PDA

View Full Version : DEFLECT Practice problems~

AceFenz86
03-26-2017, 01:35 AM
where i can find the practice to teach me the deflect. I WANT TO TRAIN THAT USING OROCHI.

I find any mode but doesn't have deflect practice. only found video for showing deflect!??!?!??!?!?!?!?

Opponent using deflect i can't do any counter/defence!?!??!

Moondyne_MC
03-26-2017, 02:05 AM
Just do a level 1 bot practice.

You know how to parry, yeah? Deflects are performed similarly, still just the one button (x on PS4), but you have to do it right as the enemy is about to make contact with you. The timing window is rather smaller than a parry, but not overly difficult.

AceFenz86
03-26-2017, 09:26 AM
and today i just found out...
Opponent just can use deflect anytimes anywhere. but orochi only can deflect when we are counter/block.

HOW FAIR!

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 01:11 PM
and today i just found out...
Opponent just can use deflect anytimes anywhere. but orochi only can deflect when we are counter/block.

HOW FAIR!

What? Only 3 characters can deflect in the game, PK, Orochi, and Valkyrie, and they all do it the same way, what are u talking about.

Btw deflect sucks, parry is better

AceFenz86
03-26-2017, 01:38 PM
What? Only 3 characters can deflect in the game, PK, Orochi, and Valkyrie, and they all do it the same way, what are u talking about.

Did u face player using conqueror before?

deflect > attack > deflect > attack.... <continue>.... u can't even parry or block.

try to learn combo/defend? the tutorial didn't teach but only basic.

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 02:20 PM

deflect > attack > deflect > attack.... <continue>.... u can't even parry or block.

Conqueror is my main, and Conqueror does not have a deflect mechanic, what are you on about?

I think you are confusing mechanics

secrecy274
03-26-2017, 02:35 PM

Do you mean Shield Bash > Attack > Shield Bash perhaps?

CitizenPuddi
03-26-2017, 02:39 PM

you've never played berserker, have you?

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 02:57 PM

The only situation in which deflect is better than parry into GB, is when fighting against Nobushis

AceFenz86
03-26-2017, 03:03 PM

I think they calling that "Shield Bash" and also can make my stamina gone.

CitizenPuddi
03-26-2017, 04:03 PM
The only situation in which deflect is better than parry into GB, is when fighting against Nobushis

as a berserker?

their deflect is superior to a parry in almost every way, since it basically works as a parry and guardbreak at the same time-- that also functions as a dodge if you manage to screw up the timing

psyminion
03-26-2017, 05:48 PM
been playing Kensei for a little while (main Orochi) and I've done a 'deflect' while dodging in the direction of my opponents attack. it doesn't have any useable follow up attack that I can tell but it is a different animation and sound from a regular dodge while blocking.