PDA

View Full Version : Revenge hate, Why?

SCNADS
03-23-2017, 06:01 PM
Why are many people against revenge? I personally like it cause its almost like a second chance to stay alive and win, for example if I or you were getting double teamed or something and you are almost dead you can use your revenge and it gives you some health and gives you a bit of an advantage. I really like the idea of adding it in. It gives hope for those who are getting completely destroyed and or those who are not good at the game( A.K.A. me) It gives me a chance to survive and at least fight back, so hate as you please, but when you are getting destroyed and stuff revenge will be there for you. Revenge will help you through those troubling times. Anyways if some can reply back to this thread on why they do or don't like revenge I would love to see your response!

UPDATE----
I now understand the hate towards it! People can get it when they are hit twice or they attack twice. You can take out the whole entire enemy team by using it. I got completely destroyed by a rep 19 nobushi and rep 13 warden because they based their gear off of revenge

guffffff
03-23-2017, 06:09 PM
It feels like it gets abused by players with high gear stats - rather than rescuing a player from a gang bang it becomes a powerful primary weapon and I see 3 team mates wiped out by a revenging player who can camp on the spot and in dominion there is a time/point aspect so everybody will rush back to get rid of this guy and over and over again be wiped out simply because of the gear build of the player, and that gets boring real fast - /quit

LinkZeppeloyd
03-23-2017, 06:09 PM
Why are many people against revenge? I personally like it cause its almost like a second chance to stay alive and win, for example if I or you were getting double teamed or something and you are almost dead you can use your revenge and it gives you some health and gives you a bit of an advantage. I really like the idea of adding it in. It gives hope for those who are getting completely destroyed and or those who are not good at the game( A.K.A. me) It gives me a chance to survive and at least fight back, so hate as you please, but when you are getting destroyed and stuff revenge will be there for you. Revenge will help you through those troubling times. Anyways if some can reply back to this thread on why they do or don't like revenge I would love to see your response!

Revenge doesn't allow you to maybe survive an outnumbered fight. It allows you to run into a group of 4 enemies and annihilate them.

zide-
03-23-2017, 06:37 PM
Once you play the game a bit more you start seeing how everything comes down to who has the most revenge buffs in their gear stats. Build your class right and the revenge mode goes from even the odds ability to kill everyone mode. Why people complain about revenge, is the fact that it is completely broken system currently.

Alustar.
03-23-2017, 06:41 PM
I'm on the fence if this issue. I like the idea of revenge aa means of assisting in an imbalanced fight. That makes a lot of sense to me.
What I don't like, (and this is something I've not seen addressed at all) is that the common thought is that when gearing, you have a main stat that gets buffed and one that gets nerfed while the third stays static.
One you hit rep 3 and have access to the higher end gear this is NOT the case at all. Again, a secret the higher rated players gave kept to themselves, is that you can buff two stats not just the one.
This is the direct cause of the imbalance with the gear/revenge system.
And I have every intention of exploiting this oversight until it is fixed.

Gray360UK
03-23-2017, 06:55 PM
There are people in PvP you cannot touch for fear of triggering their Revenge state, and far from them being the victim they then become the annihilator, able to destroy your entire team because you bumped into them on the way past. They can assault a zone guarded by 2 enemies safe in the knowledge the enemy outnumbering them is a bad thing. How many games have that feature? There are more enemies, they have the numbers, but you win? It's backwards logic compared to most games. It was intended to be a defensive last stand mechanic, but instead it's an excellent offensive tool. You know something is wrong when you find yourself hoping that second enemy joins in the fight, instead of fearing it.