PDA

View Full Version : lawbringer OP combo

VernalBreak
03-25-2017, 10:07 PM
To be clear, I think the whole of the lawbringer as a character is not OP in fact I think he even needs a buff.

I have noticed kind of a combo with the lawbringer that seems to be really hard to counter and seems to be able to be done until you run out of stamina.

Here is what the combo is:

get in a heavy attack either through basic fighting or block breaker then press the guardbreak button and that pushes them. That itself is not OP but you can then almost always get a guardbreak in afterwards then because they have been guardbreaked you can get another heavy attack in and start the whole process again.

I put this in general discussion rather than feedback and suggestions because I am just curious if other people have any thoughts on this. I think the guardbreak after the push CAN be countered (a guy countered it once) so maybe it isn't OP?

T3chNole
03-25-2017, 10:18 PM
Its funny you just posted this cause thats EXACTLY how I play with my Lawbringer, just bashed and slashed some poor soul into rage quitting about 10 mins ago :p

Xynrex
03-25-2017, 10:22 PM
To be clear, I think the whole of the lawbringer as a character is not OP in fact I think he even needs a buff.

I have noticed kind of a combo with the lawbringer that seems to be really hard to counter and seems to be able to be done until you run out of stamina.

get in a heavy attack either through basic fighting or block breaker then press the guardbreak button and that pushes them. That itself is not OP but you can then almost always get a guardbreak in afterwards then because they have been guardbreaked you can get another heavy attack in and start the whole process again.

I put this in general discussion rather than feedback and suggestions because I am just curious if other people have any thoughts on this. I think the guardbreak after the push CAN be countered (a guy countered it once) so maybe it isn't OP?

Dont want to offend you but you are just a bad player playing against bad players - because that guarbreak after shovel is easlily 100% counterable.

Zv1k0
03-25-2017, 10:23 PM

Ofcourse guardbreak can be countered. You must be facing some noobs who cant cgb.

secrecy274
03-25-2017, 10:26 PM
Yeah, sorry to say that combo doesn't work against competent player.

VernalBreak
03-25-2017, 10:30 PM
maybe your right, that is why I put in general discussion not suggestions or something... what do people not understand about this? I simply found something that seemed like it might be OP so I put it in general discussion.

Simi_Xiamara_
03-25-2017, 10:53 PM
It's actually easyer then a normal guardbreak cuz you know the guardbreak is coming

VernalBreak
03-25-2017, 10:56 PM
Xynrex, also how does it have anything at all to do with me being a bad player. I beat some people with a combo that you think isn't that hard to counter so I am a bad player for what? using it? wow...
I personally don't think it would make you bad at the game just because you weren't able to counter the guardbreak but how does it make you a bad player for using it?

Zv1k0
03-25-2017, 11:07 PM
Xynrex, also how does it have anything at all to do with me being a bad player. I beat some people with a combo that you think isn't that hard to counter so I am a bad player for what? using it? wow...
I personally don't think it would make you bad at the game just because you weren't able to counter the guardbreak but how does it make you a bad player for using it?

I guess just knowing that you dont know what actually works and what not is showing how much experience you have. I wouldnt call you bad but inexperienced.

VernalBreak
03-25-2017, 11:16 PM
Because I haven't played lawbringer a whole lot and thought one of his combos may be OP (I still right now think it is at least quite powerful) I guess I have no experience in the game as a whole...

Xynrex
03-25-2017, 11:58 PM

I didnt mean to insult you.

Inexperienced player is a better description than bad.

As Zv1k0 said. If you would be an experienced player you would have fought opponents who would have easily cgb you all the time.