PDA

View Full Version : You didnt fix connectivity at all Ubisoft

RobR3kT
03-25-2017, 02:32 AM
Still dropping out of games left and right. But only after 20 mins of carrying a team back from a loss... you know right before we win. Super great stuff.

UbiJurassic
03-25-2017, 02:42 AM
Resolving the issues related to connectivity is unfortunately not something that can be done in one patch. Resolving connectivity issues is an ongoing process and we are continuing to resolve these issues and implement fixes as they become available. Getting these fixes to the players is are first priority and this most recent patch is a step in that direction.

Rump_Buffalo
03-25-2017, 04:43 AM
I suppose I'd feel more confident in that response had these issues not been here since Alpha and persisted until present day. I'm aware networking issues are not simple, but it's not like this is a new issue with launch.

Logged on for the first time in weeks to see if the connections have improved. 1st game, I get dc'd. Second game went fine. Third game my friend gets DC'd.

This is inexcusable. I want to play this game, but it literally is so frustrating to try... I barely log in anymore.

Tillo.
03-25-2017, 04:56 AM
Lies.
If it would be your first priority then you wouldn't be introducing ornaments nor emotes but fix the connectivity.
I preferred when you people played dead instead of taking us by fools.

dayLockey
03-25-2017, 05:01 AM
Lies.
If it would be your first priority then you wouldn't be introducing ornaments nor emotes but fix the connectivity.

For fools*

You've been spouting a lot of anger across every thread. Perhaps you should take a break from the game and come back when you've gotten over it or simply move on. Sounds like that time.

Tillo.
03-25-2017, 05:14 AM
I would have if I they would have reimbursed my money.
Until we can play uninterrupted, I'll be around.

Thanks for pointing out my typo.

GuardianAntares
03-25-2017, 05:33 AM
I only got to complete a few games in brawl, 3/5 went ok, the other two i got disconnected. It is a rarity to even complete a 4v4 match in the game, it disconnects every time. I'm at least relieved to hear your making the connection issues your priority. I ask you, to continue to do so before you release any more content.

Rump_Buffalo
03-25-2017, 06:19 AM
Lies.

Just so you know... the teams that work on netcode and those that work on MTX "Store" items have absolutely nothing to do with each other. People tout this argument all the time that if a company hadn't worked on X then Y would be better. That's just ignorant and wrong. That isn't how a game company works... there are different departments. Your argument is null and void, and I say that despite the fact that I also am livid about the connectivity and find it inexcusable. If you're going to be mad, at least be mad AND correct, otherwise you're just part of the problem.

Source: I work in the industry.

EothK
03-25-2017, 06:26 AM
Resolving the issues related to connectivity is unfortunately not something that can be done in one patch. Resolving connectivity issues is an ongoing process and we are continuing to resolve these issues and implement fixes as they become available. Getting these fixes to the players is are first priority and this most recent patch is a step in that direction.

Honestly I have no connection problems at all so I am one of the lucky ones.

But even I get annoyed by such statements. You (Ubisoft not you personally) did internal testing, a tech test, 2x Closed Alpha, Closed Beta AND Open Beta. It's not like it is a new problem. It's not like there was no time to fix this issue. And it wouldn't even exist had Ubisoft gone for dedicated servers. It is the main reason to do test for in an online game. A game that REQUIRES online connection for everything I should say.

Putting out an Open Beta 2 days before release clearly states this was just a demo. What we got was a game with balance issues that were already apparent in Alpha and Beta, with the same connection problem since Alpha. The only difference is that in Alpha/Beta players didn't have to put up with Revenge Gear and Prestige 12 vs New characters. So there is a lot more rage quitting now, which results in more DC's. But even on this there seems to be no plan. Just punish ragequitters.

Or seriously just ask for help. It's amazing how a 60-100 dollar game can't afford Dedicated Servers, yet a Free2Play game like Paragon can and thrives. Not to mention they are still in Beta and already have more content and Balance than this game.

Tillo.
03-25-2017, 06:41 AM
@Rump, I understand. They should use another term then, priority means that...

Rump_Buffalo
03-25-2017, 07:23 AM
I agree that their communication on the matter has been very PR-speak and not helpful, especially when there is no real noticeable progress.

stickyfingergan
03-25-2017, 08:19 AM
Lies.

Not trying to defend ubi. I'm just as frustrated as you bro, but I'm pretty sure they have a different team for ornaments and stuff like that so they can work on ornaments and outfits on one team and another work on connectivity at the same time

vgrimr_J
03-25-2017, 12:31 PM

sadly there is a simple solution to this and its dedicated servers

this game would have been truly AAA game after few patches to balance if you guys had dedicated servers in the first place but now it takes a lot more time to get all the lost players back

Xynrex
03-25-2017, 12:45 PM
sadly there is a simple solution to this and its dedicated servers

this game would have been truly AAA game after few patches to balance if you guys had dedicated servers in the first place but now it takes a lot more time to get all the lost players back

P2P has too many advantages.

Like its way cheaper.

OneTrueAlca
03-25-2017, 12:47 PM

u guys needs to add a system where the host left it will automatically place the next player with the best connection as host. Its ******ed how if the host left everyone get DC.

especially ******ed when it kepts happening near the end of the match wasting ur time and points.

before u guys do any balancing to classes fix your internet p2p system plz

not to mention as a Host it is so damn easy to FORCE DC everyone else, doing this in duels can easily be the fastest way to level up. since the moment someone DC they stay dead

Xynrex
03-25-2017, 01:09 PM
u guys needs to add a system where the host left it will automatically place the next player with the best connection as host. Its ******ed how if the host left everyone get DC.

Dude. It is already ingame since the start of this game.

It just doesnt work and some players still get dc.:p