PDA

View Full Version : Yeah, sorry, this just isn't fun anymore.

MisterSurreal
03-24-2017, 03:09 AM
I'm done. I really want to enjoy this game. When it works it's a lot of fun, especially when you get a game full of like minded players. But on top of the persistent connection issues, the shoddy matchmaking, and wonky balance, the Developers just don't seem to have a solid handle on what the strengths of this game are. The last few days I've played I've realized that I'm not enjoying playing this game. The first couple afternoons I figured I just needed a break, but coming back today was no better.

It's a real shame, 'cause obviously the dev team put a lot of work into this. The character models are fantastic, the environments are lovely, and the fighting system is unique. In tense 1 on 1 duels between players of even skill it's fantastic. But the game forces you to play other modes that are just frustrating. The 4v4 modes are just stress inducing gank fests that the fighting system doesn't handle well at all, and unless you're kited out in revenge gear AND very skilled, it feels like you don't really have much you can do. The daily orders push you into playing these modes if you want to progress at all, and good freaking luck if you need to or even choose to play a new class, 'cause you're going to get matched with 108 gear score dudes who just spank you, and no amount of practice mode is going to prepare you for Lawbringers with maxed out stamina reduction or Peacekeepers with nigh-instant revenge.

If this game is to work the devs need to find away to make group fights fun, or focus on what the system does well, which is the duels.

I'm sure there's a bunch of people out there who will disagree and call me names and so on, there always are. But I'm sure there are many more who agree with me, and the devs ought to read this perspective. I don't have any animosity towards them; I'd rather dev teams swing for the fences and fall short than bunt. They've got my money, for what it's worth. Maybe if they fix enough down the line I'll be back.

The good times were good, just wish they were the rule and not the exception.

darksavior1977
03-24-2017, 06:00 AM
2 major reason group fights suck;

Your allies are as much your enemy as your actual foes. Friendly fire interrupting your combos, getting bumped and staggered by allies, its a ****ing nightmare. I am only having fun in 4v4 whenever i happen to get a 1v1 fight, otherwise, my team is in my way or nowhere with 2-4 of the other team come gank me. Also if anyone so much as looks dirty at a fight you were having, your opponent can now go into revenge mode 20 times.

That brings up point 2, ****ing over the top in need a of super nerf revenge mode. This **** just ruins the game. All the careful tactics of a duel can blow me, I gots revenge mode, it makes me hit harder, have infinite stamina, knock down opponents and gives me a renewing bul**** shield that makes it impossible to kill me unless literally all 4 of your team are on me, and vice versa. It just deliberately wrecks all other game mechanics related to combat in this game. Its awful.

They fix the above, and group fights will suck a lot less. I am all for revenge mode giving someone whose getting ganged up on the occasional fighting chance, but its freaking super Saiyan mode and in the higher gear tiers characters pretty much live there. It completely undermines the game. When 4 people want to kill you, you should die, or corrdinate with your team, but as it is, if you gear for revenge they all are better off leaving you alone until it wears off.

Iuslez_
03-24-2017, 09:21 AM
I don't get why you feel forced to do the daily orders. Especially as a 1v1 player, you get no advantages out of the dailies right? It's not like this game has a ranked mode were you'd have to do them.

I only do the two orders awarding steel, which usually takes 15min (if it's against AI, you can even disable matchmaking to play on your own). The other orders, I only do them if they seem fun to me (not Killing 300minions, 50 takedown in AI skirmish, etc.)

About 4v4, that's your personnal opinion. I for one really love that mode and most of the playerbase seems to agree with me ;) You have to see it not like a 1v1 fight but more a rts, a teamfight: your life doesn't matter! If you are getting "********ed" 3-4v1 in a zone, it means your allies are roaming the map without any enemy and can score a lot of points. If your allies have half a brain, you getting ********ed is actually a good thing for your team. Now, often, your allies don't have half a brain, and it makes it very frustrating. That's not the game fault tho, but human nature, and it is like that in every team game.

Only fix to having stupid teammates: play in group with friends (and hope they aren't braindead too :p )

tonycawley69
03-24-2017, 09:27 AM
He feels he needs to do the orders to gain the xp and steel, just like everyone else.

If you have an issue with always s being ganked, don't go lone wolf, stick with team members.

In terms of revenge mode, that's a mechanic they've introduced to assist when you're getting ganked, I don't see why people moan. They moan about getting ganked and they moan about the system within the game designer to help you when you're getting ganked. I swear Ubisoft can't win!

Iuslez_
03-24-2017, 09:54 AM
He feels he needs to do the orders to gain the xp and steel, just like everyone else.
Yes, you get MOAR xp and steel, but what for? The only use I see is getting to rep 3 and buy gear. Which are both useless to him since he only like to play 1v1, where gear doesn't matter.

Okay, he could use the steel to buy cosmetics, that's about it. Just do the two high steel awarding dailies and you'll have plenty of steel. You can't pretend they are a big burden. Like the actual one I have today: 3 execute in elimination and 3 brawl games vs Ai, you can't tell me that's hard to do??!

PS: I don't pretend that game is perfect, but the daily orders are imo very well done. Except for the ones that push you to do unusual things. Like the revive order where you'll see people jumping down the cliff to get revived during the whole game.

Alchemist..
03-24-2017, 10:53 AM

If you have an issue with always s being ganked, don't go lone wolf, stick with team members.

In terms of revenge mode, that's a mechanic they've introduced to assist when you're getting ganked, I don't see why people moan. They moan about getting ganked and they moan about the system within the game designer to help you when you're getting ganked. I swear Ubisoft can't win!

You need realize that revenge builts allow you to get revenge very fast in 1v1 not only 4v1. Even 1v2 you can get revenge before first one is over

tonycawley69
03-24-2017, 11:10 AM
I fully understand that. point is the same builds are available to all players.

chiller2k3
03-24-2017, 02:46 PM
Yeah, gear is really an issue.
I'm LB with 94GS and when I'm fighting someone and a second enemie comes and only looks at me, I instant get revenge which means I can 2-3 shot people.. most likely killing the guy I'm fighting (most one shot because in the fight we are he only has 50% health left) and engaging the guy looking at me and maybe kill him or get him at least very low.

I'm mean what is that?!? You literally cannot help your teammates.. you have to just pass by and taking care of anything else (an other zone, killing minions, finding an enemie player (that is not fighting)). If A is contested by one guy, I cannot really go help my teammate to defend my zone because of the risk getting both of us killed.. That's stupid.. :/

For me, having gear is no fun.. I want to have nice fights, not blocking until I can 2/3 shot people :S

thornh
03-24-2017, 03:22 PM
The best way to play Dominion is to always have someone occupy zone A or C. You should have a Conqueror, Shugoki or Warlord defend a zone. Two players that can keep zone B clear and help out in A/C. The fourth should harass the other team's base zone. If you hold and occupy your zone and keep B clear you are gaining 3 points/sec. The other key is to try to hold off eliminating the other teams heroes until you get to 1100 points. Everyone rushes out at 1000 and it's easy for one player to grab a zone and break.

ShadowFetus
03-24-2017, 03:43 PM
Something tells me you aren't really sorry

Helnekromancer
03-24-2017, 05:15 PM
The best way to play Dominion is to always have someone occupy zone A or C. You should have a Conqueror, Shugoki or Warlord defend a zone. Two players that can keep zone B clear and help out in A/C. The fourth should harass the other team's base zone. If you hold and occupy your zone and keep B clear you are gaining 3 points/sec. The other key is to try to hold off eliminating the other teams heroes until you get to 1100 points. Everyone rushes out at 1000 and it's easy for one player to grab a zone and break.

Yea tried that, it's very boring the players just keep running at you and you kill them over and over again getting bonus points and making the game end quicker, you don't need to be a tank to do this, if you are confident in your abilities to win every 1v1. When players started doing that I made a new strategy of Holding down B/C with the soldiers and keep killing soldiers. Body count heals you so you don't have to worry about having to run to A C which could be occupied and instead kill anyone who tries to take B. You could also just farm soldiers until you get enough feats and go take either flag the enemy is holding. I don't intend to win every Dominion so I just get all my feats and if the Lunch Bell of Death rings I stand my ground with my healing feats (Nobushi) and try to last 3 mins. If I'm in the area with the most space I don't have to worry about constantly getting pushed into walls or pushed off a ledge because they can't take me down easily.

Dizzy4213
03-24-2017, 05:31 PM
Starting to feel the same way too. It's just getting far too repetitive and the lack of updates and piss poor network stability is turning me off even more. I think it's best if you take a break from the game for awhile. At least until there is a significant update.

Hiero_Glyph
03-24-2017, 05:44 PM
Play Dominion AI to get your rep and gear up faster and less stressfully... the games are quicker, easier and almost as profitable...

The AFKers pretty much ruin this. And while it may be better than it was, the problem has not been solved yet. Most of us had the same idea, but apparently removing the auto-ready was too much work for Ubisoft.

dreamcatcher09
03-25-2017, 08:39 PM
Yes, you get MOAR xp and steel, but what for? The only use I see is getting to rep 3 and buy gear. Which are both useless to him since he only like to play 1v1, where gear doesn't matter.

Okay, he could use the steel to buy cosmetics, that's about it. Just do the two high steel awarding dailies and you'll have plenty of steel. You can't pretend they are a big burden. Like the actual one I have today: 3 execute in elimination and 3 brawl games vs Ai, you can't tell me that's hard to do??!

PS: I don't pretend that game is perfect, but the daily orders are imo very well done. Except for the ones that push you to do unusual things. Like the revive order where you'll see people jumping down the cliff to get revived during the whole game.

steel is used for champion status and it is quite expensive. Yes optional again but that is the nature of the issue, the options you have is pay up or enjoy the roadblocks, too common in gaming now, really flabbergasted people are not getting fed up with it or maybe they are.
You also need steel to unlock the upcoming heroes (no small amount, guaranteed) and as of yet unannounced content. Also the amount of steel you get for completing matches is so small without doing orders you would have to play hundreds of duels to just unlock one piece or animation of the cheapest stuff.

suboptiml
03-25-2017, 09:48 PM
2 major reason group fights suck;

Your allies are as much your enemy as your actual foes. Friendly fire interrupting your combos, getting bumped and staggered by allies, its a ****ing nightmare. I am only having fun in 4v4 whenever i happen to get a 1v1 fight, otherwise, my team is in my way or nowhere with 2-4 of the other team come gank me. Also if anyone so much as looks dirty at a fight you were having, your opponent can now go into revenge mode 20 times.

That brings up point 2, ****ing over the top in need a of super nerf revenge mode. This **** just ruins the game. All the careful tactics of a duel can blow me, I gots revenge mode, it makes me hit harder, have infinite stamina, knock down opponents and gives me a renewing bul**** shield that makes it impossible to kill me unless literally all 4 of your team are on me, and vice versa. It just deliberately wrecks all other game mechanics related to combat in this game. Its awful.

They fix the above, and group fights will suck a lot less. I am all for revenge mode giving someone whose getting ganged up on the occasional fighting chance, but its freaking super Saiyan mode and in the higher gear tiers characters pretty much live there. It completely undermines the game. When 4 people want to kill you, you should die, or corrdinate with your team, but as it is, if you gear for revenge they all are better off leaving you alone until it wears off.

I'll add one other thing to this:

Feats ruin the fights.

The core fighting mechanics are excellent. Class imbalances aside, the core of the game is great, satisfying fun. And feats completely undermine this. Elimination and Dominion can have great, tense fights going on. Then someone pops a catapult, flame, arrow or blind, and completely negates all of the game's actual fighting mechanics. This is only made worse by the stat and revenge gear that boosts damage to levels to high degrees. What kind of fight is it when you get AoE'd or shot with an arrow, hit someone 2-3 times, they get revenge, and in turn they one-shot you. It's garbage gameplay for everyone involved.

4v4 modes without gear stats and without feats would make for great, engaging gameplay. As it stands now though, these modes show the game at its worst. Because of gear stats, revenge gain and feats.

Give us stat and feat free 4v4 modes. Keep the version we have now as well. Then let players decide what they think is most fun to play.