that memes? The one that says "It's hard to win an argument against a smart person, but damn near impossible against a dumb person"? It was invented because of people like you.

Einherjar25
03-26-2017, 08:20 PM
Link me timestamps to this stream you claim off, I wish to validate it and see how much of what you just said was BS :rolleyes:

LMAO U go and find it. It doesnt change ANYTHING for me if you believe me or not. If youre to lazy to verify it, then that's on you.

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 08:24 PM
LMAO U go and find it. It doesnt change ANYTHING for me if you believe me or not. If youre to lazy to verify it, then that's on you.

#PanicMode
#Debunked

Star for effort :rolleyes:

Specialkha
03-26-2017, 08:25 PM
Let me guess, you are playing warden or PK, hence everything is fine?

Btw, you have access to devs stream through Uplay.

Einherjar25
03-26-2017, 08:26 PM
#PanicMode
#Debunked

Star for effort :rolleyes:

U know what's funny? Anyone reading this can go and verify what I said. They will clearly see who's being deceptive and who's telling the truth. :cool:

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 08:31 PM
Let me guess, you are playing warden or PK, hence everything is fine?

Btw, you have access to devs stream through Uplay.

I mainly play Nobushi and Conqueror, planing to go into Valkyrie soon

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 08:32 PM
U know what's funny? Anyone reading this can go and verify what I said. They will clearly see who's being deceptive and who's telling the truth. :cool:

Get's asked for evidence - starts panicin, provides none.

Oh dear, that debunk tho, lol.

Let me guess, the streams are from 11th of February, EG no longer relevant? :rolleyes:

Einherjar25
03-26-2017, 08:35 PM
Get's asked for evidence - starts panicin, provides none.

Oh dear, that debunk tho, lol.

Let me guess, the streams are from 11th of February, EG no longer relevant? :rolleyes:

I did provide it and you can find it on the DEVS stream. That other player even told you it was accessible throught Uplay. Nice try. If you are too lazy to find it, it doesn't mean it's not there.

They are still revelant because no balance change has been made since and they said themselves the connection issue is an ongoing process

Specialkha
03-26-2017, 08:36 PM
In fact, this was claimed by devs a few weeks back, and no balance patch has been out for a while. This is why lots of players have quit. Being bullied by Warden/Warlord/Conq/PK and Valk to a lesser extent is not really fun.

Einherjar25
03-26-2017, 08:38 PM
In fact, this was claimed by devs a few weeks back, and no balance patch has been out for a while. This is why lots of players have quit. Being bullied by Warden/Warlord/Conq/PK and Valk to a lesser extent is not really fun.

That's 2 player now, me and you, trying to explain some simple logic and fact and he's STILL in denial.

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 08:45 PM

Being bullied by <proceeds to name half the champions in the game>.

I lol'd, so basically people quit because they can't get good you say? Well thank you for cementing the point of this thread, I'm glady we were able to go in circles and arrive right back where we started :D

Which is:

git gut - wont need to cry / moan / quit

Einherjar25
03-26-2017, 08:46 PM
Being bullied by <proceeds to name half the champions in the game>.

I lol'd, so basically people quit because they can't get good you say? Well thank you for cementing the point of this thread, I'm gladly we were able to go in circles and arrive right back where we started :D

Which is:

git gut - wont need to cry / moan / quit

Dear god please have mercy on your soul

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 08:46 PM
I did provide it and you can find it on the DEVS stream. That other player even told you it was accessible throught Uplay. Nice try. If you are too lazy to find it, it doesn't mean it's not there.

They are still revelant because no balance change has been made since and they said themselves the connection issue is an ongoing process

*The proof that I am right is burried under the Great Pyramid of Giza, you are just too lazzy to set-out an expedition to prove it"

So debunked lol, not even funny anymore :D

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 08:48 PM
Dear god, why am i not able to provide irrefutable arguments, why must I be debunked on everything I say, why have you forsaken me Q.Q

Here, I fixed that for you son :rolleyes:

Einherjar25
03-26-2017, 08:51 PM
*The proof that I am right is burried under the Great Pyramid of Giza, you are just too lazzy to set-out an expedition to prove it"

So debunked lol, not even funny anymore :D

Sure, we are all lying to you right now. It prett crazy what you can learn from someone just by arguing on a forum. You are CLEARLY a young kid that can't deal with the fact that you were wrong about this all along.

CitizenPuddi
03-26-2017, 08:54 PM
To be fair, the burden of proof lies on the shoulders of the one making the claim.

But real talk, connection issues -are- a problem for a lot of people.

I don't know whether or not it's mentioned in the dev stream, but I'll be sure to report back with timestamps if they did when I get home.

Einherjar25
03-26-2017, 08:59 PM
To be fair, the burden of proof lies on the shoulders of the one making the claim.

But real talk, connection issues -are- a problem for a lot of people.

I don't know whether or not it's mentioned in the dev stream, but I'll be sure to report back with timestamps if they did when I get home.

At this point, it's much more interesting leaving him to his ignorance. When more then 1 person is claiming the exact same thing and he still doesn't want to believe it. You just know what kind of person that is. Even showing a proof, he will jump right away on some other BS argument regarding something else. That's what they always do. It doesn't serve any purpose trying to reason with a rock.

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 09:03 PM
Sure, we are all lying to you right now. It prett crazy what you can learn from someone just by arguing on a forum. You are CLEARLY a young kid that can't deal with the fact that you were wrong about this all along.

"What counts is not what sounds plausible, not what we would like to believe, not what one or two witnesses claim, but only what is supported by hard evidence rigorously and skeptically examined. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" - Carl Sagan

Extraordinary evidence which so far you have utterly failed to provide :rolleyes:

#DEBUNKED

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 09:05 PM
At this point, it's much more interesting leaving him to his ignorance. When more then 1 person is claiming the exact same thing and he still doesn't want to believe it. You just know what kind of person that is. Even showing a proof, he will jump right away on some other BS argument regarding something else. That's what they always do. It doesn't serve any purpose trying to reason with a rock.

However, I must say it is a bit said watching you panic so much that you have to beg for approval left and right, even from people who proved you wrong just a few pages ago, have you no sense self-esteem at all *facepalm*

To answer your statement, sure, give me evidence and I will consider it.

But dont insult my inteligence tryign to prove that 40,000 people left because they couldn't connect to the game for a few days, especially in the sea of "i quit because this character is OP" threads readily available right here on the forums

Einherjar25
03-26-2017, 09:07 PM
However, I must say it is a bit said watching you panic so much that you have to beg for approval left and right, even from people who proved you wrong just a few pages ago, have you no sense self-esteem at all *facepalm*

Proven wrong on what? LMAO You are delusional too, that explains ALOT actually.

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 09:08 PM
Proven wrong on what? LMAO You are delusional too, that explains ALOT actually.

Man, the panic mode is strong in this one :rolleyes:

Yes, CitizenPuddi explained to you numerous times why you are wrong, and he was the one who did the research for this thread in the first place, genius, yet you are still begging for him to side with you, pathetic dude :D

Einherjar25
03-26-2017, 09:11 PM
Man, the panic mode is strong in this one :rolleyes:

Sure I am "panicking" , it was fun knowing you have some kind of superpower that tells you the feelings of people throught your monitor!

Allright cya haha.

Einherjar25
03-26-2017, 09:14 PM
.. yet you are still begging for him to side with you, pathetic dude :D

Again, you are wrong. I don't care if he sides with me because I know I'm telling the truth LOL A concept that is far gone to you.

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 09:16 PM
it was fun being #debunked .

Allright cya haha.

Lol, oh dear

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 09:19 PM
Again, you are wrong. I don't care if he sides with me because I know I'm telling the truth LOL A concept that is far gone to you.

I've been in this game from day 1, I know exactly when this game had lag issues, I know exactly when there were connectivity issues, I remember when the the NAT went red for everyone, I remember when Ubisoft server hamser gave up completely, and I know that in the last few weeks, none of these issues were present :)

Furthermore I've been on these forums nearly every day, and know exactly what sort of things peopel were complaining the most about , lol, thus in combination I have a generally good idea why the population is declining , which is simply a natural order of things for a game of this type, rather than a disaster.

The fact that I know and remember these things, makes it so much more hilarious that you tried to push your falsified reality on me, why do you think I chose DEBUNKED as a hasthag?

Priceless, lol.

Alchemist..
03-26-2017, 09:38 PM

To answer your statement, sure, give me evidence and I will consider it.

But dont insult my inteligence tryign to prove that 40,000 people left because they couldn't connect to the game for a few days, especially in the sea of "i quit because this character is OP" threads readily available right here on the forums
If u cant see how many problems game have just go to community support forum. If u think thst 40k peoples buy 60-100 euro game to leave it because get few time their *** wooped, not because they cant play it normal you are just ignorant.

Bob__Gnarly
03-26-2017, 09:44 PM
LOL at this thread!

The numbers show For Honor has lost more than 80% of its Steam player base in a month and this guy somehow thinks everything is okay?

Talk about delusional.

Iskaroth
03-26-2017, 09:46 PM
Except For Honor is hardly a "fighting game". Maybe Duel/Brawl could be considered (very simplistic)fighting game modes but they are the least popular among this game's casual playerbase. Dominion and other 4v4 modes are more like a variation of MOBA genre so compare the numbers with LoL or DotA2 and suddenly For Honor doesnt look very impressive.

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 09:47 PM
If u cant see how many problems game have just go to community support forum. If u think thst 40k peoples buy 60-100 euro game to leave it because get few time their *** wooped, not because they cant play it normal you are just ignorant.

LOL at this thread!

The numbers show For Honor has lost more than 80% of its Steam player base in a month and this guy somehow thinks everything is okay?

Talk about delusional.

Thoroughly explained in the original post my dudes:

By the way, a friend of mine started playing For Honor last week, bought the game, trained against bots with me for a day, on the second day playing 2v2 VS AI he got really salty, and rage quited, hes playing Andromeda now, because the way he puts it - "things dont make him salty" in that game, but I honestly doubt he will ever come back to FH :) It simply is not his type of game, because getting good is not a concept hes very fond off.

It's not hard to see how this exact or similar scenario would happen to a lot of people, since on avarage, I would say 95% of gamers out there are casual gamers, for whom a skilled game like this is way out of their competence range

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 09:48 PM
Except For Honor is hardly a "fighting game". Maybe Duel/Brawl could be considered (very simplistic)fighting game modes but they are the least popular among this game's casual playerbase. Dominion and other 4v4 modes are more like a variation of MOBA genre so compare the numbers with LoL or DotA2 and suddenly For Honor doesnt look very impressive.

No friend, For Honor is definitely a fighting game with a twist, directly comparable to Street Fighter, and more-so with Tekken series, that's why a lot of professionals who play those games are now playing FH

CitizenPuddi
03-26-2017, 10:07 PM

It would be hard to compare retention rates and playercounts between For Honor and LoL/DotA2 for several reasons.

LoL/DotA2 are free to play, have vastly different gameplay, matches in For Honor are far shorter, LoL and DotA2 are both successors to DotA, which already had a huge following, etc., etc., etc.

For Honor has less in common with MOBAs than it does fighting games.

Einherjar25
03-26-2017, 10:10 PM
LOL at this thread!

Talk about delusional.

I know right? I would call him a troll but he's more of a clown.

lDelicious
03-27-2017, 12:35 AM
Hmm interesting how you just ddos'ed the match we were just in, maybe this is the reason the game is dying; people like you are.

Udonitron
03-27-2017, 02:01 AM
8,397 playing currently
8,822 24-hour peak
45,923 all-time peak

That says a lot about how many started off and where it lies now and it is not good.
The spam attackers are driving away those who want a chess match based gameplay and thus killing any possible longevity of this game.
They are the parasite that is rapidly draining its player base.

mammakamelen
03-27-2017, 02:03 AM
Almost ALL the reviews on Steam by the people who bought the game say:

1. Great game
2. Connection issues

Out of the top 10 reviews, every single one of them mentions that the game gets a bad score because of the poor connection.

This is "found helpful" by over 20 000 people. The vast majority of players encounter this issue. It's not a debate, but a problem and it need to be adressed.

teksuo1
03-27-2017, 03:32 AM
these forums seem to think a fighting game should be as big as "World of Warcraft" otherwise it's dead.

Meanwhile i'm having fun and finding matches rather quickly 24/7.

The only issues bothering me are the resynchs and perma resynchs (game freezes and everyone gets kicked one after the other.) ; both caused by ragequitters/badconnections.
I'm a satisfied customer myself... but i'm not the majority apparently.

two things that do indicate low pop for me, though:

-Often recognize players in the lobby.
-Often end up playing with streamers without even trying to stream-snipe them.

Udonitron
03-27-2017, 04:47 AM
In before a certain troll asks you for "video proof". ;)

Delectable_Sin
03-27-2017, 05:54 AM
1. FH has lost about 87% of its player base over the course of the last 4 weeks. Nothing anyone posts will change that. You're posting Steam stats, and I don't think anyone knew any of those games were available on Steam, other than FH.

2. FH should be comparable to third person hack and slash games, not fighting games.

3. Did you seriously compare FH to SC2? SC2 is years older, and sold millions more on release. SC2 is a far more successful game by any metric. However, far more people buy Blizz games through Blizz than Steam. Even right now, I guarantee that SC2 has more players than FH. The difference is that no one even knows about Uplay, but Battle.net is a must if you're going to play a Blizz game.

4. If your'e stupid enough to compare FH to SC2, let's compare it to LoL. LoL is the most played video game in the entire world. This is in spite of the fact that it's PC only. BTW, I'm talking about unique log ins per month, which should favor a brand new AAA release like FH. LoL has more people log in each month (by about 20x) than the amount of total copies FH has sold world-wide across all platforms.

5. Your stats are skewed. OW sold far more copies than FH and has alot more people playing, but that doesn't reflect on Steam.

6. FH has lost about 87% of its player base over the course of the last 4 weeks. Nothing anyone posts will change that.

Nice try.

MassiveD.
03-27-2017, 11:07 AM
1. FH has lost about 87% of its player base over the course of the last 4 weeks. Nothing anyone posts will change that. You're posting Steam stats, and I don't think anyone knew any of those games were available on Steam, other than FH.

2. FH should be comparable to third person hack and slash games, not fighting games.

3. Did you seriously compare FH to SC2? SC2 is years older, and sold millions more on release. SC2 is a far more successful game by any metric. However, far more people buy Blizz games through Blizz than Steam. Even right now, I guarantee that SC2 has more players than FH. The difference is that no one even knows about Uplay, but Battle.net is a must if you're going to play a Blizz game.

4. If your'e stupid enough to compare FH to SC2, let's compare it to LoL. LoL is the most played video game in the entire world. This is in spite of the fact that it's PC only. BTW, I'm talking about unique log ins per month, which should favor a brand new AAA release like FH. LoL has more people log in each month (by about 20x) than the amount of total copies FH has sold world-wide across all platforms.

5. Your stats are skewed. OW sold far more copies than FH and has alot more people playing, but that doesn't reflect on Steam.

6. FH has lost about 87% of its player base over the course of the last 4 weeks. Nothing anyone posts will change that.

Nice try.

It seems like you did not understand the original post, go back and re-read it.

You didnt even understand why I was comparing FH to SC2 and not LoL, well, let me break it down to your IQ level:

1. League of Legends is made for babies and is played by babies who like baby games

2. Star Craft is made for Unholy 400APM Korean Death Cyborgs, and is being played by Unholy 400APM Death Cyborgs, who love the idea that they can play the game at such tempos where normie brains simply give up.

3. For Honor has a very high skill cap, meaning that when normies meet Unholy 400APM Korean Death Cyborgs in a 1v1 match, the latter will make the normies brains malfuncion and heads explode​ in real life, because they are on different plains of existance when it comes to skill level.

For Honor is the type of game that attracts hardcore gamers that you dont typically see in baby games, and that is the very core of leaving player base, only a small percentage can keep up, this was always meant to be

guffffff
03-27-2017, 11:40 AM
For Honor is the type of game that attracts hardcore gamers that you dont typically see in baby games, and that is the very core of leaving player base, only a small percentage can keep up, this was always meant to be

agreed. and the small 4v4 games you will stand out if you suck and get a takedown bagel and nobody wants that :D

MassiveD.
03-27-2017, 12:05 PM
agreed. and the small 4v4 games you will stand out if you suck and get a takedown bagel and nobody wants that :D

That is also a good point, the community is not that toxic in FH, but in team matches if u dont do well u will get told off, i imagine at some point ull say "well this game is too hard for me " and leave

Draghmar
03-27-2017, 12:06 PM
I'm reading this whole discussion from many threads and I don't understand why are trying so hard to enforce this elitism here. Are you trying to make yourself feel better this way? Your comparison is very weak in terms of statistics because you should compare games after same period of being on the market and not at the same date. And you should take into consideration that FH is both fighting game and typical team multiplayer.
The playerbase is shrinking from three reasons:
1. Natural way for games after realease - someone buy game, play it for a while and then leave it.
2. Network issues (both matchmaking and P2P) with forcing people to make things like open their ports in order to get better experience - not everyone is tech savvy.
3. The game *is* harder then average. Combined with many toxic behaviors like elitism and rudness makes some people quit.

berserker7331
03-27-2017, 12:18 PM
For honor is here to stay!!!

Duuklah
03-27-2017, 12:23 PM
Then of course there is the broken mechanics that "elite" players abuse to no end.

There is a reason why Warden PK Conq WL and to a lesser extent Orochi are winning this game. This is according to statistics as well. Objective!

Just check out FHtracker.com for info. PK is FAR and above the most successful.

It's no biggie tho. Just make sure you sit with your guard in the same spot for different classes all the time and you are good! Just know you WILL eat a cheap zone or 3 each time you duel a PK Warden or Orochi.

Specialkha
03-27-2017, 12:31 PM
Orochi is OP now? Ppl these days.

DrExtrem
03-27-2017, 01:09 PM
Orochi is OP now? Ppl these days.

His light spam never was weak.

I guess that a lot of players were not able to play other than x+rb. They started complaining, that the orochi was too weak.

Specialkha
03-27-2017, 01:13 PM
He is weak because and only because the meta currently is defensive, and he has no way to open up a turtle. Once the meta will be fixed, he will be fine.

MassiveD.
03-27-2017, 01:32 PM
I'm reading this whole discussion from many threads and I don't understand why are trying so hard to enforce this elitism here. Are you trying to make yourself feel better this way? Your comparison is very weak in terms of statistics because you should compare games after same period of being on the market and not at the same date. And you should take into consideration that FH is both fighting game and typical team multiplayer.
The playerbase is shrinking from three reasons:
1. Natural way for games after realease - someone buy game, play it for a while and then leave it.
2. Network issues (both matchmaking and P2P) with forcing people to make things like open their ports in order to get better experience - not everyone is tech savvy.
3. The game *is* harder then average. Combined with many toxic behaviors like elitism and rudness makes some people quit.

Why are u calling me elitist? Im bad at this game, lol

Captain-Courage
03-27-2017, 01:51 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/jQmVFypWInKCc/giphy-downsized-large.gif

RatedChaotic
03-27-2017, 02:28 PM
Most played fighter of all time? I didnt realize For Honor has sold over 27 million copies but ok....news to me.....

Draghmar
03-27-2017, 02:35 PM
Why are u calling me elitist? Im bad at this game, lol
I didn't call you this way...not directly anyway. I only told that you're forcing some weird view of this game like if it was only for some elite/pro players. And that's not true. And even you've admitted it by saying you're bad at it (and by that invalidated your argument about game being only for hardcore players).

The problem you were all raised here is not as simple as most people says. We even don't have all stats needed to make proper conclusions. For example we have no idea how many players don't use Steam to play FH (I don't).

RatedChaotic
03-27-2017, 02:43 PM
Well For Honor is not the most played fighter of all time. For Honor is no where close to the 27 million copies sold by the Mortal Kombat franchise. Ya there is more playing For Honor on steam right now.

But to state For Honor is the most played fighter of all time is......completely false.

MassiveD.
03-27-2017, 02:47 PM
Most played fighter of all time?.

According to SteamCharts - yes :rolleyes: that's what the title says, why are so many people having so much trouble reading and comprehending the title, lol

MassiveD.
03-27-2017, 02:49 PM
I didn't call you this way...not directly anyway. I only told that you're forcing some weird view of this game like if it was only for some elite/pro players. And that's not true. And even you've admitted it by saying you're bad at it (and by that invalidated your argument about game being only for hardcore players).

The problem you were all raised here is not as simple as most people says. We even don't have all stats needed to make proper conclusions. For example we have no idea how many players don't use Steam to play FH (I don't).

Yes , I'm bad, but I have no problem to aknowledge that and proceed to git gut .

It's not the case for majority of players however, hence the declining population. (which is expected, and in no a way a bad thing)

Captain-Courage
03-27-2017, 02:49 PM

For the PC version, when numbers were avalaible ingame, it was very easy to compare wiih Stream numbers.
The later counted for more than 50 % of the former.
Yep, more than 50 % of the PC user base bought the game on Steam. It's very interresting and tells things about consumers habits by the way. Despite the game was actually cheaper on Uplay, and that even with Steam the uplay launcher will be used, people still favored Steam.

RatedChaotic
03-27-2017, 02:50 PM
Lmao this is not the most played fighter of all time. Theres more ignorance on these forums than I thought. lol

MassiveD.
03-27-2017, 02:53 PM
Lmao

Roflcoptermaobao

MassiveD.
03-27-2017, 02:55 PM
Lmao this is not the most played fighter of all time. Theres more ignorance on these forums than I thought. lol

The title says... " For Honor - most played fighting game of all-times according to SteamCharts "

Can you seriously not read what is says?...

Fascinating O.O

RatedChaotic
03-27-2017, 02:59 PM
The title says... " For Honor - most played fighting game of all-times according to SteamCharts "

Fascinating O.O

Hey genius, Steam was created in 2003.....Mortal Kombat was released in 1992.....

MassiveD.
03-27-2017, 03:00 PM
Hey genius, Steam was created in 2003.....Mortal Kombat was released in 1992.....

That't not what the title says, omg, LOL, the title says:

" For Honor - most played fighting game of all-times according to SteamCharts "

Please read over untill it clicks...

Captain-Courage
03-27-2017, 03:03 PM

Fascinating O.O

And it is fallacy.

You don't say : "For honor, the most played fighting game of all-time on steam", what Steam charts can actually show.

You say : " For Honor - most played fighting game of all-times according to SteamCharts "

It doesn't mean the same thing at all.
Your proposition implies that the game is the most played of all time, ever, on every platform, (First part of the proposition) and that steamcharts confirm that fact (second part), but without never contextualizing, which is just obvious fallacy, blatant voluntary omission, leading to fallacious reasoning, hence the deserved lulz.

MassiveD.
03-27-2017, 03:06 PM
Your proposition implies that the game is the most played of all time, ever, on every platform, (First part of the proposition) and that steamcharts confirm that fact (second part), but without never contextualizing, which is just obvious fallacy, leading to fallacious reasoning.

Nope, my proposition states that "For Honor - most played fighting game of all-times according to SteamCharts", why are you trying to twist, turn, and deviate away the title?

:D hahaha, this is hilarious, this sentance turned out to be such an enigma that it malfunctions people's brains, lol

Iuslez_
03-27-2017, 03:06 PM
For the PC version, when numbers were avalaible ingame, it was very easy to compare wiih Stream numbers.
The later counted for more than 50 % of the former.
Yep, more than 50 % of the PC user base bought the game on Steam. It's very interresting and tells things about consumers habits by the way. Despite the game was actually cheaper on Uplay, and that even with Steam the uplay launcher will be used, people still favored Steam.
don't forget that not everyone playing it on steam actually bought it there. I bought the physical copy, installed the game and then added it to my steam Library. The main reason being that I play the game over big picture to be able to configure the controller. I also like to have all my games and my friend list in one place

Draghmar
03-27-2017, 03:10 PM
It's not the case for majority of players however, hence the declining population. (which is expected, and in no a way a bad thing)
I don't consider myself good player either. On good day I could at most say I'm at medium. ;)
But you can't say that less and less players are not a bad thing. That depends on the rate of this declining. I didn't check all the numbers but someone said that some great number of players are gone based on copies sold. I'm pretty sure it will slow down a bit but if it won't do that soon then there won't be enough players to choose from. Especially from smaller countries where P2P will be even more problem. And if game became "for hardcore only" then there won't be any fresh blood and without it there won't be enough money for new updates, dlc of whatever and game will eventually die. I know that there always some people will play it to the end of all times but I'd like to see some evolution, some new things. I know we will get new classes. But what then?

RatedChaotic
03-27-2017, 03:12 PM
Ya I'm sure Steam put in the numbers from the 90's aswell. lmao. Your an idiot. have a good day sir spreading your false info. Because any real gamer has already learned not to trust Steam numbers.

Captain-Courage
03-27-2017, 03:15 PM
Nope, my proposition states that "For Honor - most played fighting game of all-times according to SteamCharts", why are you trying to twist, turn, and deviate from the title?

:D hahaha, this is hilarious, this sentance turned out to be such an enigma that it malfunctions people's brains, lol

Your proposition is still organically fallacious.
By the way there's no brain malfunction, on the contrary it's quite simple and instantaneous : as soon as one see your title, he immediately knows that it's bullcrap, for the simple reason that you talk about absolutes.

Captain-Courage
03-27-2017, 03:19 PM
don't forget that not everyone playing it on steam actually bought it there. I bought the physical copy, installed the game and then added it to my steam Library. The main reason being that I play the game over big picture to be able to configure the controller. I also like to have all my games and my friend list in one place

Yes, it's one the the main reasons why people still favored Steam, be it buy buying it directly or adding the game to steam library, because steam ecosystem and services, and it's quite legitimate (that's why I bought the game on steam)

And it's even more alamring indeed, because a part of the retail copies are actually counted in stream numbers, not only digital versions bought on the platform.

And these numbers are bad.

MassiveD.
03-27-2017, 03:27 PM
Ya I'm sure Steam put in the numbers from the 90's aswell. lmao. Your an idiot. have a good day sir spreading your false info. Because any real gamer has already learned not to trust Steam numbers.

I am very sorry to see that the title has confused you so badly, that you degenerated into a raging bafoon...

Let me give you a pointer, the title has nothing to do with the fact that is For Honor the most played game of all time or not, the title simply states, that ACCORDING TO STEAM CHARTS, For Honor IS the most played fighting game of all time.

Do you understand now?

MassiveD.
03-27-2017, 03:31 PM
Your proposition is still organically fallacious.
By the way there's no brain malfunction, on the contrary it's quite simple and instantaneous : as soon as one see your title, he immediately knows that it's bullcrap, for the simple reason that you talk about absolutes.

Ok, since you seem to lack command over the english language, let me help you out to save you further embarrassment.

The title of the thread has very little to do with FH being top played fighter game or not, it simply states that according to SteamCharts, For Honor is the top played fighter game of all time, which is a correct statement, and you look silly trying to debunk a statement that is factually correct by the definition of the english language, lol

Specialkha
03-27-2017, 03:40 PM
No it is not. Of all time implies most played on console as well. And since Steamchart only gives number for steam which is PC only... You should add On PC to your title, that would be closer to the truth (even if it is not).

MassiveD.
03-27-2017, 03:44 PM
No it is not. Of all time implies most played on console as well. And since Steamchart only gives number for steam which is PC only... You should add On PC to your title, that would be closer to the truth (even if it is not).

It doesn't matter what you think it implies, it doesn't matter how it makes you feel, all it does is states that ACCORDING TO STEAMCHARTS, For Honor is the most played fighting game of all time, therefore I do not have to add anything further to the title as it is already a CORRECT STATEMENT, you can go on Steam Charts and verify it yourself, lol

If the title said "For Honor is the top played game of all times" then yes, it would be incorect, but since it reads "For Honor - most played fighting game of all-times according to SteamCharts", it is correct BY DEFINITION, lol.

Great Scott, this is both hilarious and sad :D

Specialkha
03-27-2017, 03:46 PM
Nope, you are wrong. Or remove of all time of your title. In fact, it should be FH is the most played fighting game currently on Steam, according to steamchart. See, I fixed it for you.

MassiveD.
03-27-2017, 03:47 PM
Nope, you are wrong. Or remove of all time of your title. In fact, it should be FH is the most played fighting game currently on Steam, according to steamchart. See, I fixed it for you.

Nope, you are wrong, the title is already correct :rolleyes: look it up on SteamCharts and or git gutt at English

Captain-Courage
03-27-2017, 03:52 PM
Ok, since you seem to lack command over the english language, let me help you out to save you further embarrassment.

The title of the thread has very little to do with FH being top played fighter game or not, it simply states that according to SteamCharts, For Honor is the top played fighter game of all time, which is a correct statement, and you look silly trying to debunk a statement that is factually correct by the definition of the english language, lol

It has nothing to do with English and everything to do with logic and rethoric, which are not english exclusive.
But go on, it's entertaining, Jonah is still ROFL, and you are quite a good lolcow indeed.

MassiveD.
03-27-2017, 03:55 PM
It has nothing to do with English and everything to do with logic and rethoric, which are not english exclusive.
But go on, it's entertaining, Jonah is still ROFL

I'm not sure I would call a group of people failing over and over to read a simple english sentance - entertaining?

I'd say it's more of a tragedy, lol.

It has all to do with English and not logic, as it is written in English and is meant to mean EXACTLY what it says, EXACTLY.

According to SteamCharts, FH is the most played fighting game of all time, which it is (according to Steam Charts), here's proof:

231 playing currently
430 24-hour peak
1,706 all-time peak

Street Fighter V
1,569 playing currently
1,678 24-hour peak
13,807 all-time peak

DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2
1,188 playing currently
1,367 24-hour peak
13,570 all-time peak

Mortal Kombat X
962 playing currently
1,187 24-hour peak
13,649 all-time peak

1,175 playing currently
1,487 24-hour peak
23,094 all-time peak

For Honor
8,397 playing currently
8,822 24-hour peak
45,923 all-time peak

according
əˈkɔːdɪŋ
adverb
1. as stated by, in or on.

Specialkha
03-27-2017, 03:56 PM
Nope but go on. You are quite entertaining, as much as stupidity can be :)

MassiveD.
03-27-2017, 03:59 PM
When failing to come up with valid arguments:

Nope but go on. You are quite entertaining, as much as stupidity can be :)

http://scrubbing.in/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/child-covering-ears.png

:D :D

Look man, it's not my fault that you got defeated by English, the only cure is basic education, try to get some

Specialkha
03-27-2017, 04:01 PM
You first. You do not even understand what "Of all time" means in a sentence.

MassiveD.
03-27-2017, 04:03 PM
You first. You do not even understand what "Of all time" means in a sentence.

231 playing currently
430 24-hour peak
1,706 all-time peak

Street Fighter V
1,569 playing currently
1,678 24-hour peak
13,807 all-time peak

DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2
1,188 playing currently
1,367 24-hour peak
13,570 all-time peak

Mortal Kombat X
962 playing currently
1,187 24-hour peak
13,649 all-time peak

1,175 playing currently
1,487 24-hour peak
23,094 all-time peak

For Honor
8,397 playing currently
8,822 24-hour peak
45,923 all-time peak

Looks like FH is indeed the most played game of all time (according to SteamCharts)
The evidence is RIGHT THERE^

What you are trying to do is disect the sentance, and take out "of all time" out of context, which you simply cannot do, because that is not what the title says, because the context of the title is "Of all time, ACCORDING TO STEAMCHARTS", and latter is the defining factor which you failed to read over and over and over, lol

RatedChaotic
03-27-2017, 04:26 PM
You are dumb if you think those Steam numbers are anywhere close to the real numbers. For one some of the best fighters were released in the early 90s. Steam was created in 2003. It is impossible for Steam to figure out how many players were playing those fighters in the 90s because the internet was still a new thing and most homes didnt have it. Hell I didnt start online gaming til the late 90s.

Right there shows that your assumption that For Honor is the most played fighter of all time is completely false. Assumptions are the mother of all f**k ups and you took the cake on that one.

MassiveD.
03-27-2017, 04:49 PM
You are dumb if you think those Steam numbers are anywhere close to the real numbers. For one some of the best fighters were released in the early 90s. Steam was created in 2003. It is impossible for Steam to figure out how many players were playing those fighters in the 90s because the internet was still a new thing and most homes didnt have it. Hell I didnt start online gaming til the late 90s.

Right there shows that your assumption that For Honor is the most played fighter of all time is completely false. Assumptions are the mother of all f**k ups and you took the cake on that one.

Sir, you are just sitting here parading the fact that you completely missed the point of the title and this thread in general, please stop.

I understand that For Honor IS NOT the most played fighting game of all time, yet you do not understand that For Honor IS the most played fighting game of all time ACCORDING TO STEAMCHARTS....

What started of as a joke has now turned into great, great sadness, oh the humanity...

RatedChaotic
03-27-2017, 04:51 PM
Well your title says most played fighter of all times....does it not? and when I google most played fighter of all time For Honor is not one of them....oh let me guess its because you put an "s" on time........lol....nice troll thread

MassiveD.
03-27-2017, 04:53 PM
Well your title says most played fighter of all time....does it not?

ACCORDING TO STEAMCHARTS, yes... lol

RatedChaotic
03-27-2017, 04:58 PM
Oh I'm sorry. I didnt know the Steam charts are a reliable source. lmao.

MassiveD.
03-27-2017, 04:58 PM
Well your title says most played fighter of all time....does it not? and when I google most played fighter of all time For Honor is not one of them....oh let me guess its because you put an "s" on time........lol

Buddy... no, for the love of.

The title states a fact that is correct only within it's own context, if SteamCharts was the only source in the universe using which you could check statistics of which is the most played fighting game, you would come to conclusion that it was For Honor.

That is the only thing that the title states, all this time you guys were trying to debunk a statement that is factually correct, lol

MassiveD.
03-27-2017, 04:59 PM
Oh I'm sorry. I didnt know the Steam charts are a reliable source. lmao.

I didn't say even once that it was :D

RatedChaotic
03-27-2017, 05:00 PM
Buddy... no, for the love of.

The title states a fact that is correct only within it's own context, if SteamCharts was the only source in the universe using which you could check statistics of which is the most played fighting game, you would come to conclusion that it was For Honor.

That is the only thing that the title states, all this time you guys were trying to debunk a statement that is factually correct, lol

Whats hilarious to me is that you think the steam charts are correct.

R4zzp
03-27-2017, 05:00 PM
This is ridiculous. How people fail to understand that sentence is beyond me. Nonetheless it is very entertaining.

RatedChaotic
03-27-2017, 05:04 PM
This is ridiculous. How people fail to understand that sentence is beyond me. Nonetheless it is very entertaining.

Ya it was a good troll thread putting an "s" at the end of time to throw people off. Tho if there were numbers for MK in 1992 im sure those numbers would be higher than For Honors now. Which would still make his assumption false.

The title should include now or at this time. Not using a "s" to try to make his statement true. This thread was created to troll people. Plain and simple and should be removed. Look at how many users he trolled with it already.

Yes he got me with that "s" and that was his intention.

MassiveD.
03-27-2017, 05:12 PM
Ya it was a good troll thread putting an "s" at the end of time to throw people off.

Not really, that was just a reference to this website, where the data was pulled from..

http://steamcharts.com/

RatedChaotic
03-27-2017, 05:28 PM
Not really, that was just a reference to this website, where the data was pulled from..

http://steamcharts.com/

Funny I dont see For Honor anywhere on there. And when I see "of all times" I think of all times in general. Even games played in medieval times. So your title isnt correct in the slightest way.

MassiveD.
03-27-2017, 05:33 PM
Funny I dont see For Honor anywhere on there. And when I see "of all times" I think of all times in general. Even games played in medieval times. So your title isnt correct in the slightest way.

Please reffer to original post for clarification...

RatedChaotic
03-27-2017, 06:24 PM
Dont need to. You have contradicted yourself so many times in this thread its hilarious that you didnt even notice.

MassiveD.
03-27-2017, 06:28 PM
Dont need to. You have contradicted yourself so many times in this thread its hilarious that you didnt even notice.

Yet the title of the thread still stands correct. :rolleyes:

And you Sir, kicking and screaming, got educated a little bit more about English (ironically by a person for whom English is only his third language).

So all in all

https://img.memesuper.com/ae63e1df7b86dfb3b85cbfcbf5b3fe76_today-was-a-good-day-meme-today-was-a-good-day-memes_600-371.jpeg

RatedChaotic
03-27-2017, 06:34 PM
Yet the title of the thread still stands correct.

And you Sir, kicking and screaming, got educated a little bit more about English (ironically by a person for whom English is only his third language).

So all in all, today - was a good day :rolleyes:

lmao. I reported this thread. Its obvious its a trolling thread meant to cause flamming using unreliable sources. Aswell as bashing other users. Believe what you wish bro.

MassiveD.
03-27-2017, 06:37 PM
lmao. I reported this thread. Its obvious its a trolling thread meant to cause flamming using unreliable sources. Aswell as bashing other users. Believe what you wish bro.

It's not a troll thread tho, and the facts presented are not only correct, but are also verifiable, steamcharts is as reliable as it gets for steam statistics and is even being used by the same doomsayers who falsly cry that the game is dying.

You are just salty due to getting schooled, lol :rolleyes:

Let me remind you that I stayed composed this entire time, meanwhile you degenerated multiple times into using insults, because you were not able to form valid arguments using grownup words :) tsk tsk

I honestly don't understand what drove you into this confrontation against me, I actually really respect you for being a war veteran

Udonitron
03-27-2017, 07:38 PM

Nah, he is just a miserable fanboy who does nothing but spend most of his time here defending the game and calling people liars who disagree with his stance.
Odd thing is he is here more than he is in the game (almost 500 posts in a month lol), obviously, so we know where the loyalty lies.

What is ironic is how he tries to show this game is the most populated fighting game of all time while showing us all it is failing miserably lol.

MassiveD.
03-27-2017, 08:02 PM
Nah, he is just a miserable fanboy who does nothing but spend most of his time here defending the game and calling people liars who disagree with his stance.
Odd thing is he is here more than he is in the game (almost 500 posts in a month lol), obviously, so we know where the loyalty lies.

What is ironic is how he tries to show this game is the most populated fighting game of all time while showing us all it is failing miserably lol.

Careful, you'll cut yourself on that edge my son, lol.

I think I am doing pretty well on the game in regards to progress, thank you very much.

http://oi67.tinypic.com/2mzfp09.jpg

Am I suppose to be ashamed somehow for being active on the forums for the game I like?

This is not even my main game (Elite Dangerous is, you should see my post count on their forums, oh boy)

First of all I am not the one whos going around attacking people's posts by calling them liars, you are all guests on my thread :rolleyes:

Second of all, if you read the original post and even further - comprehended the original post, you would see why I used the given examples, as I have explained my reasoning for it thoroughly.

At this point I have indisputably proved the real reason for declining player base, and explained why it was expected, unlike the whiny cry babies who delusioned themselves into thinking that 20,000 players left because they lagged a bit in the game, with no evidence provided of any lagging or connection issues recently (Post patch 1.04) (first weeks of February doesn't count, we talked about this)

Honestly Ubisoft, if you are reading this, please DO employee me, within my first half an hour of employment these forums will be made clean as a whistle, and whiny crybaby-free, by golly they will :rolleyes:

RatedChaotic
03-27-2017, 08:07 PM
And thank you for that respect. But seriously, in your first few sentences you are clearly trying to start a confrontational thread. Debunking ect ect......this sentence. You are calling out every thread creator of those threads ......along with the troll topic it didnt help much....

secrecy274
03-27-2017, 08:08 PM
I just have a quick question for you guys, that keep trying to "prove" the game is dying:
Why?
If you like it, stay.
If you don't, leave.

I enjoy the game, and I'll keep playing it, not matter how dead you claim it is, and it seems a lot of people agree with me.
Ubisoft won't care about any "evidence" you post here, they're the only ones who have all the data.

MassiveD.
03-27-2017, 08:11 PM
And thank you for that respect. But seriously, in your first few sentences you are clearly trying to start a confrontational thread. Debunking ect ect......this sentence. You are calling out every thread creator of those threads ......

I did call out a few creators of "those threads", by asking to provide the evidence instead of just whining , crying , doomsaying , and threatening to quit the game.

Evidence which I am still waiting to this very day.

The reason why I made this thread was to consolidate the data I've gathered and showcase how little evidence there is that any of the proposed "issues" are even happening anymore.

Bloody hell, this thread is nearly 20 pages long, and still not a single soul has come front and said "here mate, a video of me lagging this morning" or whatver.

You'd expect at least a few of such submissions, given the fact that "20,000 people got up and left because they were lagging" , lol , you'd think a few out of those 10's of thousands would have made a video or something :rolleyes:

Udonitron
03-27-2017, 08:38 PM
Careful, you'll cut yourself on that edge my son, lol.

I think I am doing pretty well on the game in regards to progress, thank you very much.

http://oi67.tinypic.com/2mzfp09.jpg

Am I suppose to be ashamed somehow for being active on the forums for the game I like?

This is not even my main game (Elite Dangerous is, you should see my post count on their forums, oh boy)

First of all I am not the one whos going around attacking people's posts by calling them liars, you are all guests on my thread :rolleyes:

Second of all, if you read the original post and even further - comprehended the original post, you would see why I used the given examples, as I have explained my reasoning for it thoroughly.

At this point I have indisputably proved the real reason for declining player base, and explained why it was expected, unlike the whiny cry babies who delusioned themselves into thinking that 20,000 players left because they lagged a bit in the game, with no evidence provided of any lagging or connection issues recently (Post patch 1.04) (first weeks of February doesn't count, we talked about this)

Honestly Ubisoft, if you are reading this, please DO employee me, within my first half an hour of employment these forums will be made clean as a whistle, and whiny crybaby-free, by golly they will :rolleyes:

I gave you a video from March 18th and clearly showed the issue and YOU acknowledged it as the host leaving hence connectivity issues and you are still riding this post patch denial.
It is P2P, you know this and think it is perfectly fine?
Is Elite Dangerous P2P?

No different when the Division was in a rapid decline and all the fanboy's fought tooth and nail defending it and denying the decline.
No one in my 120 friends play it anymore and For Honor was hugely populated 3 weeks ago and now I see 2-3 friends playing it.
Doesn't take hardcore science to see the trend and I promise you people are not quitting because they think it is boring.
It is due to the major imbalance of characters along with a poor choice of online gameplay.

MassiveD.
03-27-2017, 08:49 PM
I gave you a video from March 18th and clearly showed the issue and YOU acknowledged it as the host leaving hence connectivity issues and you are still riding this post patch denial.
It is P2P, you know this and think it is perfectly fine?
Is Elite Dangerous P2P?

... Elite Dangerous IS actually P2P lol, it's actually quite weird, because it is a mega-massive open world game with 300bilion (not exagerating the number) visitable star systems, however I never heard of any P2P issues at all, and I am a community contributor, and I make tutorial videos for ED, so trust me I would know.

Yes I've seen your video, personally I dont find host leaving that much of an issue, it just resyncs for a few seconds and back to business, I do agree tho that it can be frustrating.

But you simply cannot tell me that is even a reason for rage quitting the game and never comming back >.>

Talking about friends, a friend of mine bought the game 2 days ago, and yesterday while we were playing 2v2 against bots he rage quited and swore never to come back again... He got his *** handed to him pretty badly, and decided to play Mass Effect Andromeda as well.

Did he quit because the bots were imbalanced, no, the game was too hard for him, it's as simple as that...

Actually speaking about Elite Dangerous, it's another example of a niche game that has a dedicated , steadily growing fan base, but it's gameplay is not for everyone (as it is hard, it being a space simulator more so than a game)

In fact ED has been out since 2014, and has a smaller player base than FH, altho it has been in beta for 2 and a half years, still is actually, and the PS4 release is only schedules in the upcoming summer.

They have a 10 year development plan, so technicly the game is in it's infancy, and doesn't really have any competitors appart from the "upcoming" Star Citizen.

Also, just because I love this video :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTwtZrtmOCU

Specialkha
03-27-2017, 08:58 PM
So, there is actually no issue with FH? Every Hero is balanced? No connectivity issue?

buhahh125
03-27-2017, 08:58 PM

LMAO well said Massive. =D

MassiveD.
03-27-2017, 09:04 PM
So, there is actually no issue with FH? Every Hero is balanced? No connectivity issue?

There are some bugs that I've seen , like conquerors spinup heavy counter attacks not connecting when they should etc.

Balancing? That is something that happens over time, over years in fact, not the first month of release, hell as I said, Star Craft 2 came out in 2010, yet 7 years later it is still being balanced every single month and people are still crying this OP, that OP.

No connectivity issues? Definitely not as much as there was on the first few weeks on release.

Are all of the above reason for 20,000 people to leave the game ? Hell no, they left cause they couldn't git gut, just like my friend Mark (I hate you Mark, eat a d1ck) (too bad he will never read this)

Specialkha
03-27-2017, 09:31 PM
They left because they did not like the game for some. But they also left because of balancing issues (warden/warlord/conq/pk far above the others), connectivity issues, overall lack of content, etc...

Udonitron
03-27-2017, 09:47 PM
... Elite Dangerous IS actually P2P lol, it's actually quite weird, because it is a mega-massive open world game with 300bilion (not exagerating the number) visitable star systems, however I never heard of any P2P issues at all, and I am a community contributor, and I make tutorial videos for ED, so trust me I would know.

Yes I've seen your video, personally I dont find host leaving that much of an issue, it just resyncs for a few seconds and back to business, I do agree tho that it can be frustrating.

But you simply cannot tell me that is even a reason for rage quitting the game and never comming back >.>

Talking about friends, a friend of mine bought the game 2 days ago, and yesterday while we were playing 2v2 against bots he rage quited and swore never to come back again... He got his *** handed to him pretty badly, and decided to play Mass Effect Andromeda as well.

Did he quit because the bots were imbalanced, no, the game was too hard for him, it's as simple as that...

Actually speaking about Elite Dangerous, it's another example of a niche game that has a dedicated , steadily growing fan base, but it's gameplay is not for everyone (as it is hard, it being a space simulator more so than a game)

In fact ED has been out since 2014, and has a smaller player base than FH, altho it has been in beta for 2 and a half years, still is actually, and the PS4 release is only schedules in the upcoming summer.

They have a 10 year development plan, so technicly the game is in it's infancy, and doesn't really have any competitors appart from the "upcoming" Star Citizen.

Also, just because I love this video :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTwtZrtmOCU

OK and that most likely is due to ED doing a proper job segregating regions and locales for gameplay I.E. you are being peered to someone within a 100 mile (for example) radius of your location and thus have a more stable game as a result.
The caveat of how FH is doing it is that they are pairing people across North America and thus high pingers sharing the load on others causing instability and game ejections.
You should not be surprised by this as Siege had open regional gameplay for the 1st 4-5 months and they only added regional settings after so many complained and it was initially done via editing the gamesettings.ini vs being automatic.
It is well known across all online Ubi games that networking and net coding are one of their achilles heels and they still are struggling with it.
They seem to start from scratch with every game vs working on one system and using it across all titles.

MassiveD.
03-27-2017, 10:56 PM
They left because they did not like the game for some. But they also left because of balancing issues (warden/warlord/conq/pk far above the others),..

In otherwords - they left because they couldn't git gud, hence the point of this entire thread.

As for connectivity, it seems like it's been addressed at this point

Knight_Gregor
03-27-2017, 11:24 PM
Quick! Somebody make a thread called: "For Honor losing player-base percentage quicker than any other fighting game of all times according to Steam Charts." and post the EXACT same data. We need to keep this cluster-fu#%k going!

Specialkha
03-27-2017, 11:47 PM
In otherwords - they left because they couldn't git gud, hence the point of this entire thread.

As for connectivity, it seems like it's been addressed at this point

There are still some connectivity issues as I get dc from time to time. And I see that asking for balance between hero is too much to ask from you.

MassiveD.
03-27-2017, 11:52 PM
Quick! Somebody make a thread called: "For Honor losing player-base percentage quicker than any other fighting game of all times according to Steam Charts." and post the EXACT same data. We need to keep this cluster-fu#%k going!

Actually according to the data, if you looked at it, all other games lost their player base by a more significant percentage , actually FH has better retention rate then the others combined...

Look at Xenoverse, which is not that old of a game, came out like what, November 2016? Player base down to 5% of the peak, meanwhile FH is still 20% of the peak.

Lol, man no one reads the data, just wants to put their opinion forward no matter how uneducated it is , sadness.

MassiveD.
03-27-2017, 11:53 PM
There are still some connectivity issues as I get dc from time to time. And I see that asking for balance between hero is too much to ask from you.

Mate, I'm all up for balancing, I just said balancing doesnt happen in a month. Doesnt even happen in a year, not in 10 years in fact, balancing is something that is done constanty.

The only time when there is no more need for balancing is when the game is dead

Knight_Gregor
03-27-2017, 11:59 PM
Actually according to the data, if you looked at it, all other games lost their player base by a more significant percentage , actually FH has better retention rate then the others combined...

Look at Xenoverse, which is not that old of a game, came out like what, November 2016? Player base down to 5% of the peak, meanwhile FH is still 20% of the peak.

Lol, man no one reads the data, just wants to put their opinion forward no matter how uneducated it is , sadness.

Really?

231 playing currently
430 24-hour peak
1,706 all-time peak
Lost 75% in 114 days since release

Street Fighter V
1,569 playing currently
1,678 24-hour peak
13,807 all-time peak
Lost 88% in 405 days since release

DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2
1,188 playing currently
1,367 24-hour peak
13,570 all-time peak
Lost 90% in 151 days since release

Mortal Kombat X
962 playing currently
1,187 24-hour peak
13,649 all-time peak
Lost 92% in 713 days since release

1,175 playing currently
1,487 24-hour peak
23,094 all-time peak
Lost 94% in 1623 days since release

For Honor
8,397 playing currently
8,822 24-hour peak
45,923 all-time peak
Lost 81% in 41 days since release

I mean I get what you're trying to say but... you're not really making a good case for the game's future.

Myself. Personally. Don't think I have dc'd but maybe once since release. Ragequit, maybe. Seen plenty others get disconnected.

Bob__Gnarly
03-28-2017, 12:04 AM
Jesus guys, why are you feeding this troll?

Any normal person can see that For Honor failed to meet expectations. Yes the concept and graphics were promising, but the myriad or connection, matchmaking, balancing, glitches & bugs, poor/slow support and just straight up lack of polish crashed the hype train and Ubi know full well they screwed up. This is The Division all over again, over-hyped, but failed to produce quality.

Steam is probably the last place you'd want to go to check how the game is doing. As the OP kindly pointed out, Steam's all time 24 hour numbers peeked at 45,923, at the time of making this thread the 24 hour peak was 8,822. That's a staggering loss of over 80%... Is that really a fact that you want constantly bumped to the top of this forum? LOL

Looking at the top sellers list, For Honor (a AAA title) has now dropped to position 44, this is just a month and a half after release. That's odd for such a big and well marketed game right? Well not when you look at the reviews. As of now For Honor was reviewed positively by 8,160 and negatively by 8,318 customers. So more than half of the Steam players that tried the game and bothered to review it, rated it negatively. In fact out of the top 10 most helpful reviews in the past 30 days, 9 of them were negative... Believe me, it doesn't fair much better anywhere else on the net either.

This thread is just a vain attempt from the forums top white knight to defend the game he loves despite all it's problems. We get it dude, you like the game regardless of all it's flaws.

Knight_Gregor
03-28-2017, 12:09 AM
This thread is now about the correct spelling of the word "Vain." On a side note - Hey, Gnarly, wanna come stomp me with your warden again? Or was it berzerker?

MassiveD.
03-28-2017, 12:26 AM
Jesus guys, why are you feeding this troll?

Any normal person can see that For Honor failed to meet expectations. Yes the concept and graphics were promising, but the myriad or connection, matchmaking, balancing, glitches & bugs, poor/slow support and just straight up lack of polish crashed the hype train and Ubi know full well they screwed up. This is The Division all over again, over-hyped, but failed to produce quality.

Steam is probably the last place you'd want to go to check how the game is doing. As the OP kindly pointed out, Steam's all time 24 hour numbers peeked at 45,923, at the time of making this thread the 24 hour peak was 8,822. That's a staggering loss of over 80%... Is that really a fact that you want constantly bumped to the top of this forum? LOL

Looking at the top sellers list, For Honor (a AAA title) has now dropped to position 44, this is just a month and a half after release. That's odd for such a big and well marketed game right? Well not when you look at the reviews. As of now For Honor was reviewed positively by 8,160 and negatively by 8,318 customers. So more than half of the Steam players that tried the game and bothered to review it, rated it negatively. In fact out of the top 10 most helpful reviews in the past 30 days, 9 of them were negative... Believe me, it doesn't fair much better anywhere else on the net either.

This thread is just a vein attempt from the forums top white knight to defend the game he loves despite all it's problems. We get it dude, you like the game regardless of all it's flaws.

The main point of this thread , is that those 8,318 negative reviews, when you rub away the bullsh1t which kids made-up to make themselves feel better are all basically "I couldn't get good therefore the game is bad , waaah, WAAAH, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH"

This has already been debunked countless times, what remains is that if For Honor was easy, then milions of players would be playing it, but since everyone gets their asses torn assunder, they rage quit, happened to my friend the other day, he rage quited while playing against bots lol

Has anyone read these negative reviews on steam?

The very first one :

http://oi68.tinypic.com/2heeik9.jpg

Guy proceeds to say how good the game is, but he still gives a negative review because he lost his internet, LOL, a problem that Ubisoft has no control of, it's like saying my computer cought on fire playing For Honor, therefore negative review, chocke on this Ubisoft.

Like wut dude, lol wut.

Keep reading, just as predicted, the majority of the comments proceed to explain how bad these people are at the game with "connectivity issues" thrown into the mix for good measure, it's almost like watching regresive leftists make sh1t up on Twitter, becauses everyone is sexists, mysoginist, homophobic, nazi, white-male supremacist, <keep inserting buzzwords> amirite you guise

Not to mention that all of these reviews are ancient , back from February

Bob__Gnarly
03-28-2017, 12:33 AM
This thread is now about the correct spelling of the word "Vain." On a side note - Hey, Gnarly, wanna come stomp me with your warden again? Or was it berzerker?

Haha spelling corrected.

My lvl 3 Warden? Was more likely my Warlord I used to main :)

The main point of this thread , is that those 8,318 negative reviews, when you rub away the bullsh1t which kids made-up to make themselves feel better are all basically "I couldn't get good therefore the game is bad , waaah, WAAAH, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH"

This has already been debunked countless times, what remains is that if For Honor was easy, then milions of players would be playing it, but since everyone gets their asses torn assunder, they rage quit, happened to my friend the other day, he rage quited while playing against bots lol

While getting bent over may be a reason for some, if you actually read the reviews, you'll see connectivity is the top and overwhelming factor.

MassiveD.
03-28-2017, 12:36 AM
Haha spelling corrected.

My lvl 3 Warden? Was more likely my Warlord I used to main :)

While getting bent over may be a reason for some, if you actually read the reviews, you'll see connectivity is the top and overwhelming factor.

Check out my edited message, not only did I read them, I screenshoted them :D

Bob__Gnarly
03-28-2017, 12:42 AM
Guy proceeds to say how good the game is, but he still gives a negative review because he lost his internet, LOL, a problem that Ubisoft has no control of, it's like saying my computer cought on fire playing For Honor, therefore negative review, chocke on this Ubisoft.

Like wut dude, lol wut.

Keep reading, just as predicted, the majority of the comments proceed to explain how bad these people are at the game with "connectivity issues" thrown into the mix for good measure, it's almost like watching regresive leftists make sh1t up on Twitter, becauses everyone is sexists, mysoginist, homophobic, nazi, white-male supremacist, <keep inserting buzzwords>

Ubisoft created the problem with this P2P system they made. Of course it's their fault, they've even admitted so and have been trying to patch it ever since release which actually made it worse for a lot of people.

I have one of the best connections you can get in my country with my NAT always green and played the game fine during the open beta. Yet its gotten progressively worse with every patch Ubi releases trying to improve connectivity. It's also well known that the game suffers from re-sync issues every time a player rage quits or drops out, which has also been pointed out by Ubi and is a known problem they're working to fix. How you still believe this is all the players fault, I have no idea.

I could sit here for a hour trying to find a game of 4v4 and not find one. Yet I can play any other multiplayer game perfectly fine. Straight in, away I go. That's the situation we're in.

Tyler-Durdin
03-28-2017, 12:44 AM
I would like to see some one debunk the matchmaking error 00020001512 that prevents you from playing any mode of PVP or Co-Op gameplay being the major factor the game has failed so hard.
I actually tried to find a game in high activity with open NAT and got this particular error 10 times in 1 hr in a row.

MassiveD.
03-28-2017, 12:50 AM
Ubisoft created the problem with this P2P system they made. Of course it's their fault, they've even admitted so and have been trying to patch it ever since release which actually made it worse for a lot of people.

I have one of the best connections you can get in my country with my NAT always green and played the game fine during the open beta. Yet its gotten progressively worse with every patch Ubi releases trying to improve connectivity. It's also well known that the game suffers from re-sync issues every time a player rage quits or drops out, which has also been pointed out by Ubi and is a known problem they're working to fix. How you still believe this is all the players fault, I have no idea.

I played in both betas, and continued playing from day 1 of the release till now, first 2 weeks there were some connectivity issues, however now there are none, so why cry wolf any longer?

I have 350mb internet and I have not experienced a single connectivity issue for over a month now, so excuse me if I will chose to remain skeptical over your claims.

Why is there recent evidence of connectivity issues?

Why is this thread now 20 pages long without anyone providing any video evidence of connectivity issues from lets say today? Or yesterday?

IF THEY ARE SO INCREDIBLY COMMON MY DUDE?

Probably because there are no longer any?

Complaining that Ubisoft made a game with P2P, is like complaining that carmakers make cars with petrol engines instead of diesel, lol.

Every single game in Call of Duty series uses P2P, every single online fighting game in history used P2P, my favorite game in the world - Elite Dangerous USES P2P even tho it is a mega massive online multiplayer game (biggest ever to be created with 300 BILION, >>>BILION <<< visitable star systems, human brain is not even designed to accuratly comprehend that number, it is litteraly our MilkyWay galaxy recreated in a game using NASA maps, running perfectly fine on P2P)

P2P worked fine for milions upon milions of people, yet it simply is the root of all evil in this little niche game because hwiny children makde it their buzzword to use when they cannot come up with proper arguments

MassiveD.
03-28-2017, 12:52 AM
I would like to see some one debunk the matchmaking error 00020001512 that prevents you from playing any mode of PVP or Co-Op gameplay being the major factor the game has failed so hard.
I actually tried to find a game in high activity with open NAT and got this particular error 10 times in 1 hr in a row.

And let me guess, you won't be able to provide any evidence?

It's funny because I played half a day today, and haven't seen anything like you just described.

But you know what did happened to me today, a tri-ceratops busted through my wall and pissed on my computer , making it burst into flames, so I gave For Honor a negative review , because f*ck Ubisoft. F*CK EM, I mean seriously, how DARE they.

Also spread my story as gospel, no evidence tho, just take my word for it

Tyler-Durdin
03-28-2017, 12:56 AM
Isnt not being able to connect to a game "connectivity issues"?
matchmaking error 0002001512 exists and its a FACT even ubisoft knows about it but they stand behind the "It must be an issue on the players end" line of thought even when players have green open NAT.

MassiveD.
03-28-2017, 12:58 AM
Isnt not being able to connect to a game "connectivity issues"?
matchmaking error 0002001512 exists and its a FACT even ubisoft knows about it but they stand behind the "It must be an issue on the players end" line of thought even when players have green open NAT.

I'll believe it when I see it with my own two eyes, screenshot or video will do just fine for that purpose

Bob__Gnarly
03-28-2017, 01:06 AM
I played in both betas, and continued playing from day 1 of the release till now, first 2 weeks there were some connectivity issues, however now there are none, so why cry wolf any longer?

I have 350mb internet and I have not experienced a single connectivity issue for over a month now, so excuse me if I will chose to remain skeptical over your claims.

Why is there recent evidence of connectivity issues?

Why is this thread now 20 pages long without anyone providing any video evidence of connectivity issues from lets say today? Or yesterday?

IF THEY ARE SO INCREDIBLY COMMON MY DUDE?

Probably because there are no longer any?

Complaining that Ubisoft made a game with P2P, is like complaining that carmakers make cars with petrol engines instead of diesel, lol.

Every single game in Call of Duty series uses P2P, every single online fighting game in history used P2P, my favorite game in the world - Elite Dangerous USES P2P even tho it is a mega massive online multiplayer game (biggest ever to be created with 300 BILION, >>>BILION <<< visitable star systems)

P2P worked fine for milions upon milions of people, yet it simply is the root of all evil in this little niche game because hwiny children makde it their buzzword to use when they cannot come up with proper arguments

You want evidence? Look around... Check the support thread, look at all the reviews, heck just Google it... You'll be swimming in all the evidence you need. Ubisoft even acknowledged in multiple posts that there is problem and they're working to fix it over future patches, so I'm not sure why you can't see what we and even Ubisoft can see. But I guess if you don't suffer any problems, then none exist.

I stopped playing because it's obviously a serious issue that will take many months to resolve, if they resolve it at all. I'm not wasting anymore time staring at searching for player screens or error messages. The game is fun, but not fun enough for me to waste my free time just trying to complete a match or two.

I'm glad you're in the minority of people that don't suffer from any connectivity issues whatsoever (find that extremely hard to believe), but you're in the minority and I assume you only play duels and brawls where the problem isn't as bad. Or you're simply trolling.

MassiveD.
03-28-2017, 01:12 AM
You want evidence? Look around... Check the support thread, look at all the reviews, heck just Google it... You'll be swimming in all the evidence you need. Ubisoft even acknowledged in multiple posts that there is problem and they're working to fix it over future patches, so I'm not sure why you can't see what we and even Ubisoft can see. But I guess if you don't suffer any problems, then none exist.

I stopped playing because it's obviously a serious issue that will take many months to resolve, if they resolve it at all. I'm not wasting anymore time staring at searching for player screens or error messages. The game is fun, but not fun enough for me to waste my free time just trying to complete a match or two.

I'm glad you're in the minority of people that don't suffer from any connectivity issues whatsoever (find that extremely hard to believe), but you're in the minority and I assume you only play duels and brawls where the problem isn't as bad. Or you're simply trolling.

You want real evidence mate ?

Here's your evidene

A person we cought lying just now trying to get a refund because poor him, having "connectivity and disconect" issues! LMFAO, freshly caught and delivered, here's your connection issues, my dudes, in a nutshell

http://oi67.tinypic.com/2iqd0u8.jpg

Tyler-Durdin
03-28-2017, 01:13 AM
[http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww186/Toecutter01/For%20Honor2017-3-28-10-57-38.jpg (http://s718.photobucket.com/user/Toecutter01/media/For%20Honor2017-3-28-10-57-38.jpg.html)

Tyler-Durdin
03-28-2017, 01:15 AM
http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww186/Toecutter01/For%20Honor2017-3-28-10-58-17.jpg (http://s718.photobucket.com/user/Toecutter01/media/For%20Honor2017-3-28-10-58-17.jpg.html)

MassiveD.
03-28-2017, 01:16 AM
[http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww186/Toecutter01/For%20Honor2017-3-28-10-57-38.jpg (http://s718.photobucket.com/user/Toecutter01/media/For%20Honor2017-3-28-10-57-38.jpg.html)

What am I looking at? Hit space to play? o.O

Tyler-Durdin
03-28-2017, 01:16 AM
http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww186/Toecutter01/For%20Honor2017-3-28-11-1-46.jpg (http://s718.photobucket.com/user/Toecutter01/media/For%20Honor2017-3-28-11-1-46.jpg.html)

Tyler-Durdin
03-28-2017, 01:18 AM
If you had of been a little patient I was uploading the process just so you know I'm not tryin to lie about my issue
and so you will take note of my green NAT and High activity in the shots
I guess you will tell me its photoshopped next since your of a mind to not believe any one can possible have an issue with such a perfectly made AAA title.

MassiveD.
03-28-2017, 01:27 AM
http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww186/Toecutter01/For%20Honor2017-3-28-11-1-46.jpg (http://s718.photobucket.com/user/Toecutter01/media/For%20Honor2017-3-28-11-1-46.jpg.html)

http://oi64.tinypic.com/o77vwx.jpg

Jokes aside, meh, could be legit I guess?

Can you post what Ubisoft staff gave as a reply in your support ticket?

Tyler-Durdin
03-28-2017, 01:32 AM
that I cannot do but I can give you the reply from UbiNoty posted to another who has the exact same issue from another thread

Hi Mynban, I'll try to answer your question as best as I can. While there's no one reason for why you might receive the 'Matchmaking Failed Error', you'll likely most often see it when the matchmaking system is unable to find a successful NAT type combination that will allow you to proceed into a match.
We recently released a detailed post about successful vs unsuccessful matchmaking types - you can read it here.

The result of having a Strict NAT is a longer matchmaking time between players. This is because our matchmaking will have to match you only with players who have an Open NAT (for instance in 4vs4 the matchmaking system will have to find seven Open NAT players to make you play with).
However, a moderate NAT will also influence the success rate of matchmaking (though it's impact is much less than a strict NAT). It's why we stress the importance of Open NATs - because it leads to improved matchmaking, better match stability and greater overall connectivity health for everyone in the game.

Hope that answers a few of your questions at least. Let me know if you want clarification on anything else!

MassiveD.
03-28-2017, 01:33 AM
that I cannot do but I can give you the reply from UbiNoty posted to another who has the exact same issue from another thread

Hi Mynban, I'll try to answer your question as best as I can. While there's no one reason for why you might receive the 'Matchmaking Failed Error', you'll likely most often see it when the matchmaking system is unable to find a successful NAT type combination that will allow you to proceed into a match.
We recently released a detailed post about successful vs unsuccessful matchmaking types - you can read it here.

The result of having a Strict NAT is a longer matchmaking time between players. This is because our matchmaking will have to match you only with players who have an Open NAT (for instance in 4vs4 the matchmaking system will have to find seven Open NAT players to make you play with).
However, a moderate NAT will also influence the success rate of matchmaking (though it's impact is much less than a strict NAT). It's why we stress the importance of Open NATs - because it leads to improved matchmaking, better match stability and greater overall connectivity health for everyone in the game.

Hope that answers a few of your questions at least. Let me know if you want clarification on anything else!

So let me get this straight - you have an error in your game that you can replicate on a whim, which prevents you from playing the game at all, yet you have not submited any tickets to technical support?

Now I am 100% convinced your story is totally legit :rolleyes:

https://m.popkey.co/e99b9c/9wY8D_f-thumbnail-100-0_s-600x0.jpg

Tyler-Durdin
03-28-2017, 01:42 AM
Call it what you like mate ive no faith in support ticketing system in any game and the fact that its not just 1-2 people who have this problem and its a known one leads me to there is no point.
Now I don't want my money back or anything like that and I can play solo Vs Ai which I tend to do since most players in PVP are salty asf and arrogant asf and generally obnoxious to the point fun is drained out of the game I was simply pointing out there is an issue that Ubisoft has clear knowledge of.
What I believe is the problem is it could simply be lack of players in my region since many have left and many more are likely to follow suit leaving a pretty good multiplayer game a very expensive single player Vs bots game.

MassiveD.
03-28-2017, 01:50 AM
Call it what you like mate ive no faith in support ticketing system in any game and the fact that its not just 1-2 people who have this problem and its a known one leads me to there is no point.
Now I don't want my money back or anything like that and I can play solo Vs Ai which I tend to do since most players in PVP are salty asf and arrogant asf and generally obnoxious to the point fun is drained out of the game I was simply pointing out there is an issue that Ubisoft has clear knowledge of.
What I believe is the problem is it could simply be lack of players in my region since many have left and many more are likely to follow suit leaving a pretty good multiplayer game a very expensive single player Vs bots game.

Which region are you in?

MassiveD.
03-28-2017, 12:13 PM
Bump

MassiveD.
03-29-2017, 06:15 PM
ANOTEHR SCAMMER CAUGHT

http://oi64.tinypic.com/5cbvq9.jpg

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
03-29-2017, 07:02 PM

You're saying that it's the best fighting game off all time, while that has a potential to be true, it isn't true now. you nullify your own argument.

MassiveD.
03-30-2017, 12:17 PM
You're saying that it's the best fighting game off all time, while that has a potential to be true, it isn't true now. you nullify your own argument.

According to SteamCharts it is :p teehee

falchchr
03-30-2017, 12:36 PM
For Honor can't be the best fighting game of all time....

You are leaving out an entire franchise called Tekken, Tekken 3(1997) sold 8,3 million copies in it's time and was the franchise's most succesful game, also this game (Tekken) was beaten by Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Anyway, it hasnt peaked over 10k players in almost a month, this game is soon 2 months old....its bad....very bad.

It took Ubisoft a whole year to fix Rainbow Six Siege....with Tekken 7 releasing in June, who knows what will become of this game

Alustar.
03-30-2017, 02:40 PM
Best thread on this forum! I've been trying to dispel the steam-tards rumor mill about this " broken" game.
It's good to see a fellow intellectual use facts and data to support an argument.
You, sir have won my internets!

Obdach01
03-30-2017, 02:45 PM

Yes. Two things actually. One: That between Dragon Ball and FH is only a few months and second, that you didn't notice one very impotant thing... all-time high
Notice something now?

Alustar.
03-30-2017, 02:51 PM
Yes. Two things actually. One: That between Dragon Ball and FH is only a few months and second, that you didn't notice one very impotant thing... all-time high
Notice something now?

I notice that I'm high all the time that I play for honor, does that count?

Sh1kuren
03-30-2017, 02:59 PM
The most ridiculous comparison I've ever seen, but maybe It's just sarcasm. :D

Obdach01
03-30-2017, 03:10 PM
I notice that I'm high all the time that I play for honor, does that count?

That, my friend, definitly counts ;)

Mjz.
03-30-2017, 03:58 PM
The game is in a broken, beta stage.
Embarrassing to fail this hard, after failing several other games aswell.

And the lack of communication, is just another egg in the basket.
" Most played on steam " means ****' all. Especially in the fighting games category.
Since majority of competitive players use a controller anyway, and usually buys fighting games on console.

Ubisoft = Great at hyping up their game, that's all. Then they fail to deliver, as per usual.

Sad, because i really really want them to make this game great.
But it feels like a The Division fiasko all over again.

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
03-30-2017, 05:52 PM
According to SteamCharts it is :p teehee

You even acknowledged it yourself, it has not sold as much as other fighting games. So how can it be the most successful fighting game when it hasn't sold as much, and lost a large portion of the player base?

MassiveD.
03-30-2017, 06:05 PM
You even acknowledged it yourself, it has not sold as much as other fighting games. So how can it be the most successful fighting game when it hasn't sold as much, and lost a large portion of the player base?

It only works if you read the title

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
03-30-2017, 06:17 PM

So, it only works if I accept misinformation?

RatedChaotic
03-30-2017, 06:27 PM
Lmao......Dang MassiveD..........I love you man!

MassiveD.
03-30-2017, 06:32 PM
So, it only works if I accept misinformation?

It only works if you read the title... correctly...

MassiveD.
03-30-2017, 06:35 PM
Lmao......Dang MassiveD..........I love you man!

lol :P

Alustar.
03-30-2017, 06:36 PM

Lol, good luck! Asking savage to apply logic and reading comprehension? Good luck, he can't argue anything outside his steambubble

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
03-30-2017, 06:37 PM
It only works if you read the title... correctly...

That still doesn't change the fact that this is misinformation at a glance, and that you are trying to defend your claim using an admittedly correct technicality in the English language.

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
03-30-2017, 06:50 PM
Lol, good luck! Asking savage to apply logic and reading comprehension? Good luck, he can't argue anything outside his steambubble

Congratulations, you are insulting someone, have a cookie.
I did acknowledge that technically the title was true. However, at a glance, a random person may see that as a statement claiming that For Honor is the absolute most played fighting game. People infer things such as this. And he didn't specifically say in his first statement, that the steam chart may be wrong, and it may be inaccurate. this is why you double check statements such as this so as to not be led astray by misinformation. He failed to use a reliable source, cross check his claim and be a reliable person. This is where I find fault.

MassiveD.
03-30-2017, 07:03 PM
That still doesn't change the fact that this is misinformation at a glance, and that you are trying to defend your claim using an admittedly correct technicality in the English language.

You still don't understand, its both grammaticaly and logicaly correct statement.

I'm sure you will be able to look past your ignorance, and eventually figure it out, I have faith in your inteligence

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
03-30-2017, 07:12 PM
You still don't understand, its both grammaticaly and logicaly correct statement.

I'm sure you will be able to look past your ignorance, and eventually figure it out, I have faith in your inteligence
I felt the need to use the response I made to alustar24, as it pertains to what you just said.

Congratulations, you are insulting someone, have a cookie.
I did acknowledge that technically the title was true. However, at a glance, a random person may see that as a statement claiming that For Honor is the absolute most played fighting game. People infer things such as this. And he didn't specifically say in his first statement, that the steam chart may be wrong, and it may be inaccurate. this is why you double check statements such as this so as to not be led astray by misinformation. He failed to use a reliable source, cross check his claim and be a reliable person. This is where I find fault.

MassiveD.
03-30-2017, 07:30 PM
I felt the need to use the response I made to alustar24, as it pertains to what you just said.

All the title says, that according to SteamCharts, Fh is the top played fighting game of all time, nothing less, nothing more :D

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
03-30-2017, 07:33 PM
Oh dear, the sheer ignorance has blinded you.... the title is a simple English sentance, just read it

Alright I finally understand, I took the b8 m8. First time in a while I have been elegantly trolled. GG

MassiveD.
03-30-2017, 08:50 PM
Alright I finally understand, I took the b8 m8. First time in a while I have been elegantly trolled. GG

I didn't mean to :D it was just a title, people got hung up on it, I just wanted to talk about how the game is doing fine and how it was expected to see some decline in player base.

Funny enough, if they really dumbed the game down so any average joe would be able to get good at it, more players would stick around for longer.

But it also would be like taking McClaren P1, which is a viscious work of art that would kill an unexperienced driver, and ripping out it's V8, and putting a 1.6 litter diesel from a hatchback, to make it more safer, for the normies.

That would be so pointless, and down-right criminal, because it would neuter it's soul, it's savagery, the very thing that makes it so spectacular.

You know how first Demon Souls and Dark Souls games just unapologetically shat on the player over and over and laughed while doing it? Thats what really made those games , the beauty of a hardcore, unadulterated, unnutered challenge. For Honor still has that. I'd rather 40 k people played it.as is, than 40 milion if it was made into a baby game.

I'm a gamer, a hardcore gamer dammit, I want games with real challenge, theres plenty of baby games out there, leave FH alone Q.Q

https://youtu.be/W1ZtBCpo0eU

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
03-30-2017, 09:14 PM
I didn't mean to :D it was just a title, people got hung up on it, I just wanted to talk about how the game is doing fine and how it was expected to see some decline in player base.

Funny enough, if they really dumbed the game down so any average joe would be able to get good at it, more players would stick around for longer.

But it also would be like taking McClaren P1, which is a viscious work of art that would kill an unexperienced driver, and ripping out it's V8, and putting a 1.6 litter diesel from a hatchback, to make it more safer, for the normies.

That would be so pointless, and down-right criminal, because it would neuter it's soul, it's savagery, the very thing that makes it so spectacular.

You know how first Demon Souls and Dark Souls games just unapologetically shat on the player over and over and laughed while doing it? Thats what really made those games , the beauty of a hardcore, unadulterated, unnutered challenge. For Honor still has that. I'd rather 40 k people played it.as is, than 40 milion if it was made into a baby game.

I'm a gamer, a hardcore gamer dammit, I want games with real challenge, theres plenty of baby games out there, leave FH alone Q.Q

https://youtu.be/W1ZtBCpo0eU

I agree with you on this, the game has a new flavor to it when compared to other mainstream games, and as such, will rub a few people the wrong way. They will leave, and that's fine. This game will probably turn into a niche fighting game with a dedicated, albeit small playerbase. This will be a hard game, but it will have a very skilled following. This is the way it should be a year or two down the road.
With the Dark Souls example, I'm pretty sure this game will have a similar community, proud, skilled, and somewhat toxic to a extent. But this game does have some of the same problems as the Souls series, a problem of balance at both high tier and low tier play. It will be impossible to balance for both, so Ubisoft needs to decide who they will cater to down the line. It will probably need to cater the high tier play, but only the suits at Ubi will decide, and not the gamers, nor even the devs.