PDA

View Full Version : Broken economics? MORE STEEL!!!!!

CleanKingOKO
03-23-2017, 10:03 PM
Any one else have 50k scrap metal? I think theres a huge flaw with the economics of breaking down items.
I think scrap metal is insanely worthless, I have about 40k plus and as a rep 13 I still have 0 steel. Personally it feels like the game designers are just stingy as hell and they want you to purchase steel but common srsly I'm not going to pay 100 USD for a new hat....IN A VIDEO GAME!!!!! get real.

I also hate how the rewards for the Rounds is just a chest that gives you stuff you already have..... that's so lame. Steel Steel Steel!!!! The stuff that is actually usefull!!!!! as soon as any char hits rep three, you basically have 60/60 items. Then comes the process of upgrading and experimenting with the items....oh wait no steel to do it. YES, they have steel rewards for daily orders, but its still a huge pain in the rear to upgrade all your gear. Dont even get me started on purchasing new ornaments or costumes. 15k steel are you ****ting me. Basically theres only one way to get that stuff, YOU have to use real money.

PLEASE UBISOFT stop being stingy with the steel, please up the rewards post game, and please get rid of scrap metal and at least refund me 50% of the value of an item in steel.

in addition why does it cost 500 to change the look of an item. once i have an item why can't it just be unlocked and i can switch in between it freely when every I want. i like messing with the different looks. its a huge part of video games. being able to identify with your character and take pride in your flashy gear on the battlefield is bad ***. i just hate how Ubisoft wants half my soul and an arm to do it.

Tyler-Durdin
03-24-2017, 12:57 AM
This is the problems with video games today having to pay money over and over for stuff in a game (because buying the game originally isn't enough)
Gaming has been going downhill with the inception of this season pass BS essentially you have to buy the game twice over for content that should originally have been in the game after your initial purchase of the game. Now we have micro transactions for in game currency the greed of the games companies will only end when people stop buying into their greed.
I agree totally about the steel getting 40 steel per match (if you can get one cos matchmaking times you out %99 of the time) is ridiculous I spend more time timing out of matchmaking than playing the game out of my 100Hrs ive probly only had 20 hours of actual play so I have FA steel as well it needs to be double or even triple the amount of steel per game. BUT this wont happen cos greedy bastards want people to buy steel with money in a game they already own.

Gray360UK
03-24-2017, 01:00 AM
This is the problems with video games today having to pay money over and over for stuff in a game (because buying the game originally isn't enough)
Gaming has been going downhill with the inception of this season pass BS essentially you have to buy the game twice over for content that should originally have been in the game after your initial purchase of the game. Now we have micro transactions for in game currency the greed of the games companies will only end when people stop buying into their greed.

There is no 'having to' though. You get everything you need to enjoy the game through normal play.

Tyler-Durdin
03-24-2017, 01:09 AM
In this game you do yes.

sykout25
03-24-2017, 02:09 AM
The main problem with capitalism, is that its endgame breeds corruption and unethical business practices. Making $10,000,000 profit off of one title isn't enough, they need to make $150,000,000.

dayLockey
03-24-2017, 02:35 AM
I agree the steel to salvage ratio is way out of whack. I'm literally sitting on a 50k+ scrap from breaking down a mountain range of purples and blues. But is it of any value? Nope. It's all just for show until I decide to spend 50$+ to even out the ratio and actually make progress on heroes other than my "main". A simple 30-50% exchange from salvage -> steel would make a huge difference for players who actually play the game actively.

Also Damien's rationale for having the steel grind be so tedious due to them not expecting players to level/gear more than 1-3 heroes - if that was the case how come you sell bundles for an entire faction or an entire hero cast (Assassin, Vanguard, Heavy, Hybrid)? Do you expect people to run around with 15k costumes but have no gear or levels or general progress on them? It's a contradiction to your business model.

Anyway I hope that something is done about this. Either increase the amount of steel gained per match completed, especially considering the nightmare it has become just getting a complete game finished win or loss OR add in a system that allows players to exchange salvage for steel.

teksuo1
03-24-2017, 03:18 AM
yeah, @80k+ scraps for the knights and would LOVE a way to trade them in at all.

Eddeh07
03-24-2017, 03:40 AM
A simple 30-50% exchange from salvage -> steel would make a huge difference for players who actually play the game actively. [/B]

I love this idea. Rewards committed players but doesn't cut out those who want to just pay real money upfront to get access to things faster (lucky you if you have that money to burn, plus Ubisoft get to keep that revenue stream without angering longer term players who feel under appreciated)

A much more actionable/realistic compromise than just "get rid of all purchasables" or "give everyone enough to buy everything easily"

sykout25
03-24-2017, 04:43 AM
I am actually shocked there isn't a currency conversion for salvage to steel.... COME ON UBISOFT - WAKE UP.

tonycawley69
03-24-2017, 08:50 AM
This has already been discussed here:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1612962-Currency-scarcity

My reply there still stands.

tonycawley69
03-24-2017, 08:51 AM
Here's my reply to that thread for those that can't be bothered to click through and read it.

I see absolutely no problem whatsoever in the amount of steel available through general play.

I have 1 character at 108 rep 5 and a few more characters at rep 1 or 2.

I've not had to buy any steel at all ,i feel no need whatsoever to use steel .

At rep 1 buy loot crates with steel until full blue. At rep 3 buy loot crates until full purple.

When you've got a piece of purple gear you like the look and stats of, level it up.

This has been my method and at no point have I needed extra steel that I haven't had.

It definitely helps though to complete the story on realistic and make sure you get all the collectibles, I got about 12 premium loot crates and a few thousand steel for doing that.

Honestly, I don't get why people are spending real money on steel, what are they using that steel for?