PDA

View Full Version : How about a Starter Edition?

PugWick_hehe
03-22-2017, 03:45 PM
Well Siege got a Starter Edition which was a good idea.
For people who don't wanna buy the game for 60 dollars they can buy the starter edition.

This will lead to more people buying the game and rising the community.
And This happens then more might join the game.

If Ubisoft releases a Starter Edition i will buy it guarenteed because i wanted to buy the game but the thing that stopped me was that what if i spend the 60 dollars and then not play the game due to all the bugs and connection errors in it, then it would be a complete waste,

But if there is a cheaper edition then i would buy it as i want to play the game and i don't care about the in-game hardships (i'm talking about unlocking characters and stuff).

How About this idea people and Ubisoft?

PugWick_hehe
03-22-2017, 03:55 PM
would love to hear suggestions on this topic

chiller2k3
03-22-2017, 04:31 PM
I don't get it why you should get the game for less then I (or others) did?
If you want to check if you have problems with the connection or any other problems you always can buy the game on steam and can easily refund the game if you:
1. Did not play longer then 2 hours (which is enough to test if your connection works)
2. The game was purchased within the last 14 days

If you ant the game cheaper, you can wait for maybe half a year and maybe (more like for sure) get % on steam summer sale (hail the Gaben!)

Cheers

PugWick_hehe
03-22-2017, 05:19 PM
im not buyin the game for checkin the net issues i want to buy the game to play it. You people already made a Big declaration that DONT BUY THIS GAME IT IS NOT WORTH 60 DOLLARS. So, why not release a cheaper version which everyone will and can buy. As starter edition would be like 20 dollars

RenfieldX
03-22-2017, 05:38 PM
im not buyin the game for checkin the net issues i want to buy the game to play it. You people already made a Big declaration that DONT BUY THIS GAME IT IS NOT WORTH 60 DOLLARS. So, why not release a cheaper version which everyone will and can buy. As starter edition would be like 20 dollars

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the Siege starter edition that you're talking about. Just to clarify, what are you envisioning being included in a starter edition? Just Vanguard heroes and no ability to unlock others without upgrading to the 'full' version? Restrictions on what modes are playable, or what maps?

UCFierce
03-22-2017, 05:53 PM
Last thing that Ubisoft wants to do is fragment the player base any further.
Restrictions on game modes and available maps would do just that.
As far as a starter version where only Vanguard heroes are available - not likely - as people who already paid ADDITIONAL / above and OVER the original base price of $60 for the DLC map packs etc will ALREADY fragment the matchmaking when those additional game features are released.
Wait a couple of months - before summer it will be in the $20 bargain bin.

Aarpian
03-22-2017, 06:00 PM
How about a working edition?

PugWick_hehe
03-23-2017, 08:55 AM
instead of guessing the starter edition u should have checked it. In the starter edition(Rainbow six siege) the amount of steel to unlock a character would be increased there would be no restrictions in gameplay or anything just that the amount of steel to unlock anything would be increased. I RECOMMEND TO CHECK THIS-

https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faqs/000025116/Starter-Edition-FAQ

chiller2k3
03-23-2017, 03:40 PM
Last thing that Ubisoft wants to do is fragment the player base any further.
Restrictions on game modes and available maps would do just that.
As far as a starter version where only Vanguard heroes are available - not likely - as people who already paid ADDITIONAL / above and OVER the original base price of $60 for the DLC map packs etc will ALREADY fragment the matchmaking when those additional game features are released.
Wait a couple of months - before summer it will be in the $20 bargain bin.

I's not working like that.. Everyone (also the 60 bugs version) can play ALL maps and ALL heroes after they release. The 100 bugs season pass version will only allow you to play the new heros one week before the release.
But again: All content will be available to everyone that bought the game!

solho
03-23-2017, 03:42 PM
Sorry but this game is still going on Beta, Beta paid..

alfey707
03-23-2017, 07:33 PM
may be a free weekend sooner rather than later ?

DrExtrem
03-23-2017, 07:41 PM
First things first.

Fixes, before free weekends.

You want to get new players not people who damn their experience.

Btw. If you don't want to spend money on the game, it's your problem. Wait for a free weekend and pay the full price.

alfey707
03-23-2017, 07:58 PM
First things first.

Fixes, before free weekends.

You want to get new players not people who damn their experience.

Btw. If you don't want to spend money on the game, it's your problem. Wait for a free weekend and pay the full price.
A Free weekend wont diminish the servers as its ptp but yer ur right it may put them off the way the ptp is right now.I do have the game i got it day one.

massive02
03-23-2017, 10:39 PM
I think free-to-play makes a lot more sense than a starter edition. For honor is heavy on team-play so getting people to try it out with their friends and than capitalizing on it makes a lot more sense. It's done wonders for LoL and DOTA