PDA

View Full Version : Instruments of the First Will Question

Elder-Kalakta
03-25-2017, 05:57 AM
Do the Instruments of the First Will worship all of the Isu? Or is it just Juno who they are obsessed with?

I wonder how they would react to Consus, Minerva or Papa Jupiter?

It'd be an interesting scenario and I think it could even cause schisms and disagreements among them. Some might even become disillusioned with the Isu and still see Juno as the truly transcendent goddess while others would be fascinated and probably side with them over Juno.

Sorrosyss
03-25-2017, 10:15 AM
Interesting question. I believe that their underlying belief is that the Isu are the rightful masters of the world, but that Juno's word is all. They see humanity as needing to return to its former position of slavery, therefore if any other Isu - such as Consus - tried to offer an alternative vision I suspect they would shun them. In the end though, the Instruments were almost certainly created and convinced by versions of Aita, as such the obsession with Juno makes sense. They only seek to prepare the world for her return, and by any means necessary.

Their manifesto has a few choice words offering some insights;

Yes we submit that we ARE such tools and as such have a purpose befitting a tool. We submit we are like hammers and wrenches and shovels made for a specific purpose not our own. We submit that our purpose is indivisible from the will of THOSE WHO CAME BEFORE. We submit ourselves our bodies and our minds utterly...

Being that WE ARE THE INSTRUMENTS OF HER WILL - INSTRUMENTS OF THE FIRST WILL - THE ORIGINAL WILL - we submit this credo to the world...

We submit ourselves to eternal servitude in service of a grander fulfillment. We submit the world to itself it being a product that feeds life to life and death to death. May SHE - Mother Sister Wife Lover Friend - bring light to darkened minds and humility to those who succor for its wisdom. GUIDE US INTO THE GREY BELOVED GUIDE US!

Elder-Kalakta
03-26-2017, 01:10 AM
Good point, Sorrosyss, I think that thanks to the Sages, the Instruments would revere Juno the most even amongst the other Isu.

Maybe that could explain why Consus hasn't tried to reach any potential Instruments and has stuck to aiding the Assassins against Juno. Because he knows his words would be shunned by the cultists.