PDA

View Full Version : For Honor reaches record low player count, soon to be dead on PC platform.

mammakamelen
03-26-2017, 03:44 PM
You can argue all you want, here are the figures:

Average playercount on weekends: 3455 players (uplay and steam, uplay being based on steams bought/playing rate)

Loss in players: down from about 85 000 players max to about 10000 players max on weekends now.

Player reviews (bought the game): 53% is not recommending this game, mainly due to the problems (not the game itself which is awesome)

Everyone should be on the same page about this, we should not attack one another, the numbers are there.

"Well i guess i have to uninstall then"

No, but you should see the problems and adress them. You have less and less players to play with, and soon it will be unplayable for you too. The players reporting problems are living in the regions that are difficult for the P2P system.

Let me explain;

The P2P system is good as long as:

1. The client player does not leave
2. The client player lives close to you
3. There are multiple clients in your area

If you can mark those three as "true" you will have no issues. As the game continues to lose players at an alarming rate, the three problems will accur more and more often and the problem will increase exponentially.

I also see alot of players stating that Siege also has a P2P solution, and had the same kind of problems. That is not true, i have played Siege since the beta.

Siege has dedicated servers and has had them since alpha. SIege also has more players playing now then launch. See the difference. They actually gained players, and i would credit that to ubisoft actually, for listening and patching. Eventually they got it right, and they were fairly quick to adress balancing issues. Not perfect, but fairly good.

If you love the game, like i do, you should avoid thrashing the players reporting their problems. Their problems are true, and the facts is there. Your statement is false, cause why is there 53% of pc players saying they cant play the game? Why is it losing players like no other aaa title since No Mans Sky?

Xynrex
03-26-2017, 03:50 PM
I predict ubisoft will tell you: Nothing is wrong right now. Player count is stable and they removed the in-game player count because of a bugg.:p

CandleInTheDark
03-26-2017, 03:52 PM
This is a very reasoned thread with decent points(which I wasn't expecting from the we are doomed in the title), if most threads were like this (and there were a few less of them) I don't think players would have as much of an issue as they do. The problem is most threads go like this.

OMG YOU SUCK **** I HAVE BEEN SAYING THIS (insert gripe here) IS BROKEN FOR TWO DAYS AND IT HASN'T BEEN FIXED YET. I ****ING QUIT AND WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!!!111!!

That doesn't get anyone anywhere and it just causes the players who are waiting for ubisoft to get stuff together to either ignore yet another rant or reply and possibly get a little saltier than they would have. Not that I am saying this thread is a problem or you are, just that I can understand the other side of it.

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 03:59 PM
As I already replied to your comment in the other thread:

The player base is decreasing not because of problems, it's decreasing because people are gettign absolutely destroyed in this vicious, brutal, and unforgiving game.

This was the most predictable thing in history.

No matter how many problems there would be, if the game was enjoyable for you - you would still play it no matter how many problems it had, and just wait for fixes.

As I said before, Star Craft came out in year 1855 or whatever, and to this very day it is being patched and balanced monthly, FH has been out for month and a half, and if you expect it to be perfect straight away, you are simply ridiculous, there is no better word for it.

On the other hand, if you are not a battle hardened fighter game ace, you will have a very bad time in the first week online in For Honor, as you will get absolutely destroyed and streamrolled by more experienced players, and most likely quit on day one, because there are not that many players out there who can die 100 times over and over without getting salty

Honestly, it would be a smart idea to not even let people play PVP untill they complete a 1000 games VS bots, they would git gut more in the process and be ready for PVP.

This is the major, if not the only reason why player base is declining.

I do not understand why was that not enough and you had to start a whole new thread just to copy paste your comment

Xynrex
03-26-2017, 04:00 PM
Btw. I am not playing this game because I cant stand the ****ing dcs anymore.

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 04:03 PM
Btw. I am not playing this game because I cant stand the ****ing dcs anymore.

And we miss you dearly every single day... :( please come back ?

Jarl.Felix
03-26-2017, 04:03 PM
I predict ubisoft will tell you: Nothing is wrong right now. Player count is stable and they removed the in-game player count because of a bugg.:p

But they already said that :))

mammakamelen
03-26-2017, 04:04 PM
This is a very reasoned thread with decent points(which I wasn't expecting from the we are doomed in the title), if most threads were like this (and there were a few less of them) I don't think players would have as much of an issue as they do. The problem is most threads go like this.

OMG YOU SUCK **** I HAVE BEEN SAYING THIS (insert gripe here) IS BROKEN FOR TWO DAYS AND IT HASN'T BEEN FIXED YET. I ****ING QUIT AND WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!!!111!!

That doesn't get anyone anywhere and it just causes the players who are waiting for ubisoft to get stuff together to either ignore yet another rant or reply and possibly get a little saltier than they would have. Not that I am saying this thread is a problem or you are, just that I can understand the other side of it.

There!

You said it perfectly CandleInTheDark. Why are there so many angry players? Every thread is like this! **** those haters (is the usual reply, not yours mate)

The overrepresentation of negative threads in here are a direct consequence of the horrible connection. And that is my point. The very reason the forum is constantly fighting is the horrible connection.

If they went for a more expensive and longer living system with server bases (like siege has), this would not be the most discussed thing here. So whatever way you would discuss this, the players complaining are right. They have bought something that does not work, and the threads vary between the **** THIS ****ING GAME UBISFOT ****S, to the more intelligent approach.

The thing im trying to say is, why do we fight? We are on the same team. Ubisoft is the part which did a mistake, not the players. And the players are paying for it, and the rate of players paying for it is going up.

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 04:12 PM
There!

You said it perfectly CandleInTheDark. Why are there so many angry players? Every thread is like this! **** those haters (is the usual reply, not yours mate)

The overrepresentation of negative threads in here are a direct consequence of the horrible connection. And that is my point. The very reason the forum is constantly fighting is the horrible connection.

If they went for a more expensive and longer living system with server bases (like siege has), this would not be the most discussed thing here. So whatever way you would discuss this, the players complaining are right. They have bought something that does not work, and the threads vary between the **** THIS ****ING GAME UBISFOT ****S, to the more intelligent approach.

The thing im trying to say is, why do we fight? We are on the same team. Ubisoft is the part which did a mistake, not the players. And the players are paying for it, and the rate of players paying for it is going up.

#UbisoftDidNothingWrong

#StopTheWhinyBabyCircleJ'erk

#GameWorksFineUpgradeYourBroadband&GitGutt

mammakamelen
03-26-2017, 04:27 PM
#UbisoftDidNothingWrong

What you are saying is what i just discussed to be a problem. You are actually agreeing with me.

You stated the reason for all the players leaving is that its too hard.

Do you have data on this? Too big difference on K/D from top players to bottom? Not the case sir.

Other games considered as hard, just as a comparison for your false statement'? Sure!

Rust is considered to be a hard game to master. Not loosing players like FH.
Siege is considered a hard game to master, not loosing players like FH. Actually gaining them.
Dark Souls III is considered hard, althought not a MP game, still not loosing players like FH.
Dirt Rally, hard game to master, not loosing players like FH.
War THunder, free game, hard to master. Although its years old, still more popular than FH.

I guess you just lost an argument. Better call me something hurtful again, since that is your only way to "win" this.

It's not loosing games that's flooding the forums, it's the connection. I would reckon the chance of winning a game in FH actually is higher, considering that the game has such a low playercount and has not been around for long.

Edit: I did not see the last hashtag. I have a 100/100 fiberoptic line. I play ALOT of onlinegames, none of which has connectivity issues. My pc can coordinate a Nasa program :)

CitizenPuddi
03-26-2017, 04:34 PM
What you are saying is what i just discussed to be a problem. You are actually agreeing with me.

Do you have data on this? Too big difference on K/D from top players to bottom? Not the case sir.

Other games considered as hard, just as a comparison for your false statement'? Sure!

Siege is considered a hard game to master, not loosing players like FH. Actually gaining them.
Dark Souls III is considered hard, althought not a MP game, still not loosing players like FH.
War THunder, free game, hard to master. Although its years old, still more popular than FH.

I guess you just lost an argument. Better call me something hurtful again, since that is your only way to "win" this.

It's not loosing games that's flooding the forums, it's the connection. I would reckon the chance of winning a game in FH actually is higher, considering that the game has such a low playercount and has not been around for long.

For Honor is structured more like a fighting game than any other genre.

Perhaps compare apples to apples and take a gander at metrics for other fighting games on PC?

cha_cha_cha-2.0
03-26-2017, 04:36 PM
Man you're right, from top to bottom. Don't even try to argue with denial ppl. But, in spite of this, I'm hoping it gets better: connectivity issues, balanced heroes, revenge mode, stupid feats, matchmaking, everything. They still can make it right.

RatedChaotic
03-26-2017, 04:37 PM

The player base is decreasing not because of problems, it's decreasing because people are gettign absolutely destroyed in this vicious, brutal, and unforgiving game.

This was the most predictable thing in history.

No matter how many problems there would be, if the game was enjoyable for you - you would still play it no matter how many problems it had, and just wait for fixes.

As I said before, Star Craft came out in year 1855 or whatever, and to this very day it is being patched and balanced monthly, FH has been out for month and a half, and if you expect it to be perfect straight away, you are simply ridiculous, there is no better word for it.

On the other hand, if you are not a battle hardened fighter game ace, you will have a very bad time in the first week online in For Honor, as you will get absolutely destroyed and streamrolled by more experienced players, and most likely quit on day one, because there are not that many players out there who can die 100 times over and over without getting salty

Honestly, it would be a smart idea to not even let people play PVP untill they complete a 1000 games VS bots, they would git gut more in the process and be ready for PVP.

This is the major, if not the only reason why player base is declining.

I do not understand why was that not enough and you had to start a whole new thread just to copy paste your comment

I find it very interesting that many articles say otherwise. But you are the only one I seen that states the playerbase is dropping because the bad players are quiting the game because of the good players. I bet some left because they were getting destroyed but to say they all did ...... is just plain stupidity on your part.

Get a better broadband? Dumbest argument ever. If theres requirements on the box it should be playable with those requirements. If I need your perfect connection to play this game.....Then the box should say.....Requires MassiveD's awesome internet connection to play.

Tho with my mediocre internet I run the game fine without issues. I also know there are players experiencing more issues than me.

LordEythir
03-26-2017, 04:39 PM

Says CandleInTheDark the FANBOY who goes around to other people threads saying there complaints are invalid......THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT THIS POST IS DISCOURAGING!!!
whether you want to see it or not, things are broken and you crusading to defend the title is not helping anyone.

Oh and still waiting for your tag to 1v1, really need to do some skulldragggging.

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 04:41 PM

No actually I do not agree with you.

And for your given game examples, I love how non of them come even remotely close to being of any relevance nor directly comparable to FH.

If you want to compare other games to FH, how about Street Fighter? How about Mortal Kombat? How about Star Craft 2?

All of these games are not main-stream games that are NOT being played by milions of players, infact they are niche and have tiny dedicated player basis, simply because the games are way too hard for your avarage player, and FH slips directly between Street Fighter and SC2.

Alot of casuals stay away from these games because they are too afraid of being shreked by 400 APM Koreans, and FH fits all of the above criteria.

The only way to really attract the normies, is to give them more advanced PVE scene (like dungeon raiding, and fighting bosses), which is not out of the question, might even be fun if implemented well.

Other than that , forget about it, no matter how much you balance the game, if you are not that good of it and can't hold your own, 400 APM Koreans will trash your will to live and make you rage quit eventualy.

And that is exactly what happeend to the population my dude, in the beta the player scene was not that diverse, so you did not meet super pros that often, everybody was good, and got their hopes up thinking that they will continue to be good, a fantasy that got immediately smashed when Street Fighter and Dark Souls multiplayer scene switched over to FH shreking normies left and right, sending them into the furious rage on the forums trying to blame lag, and overpowered characters, and everything else but not them, because that would be unthinkable.

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 04:43 PM
I bet some left because they were getting destroyed but to say they all did ...... is just plain stupidity on your part.

It correlates with history of other hard games out there, therefore its a more sophisticated theory than everyone left because Warden was too OP

CitizenPuddi
03-26-2017, 04:54 PM
Yeh, looking at the metrics for other top-selling fighting games on Steam.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
231 playing currently
430 24-hour peak
1,706 all-time peak

Street Fighter V
1,569 playing currently
1,678 24-hour peak
13,807 all-time peak

DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2
1,188 playing currently
1,367 24-hour peak
13,570 all-time peak

Mortal Kombat X
962 playing currently
1,187 24-hour peak
13,649 all-time peak

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
1,175 playing currently
1,487 24-hour peak
23,094 all-time peak

For Honor
8,397 playing currently
8,822 24-hour peak
45,923 all-time peak

solho
03-26-2017, 04:57 PM
This post did not to generate fights among the community, unfortunately the game is dying because of ubisoft. And although those people who say "but if you do not like do not play", it is not so.
They have to understand that if we now have problems of pairing and a mm with great delays, imagine when the average for weekends is 500 to 1000 people, double delays and twice mismatch.
The game is a wonder but ubisoft is a mediocre company, and if we as a community fight for the simple fact that some do not want to see reality and are a fan, the only thing that we provoke is that this mediocre company ignores us more.
I really do not want this game to die, but I think it's too late.

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 05:01 PM
Yeh, looking at the metrics for other top-selling fighting games on Steam.

231 playing currently
430 24-hour peak
1,706 all-time peak

Street Fighter V
1,569 playing currently
1,678 24-hour peak
13,807 all-time peak

DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2
1,188 playing currently
1,367 24-hour peak
13,570 all-time peak

Mortal Kombat X
962 playing currently
1,187 24-hour peak
13,649 all-time peak

1,175 playing currently
1,487 24-hour peak
23,094 all-time peak

For Honor
8,397 playing currently
8,822 24-hour peak
45,923 all-time peak

LOL, wow, I actually never looked at these, yet somehow managed to predict exactly this.

As if some mysterious ... common sense like... force was guiding me.

Thank you for this post Sir, it perfectly wraps up the cries and moans

CitizenPuddi
03-26-2017, 05:03 PM
unfortunately the game is dying

how are you coming to this conclusion?

solho
03-26-2017, 05:06 PM
how are you coming to this conclusion?

http://steamcharts.com/app/304390#All

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 05:08 PM
http://steamcharts.com/app/304390#All

More Steamcharts:

231 playing currently
430 24-hour peak
1,706 all-time peak

Street Fighter V
1,569 playing currently
1,678 24-hour peak
13,807 all-time peak

DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2
1,188 playing currently
1,367 24-hour peak
13,570 all-time peak

Mortal Kombat X
962 playing currently
1,187 24-hour peak
13,649 all-time peak

1,175 playing currently
1,487 24-hour peak
23,094 all-time peak

For Honor
8,397 playing currently
8,822 24-hour peak
45,923 all-time peak

Looks like FH is killing it in it's own category as the most popular fighting game of all time according to steamcharts my dude?

solho
03-26-2017, 05:11 PM
More Steamcharts:

231 playing currently
430 24-hour peak
1,706 all-time peak

Street Fighter V
1,569 playing currently
1,678 24-hour peak
13,807 all-time peak

DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2
1,188 playing currently
1,367 24-hour peak
13,570 all-time peak

Mortal Kombat X
962 playing currently
1,187 24-hour peak
13,649 all-time peak

1,175 playing currently
1,487 24-hour peak
23,094 all-time peak

For Honor
8,397 playing currently
8,822 24-hour peak
45,923 all-time peak

Looks like FH is killing it in it's own category as the most popular fighting game of all time according to steamcharts my dude?

Are you really such a fan of ubisoft? I love the game, but it is a fact that is dying and if you do not want to see it, my talk with you ends here.
https://fotos.subefotos.com/6dc5379d27e75118e9c406c928f4f1aco.jpg

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 05:13 PM
Are you really such a fan of ubisoft? I love the game, but it is a fact that is dying and if you do not want to see it, my talk with you ends here.

Your notion for it to die does not correlate with the evidence, I am so sorry my dude, pelase read this thread I made about how much FH is not dying:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1616130-For-Honor-most-played-fighting-game-of-all-times-according-to-SteamCharts?p=12494881#post12494881

RatedChaotic
03-26-2017, 05:14 PM
#UbisoftDidNothingWrong

Then the requirements on the games box should say......Requires MassiveD's awesome connection to play. #StupidCommentsGetStupidReplies.

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 05:17 PM
Then the requirements on the games box should say......Requires MassiveD's awesome connection to play. #StupidCommentsGetStupidReplies.

Or I could just write you off as a crazy man yelling at the clouds, since the game works fine for me, and did you miss that comment where some dude from middle-east with 2mb connection said he had no connection issues?

What's your excuse lol

CitizenPuddi
03-26-2017, 05:18 PM

to claim that the game is dying flies in the face of the data, fanboyism has nothing to do with it

the data shows that for honor, a fighting game, is currently the most active and popular fighting game on Steam right now

yes, the playerbase has dropped, currently with only 18.28% of the all-time peak playing currently.

on the other hand, Dark Souls 3 has only 11.19% of their all-time peak playing currently.

so....

i don't know

it's the most active and popular in its category and has a larger percentage of its playerbase currently playing than Dark Souls 3

that's what the data tells me, no more, no less

solho
03-26-2017, 05:39 PM
to claim that the game is dying flies in the face of the data, fanboyism has nothing to do with it

the data shows that for honor, a fighting game, is currently the most active and popular fighting game on Steam right now

yes, the playerbase has dropped, currently with only 18.28% of the all-time peak playing currently.

on the other hand, Dark Souls 3 has only 11.19% of their all-time peak playing currently.

so....

i don't know

it's the most active and popular in its category and has a larger percentage of its playerbase currently playing than Dark Souls 3

that's what the data tells me, no more, no less

You are still comparing for honor with other games that do not have the same orientation.
It seems that they still do not understand that this game was oriented from the first day to the competitive, to reach the competitive professional in the e-sports.
Along with games like csgo, lol, dota, overwatch, etcs is something that the same creators of for honor said in many interviews.
I'm not interested in comparing it with dark souls, I'm interested in comparing it with e-sport games.
I do not want more maps, more campaign, more customization. What I want is balance and competitive mode, the other things are to please another type of audience but the game was always oriented towards the competitive 1vs1, 2vs2 professional.
In that head enters to compare a game oriented totally to the competitive like for honor with a dark souls, seriously?

Jarl.Felix
03-26-2017, 06:11 PM
You are still comparing for honor with other games that do not have the same orientation.
It seems that they still do not understand that this game was oriented from the first day to the competitive, to reach the competitive professional in the e-sports.
Along with games like csgo, lol, dota, overwatch, etcs is something that the same creators of for honor said in many interviews.
I'm not interested in comparing it with dark souls, I'm interested in comparing it with e-sport games.
I do not want more maps, more campaign, more customization. What I want is balance and competitive mode, the other things are to please another type of audience but the game was always oriented towards the competitive 1vs1, 2vs2 professional.
In that head enters to compare a game oriented totally to the competitive like for honor with a dark souls, seriously?

Well said. That's the point many people miss.

Xynrex
03-26-2017, 06:12 PM
The simple fact that they removed the player count in-game is proof enough that the player-count is dropping.

CitizenPuddi
03-26-2017, 06:45 PM

I merely used Dark Souls to have a popular game to compare retention rates to.

The only other comparable e-sports fighting game I can think of right now is Street Fighter V, which had a very similar retention rate a month after release. The playercounts have dipped and spiked a lot since then though.

It's hard to compare For Honor to competitive games such as DOTA 2 or CS:GO, mostly because of how dissimilar the gameplay and match lengths are. Not to mention that these are sequels and already had a large following before release.

I do agree that they're ****ting the bed as far as making this a competitive esport though, what with the lack of an official ranking system and all.

NeoLocutus
03-26-2017, 06:59 PM

And don't forget to provide a video or "didn't happen".

Ubisoft damage control unleashed, GG Ubisoft!

EDG_Avocado
03-26-2017, 08:19 PM
Game dead ; (
nothing devs can do anymore ; (
way too late ; (

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 10:12 PM
Game dead ; (
nothing devs can do anymore ; (
way too late ; (

231 playing currently
430 24-hour peak
1,706 all-time peak

Street Fighter V
1,569 playing currently
1,678 24-hour peak
13,807 all-time peak

DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2
1,188 playing currently
1,367 24-hour peak
13,570 all-time peak

Mortal Kombat X
962 playing currently
1,187 24-hour peak
13,649 all-time peak

1,175 playing currently
1,487 24-hour peak
23,094 all-time peak

For Honor
8,397 playing currently
8,822 24-hour peak
45,923 all-time peak

So dead gurl <3

Bob__Gnarly
03-26-2017, 10:51 PM
For Honor
8,397 playing currently
8,822 24-hour peak
45,923 all-time peak

Those are disgusting numbers...

It shows that For Honor has lost over 80% of it's Steam player base in a little over a month...

I knew it was bad, but not that bad.

n1_Symphony
03-27-2017, 12:44 AM
10/10

Udonitron
03-27-2017, 02:07 AM
MassiveD just trolls all the threads about disconnects.
He is a diehard fanboy who is in full denial and will do so until the game is dead due to these supposed mythical disconnects every single other person is getting daily, but no not him!
Yet in another thread he acknowledged a video I posted of a host disconnecting and players who were once dead being back to life due to the ridiculous P2P foundation as it "making sense".
Best thing is not to take his bait, just ignore him...he has one agenda and nothing you do will change it.

Udonitron
03-27-2017, 02:10 AM
Those are disgusting numbers...

It shows that For Honor has lost over 80% of it's Steam player base in a little over a month...

I knew it was bad, but not that bad.

But MassiveD cannot see that because he is in full denial mode, as I just stated.
He is like a DT supporter, no matter how much proof you provide he will just claim it is all fake news.

solho
03-27-2017, 05:56 AM
MassiveD just trolls all the threads about disconnects.
He is a diehard fanboy who is in full denial and will do so until the game is dead due to these supposed mythical disconnects every single other person is getting daily, but no not him!
Yet in another thread he acknowledged a video I posted of a host disconnecting and players who were once dead being back to life due to the ridiculous P2P foundation as it "making sense".
Best thing is not to take his bait, just ignore him...he has one agenda and nothing you do will change it.

you are right, but it is difficult to understand that a person has that degree of denial. he must have a problem.

Delectable_Sin
03-27-2017, 06:17 AM
[B][I]

Then why do ultra competitive games like OW and SC2 have more people log in, in a week, than FH has sold in total copies?

Why is LoL the most played video game in the entire world, with about 10 million unique log ins per week, while FH hasn't even sold a total of a million copies across all platforms?

Based on the metrics I posted, people actually prefer competitive games and FH just isn't competitive enough. You call this game brutal? What do you normally play? Hello Kitty? 4 hits is a big combo in this game, and it's a clear paper>rock>scissors build. Give me a break with your "vicious, brutal, and unforgiving" crap.

lightdeed
03-27-2017, 06:27 AM
I've been playing FH like 2 weeks endlessly. Now I'm playing it 1-2 days a week, several stunden.

Should I play it 24/7 to make statistics look fine?

SangLong524
03-27-2017, 08:22 AM
huh, doomsayers, doomsayers everywhere! Sheep! they said the same thing about 2012, something like that about Y2K.
I know that right at the moment FH is available and I am very happy to play. u doomsaying busybodies, by all means, stay here, divine and whine. FH dead or no the first one to take the blow would be Ubi. I'm content to let them handle it in case it really happens. Sure, i'll be sad if my $60 is wasted. but it would be only worth a drop compared to Ubi''s lost.
BYE! I'm gonna go play For Honor, stay here and get worked up with all these negativity. My sympathy to those who are really having a problem with connection, though. Good luck!
The rest, git gud :p

Grizzly458
03-27-2017, 08:24 AM
For honor player counts are reaching an all time low because of several reasons.
1- Peer to peer connection sucks
2- Well.... Thats about it.

For honor is an amazing game, WHEN IT WORKS!!! I have a couple of recommendations for Ubisoft if they wish to keep this game alive
1- GET DEDICATED SERVERS!!
2- After that Ubisoft should get a DLC out to attract people who have bought the game back to it. When picking up the game again the players realise that there is dedicated servers and the connection problems no longer exist, they will keep playing!
3- To bring new player into the game Ubisoft should put out a free weekend once they have dedicated servers to bring new people to the game

These 3 steps will make For Honor a more enjoyable game and will give the game a second chance at success.

Turric4n666
03-27-2017, 08:27 AM
I did not play a single game in the last 2 weeks. There is nothing happening to the stuff i am annoyed by..and what is this patch that does nothing either?

DerHerbman
03-27-2017, 09:14 AM
I wonder why they don't fix some important stuff quicker? Like for example Revenge build. I think this drives away many new players. Getting crushed from 108's in dominion is not Fun at all. Or the grinding. That would be some very easy to fix things but for 4 weeks we don't even have communication about what's going on beside"we are working on it" or "works like intended". I can understand that some things may need more time or are just broken like matchmaking. But the smaller things don't get fixed at all.

90% of my friendlist was playing that game. We had a great fun Clan with around 15 members, now I'm the only one left playing this game. It's such a shame.

EmeraldCthulhu
03-27-2017, 09:22 AM
For honor player counts are reaching an all time low because of several reasons.
1- Peer to peer connection sucks
2- Well.... Thats about it.

For honor is an amazing game, WHEN IT WORKS!!! I

I disagree. While the base mechanics of the game are really good and addictive (at least for me), there hugh amounts of nonsane around it that pushes people away:
- no balance between classes
- broken gear
- lot's of exploits and abusable bugs
- matchmaking based on your overall reputation (punishes you for playing a new class)
- revange spam
- spammable, annoying moves (headbutt, shield bash, sweep, shoulder bash)

All of those can make a player quit, all of them at the same time make For Honor an extremly frustreting experiance on top of it not working properly with disconnects. I truly belive all of those need to ba adressed if the game is to get a bigger playerbase.

jamistar
03-27-2017, 10:24 AM
I disagree. While the base mechanics of the game are really good and addictive (at least for me), there hugh amounts of nonsane around it that pushes people away:
- no balance between classes
- broken gear
- lot's of exploits and abusable bugs
- matchmaking based on your overall reputation (punishes you for playing a new class)
- revange spam
- spammable, annoying moves (headbutt, shield bash, sweep, shoulder bash)

All of those can make a player quit, all of them at the same time make For Honor an extremly frustreting experiance on top of it not working properly with disconnects. I truly belive all of those need to ba adressed if the game is to get a bigger playerbase.

Agree, but let add "cheating" on PC version.
Full of site that let cheat systems to be download.... (and no, anti-cheat seems prevent them)

DrExtrem
03-27-2017, 10:49 AM
I did not play a single game in the last 2 weeks. There is nothing happening to the stuff i am annoyed by..and what is this patch that does nothing either?

I have less problems (but I am playing on xbox) as well but the damage is already done.

Leavers usually don't come back.

Herbstlicht
03-27-2017, 11:16 AM
Dunno how it is with the PC-crew,can only tell about the PS4-one; there, Players still seem to be playing in abundance. However, if you talk to anyone, no one likes how the company treats the playerbase right now. And i really mean no one. There are some flaws that affect simply everyone. Time is flowing by, other games are getting stuff like bonus missions and nice little extra content after a few remaining bugs have been squashed a few days after release (Nioh in this case), while we wait for "For Honor" leaving beta status :/

Draghmar
03-27-2017, 11:36 AM
From what I see both points of view are valid. The game is hard and looks more like fighting game that doesn't have big playerbase. But then again there are many smaller or bigger problems with game itself. Balance is one thing but more important is the way connections and matchmaking is done. Both generates too many problems.
So if you combine those two views you'll see that they are overlapping themselves and unfortunately will make game loose more and more players. And if Ubisoft won't address that soon they will have hard time getting people back because there won't be enough lower-tier players for new comers to fight with.

mammakamelen
03-27-2017, 03:36 PM
If they made a new game, like they did. With a great combat system, which it has. With a steep learning curve, which it also has;

There is no reason for it to tank like this. There must be something else, the argument that it's too hard is nonsense. It's not too hard, if you learn the system for a couple of hrs you will do just fine. Cooperate with a friend and the required skill level needed drops a few hinges aswell.

All of the thousands af connection problems here, on steam forums and on every other social media say the same thing.

MassiveD is for honor's own flat earth enthusiast

RatedChaotic
03-27-2017, 03:53 PM
Ya hes really defending that....For Honors the most played fighter of all time thread pretty hard...lol...I find it hilarious hes using steam numbers to back his claim....when Steam was created in 2003 and some of the top fighters were released in the 90s and the Steam numbers does not show the decade before it was created.

He should be here in a few to troll me again.

Udonitron
03-27-2017, 05:02 PM
I wonder why they don't fix some important stuff quicker? Like for example Revenge build. I think this drives away many new players. Getting crushed from 108's in dominion is not Fun at all. Or the grinding. That would be some very easy to fix things but for 4 weeks we don't even have communication about what's going on beside"we are working on it" or "works like intended". I can understand that some things may need more time or are just broken like matchmaking. But the smaller things don't get fixed at all.

90% of my friendlist was playing that game. We had a great fun Clan with around 15 members, now I'm the only one left playing this game. It's such a shame.

Yeah tends to be the Ubisoft MO.
They are so disconnected from their player base and just cannot seem to grasp how vital that is until it is too late.
Then they scramble to ty and get people back with free items etc but it is too late at that point.
Regarding you revenge point, I agree.
Because people can make their character a revenge mode based build it literally takes 2-3 blocks to go into revenge so you end up facing foes that just keep spamming revenge and makes it irritating to have a fair fight.
If fairness and balance are not implemented ASAP this game won't be played in the next 2-3 months as the button mashing spammers will grow tired of winning with 3 button combos and leave just after those who want to play a good game of chess have bailed for good.

Turric4n666
03-27-2017, 09:31 PM
is rank mode implemented yet?

rocks.cl
03-27-2017, 09:48 PM
The cheap ***g0ts at ubi should release a dedicated hosting client, warframe`s pvp is extremely unpopular in a pve community, however the pvp players asked a dedicated hosting client for over a year, eventually the devs listened and now the players have several reliable servers to play, disconnections arent a issue since long ago, i was always there and i can tell that it was the exact situation, there was people who wanted to play but the p2p method only gave endless frustration, this is the list of active dedicated servers all hosted by players and obviously sending the data to the main database, some of these servers have several instances running, the same would happen in FH:

http://content.warframe.com/dynamic/dedServerStats.php

Reapy54
03-27-2017, 10:09 PM
I can only say why I have stopped playing until a bigger patch.

1. 1v1 feels pointless due to defense meta. I did not master it but it is obvious watching more talented players and looking at the game system that you just can't attack people unless you are using some soft of spammable unblockable like warden shoulder charge mixup, warlord headbutt, or pk zome/light attack spam. I want to do something and push the gameplay forward rather than feel like to attack is to be destroyed. The basic attacks should be blockable but not punished so heavily. I feel like this will take a major design change to make the game work and I'm a bit doubtful about how soon this will be fixed, if at all.

This is my major reason for rapidly dialing down on learning to 'get gud' and play the game a lot, it doesn't feel worthy of the time investment yet.

This could be somewhat alleviated in brawl if people didn't cry like babies if you try to actually fight 2v2

So fine, 1v1 and 2v2 is out. Fine, let's check out dominion, goof around, team fights etc, not as big as an issue here, right? Now we get into some other problems. The first one is revenge gear. Playing vs max gear before you get it sucks. Playing with max gear on both of you sucks too. I don't know why they didn't test out max revenge gear and thought it would be a good idea to let classes accumulate it so fast such that they can use it 5 + times in the same fight.

Revenge is interesting, if it happens only once in a fight, regardless of gear. The thing needs a one minute cool down on it or something. Also the nature of the game doesn't feel like there is much interesting strategy, it forces you to spread out, 1 person in each lane, 2 camping for the double point value and 1 in the midlane farming minions, one guy roaming around as needed. It is really hard to deviate from this strategy because of the loss in points if you aren't physically standing on the point.

So really I see this as logging in and not having much to do right now. I really hope there is some change to the defensiveness of the game because I would like to pick it back up. I personally don't care about the cost of steel/cosmetics, whatever. I do care about the cost of getting gear and prestiege 3, that is a bit annoying, but whatever, my first concern is that there is a competent base game under the hood, and I'm not seeing it yet, though it feels closish.

IceD34ler
03-27-2017, 10:21 PM
There are a lot of issues in For Honor. Starting with the horrible P2P over to the non-existent balancing and the not really thought out warmap. Not to mention the ridiculous gear advantage once you hit gear level 108. It's just no fun. Especially when wardens and conquerors only spam shoulder/shield bash light shoulder/shield bash light (btw. shoulder/shield bash light) and then win the 1on1. Oh and I didn't mention the absolutely broken revenge ability. And why do players have FULL health when revived ? I have the feeling this game was created by little kids trying out new things in video game development rather than by experienced game developers who actually care about the quality of their product, sorry I can't take that serious. Stopped playing as well, there are way more optimized early alpha games out there.

EDG_Avocado
03-28-2017, 11:54 AM
IK you love this game and so does everyone else, so lying won't help this game get better. You know this game is dying.

Tillo.
03-28-2017, 08:29 PM
I've stopped playing because I couldn't stand the dcs anymore.
Furthermore, I still can't stand bugisoft's moderators and customer care representatives insulting our intelligence over and over.
When we played beta it was no damn beta, it was the final release without elimination & skirmish and fewer maps. They have released an unfinished product that can't provide uninterrupted gameplay. They knew about this and stalled us with useless troubleshootings to miss our refund window (my NAT has always been green).
I won't say that I won't buy another bugisoft game again, because they might come out with something good. But I won't let my hype take over me -again- and I will check the forums and wait till the game is stable.

corazondedelfin
03-28-2017, 08:30 PM
Im sure many of you would like to leave your words and VOTE in here and be heard by the Ubisoft bosses somewhere where they are.

Please, come in here and be heard: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1617524-Did-For-Honor-die-today-Poll

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
03-28-2017, 08:44 PM
And that is exactly what happeend to the population my dude, in the beta the player scene was not that diverse, so you did not meet super pros that often, everybody was good, and got their hopes up thinking that they will continue to be good, a fantasy that got immediately smashed when Street Fighter and Dark Souls multiplayer scene switched over to FH shreking normies left and right, sending them into the furious rage on the forums trying to blame lag, and overpowered characters, and everything else but not them, because that would be unthinkable.
This gave me a pretty good laugh for how true it is, I play Blazblue and dark souls, and this game was the love child of the two in my eyes. The hatemail I got, even in the beta, blaming lag and OP on things that weren't so. That is why I love these games.

mammakamelen
03-28-2017, 08:55 PM
Well. You two have yet to understand what im saying:

Please read this slowly.

People arent playing it because they drop out of alot of games. They lose the progress every time, after a while they leave.

The game is easy to play, hard to master. And actually really good. Like most people say : the game is good but i wish the connection was better. Thats all.

No hate, no git gud talk and no tears. Just fix servers please, that would be great. If they gave this a server solution today (not possible) the people playing would go up again. I guarantee it :)

I guess you both play on consoles? The problem is far worst on pc, which is the most neglected platform when it comes to support from Ubi.