PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Coordinates - What it Could Mean

Sigma 1313
03-26-2017, 12:28 AM
Recently Sorroysos has pointed out the list of coordinates in the AC Movie. Not owning it, I didn’t see this, but she shared a screen: http://i.imgur.com/UX7MM4l.png. He pointed out that the Sensoji Temple in Tokyo was on the list, and believes it may be a hint at a game in Japan. I don’t disagree, but think this shows us even more.

42.3763, -71.0607 - Bunker Hill Monument (Boston, MA, USA) - AC3
58.9414, 5.6713 - Mollebukta (bay) (Stavanger, Norway)
51.5007, 0.1246 - Southmere Park (London, UK) - ACS (this park doesn’t seem to be in game)
29.2053, 2.5435 - Central Algeria (no town)
48.8530, 2.3499 - Notre Dame (Paris, France) - ACU
35.7148, 139.7967 - Senso-ji (Tokyo, Japan)
41.9031, 12.4663 - Castel Sant Angelo (Rome, Italy) - ACB
35.0660, 36.3432 - Masyaf (Masyaf, Syria) - AC1
41.895, 12.474 - Rome (Rome, Italy) - ACB
41.0086, 28.9802 - Hagia Sophia (Istanbul, Turkey) - ACRev
43.3901, 11.2234 - Monteriggioni (Tuscany, Italy) - AC2 (and ACBro)
34.6748, 76.6824 - Central J&K (Jammu and Kashmir, India/Pakistan)

Assassination at Bunker Hill
Assassination at Notre Dame
Assassination Attempt and character death at Castel Sant Angelo
Assassination at Masyaf
“Tomb” in Hagia Sophia
Character died in Monteriggioni

I decided to map these points out and try to draw lines and see if they can indicate anything.
All points connected in order shows nothing
2 points connected shows nothing (1-2 3-4 5-6 7-8 9-10 11-12) Though (1-12 2-11 3-10 4-9 5-8 6-7) has a few intersections in Germany and one in Greece.
Only sites with assassinations connected shows nothing (1-5 7-8 and 1-8 5-7)
Only sites without being in a game shows nothing (2-12 4-6 and 2-6 4-12)
Sites without assassinations may show something. If we take (2-4 and 3-6 has an intersection in the Netherlands) Another combination shows Uzbekistan. If I draw a triangle between 2,4, and 6 (12 falls along the line between 4 and 6), the center point is eastern Uzbekistan.
All evens and all odds connected show an intersection in Afghanistan (from odds only) and France (from even line intersection odd line). If I connect all evens (2-12 4-10 6-8) you can get an intersection at the border of Kashmir and Pakistan. If I instead connect 2-12 and 6-10 I get an intersection in Uzbekistan (though it’s at the border of Turkmenistan).

I think I’m looking into it too much, thought Uzbekistan may be interesting. It was taken over by the Mongols and has history going back about 3000 years and eventually aided in trading via the silk road. If the Star Wars prequels taught me anything, trade conflicts are always fun.

I also find it interesting that Rome is listed twice. Once in Castel Sant Angel, and again in District 7. I looked into that further and it seems to be at about the point where Circus Flaminius stood. That was built in about 220 BCE and was abandoned in the 4th century CE. If this location is a hint to a future game like the Empire Trilogy, it would mean that they likely take place in Ptolemaic or Roman Empire Egypt, both of which are interesting and have great history.

This just leaves Central Algeria and Central Kashmir as a mystery, because the other 10 locations all have a relevance.

Looking into the location in Kashmir, it’s just below the line between Pakistan and India, south of a town called Thanga. I see nothing there on google maps/earth. It looks like an ordinary mountain. There is a road just to the west though, and on the road is an unmarked settlement. 3440'41.9"N 7638'38.8"E.

Algeria is also a bit strange. Not even a town relatively close by, and based on google maps, almost completely flat desert. There is a nearby road, and looking more closely on Google Earth, you see that right next to the location is a dirt road not registered on maps. Mildly ominous is the large number of tire tracks in the dirt that was picked up on by google maps. But if you follow the tracks northward a little bit, you can find a wierd shape in the ground (that also appears flat. There are a to of tracks going around it. Coordinates are: 2912'09.2"N 232'41.1"E.
Even more interesting, is that in AC1 and AC2 you can see a dot in western Africa around the same location as this, implying that a PoE is nearby.

Anyway, like I said, probably looking too much into this.

Elder-Kalakta
03-26-2017, 01:07 AM
I believe Sorrosyss is a she. ;)

This is certainly an interesting thread, I always loved how this franchise gives us all these little secrets to speculate about, it's so fun.

JamesFaith007
03-26-2017, 01:18 AM
Looking into the location in Kashmir, it’s just below the line between Pakistan and India, south of a town called Thanga. I see nothing there on google maps/earth. It looks like an ordinary mountain. There is a road just to the west though, and on the road is an unmarked settlement. 3440'41.9"N 7638'38.8"E.

Arbaaz Mir was born in Kashmir. Maybe it was reference to him?

SixKeys
03-26-2017, 02:38 AM
I believe Sorrosyss is a she. ;)

https://m.popkey.co/fe6e8b/g33JK.gif

Sorrosyss
03-26-2017, 11:17 AM
lol.... thanks for my gender discussion. :p

As for the coordinates, I think Sigma nailed most of them. They all seem to be game locations with a few exceptions. Norway is likely the location of the Altair II, as it tends to keep hiding out that way. Algeria is the location of an Isu city, it was the one we saw in the scrambled image in Unity's Intel files. Kashmir - Well this was Arbaaz's birthplace and featured in Brahmin and maybe AC India (don't remember off the top of my head). We know it was likely the location of the Koh-i-noor for a time.

But yeah... I'm not sure what the correlation exactly is. I suppose you could take the non-game locations as hints towards the next game, but it's anyone's guess at this point. They could have just randomly dumped them in there just to toy with us lore nuts.

Elder-Kalakta
03-27-2017, 03:52 AM
https://m.popkey.co/fe6e8b/g33jk.gif

lol! :D

AJACOB90
03-30-2017, 01:30 AM
Hey just letting you know that your fourth pair of coordinates are wrong. Its not Algeria. 29.2053, 25.5435 are the correct coordinates. It points to Siwa Oasis - Temple of the Oracle of Amun in Egypt. They may be hinting at the rumors of AC Empire/Osiris.

cawatrooper9
03-30-2017, 08:35 PM
I love viral marketing like this.

I also love when other people figure out what it means, because I'm super lazy.

That being said, I'm still curious about Rome. Why have it twice?

I guess technically we've been to Rome in two different games- but same goes for Masyaf. Maybe it's a reference to the rumored upcoming Rome game?

Seven_One_ONe
06-10-2017, 06:49 PM
If you didn't know, on the menu for the movie, if you go up above play, you find the coordinates. You can also find the Abstergo logo in extras above the top line, which contains links to an image of an eagle, the sound of an eagle's call, and the image with the creed on it. Their sites are redirected form bit.ly links, and their links contain the word "Code" followed by a number. Code 1 is the creed, code 2 is the image of an eagle, and code 3 is the sound of an eagle's call...

joshoolhorst
06-10-2017, 09:38 PM
Sorrosyss IS A GIRL?

Beloved I am your instrument! you are the only girl I know that likes AC so much MARRY ME! LET'S HAVE CHILD - you know what never mind that!

wvstolzing
06-10-2017, 09:57 PM
Assassin's Creed: Coordinates ???

Is this what's replacing Initiates?

Sorrosyss
06-10-2017, 10:05 PM
Sorrosyss IS A GIRL?

Beloved I am your instrument! you are the only girl I know that likes AC so much MARRY ME! LET'S HAVE CHILD - you know what never mind that!

:confused: What the...

Back on topic please. :p

joshoolhorst
06-10-2017, 10:15 PM
:confused: What the...

Back on topic please. :p

It was a joke XD I upvoted your comment to I hope I didn't sound like a creep

Locopells
06-10-2017, 11:29 PM
Assassin's Creed: Romance, the dating site...

...sorry, couldn't resist...

Helforsite
06-11-2017, 09:02 PM
Sorrosyss IS A GIRL?

I thought we discovered Sorrosyss being a girl and more importantly an absolute lore-expert quite a while ago.

Morgan-GW
06-19-2017, 10:32 PM
I don't know about girls, but there are plenty of women who like AC. ;-)

Back on topic: Thanks for the coordinates list. I, too, like when then include these, and miss the discussions we used to have on Project Legacy and Initiates.