PDA

View Full Version : Valkyrie

Helnekromancer
03-25-2017, 10:00 PM
So when are you guys toning down this Character and by "toning" down I mean lower her attack speed. I don't know how she was previously because I never played her but had friend who main her and said you had to "work for your damage". And me as a Nobushi fighting them was 50/50. But ever since the buff it's more like 70/30 because she just spams light attacks. sure everyone can do that, but her lights stagger me to the point in which my character is vunerable almost like they've been thrown into wall and because of that her attack speed is now fast enough for her to safely get in another, stagger me again and I'm brought down by the sweep and I'm on the ground long enough for her to get a free heavy, already at this point I'm at 40% health. If I get up she GB me, headbutts me and sweep me to get another free heavy but if I counter GB she simply backs up or parry/block my hit and repeats the same combo.

I'm fine with everything else in the game, just lower Valkyrie's attack speed so players are able to fight back. What's the point in giving her the most versatile kit in the game, (charged shield bash, headbutt, sweep, gap closer,, bleed) if all she has to do is remember a 3 button combo to kill everyone?

Gray360UK
03-25-2017, 10:04 PM
So when are you guys toning down this Character and by "toning" down I mean lower her attack speed.

She was losing more than any other class before they increased her attack speed. Not sure if you're aware she started the game exactly as you want her to be now, and they deliberately changed her from that in a recent patch to what she is today. Maybe they went too far the other way. I don't really think so, it's not like she can't be killed or anything.

Dry.Fish
03-25-2017, 10:46 PM
Her heavy's are really slow and the recovery time from a missed sweep or a shield charge make her really vulnerable. If you can stop her chains and GB she becomes almost useless to the point where all she has is lights and looking for parries.

Dizzy4213
03-25-2017, 10:53 PM
So when are you guys toning down this Character and by "toning" down I mean lower her attack speed. I don't know how she was previously because I never played her but had friend who main her and said you had to "work for your damage". And me as a Nobushi fighting them was 50/50. But ever since the buff it's more like 70/30 because she just spams light attacks. sure everyone can do that, but her lights stagger me to the point in which my character is vunerable almost like they've been thrown into wall and because of that her attack speed is now fast enough for her to safely get in another, stagger me again and I'm brought down by the sweep and I'm on the ground long enough for her to get a free heavy, already at this point I'm at 40% health. If I get up she GB me, headbutts me and sweep me to get another free heavy but if I counter GB she simply backs up or parry/block my hit and repeats the same combo.

I'm fine with everything else in the game, just lower Valkyrie's attack speed so players are able to fight back. What's the point in giving her the most versatile kit in the game, (charged shield bash, headbutt, sweep, gap closer,, bleed) if all she has to do is remember a 3 button combo to kill everyone?

Valkyrie is fine. She was one of the weakest classes in the game before the small buff. Even now she still needs a few more tweaks like Shoulder Pin being blockable, Shield Tackle cancel into GB etc.

PK attacks faster than Valkyrie. As a fellow Nobushi player I can understand your frustration. The problem is not Valkyrie but Nobushi's slow guard change making it difficult to block light attack spam. Shugoki, Raider, Nobushi and Lawbringer all have the slowest guard change in the game making it extremely to block heroes like PK. It's even more difficult on console. Until then, just have to wait for the patch where they make every hero have the same guard change speed so it's fair.

Simi_Xiamara_
03-25-2017, 11:42 PM
Valkyrie is fine. She was one of the weakest classes in the game before the small buff. Even now she still needs a few more tweaks like Shoulder Pin being blockable, Shield Tackle cancel into GB etc.

PK attacks faster than Valkyrie. As a fellow Nobushi player I can understand your frustration. The problem is not Valkyrie but Nobushi's slow guard change making it difficult to block light attack spam. Shugoki, Raider, Nobushi and Lawbringer all have the slowest guard change in the game making it extremely to block heroes like PK. It's even more difficult on console. Until then, just have to wait for the patch where they make every hero have the same guard change speed so it's fair.
Actually valkyrie can attack just as fast as a pk but a pk can combo faster then valkyrie

PK 1st hit is like 15 2nd is12
Valk 1st his is 15 but 2nd his is 15 or 17 (idr)

I don't understand why they don't make everyone switch guard at same speed. I play warden and pk so I actually never experienced slow switching.

Also I never had a problemblocking a valkyrie or pk but I can't seem to parry them. So I kinda just sit their spaming zone attack or hope for a lucky parry (if my friend would actually ever get on I would practice the timing of it)

That_guy44
03-26-2017, 12:06 AM
If you can manage to block her second light, you will disrupt her entire combo. Focus on defending against that second light and you won't be caught in her vortex so much.

Simi_Xiamara_
03-26-2017, 02:17 AM
If you can manage to block her second light, you will disrupt her entire combo. Focus on defending against that second light and you won't be caught in her vortex so much. I block the first light if I miss I'll wait for the 2nd and jump backwards and then punish them

DvlDawg15
03-26-2017, 05:26 AM
Yes I'm a valk main

And I'm envious of how easy you apply bleeds and can back off. Dipping in and out, pecking away at people. I believe you have a longer range, and can more effectively pull off a heavy without requiring a combo to knock down your oppentent just to slip in a heavy...

No matter what direction she comes, dodge back from the valk and block top, it's coming... and on 3, roll back and you robbed her kill potential... some can pull out 3 chains into a sweep, usually at 2, they don't have enough juice for the 3rd until geared right... as a nobushi, your problems aren't the classes, but your okay to be honest...